Welcome to Freedom City (M&M 3e; PL10/150pp)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Camus

Re: Recruiting: Welcome to Freedom City (M&M 3e; PL10/150pp)

Post by Camus »

For when peace is not the option XD
Nah, his healing is quite bad as you say, but he is focused on protection and debuffing, that's why I mentioned it.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Camus wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:51 pm For when peace is not the option XD
Nah, his healing is quite bad as you say, but he is focused on protection and debuffing, that's why I mentioned it.
Based on what I am seeing in my head, I think if both characters made it in, they would make a very effective combo rather than feel like they overlap. The ONLY thing on your sheet that is an interesting overlapping coincidence is the create limited to hollow spheres, lol. I was creating (no pun intended) a power that had a similar effect to create a protected "operating room" sort of deal which obviously could be used defensively as well
Camus

Post by Camus »

EpicEclipse wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:00 pm
Camus wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:51 pm For when peace is not the option XD
Based on what I am seeing in my head, I think if both characters made it in, they would make a very effective combo rather than feel like they overlap. The ONLY thing on your sheet that is an interesting overlapping coincidence is the create limited to hollow spheres, lol. I was creating (no pun intended) a power that had a similar effect to create a protected "operating room" sort of deal which obviously could be used defensively as well
That is very true. So if Sanzo provides the "protection", your character could focus the points in something else to aid in his healing/buffing. I like the idea of the combo.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Seems like you have a better head on whacta wanna do then me, so I'll see about what else I can come up with. Maybe I'll go with that arcane character idea I had...
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

I'm guessing that Impervious has a PL limit?

Assuming that it would be over the top using 2e rules to have a Impervious 15 in a PL 10 game

By the way thanks I love Kirby's Eternals and New Gods as much as I did Thomas's Invaders and JSA ... so yeah ... choices ;)
Shadowbourne

Post by Shadowbourne »

Nationality/Ethnicity: Ukrainian
Height: 5'11”
Weight: 167lbs.
Eyes: Featureless pools of Black
Hair: Black with white streak
PL: 10/ PP: 150

Abilities 32pp
Strength 0, Stamina 2, Agility 6, Dexterity 2, Fighting 4, Intellect 0, Awareness 2, Presence 0

Umbral Transmigration
56pp
Shadowflow[Insubstantial 4: Shadow(Light Vulnerability). Visual Concealment 4, Darkness/Shadows Only w/Hide in Plain Sight. Movement 3: Slither and Wall Crawling 2]34pp
  • Umbral Echoes[Accurate Teleportation 1(60ft) w/Change Direction, Subtle 2 and Turnabout linked to Visual Concealment 4, Darkness/Shadows Only with Hide in Plain Sight linked to Visual Illusion 4: Self Image Only w/Deception 12 and Redirection]
    Umbral Undertow[Ranged Teleportation Attack 1(60ft) w/Accurate 4, Change Direction, Increased DC9, Increased Mass 3, and Turnabout linked to Damage 10 w/Variable Descriptor(Collisions/Impacts)]
    Switchshadows[ Ranged Teleportation Attack 1(60ft) w/Accurate 4, Change Direction, Increased DC9, and Turnabout linked to Teleportation 1(60ft) w/Change Direction and Turnabout. Umbral Ambush(Damage +4 to ShadowBoxxing )]
Powerstunts
  • Oubliette[Dimensional Movement Attack 1(Schattenwelt) w/Accurate 3 and Increased DC9: Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Will]
    Shadowshunt[Reflective Redirection Deflection 10]

Shadowstride[Leap 2, Movement 3: Safe Fall, Sure Footed, and Trackless] 11pp
  • Shadowslide[Teleportation 2(120ft) w/Change Direction, Subtle 2 and Turnabout]
    Shadowtag[Speed 8: Requires Shadowflow Active w/Feature 2: Tether w/Option]
    Underpath[Dimensional Movement 1 w/Portal: Schattenwelt]
ShadowBoxxing(Damage 4 w/Accurate 4) 8pp
Umbrial[Immunity 1: Suffocation(Shadowflow). Senses 2: Darkvision] 3pp

Advantages 16pp
Agile Feint, Defensive Roll 6, Evasion 2, Extraordinary Effort, Language 2(English Base, Ukraine, Russian), Move-By Action, Takedown, Uncanny Dodge, Up the Wall

Skills 17pp
Acrobatics 6(12), Athletics 4(4),Deception 2(2/14), Expertise: Streetwise 6(6), Perception 4(6), Sleight of Hand 4(6), Stealth 8(14)

Offense

Initiative +6
ShadowBoxxing +12 DC19
Umbral Undertow +10 DC25
Switchshadows(w/Umbral Ambush) +10 vs Dodge/+12 DC23

Defense 29pp
Dodge 12, Parry 12
Toughness 8/2 without Defensive Roll
Fortitude 4
Will 5

Abilities: 32 + Powers: 56 +Advantages: 18 + Skills: 17 + Defense: 29 = 150 PP

Complications:

Blinded by the Light: All light sources are treated one step brighter/stronger by Anton. Dark is dim, dim is lit, lit is bright, bright is blinding, blinding is searing(damaging), searing is critical damage.
Errant Shadow: Due to his link to his intrinsic link with the Schattenwelt, Anton's shadow has gained independent mobility. It can now move without any influence from him, it can move away from him or even display actions that reveal Anton's inner feelings.. In addition, the shadow now has a sleeker, more inhuman look, it's shape having feline and reptilian influences within it's natural humanoid form.

