Welcome to Freedom City (M&M 3e; PL10/150pp)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kenmadragon

Re: Recruiting: Welcome to Freedom City (M&M 3e; PL10/150pp)

Post by kenmadragon »

My build for Caelus is done, but I might be revising details on the background or adding more. The broad strokes should all still be there though - descendant of a Farsider "emigrant", and cousin to the Atom Family. Not entirely happy with how I wrote it, but my muse is being fickle lately, so I could only manage the broad strokes.
Plan b

Post by Plan b »

Bio hazard

Concept: Alien hybird turned PI
Base of Operations: Freedom City
Legal Status: U.S. citizen with no criminal record
Identity: Public
Marital Status: Single
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 190 lbs.
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Dark brown

Abilities
Strength 6/10, Stamina 6, Agility 8/4, Dexterity 0, Fighting 8/4, Intellect 0, Awareness 2, Presence 2

Powers

Lightning reflexes: Enhanced Agility 4, Enhanced Fighting 4, • 16 points + 2 AE
AE: Armoured Carapace: Enhanced Strenght 4, Protection 4, Imprevious Toughness 8 (limited physicial)
AE: Shapeshifting: Morph 3

Living weapons: 2 Strength based Damage, Improved crit 2 (living weapons), variable descriptor (physical), Elongation 4 (limited no grab) • 7 points

Otherworldly toughness: Protection 2, Immunity (critical hits) • 4 points

Bio-morph: Variable 2 (free action) • 20 points

Advantages
All-out Attack, Interpose, Improved initiative, Power Attack, *contacts, *well informed

Skills

Close combat: living weapons 4, Deception 8, Intimidation 6, Insight 6, Investigation 8, Perception 6, Stealth 6

Offence
Initiative +12/8
Living weapons +12/+8 Close, Damage +8/+12

Defence
Dodge 12/8 Fortitude 8
Parry 12/8 Toughness 8/12
Will 8

Complications

Motive:- Doing good

Name on File:- Antony is known shapeshifter certain goverment agenacies keep an eye and sometimes ear on him.

The truth is out there:- Antony still looks for clues to what his father was doing on earth.

Power Points
Abilities 56 + Skills 22 + Powers 49 + Defences 16 + Advantages 4 = Total 147

Origin

For a little more than 13 years Antony led an impressivly average life, his father worked a boring nine til five, his mother stayed home and kept the house, but it wasn't to last. Puberty hit Antony hard, his body erupted in a ever changing mass of flesh, bone, claws teeth. His mother fled, his father on the hand just watch and smiled. He calmed Antony down, and told him was expecting him to change he was so, proud, he far exceeded his hopes. He explaned that he was a grue and his people had come to unify the world and bring everlasting peace to earth. He projected his dream of the glorious conquest of earth.

Antony lashed out at the visions and rammed a 12 ft spike though his fathers chest, the last thing he saw before he passed out was his father face melt in to a red skinned alien. He came around in hospital heavily sedated apparantly his father corpse had disappeared from the morgue and more than a couple goverment agencies had questions, unfortunatly he didn't have much answers.

A months later he was invited to enroll at claremont acadamy, he accepted once the extra curricular activities had been explained. After he graduated he a got a job as a private eye using his powers to get a foot in the door. Since then he's been learning the trade while pursuing his what ever small scraps of his father his trial.
Last edited by Plan b on Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Hero4hire wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:21 pm Those whose characters are finalized let me know and I will review/point-check them. :)
I am pretty much good build-wise aside from the 2pp and 4ep i have to spend. I check my work math-wise frequently, so I am pretty sure I am on point, but it's those last minute minor tweaks that tend to upset the math, so a second set of eyes on the point count wouldn't hurt, and if you'll be checking what kind of mechanics I put under the hood there anyways.... ;)

My own personal issue with the build is her dexterity. At a 10, she's moderate superhuman levels dexterous, but as a grappler, I need her dex up (with grappling finesse obviously). I could, in theory, drop her dex down to 7, use 2 points to raise her ranged attack for sidearms back up (and a spare skill point elsewhere) and 3 points for a Enhanced Dex limited to grappling and make it innate i guess, so 4 pp, which is that 6 done with a net loss of 3(or only 2 if I put that spare point back into it. Given her lack of mobility options, might not be a bad plan) to her vehicles skill (*cries to saltiest of manly tears for those 3 lost points*)
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Imp Impossible's stats, etc. are all finished, except for any changes you might wish me to make.
Shadowbourne

Post by Shadowbourne »

You certainly know what you like Sir!
Yes, yes I do.

