OOC: Marvel Cinema Universe 2.1 [Now Showing]

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: OOC: Marvel Cinema Universe 2.0 [Recruiting]

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I'm not really all that aware of the Inhumans and their deal, so I'm not against the Inhuman show's canon being veto'd personally.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
T0DOSKER

Post by T0DOSKER »

Especially since they got the Iron Fist guy running it...ugh.
Syncretik

Post by Syncretik »

StarGuard wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:02 pm Syncretik: looks like a good start. I am surprised there aren't more Inhuman based ideas. Descriptor wise I don't even see need for the Tesseract - sometimes less is more - but both are good sources as power origins ala Daisy and Wanda.
The Tesseract link was the starting point for the character, hence the nature of his powers, but I incorporated the Inhuman gene as I'd forgotten about the Maximov twins deriving their powers from the Mind Stone, and I wanted a tangible reason as to why the experiments worked on Ronan when they didn't on so many others. On the flip side, I figured his powers were a bit beyond the scope of the Inhuman gene. I also kind of want to know what happens when a person whos powers were enabled by the Inhuman gene, but aren't an actual manifestation of it, comes into contact with Terragen dust :P

All of that said, now that you've reminded me about the Maximov twins, and directly implied that having his powers as just an expression of the Inhuman gene is a non-issue, I guess any of the three options work. For the time being though, since there is some question over the presence/nature of Inhumans in the game, I'm going to use the Maximov-style, Tesseract-only option; I can always change it later, it shouldn't take much effort.

I should have both the backstory and the character sheet up by the end of the day.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Concept/Background Reviews cont. (skipping Captain Chaos until getting to the second/updated submission)

Hero4Hire : Well hey, someone taking advantage of the Skrull exception on MCU aliens. Good pic (always helps) check. [Build comment, Beginner's Luck w/o taking any Luck Points kudos :) Kree and Xenophobia as Complication good. If you could please provide some background on how Jackson was raised and include information on mother. Doesnt have to be elaborate I but I would like to have potential hooks to tug/play with as game matures. Could go Daisy route to some degree also depending on how much rope you want to give me :twisted: Still some hooks for the rope though ;)

CaptainChaos : Well written and some good beats on the background. Doc was right. I have a idea for a small change that might tie thr character more tightly into the MCU. What do you think about using a smaller version of this?

T0DOSKER : I might ask to tweak it but I like the Rivalry. GM's always like toys to play with. Good background. I might add Adrenaline Junkie or Reckless as a Complication given the personality described.

EpicEclipse : Please explain
[ 9]Sword - Dreadfang (15 points, Easily Removeable -6pp)
-[ 7]Vicious Blade: Strength-based Damage 2, Breaking, Carrier(Corrupting Prana), Dangerous 4
-[ 8]Corrupting Prana: Broad Weaken Attributes 10, Activation 2(Standard Action), Uncontrollable
the terms Prana, Corrupting, Carrier, Breaking. Thank you.

PS: There will definitely be an Inhuman presence in the game.

I think I've taken a pass at all initial submission backgrounds? If I have missed someone please let me know.
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

I have only watched a few episodes of Agents of SHIELD but I'm guessing that's a Terrigen crystal? That could definitely work from what I read about them in a quick google search.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

StarGuard wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:41 pmEpicEclipse : Please explain
[ 9]Sword - Dreadfang (15 points, Easily Removeable -6pp)
-[ 7]Vicious Blade: Strength-based Damage 2, Breaking, Carrier(Corrupting Prana), Dangerous 4
-[ 8]Corrupting Prana: Broad Weaken Attributes 10, Activation 2(Standard Action), Uncontrollable
the terms Prana, Corrupting, Carrier, Breaking. Thank you.
Sure. Carrier and Breaking are used in the Gadget Guide which Thorp uses for his weapons in the Valkyrie build I was using as a baseline so I used them. Carrier is the Linked extra, and Breaking is the Enhanced Advantage for the Weapon Breaker advantage if I recall correctly.

Corrupting Prana is the name of the second power on the sword which the Vicious Blade is linked to, not a game mechanic itself.

Prana, in a simplified explanation, is life-force. Her sword can allow her to channel a corruption that weakens aspects of a person's life-force temporarily.
Camus

Post by Camus »

StarGuard wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:41 pm
I think I've taken a pass at all initial submission backgrounds? If I have missed someone please let me know.
Yep! I am only waiting on my followup question from last page.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Syncretik

Post by Syncretik »

PULSAR (Ronan Greenwood)
Role: Defensive Support/Ranged Damage Dealer
Group Affiliations: [SHIELD]

PL 8 (120)
STRENGTH 0 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 1 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 5 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Expertise: Physical Sciences 5 (+10)
Expertise: Life Sciences 1 (+6)
Insight 3 (+6)
Investigation 1 (+6)
Perception 3 (+6)
Persuasion 3 (+5)
Ranged Combat: Child of the Space Stone 5 (+6)
Technology 1 (+6)
Treatment 1 (+6)