The Rise...

Anton Jakova, his life would have been one of wonder, even without the incident. That is because Anton lived in a city where miracles happened every day...where monsters did dwell...where the very Gods tread upon the Earth. Anton lived in Freedom City. And life for him was wonderful. Every day he saw something new and something terrifying. Every day, he would look for and seek out this wondrous experiences. And, in order to do this, Anton did the only job that allowed him to move about, to chase the glimpses of the extraordinary...Anton became a Bike Courier.

Then the incident happened. At least that is what Anton calls it. It started as a simple job, deliver a a package to the Hunter Museum of Natural History. A relatively small package, a quick an easy job. And like all of his other days, Anton inevitably came across a clash between what he dubbed the New Gods, a Hero and Villain in open conflict. Like so many others, Anton couldn't help but stare as the two, Eldrich and Malador, fought in the sky...hurling bolts of mystic energy like Zeus hurling lightning bolts.

He never saw the blast that hit him. Even if he had, he would have never had a chance. All he knows is that one second, he was watching with Masters of the Mystical fight, the next he was enveloped by complete darkness. He didn't see the bolt of darkness hurled by Malador devour his form, nor did he see the package erupt in a cloud of glittering particles. All he knew was darkness.

The reality of the situation was that all that was left of Anton Jakova was a shadow burned into a wall. A shadow that many ignored in the clean up. Just a tragic accident that happened during an unfortunate incident. A reminder to all that even if the heroes win, someone always pays. That innocents almost always paid that price.

Then...then the shadow moved. It moved, it grew, it became...

Anton is not sure how long he was in the unending pool of darkness. Time had a different meaning there. It felt like forever...then again, it also felt like just a few seconds. He stood there for a few heartbeats, breathing heavily. It had felt like he hadn't breathed for a lifetime, and air felt so good...so sweet. He stood there and just breathed. Then, turning his head left and right, Anton looked for his bike, looked for the package. He turned and found a shadow of a bike, forever part of the wall...his bike, forever part of the wall.

As his eyes grew wide and the truth of the matter dawned upon him, Anton looked down at himself. He watched as he reached out to the wall...as that same hand flowed like liquid, transforming into nothing more than a shadow. A shadow that he controlled, that moved as he did, a shadow that was himself.

He came to freedom City to see his new Gods. He lived in Freedom City to be among those new Gods. Now? Now it was all different. Now he was one of those New Gods. Now he was terrified. Because now, now it was his turn to make mistakes that affected everyone.
Last edited by Shadowbourne on Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:32 am, edited 4 times in total.
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

StarGuard wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:34 pm I'm guessing that Impervious has a PL limit?

Assuming that it would be over the top using 2e rules to have a Impervious 15 in a PL 10 game

By the way thanks I love Kirby's Eternals and New Gods as much as I did Thomas's Invaders and JSA ... so yeah ... choices ;)

No hard and fast rule. BUT I would look hard at a character who had Impervious 15. Is it necessary for the concept? Is it his main schtick?
I have a million ways to challenge a nigh-invulnerable to damage character. However, if it is an Invulnerable "I can do everything" character. NEXT!
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

Shadowbourne wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:50 pm Image
You certainly know what you like Sir! :)
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

I haven't crunched numbers yet. But I would like to keep the Massive Move Object 28 as a Power Stunt and not just a readily available alt power.
Also for reasons that will become somewhat obvious during gameplay; I am nixing the Solo Takashi. I would probably allow the Hacker Benefit for just that "Hacking" and not +5 to all electronics and computer rolls? I am going to think on that however.
kenmadragon wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:17 pm Preliminary character sheet and complications while I'm still writing everything out. Need to make the edits to some stuff to fit the setting from the last game I tried submitting Caelus for. Basically just putting this up here so y'all know where my head's at with this character.

Caelus

Abilities: 44
Strength 1, Stamina 3, Agility 3, Dexterity 3, Fighting 3, Intellect 2, Awareness 5, Presence 2

Skills: 15
Acrobatics 2 (+5), Expertise: Popular Culture 3 (+5), Insight 4 (+9), Perception 4 (+9), Ranged Combat: Psionics 7 (+10), Technology 10 (+12)

Advantages: 5
Benefit (l337 h4x0r s|<177z), Eidetic Memory, Extraordinary Effort, Luck, Inventor

Presence Bonus: Animal Empathy, Attractive

Powers: 64
Psychic: Senses 1 (Mental Awareness)
Psionic Levitation: Flight 1
Telekinetic Field: Protection 9
Psionic Power (37 Point Dynamic Array)
. Telekinesis: Move Object 16 [extras: Damaging (10 ranks); flaws: Limited to Lifting (6 ranks only); feats: Dynamic, Precise]
. . DAE: Telepathy: Mind Reading 10 Linked: Communication 4 (Mental) [feats: Dynamic, Subtle]
. . DAE: Force Fields: Create 10 (Force Objects) [extras: Impervious (6 ranks), Movable, Stationary; feats: Dynamic, Precise]
. . DAE: Telekinetic Flight: Enhanced Flight 12 [feats: Dynamic]
. . DAE: Moment of Serenity: Move Object 28 [flaws: Limited to Lifting (12 ranks only); feats: Dynamic, Precise]
. . DAE: Telekinetic Blast: Damage 10 [extras: Ranged; feats: Dynamic]

