OOC: Marvel Cinema Universe 2.1 [Now Showing]

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Syncretik

Re: OOC: Marvel Cinema Universe 2.0 [Recruiting until 7/18/17]

Post by Syncretik »

I've gone ahead and added a bit about how Ronan was "outed"; I think it might be more interesting if the start of the game was when this happened, but since we don't what the nature of the start is going to be, this seems much simpler. I can always change things later if needs be.

Also removed the area modifiers from his Move Object and Teleport effects - originally I read the limitation on area modifiers as being for offensive powers only (although, technically both of these effects can and/or could have been used offensively, so I suppose it's was wrong either way).

I feel like I should add Dr. Hunter as a contact, but the way I've got things set up even one point would be hard to extract...

Edit: Added an appearance section. Now I just need to try and find an appropriate picture.
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

T0DOSKER wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:44 pm
Syncretik wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:22 pmBetter?
It's cool, I actually changed my submission to the Incredibly Handsome Hulk...
Hmmm. Big green guy with the last name "Sinclair".

Seems vaguely familiar somehow....
T0DOSKER

Post by T0DOSKER »

Hero4hire wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:07 am
T0DOSKER wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:44 pm
Syncretik wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:22 pmBetter?
It's cool, I actually changed my submission to the Incredibly Handsome Hulk...
Hmmm. Big green guy with the last name "Sinclair".

Seems vaguely familiar somehow....
I legitimately have no idea what you mean...what did I do?
MissRo

Post by MissRo »

T0DOSKER wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:38 amI legitimately have no idea what you mean...what did I do?
This is what he's talking about.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

I apologize for not getting the Special Report or any Build comments out this weekend. Changes at work and some very positive RL events have consumed my time this week. I will follow through on that promise before I go on vacation.

I want to add another layer of story to the campaign so I've also decided to tweak how the Inhumans are going to be used (thus the Special Report). I don't like the Agents of SHIELD approach and the comic book background is too convoluted for our MCU purposes. I'll be shooting for something akin to but not exactly of the Marvel's Inhumans trailer ... should be ready on Wednesday latest.

BTW: Syncretik, speaking of the Inhumans, you may or may not want to change Ronan's name :twisted:
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

StarGuard wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:30 am I apologize for not getting the Special Report or any Build comments out this weekend. Changes at work and some very positive RL events have consumed my time this week. I will follow through on that promise before I go on vacation.
S'all good, the unexpected happens at all occasions to mess up one's plans. We'll still be around. :D
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Yeah, I mentioned somewhere else, that I'm surprised most any of the games have any traction during summer. Vacations and such. ;)
Tomorrow

Re: OOC: Marvel Cinema Universe 2.0 [Recruiting]

Post by Tomorrow »

StarGuard wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:26 am I'm trying to decide whether or not the television show Inhumans is actually going to be a thing and if so how to incorporate it into this game ... or not.

If it is as it appears to be ... outside the Agents of SHIELD universe ... that creates ... game Complications.

In every sense of the word ;)
I believe "Inhumans" is set in the same MCU as Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., its just the Inhumans of "Inhumans" have been chilling on the Moon until the upcoming series, presumably since the time of the whole Hive situation with the Kree.
T0DOSKER

Post by T0DOSKER »

MissRo wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:46 am
T0DOSKER wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:38 amI legitimately have no idea what you mean...what did I do?
Ah man, I never really watched that show but I have heard of it! Had no idea they were the Sinclair family...I would have loved it as a kid, dinosaurs were my jam.

Thanks Miss Ro!
Syncretik

Post by Syncretik »

StarGuard wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:30 am I want to add another layer of story to the campaign so I've also decided to tweak how the Inhumans are going to be used (thus the Special Report). I don't like the Agents of SHIELD approach and the comic book background is too convoluted for our MCU purposes. I'll be shooting for something akin to but not exactly of the Marvel's Inhumans trailer ... should be ready on Wednesday latest.
So Inhumans are moon people? That could complicate my background...
StarGuard wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:30 am BTW: Syncretik, speaking of the Inhumans, you may or may not want to change Ronan's name :twisted:
Is there some big bad Inhuman with that name? The only MCU 'Ronan' I know of is the big purple man-child from Guardians, and he isn't going to be bothering anybody :P

Edit: checked the Marvel wiki - looks like Ronan 'The Accuser' enslaved the moon-based Inhumans at some point, so they're probably not a fan of the name. If that's what you're referring to, StarGuard, I think I'll keep the name. It could make for an interesting first encounter with any Attilians we run across :P
Last edited by Syncretik on Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

T0DOSKER wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:20 am
Ah man, I never really watched that show but I have heard of it! Had no idea they were the Sinclair family...I would have loved it as a kid, dinosaurs were my jam.

Thanks Miss Ro!
Actually it is that my character is a Big Green Guy with the last name Sinclair.
T0DOSKER

Post by T0DOSKER »

Hero4hire wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:17 pm

Thanks Miss Ro!
Actually it is that my character is a Big Green Guy with the last name Sinclair.
Well shit...thank God for find and replace. I think I'll change it to...Jackson!
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

T0DOSKER wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:28 pm
Hero4hire wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:17 pm

Thanks Miss Ro!
Well shit...thank God for find and replace. I think I'll change it to...Jackson!

LOLOL! Cute!
Tomorrow

Post by Tomorrow »

Syncretik wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:47 pm Edit: checked the Marvel wiki - looks like Ronan 'The Accuser' enslaved the moon-based Inhumans at some point, so they're probably not a fan of the name. If that's what you're referring to, StarGuard, I think I'll keep the name. It could make for an interesting first encounter with any Attilians we run across :P
He also goes on to marry the cute blonde Inhuman princess later.

Though, you know, in MCU continuity... both of her would-be comic book husbands (Quicksilver and Ronan) are already dead. Crystal is the most efficient black widow ever.
T0DOSKER

Post by T0DOSKER »

Upon realizing that we also already had a Tom in the group as well (albeit a Tomas), I changed his name entirely.
Last edited by T0DOSKER on Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.