Advantages:
Attractive 1, Languages 1 (French; Spanish), Untapped Potential

Powers:
Child of the Space Stone:
  • Energy-Matter Conversion: Create 10 (DC20; Increased Duration 1 [Continuous]; Innate; Selective; Impervious; Stationary; Subtle 1 [looks real])
  • Energy Projection: Blast 10 (Precise; Incurable; Smashing) linked to Affliction 10 [Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated] (Increased Range [Ranged]; Alternate Resistance [Dodge]); Affects Insubstantial 2; Dangerous 4
  • Spatial Manipulation: Move Object 8 (DC18; Increased Range 1 [Perception]; Burst Area 2; Selective; Increased Mass 5 [200 tons])
  • Spatial Folding: Teleport 9 (DC19; Burst Area 1; Accurate; Extended; Limited to Extended; Easy; Selective; Precise; Subtle 1; Distracting; Increased Mass 6 [3200lbs])
Subspace Manipulation: Flight 2 (8 miles/hour; 120ft./round)

Reconstitution: Regeneration 1

Offence:
Energy Projection: Blast 10 and Affliction 10, +6 (DC 25; 16-20), Spatial Manipulation: Area Move Object 8, (DC 18), Spatial Folding: Area Teleport 9, (DC 19), Energy-Matter Conversion, +6 (DC20), Unarmed, +1 (DC 10)
Initiative +0

Defences:
Dodge 4 (DC 14), Parry 4 (DC 14), Fort 6, Tou 5, Will 10

Complications:
On the Index.

Hatred: HYDRA. Probably doesn't need explaining.

Weakness: Fear effects. Ditto.

Motivation: Helping others to help himself. Ronan got into the heroing buisness in order to try and overwrite the bad memories of his time with HYDRA with good ones of helping people; his powers may have been created by evil, but he can use them for good.
- As things progress, and this starts to work/he settles into his role, I plan on transitioning this to Motivation: Thrills (powers are a serious wish-fulfillment for Ronan [details in the backstory]), and from there to Motivation: Doing Good as he embraces his role.

Total: Abilities: 30 / Skills: 11 / Advantages: 17 / Powers: 61 / Defenses: 15 (120)

The backstory is taking longer to put together than I expected, so I figured I might as well get this up before I head to bed, since it was pretty much done already (although even this has taken longer than planned, as I forgot to make the Create effect continuous, and so had to painfully squeeze out 10 points from elsewhere).

There's some stuff here that probably needs a bit of explanation - I'll get to it tomorrow.

One other thing @EpicEclipse: I may be misreading/interpreting something, but it looks like you've got two powers on the same array linked together, which isn't allowed.
Last edited by Syncretik on Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zero Prime

Post by Zero Prime »

Jaguar's history is starting to get a little long, still a couple other points I'll need to touch on. Obviously Scylla Pharmaceutical is a HYDRA facility, and I may bring in either John Garrett from AoS, or Rumlow, aka, Crossbones from Winter Soldier. After all he needed to recover from a Helicarrier landing on him, and Scylla could be a good proxy if we want to go that route.

I've dropped in a connection to Nova's dad, as the cop who pulled Tomas out of a potential gang life by being there for him after the shooting of his childhood friend. Any other links between characters that folks want to throw in would be pretty cool.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Zero Prime wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:56 pm After all he needed to recover from a Helicarrier landing on him, and Scylla could be a good proxy if we want to go that route.
You uh...you've seen Civil War, yeah? :P
T0DOSKER

Post by T0DOSKER »

T0DOSKER : I might ask to tweak it but I like the Rivalry. GM's always like toys to play with. Good background. I might add Adrenaline Junkie or Reckless as a Complication given the personality described.
Cool! I can definitely throw those complications on there.

Depending on the extent of the tweaks you want, I was also playing with someone that was dosed with Banner's blood that Sterns had stockpiled in TIH...if that intrigues you at all, that might be a better angle to come from.

Based on the comic idea of gamma radiation bringing out some repressed self/desire (Banner's Anger, the Leader becoming intelligent, She-Hulk being more liberated), I was thinking of an introverted, socially stunted college kid who's always just wanted to understand people and have them understand him. Real lonely dude.

Goes away to college to meet people and has actually started to hit it off with some people, has his first drink, and goes into anaphylactic shock. Desperate, his new friends bring him to Stern's lab and inject him with what they think is epinephrine.

Dosed with the gamma radiated blood of Bruce Banner, our social outcast is blessed with the green skin and some of the improved physique of the Hulk, but it also grants him an innate understanding of body language and social interaction as well as pheromones that cause the people around him to naturally trust him and gravitate to him.

So think, like, charismatic gamma-powered party face.
Shadowbourne

Post by Shadowbourne »

I am just checking back to see if you got enough information from what I posted on Aleister Crowley? I am off this week from work...lots of time to make changes and adjustments, if so needed.

Hero4Hire...wow, you showed me how to accomplish Mythik...however, in doing so though, I cannot get it at the PL for this game. Thanks for the epiphany.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Love it.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

StarGuard wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:41 pm Concept/Background Reviews cont. (skipping Captain Chaos until getting to the second/updated submission)

Hero4Hire : Well hey, someone taking advantage of the Skrull exception on MCU aliens. Good pic (always helps) check. [Build comment, Beginner's Luck w/o taking any Luck Points kudos :) Kree and Xenophobia as Complication good. If you could please provide some background on how Jackson was raised and include information on mother. Doesnt have to be elaborate I but I would like to have potential hooks to tug/play with as game matures. Could go Daisy route to some degree also depending on how much rope you want to give me :twisted: Still some hooks for the rope though ;)
I am back from "vacation". Will be working on this posthaste.