Defenses: 22
Toughness 3/12, Dodge 8, Parry 8, Fortitude 7, Willpower 13

Abilities 44 + Skills 15 + Advantages 5 + Powers 64 + Defenses 22 = 120 PP

Notes:
Benefit (l33t h4x0r s|<177z): Provides a +5 bonus to Technology when dealing with Electronics and Computers and the like. For those who don't know leetspeak (of which I am really out of practice), the name translates to "elite hacker skills". Essentially, it lets him pull stuff like Largo from Megatokyo

Complications:
Motivation - It's Fun To Be The Good Guy If the world is a stage, then Caelus is definitely a protagonist - not an antagonist. And given his love of superheroes, Caelus is definitely gonna be a heroic protagonist. That, and his mom would kill him if he was a bad guy.
Enemy - Lady Lunar Given that Lincoln's part-alien royalty from the lunar metropolis of Farside City, he is likely to be lumped with the Atom Family as possible-impediments to the throne of Farside City. Good thing she's still locked up on the other side of the moon, no longer possess the Moonstone, and hasn't heard of Lincoln. Yet.
Quirk - A Geek Lincoln is a geek. And a nerd. Normally, this is of no real interest to anyone. But since he's on a reality show, he's the stereotypical Geek/Nerd of the group. Doesn't help that Lincoln speaks l33t It's cast calculus... and it somehow works. (I know it's not a real complication, but felt like mentioning it).
Relationship - The Atom Family Lincoln's grandfather was a Farside royal like Mentac - the father of the current Atom Family. So, Lincoln is indeed related to the Atom Family. He is on speaking terms with them, though Jack Wolf doesn't seem to like him very much. Chase and Lincoln get along famously - they both play rpgs.
Relationship - Solo Takashi After a fight at Gen-Con, Caelus and Doc Otaku have actually become friends. It isn't public knowledge, but despite the video that made Caelus somewhat famous, the two are not enemies. In fact, since the fight they've actually been playing friendly matches of various video games via the internet.
Secret - Identity Caelus is actually Windsor Heathcliff Fletcher. Yes, really. That's his real name. Yes, he was picked on a lot. "Lincoln" is the nickname he's gone by since elementary school, and the one he tells everyone to call him by. Had he been born on Farside, however, Jericho's records indicate he would have been named "Caelus".

Background:
Many years ago, on the dark side of the Moon, there was a city. Farside City. And it's leaders were being slaughtered by a threat from within. The royal-born yet "mind blind" daughter of the Farside throne had stolen the city's treasured Moonstone to trigger her latent psionic powers. Turning upon her family, Selene began her reign of terror with the slaughter of the royal blood-line. Not only regicide, but familicide.

Many of the older and more powerful royals fought back against the coup, in an attempt to stave off this unforeseen threat. Among them was Jericho, brother to the King. A powerful mentat, Prince Jericho tried to buy his family some time to escape the slaughter, for Selene was ruthless and would show no mercy to neither woman nor child. Ten minutes, Prince Jericho held off the traitor, but even he was no match for the might of the Moonstone in the end. Selene would psychically disintegrate Prince Jericho as the last of his strength fled his body, leaving naught but dust where he once stood. Selene would eventually catch up with the fleeing royals, and have them all executed, installing herself as Lady Lunar - ruler of Farside City. But Prince Jericho's sacrifice had guaranteed the safety of at least one innocent life. Prince Mentac, Jericho's youngest nephew, had been bought enough time to be launched to the safety of Earth.

Some would think that the end of Prince Jericho. But Fate had other ideas. As his body was destroyed, Jericho's mind psychically escaped to the astral plane, where it was trapped - devoid of it's mortal tether. The shattered remains of a psyche, Jericho's astral self would drift the astral plane, attempting to find a way back home. Or at least, a body that no one would mind if he claimed. But as many scholars would note, the passage of time is not so much a linear path as an ocean. And when Jericho found a suitable host, it was not when he expected. Nor who he had expected.

A young man stood on the edge of the Golden Gate Bridge, teetering over the edge. Nathaniel J. Fletcher, aged 26. His parents had died three years ago in a car crash on this bridge. Now, his girlfriend had left him for his best friend. His boss had just fired him from his job. Debtors were hounding him for money. And his doctor just told him that he was the victim of a terminal illness. He didn't have the money to fight to live, nor did he have the will to keep going. Nathaniel Fletcher took his own life on that bridge, and in the moment that his soul fled his body, Prince Jericho of Farside saw his opportunity. Lifeless, but not quite dead, the body was taken over by the psychic entity that remained of Jericho, and in the transition over-wrote the body's genetics to fit that of the Farside royal. A transformation that defied conventional thinking eradicated a terminal illness, and morphed into something nearly unique. Nathaniel Fletcher died that October night, and from the waters, a new man arose.

Emerging from the waters of San Francisco Bay, Jericho took measure of his surroundings. The mid-1900s. San Francisco. California. United States of America. Earth. He had ended up decades before his destruction at the hands of Selene, stranded on Earth, powers diminished by the ordeal of returning from the dead the way he had. He couldn't go home.

So, Jericho made do. Taking on the life of the dead Nathaniel Fletcher, Prince Jericho got a job and used the savvy of a royal to make his way up the ladder of the business world. Out of debt, and with a head suited for leadership and management, Jericho did very well for himself. Eventually, he would fall in love with an Earthling (something the royal in him would have thought impossible, before), and get married. He would have a son, a wife he loved, a job he excelled at, and a life he was content with. His son would grow up, and make a family of his own, giving him a grandson and a legacy. Farside City seemed like almost a distant memory.

Upon his death-bed, he created a crystal, within which he used Farside/Ancient-Preserver technology to create a digital archive of his story, his thoughts and his memories. So that when he finally died of natural causes, and if any of his earthly descendants developed the mental powers the royal blood of Farside City possessed, they would understand why they had their abilities, and what to do with them.

WORK IN PROGRESS - TO BE CONTINUED
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

What are the descriptors for his Bio-Dimension Stabilizer in aiding his Accuracy with attacking? (Enhanced Traits).
Ranged Touch = Tremorsense and "Spatial Awareness" uses Mental Sense according to my Power Profiles. It doesn't really matter to me, as Ranged touch by any other name still follows the same rules. But just wanted to clarify.
Zero Prime wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:36 am A work in progress ... Battalion.
Battalion - PL 10

Strength 2, Stamina 4, Agility 2, Dexterity 0, Fighting 6, Intellect 0, Awareness 4, Presence 4

Advantages
Defensive Roll 2, Fearless, Improved Initiative, Luck 2, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6, Second Chance: Mental Control

Skills
Athletics 8 (+10), Close Combat: Combat Training 6 (+12), Expertise: Current Events 5 (+5), Expertise: Tactics 5 (+5), Insight 6 (+10), Perception 6 (+10), Persuasion 6 (+10)

Powers
Dimensional Stabilizer & Bio Regulator (Removable)
. . Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 8 (Advantages: Accurate Attack, Improved Aim, Improved Disarm, Improved Smash, Precise Attack (Ranged, Concealment), Precise Attack (Ranged, Cover), Takedown 2)
. . Protection: Protection 3 (+3 Toughness)
Perfect Spatial Awareness: Senses 2 (Acute: Tactile, Ranged: Tactile, Advantages: Uncanny Dodge)
Raw Dimensional Energies: Damage 14 (DC 29; Increased Range: ranged)
. . Destructive Dimensional Energies: Weaken 14 (Alternate; Affects: Toughness, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 24; Affects Objects Only, Increased Range: ranged)
. . Directed Dimensional Energies: Damage 8 (Alternate; DC 23; Accurate 3: +6, Increased Range: ranged, Multiattack)
Trained Athlete: Speed 1 (Speed: 4 miles/hour, 60 feet/round)
Trained Combatant: Strength-based Damage 2 (DC 19)

Offense
Initiative +6
Destructive Dimensional Energies: Weaken 14, +6 (DC Fort 24)
Directed Dimensional Energies: Damage 8, +12 (DC 23)
Grab, +6 (DC Spec 12)
Raw Dimensional Energies: Damage 14, +6 (DC 29)
Throw, +6 (DC 17)
Trained Combatant: Strength-based Damage 2, +12 (DC 19)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 17)

Languages
English [Native]

Defense
Dodge 11, Parry 11, Fortitude 9, Toughness 9/7, Will 11

Power Points
Abilities 44 + Powers 45 + Advantages 14 + Skills 21 (42 ranks) + Defenses 26 = 150
Complications:

Accident: Dimensional Bleed: Prolonged use of Cameron's dimensional energies can result in a weakening of the barrier between our dimension and the Terminus. As such he tries to control his output so as not to cause a rift which would allow Omega and his drones direct access to Freedom City yet again.

Disability: Blind: Cameron's eyes are apertures to the Terminus, an other dimensional realm which doesn't conform to our own physics of space and time; when first discovering his powers, these destructive energies permanently damaged his eyesight, rendering him blind. He is intimately aware of the non-euclidean nature of Terminus space, and is able to identify and interpret data giving him a perfect sense of spatial awareness. However, he still struggles with certain day-to-day aspects of life which rely heavily on eyesight, reading print media, or text on any sort of electronic device, identifying color, or any number of situations requiring actual visual input.

Prejudice: Child of the Terminus: When Cameron's powers initially erupted, he caused significant damage to himself, and to the school he was attending, and those events are a matter of public record. While he strives to maintain a distinction between his civilian identity and the heroic identity he forged during his time at Claremont, anyone moderately familiar with Google, who has a little time and patience can deduce his birth name, family, relatives and residence. A cause of some concern to Cameron, as his powers connection to the Terminus cause more than a little fear and prejudice in his fellow citizens.

Motivation: Responsibility: Cameron is fully aware of the nature of his abilities, and has suffered some prejudice in his life due to his connection to the Terminus. However, with the aid of staff, and faculty at the Academy he has come into his own, resolving to use his abilities as a bastion against the very source of those self same powers, the Terminus. He is committed to acting as a hero, and using his abilities to serve and protect his fellow man, despite their actions, which are, at times, motivated by fear and hate.

Power Loss: Distracting Focus: When Cameron's abilities first developed, they caused massive internal damage to himself, and significant damage to his immediate surroundings. He has since learned to control his abilities, however without his Bio-regulator, any use of his Dimensional Energies requires Cameron to maintain very strict concentration, or he can lose control of his abilities. In effect, his blasts are *all* considered Distracting if deprived of his Dimensional Stabilizer & Bio-regulator.
Still have to pick PRE-based Advantages, likely Leadership, Status: AEGIS Clearance, Connected & Well Informed. Question though, any chance we could use Luck like the 2E version, so it's full HP's and could fuel Leadership? If not, it's no biggie, just curious. ;)

Sorry ... I love the image of eye beam blasters ... so I coupled that with the idea that your eyesight may be damaged by firing out blasts strong enough to level mountains. So I went with spatial awareness based off of the tactile sense, you can feel objects & movement around you. Tactile is base radius, and accurate, so by adding acute & ranged he can sense individuals by their spatial dimensions, but he'd be blocked by things he can't feel through. Flying over his head? Sure, it's just air ... but put him in a car with the windows up, he'd only be able to accurately judge objects & people within the car, not it's exterior as it is blocked by a physical object (ie. windows). So the blindness could certainly come up as a complication.

The Dimensional Bleed, I didn't have time to extrapolate, but it doesn't need to be Omega Drones or such coming through, it could mess with gravity, time, maybe disrupt communications, suck people into the Terminus, or shunt them to some other physical location on our dimension. So this is a complication that would likely only occur when he uses Extra Effort on his Blast array, but it is something I would leave up to the GM to invoke so it doesn't de-rail the scenario.

I'll look for an appropriate image this evening, but any thoughts or comments would be welcome.
Last edited by Hero4hire on Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Here is what I am working with.
T0DOSKER

Post by T0DOSKER »

Hey there! Here's my concept for this one. I'm going with an Atlantean spy in Freedom City that has taken to vigilante activities to defend the people of the surface from the crime that runs rampant there. He's got a nice little sea-side shack in the docks that secretly connects to an underwater headquarters. It's supposed to be a monitoring station, but he's re-porpoised it. I'll add in the bio and complications eventually!

Side note, WHERE do you people find all this amazing character art?!
Fontus, aka Pierce Murphy
PL: 10 (150 pp)

ABILITIES: 76pp
STRENGTH 6, STAMINA 10, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: 30pp
Acrobatics 4 (+10), Athletics 4 (+10), Close Combat: Unarmed 4 (+14), Deception 4 (+8), Expertise: Spy 6 (+8), Expertise: Streetwise 4 (+6), Insight 6 (+8), Intimidation 4 (+8), Investigation 8 (+10), Perception 6 (+8), Sleight of Hand 4 (+4), Stealth 4 (+10), Technology 4 (+6)

ADVANTAGES: 15pp
Benefit (Alternate Identity): Pierce Murphy
Defensive Attack
Eidetic Memory
Equipment 2 (10ep)
Hide in Plain Sight
Improved Initiative
Jack-of-all-trades
Power Attack
Takedown
Tracking

PRESENCE ADVANTAGES: Contacts, Languages 2 (Atlantean, English, Spanish), Well-informed

EQUIPMENT: 10ep
Headquarters:
- Communications
- Computer
- Concealed 1
- Defense System
- Isolated
- Laboratory
- Library
- Living Space
- Power System
- Security System 1

POWERS: 21pp
Atlantean Physiology: 21 pts
- Enhanced Stamina 2
- Immunity 3 (Cold, Pressure, Drowning)
- Leaping 4
- Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation: Aquatic)
- Senses 1 (Low-light vision)
- Swimming 6

OFFENSE:
Initiative +10
Unarmed +14 (DC 21)

DEFENSES: 12pp
Dodge +10 (DC 20) Parry +10 (DC 16)
Toughness +10, Fortitude +10, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:

Abilities 76 + Skills 30 (60 ranks) + Advantages 15 + Powers 21 + Defenses 12 = 150 / 150
Last edited by T0DOSKER on Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

I like the idea of a massively big speedster. Growth 2 is MASSIVE for a normal person. Over 7 feet and weighing 401-800 pounds. Andre the Giant, Big Show, BIG!

Which with a 4 strength and stamina almost makes him seem like a weakling in comic book terms. Skilled heroes routinely have that (or rarely a little more) I don't see a rules problem with it. But it weirds me out. Maybe if he WAS as skinny as the picture but over 7 foot? But that does not jive with being a football player background.

I'd personally love to see him in that "just superhuman" range of a 6 STR/STA.
JudgeA wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:16 am Image
^That, but beefier^

Name: Dave Murdock
Alias: Bullet Train

ABILITIES
STR: 4 (2) STA: 4 (2) AGI: 3 DEX: 0
FGT: 3 INT: 2 AWE: 4 PRE: 2

POWERS
Big Guy: Growth 2 (+2 STR and STA, +1 Intimidate, +2 Mass Ranks, -2 Stealth, -1 Dodge and Parry), Permanent, Innate - 5 Points

Bullet Train: Super Speed 13; Immunity 1 (Own Slam Damage); Movement 3 (Wallcrawling 2, Water Walking), Limited to While Moving - 43 Points

Too Fast to Follow: Enhanced Defenses 22 (Dodge 11, Parry 11), Enhanced Advantage 2 (Defensive Roll 2) - 24 Points

Rapid Punches: Strength-Based Multiattack Damage 1, Accurate 4 (+14) - 10 Points
AE: Different Rapid Punches: Selective Burst Area Strength-Based Damage, Increased DC 2 - 1 Point

SKILLS
Acrobatics 4 (+7), Athletics 8 (+12), Intimidate 8 (+11), Perception 4 (+8)

ADVANTAGES
Close Attack 3 (+6), Evasion, Instant-Up, Move-By Action, Teamwork

Presence Advantages: Set-Up, Daze (Intimidate)

DEFENSES
Dodge: 14
Parry: 14
Tough: 6/4
Fort: 10
Will: 10

OFFENSES
Init: +56
Unarmed +6 Close Damage 4 (DC19)
Slam Attack +6 Close Damage 13 (DC28)
Rapid Punches +14 Multiattack Close Damage 5 (DC20)
Different Rapid Punches Selective Burst Area Damage 4 (Dodge DC 16, DC19)

POWER POINTS
Abilities: 36
Powers: 83
Skills: 12
Advantages: 7
Defenses: 12
Total: 150/150

COMPLICATIONS
Motivation - Thrills: He moved to Freedom City one part for the football team, and one part for the excitement. Now that he's got this Super Speed, and not a lot else to do, he's more than happy with using it to fight crime, just like the greats.

Family: His parents live on the other side of the country, but they can still be targeted by particularly spiteful enemies. They may also come by for a visit to make that a more viable option for less spiteful enemies.

Guilt: He lives with a lot of guilt about his origin story. Getting his powers from a drug, discovering they were permanent when he sprinted across the nation in 15 minutes to punch out his best friend to stop a school shooting. A lot of bad choices lead to where he is now, and people could easily break his spirit if they knew. So he lies about his origin.

Stamina Powered (Power Loss): While the life-burning side-effects of Zoom are gone, his power still eats stamina. While he's Fatigued, his speed ranks are halved (rounding down), and while he's Exhausted, his powers won't activate at all.

Backstory: He was good, maybe even great. A world of potential rested before him, he was moving while the world stood still. That was how his peers saw him. Throughout his gradeschool years, Dave was a pretty reknown individual, standing head and shoulders above his fellow gradeschoolers. He was an early bloomer in the best sense, which lead him to be feared as a freak, standing at a whopping 5'7" before leaving fifth grade. Some of his best friends were simply other freaks, one super smart bald kid, one spunky foreign kid, some trailer trash kid who always smelled like a wet possum. But one of this other friends, probably the guy he called his best friend, was just a guy.

Andre Conway was probably the most typical kid you'd ever meet, you couldn't pick him out of a crowd without marking him with a stamp of some sort. Nothing about him really stood out, except for the fact that he hung out with the tall guy. He had dreams though, dreams like any other person. Since a young age, both Andre and Dave were fans of American Football, one of the most hyped sports amongst the male population of the United States. They often shared their fantasies of being on the field, and played catch, sometimes touch football when they could gather enough friends when they were young.

When they were in middle school, they finally had the opportunity to start living their dream. Of course, when Dave showed up to try outs, he was let in almost without having to show them that he could run pretty swiftly for a kid his size. Andre, the smaller of the two, managed to get in on his first try as well, all that practice with the big guy paid off. A couple of linebackers in their element, as long as they were playing, their team pretty much wiped the opponents, they went to the middle school nationals, and lost because of something fishy. See, one of the opponents on the opposing team was a superhuman, someone who used their powers to cheat even at their young age.

Judging by their memories of the event he must have been some kind of gravity manipulator or telekinetic, but he was incredibly subtle about it, and because of this, the team with the linebackers known as the "Double Dragons" was soundly defeated. Despite their loss, they were unfettered, it only made their drive stonger. It happened again the following year, the same kid, the same invisble powers that let him push aside people twice his weight like they were a revolving door. The second time was unforgivable; It was one thing to steal the dreams from more deserving kids once, it was another thing entirely to continue doing so as if nothing is wrong.

Dave decided that his only possible course of action was to train harder. He was determined to become the best, better than a superhuman. Meanwhile his friend seemed to grow more distant, he appeared to have given up on his dreams. After a pep talk from Dave, Andre responded with, "I've got an idea. Don't worry about me too much." The way he phrased it unnerved the tall kid, who was now a towering 6'3" tall, but his genuine smile was reassuring as well. Dave let it go, and continued his fierce workouts.

Indeed the 8th grade championships came around, and the Double Dragons were in them, along with those other guys who were carried by their superpowered freak of a running-back. Dave was now intimidatingly muscular, while Andre... stayed roughly the same. In the first half of the game, Dave attempted to prove that all he needed to take the trophy home this time was a great deal of training and hard work. He pushed himself to the breaking point, and managed to pull off two touchdowns by altogether juking the superkid and sprinting like the wind to the end zone. It was the best he could do while also attempting to prevent the superkid from getting the ball, walling him off with his size. Unfortunately, the best he could do was tie the game up.

Andre was warming the bench for that game, plotting something. In the second half, he stepped onto the turf for about a single down's worth of playtime. In this time he would immediately go after the superhuman running back. Not many people caught it, since Andre was pretty hard to pick out of a crowd, but at the very last second, Andre would gain a tremendous burst of speed over a couple of feet, and sacked the kid viciously. In an ordinary case, Andre might have winded the kid and gave him whiplash. In this instance, however, he shattered four of his ribs, and the whiplash gave him a serious concussion.

While he was called off the field for the rest of the game as a penalty, Andre left smiling rather deviously. Without their running back, Dave almost single-handedly won the rest of the match. This event was what carried him through the rest of his career, through high school. Andre moved after middle school ended and they never saw eachother again. Dave was a reknown player, strong, tough, could lift three of his peers with one flexed arms, a towering example of the male genotype, 6'8" by Senior year.

Then he moved on to college, on a football scholarship. His reputation preceded him, but he only had one place in mind, the best possibly place for him in his opinion, and they wanted him just as much as he wanted them. Freedom College held one of the most prestigious football teams in the United States, as well as being located in one of the most exciting areas in the nation. Alien Invasions, flying supermen, technology beyond his wildest imagination! Indeed, Freedom City was his holy land throughout his youth, his goal, the land he would call his home.

It was here that he would meet his friend Andre Conway once again, and of course they hit it off like old times. As if by fate, they were assigned as roommates in the dorms, and they lived it up like old times. Dave never thought to ask about that time in middle school where his friend almost killed another kid with the force of his tackle alone. It never came up either. Year after year they were competing against the best of the best, but it was never a superhuman toying around with the hard work of mere humans. Until recently that is... Their team was crushed by another superhuman competitor... a different one from the first, but it felt nostaligic to be defeated so soundly by someone with godlike powers, disguising them as talent.

Andre would finally bring up that time in the past himself, asking Dave if he wanted to know how he did it. Dave would nod silently unsure of what to think. Indeed it was as he feared, his best friend resorted so some kind of super steroid in middle school that gave him immense power at the cost of some of his lifespan. "Why are you telling me this?" Dave asked his best friend... and Andre replied with that same genuine smile from before, "Because... I've got a plan."

He was good, maybe even great. Dave was a star athlete in his prime, a bright future rested before him. But he was no superhuman, he couldn't compete with someone capable of bending the laws of physics to their advantage, had no ability to fend off the effects of mind control. He was a mortal man, made of flesh and bone, and maybe a metal plate somewhere in his skull but that's unimportant. He could push his team to the last game with his own merit, but he couldn't defeat a god, not on his own. Andre was a smart kid, if not pretty amoral, but he was also Dave's friend. He was someone that Dave clearly felt had his best interests in mind.

So Dave went along with this plan, and before the final game, against the same team who defeated his earlier in the season, Andre revealed his secret weapon: Zoom. Dave had heard rumors about this particular drug through hearsay and occasional bouts of eavesdropping, but he never thought that he'd see it in his lifetime. "See Dave, I can't use this shit anymore. I'm cut to keeling over in my thirties, but you... You've got a whole lifespan ahead of you. If it's only once, you can still live well into your nineties, hypothetically," spoke Andre.

"I don't know, man, I think we might be able to beat him this time," Dave would respond.

"Oh yeah, just like you could 'Beat the superkid this time' back in middle school, right?" Andre would reply with a bit of venom in his tone, "Face it, without Zoom that team's gonna leave us in the dirt a second time. Now then, how about it... Just one time and we'll call it even."

"Even?" Dave would ask, "I never asked you to do it to begin with."

"Sure, sure. But without me doing it, you'd have lost again. Because of me, you won that game, and your life up until now has been a total breeze. If that ain't a favor, then I don't know what is," responded Andre.

"..." Dave was unable to think of something to reply with, eyeballing the hypodermic needle containing the chemical.

"C'mon, what's the matter? Are you afraid of needles? Is that it?"

"Fine... But after this, never again, you hear me?"

"Of course, buddy. I'd never ask this of you to begin with if it wasn't absolutely necessary. We can forget all about this when we've won," Andre said in a reassuring tone.

"Will it be enough?"

"Don't you worry a hair on your head. I made sure to get a little extra so that it could affect someone of your, eh... stature. One dose of this and you'll be faster than a bullet train on demand."

"Makes sense, alright, let's do this," resolved Dave.

A sharp pain later, he was injected with a mysterious chemical compound that was supposed to give him superhuman speed. "Now then, remember the effect is totally will-based, you want to go fast, you gotta think about going faster. The effects will kick in soon, so lets get ourselves in there..."

"Ahem..." cleared a familiar throat. The two of them turned around slowly. "Are you... taking steroids? You are aware that this is a highly illegal action not only by the standards of College Football, but by the Law, aren't you?" spoke the voice associated with that stuffy throat. It was their coach.

"Uhhh... Of course not, Coach," Andre would reply, still holding the needle, though quickly making a futil effort to hide it.

The coach stared intently at Dave for a moment. Dave gave him a look like a deer in headlights, unable to vocalize anything from fear. Coach sighed and shook his head, "Look I understand how you feel, the opposing team is amazing, they stomped us almost flawlessly last time. But drugs are not the solution, you hear me!?"

Dave would kneel down before his coach and begin pleading, "Please don't turn me in Coach! If you don't want me to play, I won't, but don't turn me over to the officials! I'll never do it again!"

The coach looked at the pathetic scene before him, taking it in. One of his star players taking steroids, now begging for mercy. "How long have you been doing this?" he would ask Dave.

"I swear, Coach, this is the first and only time!" Dave would reply.

"Fine. Go home and I'll tell everyone you suddenly got sick. You're off the team for the rest of the season, so you won't get tested. But I swear to God, Murdock, if you do drugs again, any drug, I'll turn you over to the police so fast your life will flash before your eyes and you'll be in a jail cell before it finishes. Capiche!?" the coach would forgive, then threaten.

"C-Capiche!" Dave would comply, before getting his clothes back on and leaving without another word.

He was humiliated, unable to believe that he let his best friend talk him into doing some stupid miracle drug, instead of the other way around. He was so humiliated that all he wanted to do was run... So he did. He ran away from football, he ran far away from Freedom College, he took off. After a few minutes of running he felt his stamina redouble. Suddenly, he felt it in his veins, the power surging through him. He tried it out... and suddenly he was fast. He was really fast. Stupid fast. Super fast.

Before he could even consider stopping he was outrunning cars. Suddenly he really wanted to go somewhere, where he could feel safe. So he ran home, his speed rapidly increasing as he shot down the roads at speeds he couldn't believe. This one-time superhuman experience was going to be something he remembered for his whole life. Within an hour he had made it from the Freedom City coast to the coast on the opposite side of the country, 3000 miles away.... He'd run home. However, all that running, the immense boost to his speed, had caused his body to metabolize the Zoom in a much shorter timeframe that it should have been, not that he knew such.

He finished his jog to his parent's house, and fell down infront of their residence.

He awoke the following day with a throbbing headache, in his old bedroom. He wondered if it had all been a dream, Freedom College, football, Zoom. It was all a blur for a moment, images rapidly flickering in his mind. Yet he could see them clearly, he would stumble downstairs, and his parents would give him that same warm smile, but he knew they looked different. "It wasn't a dream..." he would mutter.

"You know, you should have called if you were coming for a surprise visit, hun," his mom spoke, "Sorry about the new locks. You looked horribly pale when we found you, have you been eating alright?"

Indeed that was his mom... He explained what had happened to his parents, being open hearts with the two of them. "So... you took something that was going to make you better at running, and got booted from the team, so you ran all the way here?" his dad would summerize, then started laughing, "Great story, son, tell another!"

His mother was a little more willing to believe it, but the way Dave looked afterwards she tried to play it off. "No need to mock him, if he wants to visit us, then any excuse will do, won't it?" she reasoned.

Dave sighed and accepted their judgement, it wasn't like he had any proof anyways.

For a few days he stuck around, using the excuse to anyone who called him that he was sick, though never picking up for Andre, never having an excuse to discover something amazing. It wasn't until a few days later, he saw a newscasting that Andre was committing a school shooting. It actually only said that 'School Shooting in Progress at Freedom College', but the video showed Andre, which was enough to get him running.

He had no idea how, but he had to make it to Freedom City before his friend hurt anyone. His need to go faster triggered something in him... a familiar feeling although different. His feet were moving faster than ever before, even while he was on Zoom. His body was sliding through sound barrier after sound barrier, he ran with everything he had. Within 15 minutes, he was back across the country, and with a single punch, he knocked Andre out before he shot one of the students for real.

So there it was... he was super fast. Zips in to save the day faster than anyone could percieve, knocking out a school shooter. Suddenly he was a new legend: a blur that saved the day. He slipped out of there before anyone could see him, and Andre was arrested, no questions asked. When he showed back up at class the next day, everyone told him that he'd missed so much. But he knew...

With nothing to do for the off-season, he's decided to give his powers a test run for real. With a little help from online shopping, he's gotten himself a decent heroing outfit, and decided that he is the train that runs for justice: Bullet Train!
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:16 am Here's charisma brick. It's an all-male team so far, so she'll be female. Need to find a good picture: Nothing really looks like a comic book brick aside from another comic book brick.

I may have gone just a bit overboard with Presence.
It *is* a boat-load! Definitely superhuman, bordering on low-level mind control levels of charisma.
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Going with a victim of the DNAscent process who was physically changed, some heightened agility and a prehensile tail, along with probability manipulation both subconscious and conscious, aka some powers from the Luck Powers chapter of Power Profiles. Goes by the Impossible Imp and using image below for her. Now just need to work on stats and background, just have this basic idea so far.

Imageimp_capslock_cols_2116web_by_eryckwebbgraphics on Flickr