I like the Nightcrawler analogy that kenmadragon made. Nightcrawler is my favorite character. HOWEVER, DC is introducing a new hero in September called Sideways. Sideways is a teleporter who seems to have gained his abilities through exposure to Dark Matter! If that is true, he may very well become my new favorite, especially if his powers come up somewhat like Shadowjak's.

I am working on Shadowjak's origin...I am "borrowing" the base concept from the PlayStation Game InFamous...Shadowjak will have been a bike messenger/courier who gets his powers from something he was delivering. In this case, he will have accidently become caught up in a battle between Eldrich and Malador the Mystic. During the battle between the Masters of Magic, Shadowjak was hit by a stray bolt of mystical energy. That energy strikes both Shadowjak and the item he was delivering...the crushed remains of the ring that formerly held Nachtkrieger's powers! That blast will have reduced the poor messenger to a "shadow" much in the same way nuclear explosions leave a "shadow" of things destroyed in them. In truth, he will have been trapped between real world and the Schattenwelt. After a period of time, he will have figured a way to reincorporate and slowly discover his new found abilities.

Now, Shadowjak is up in basic form. For the most part, he is all there. However, I am missing some abilities. One, I would like to have a Shadowfold ability: Feature X: Concealed Compartment. That would tie nicely back in with Bike Messenger. I would like to know what the stance is on 2E feats/advantages...In particular "Up the Wall": Use Acrobatics to climb instead of Athletics. This is a Manga and Mecha feat. I am still looking at restructuring...opinions and suggestions are appreciated.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Ahh, I figured out a decent means of reducing Mercy's dex to mortal levels and not giving her enhanced dexterity, since that's kinda...eh in my head. Not very creative. It'll be a new feature of her suit, after all, it was designed for her, so would be done so to her specifications including features such as a short length of steel wire woven with carbon fiber that assists her grappling by extending her reach, allowing her to get more leverage on her opponents.

I'll have a more robust description of it in her sheet coming up and should have the rest written up today
JudgeA

Post by JudgeA »

Bullet Train is finished now. I think I got all the point expenditure correct.
Glyph

Post by Glyph »

This a character that was made for another game that appears to have died before it even started, so I'm going to throw her into the mix here as a second chance to have her fight the good fight. If she needs some tweaks let me know, but otherwise she's good to go.

Jessica 'Jessie' Weaver

Jessie never knew her real parents. She was found abandoned, outside a hospital no more than a few weeks old. Most of her early life was spent shuffling from one foster home to another, despite the best effects of those trying to help her, it was a depressing lonely time, until she was adopted by the Weavers at the age of 12. Life from that point on was fairly normal, loving parents, school, friends etc, abandonment issues and therapy not withstanding.
It has been Jessie's ambition to become a social worker or a councillor, her wish to help kids who'd been like her, lost and confused or angry. So she decided to study psychology and was accepted into Freedom City University.

Then the dreams started. Dreams about a pair of creatures, one born of Fire, the other of ice and cold, two elemental forces in conflict. Ever night for months she would dream of them. At first her dreams were about them in deep debate about something she could not understand, then they began to show the creatures arguing fiercely, until eventually she would fall asleep to find them locked in furious combat.

Every night she would simply watch their conflict as it escalated, until one night, in her dreams, she brought herself between the two forces, interceding into their combat and forcing them apart. When she awoke the next morning, the back of both her hands bore a mark. On her right, a red symbol full of swirls and waves, on her left, blue, full of hard lines and jagged edges. She could also tell that she was not alone.

She still dreams of the creatures, though not every night, but they come to her, sometime together, sometimes one at a time. They spoke to her, pledged their loyalty, and taught her how she could tap into their power. She doesn't know where they came from or how they came to be bound to her. She's asked the entities, but either they don't know, or they simply will not tell her. She can't help but wonder if there is a connection between these spirits and her mysterious parentage.

One thing is clear however, she now has power and that power, and the enitities behind it call her to be something more.

Complications:

Motivation (Responsibility): Jessie has no wish to be a hero, but she is not the kind of person to stand by when she can do something to help people.

Unknown Origins/Mystic Bloodline: Raised as an orphan, Jessie has no knowledge of her parents or where she came from, though she suspects the powers she now possesses are linked somehow to her origins.

Opposing Forces: The Walker and the Wyrm, while united in their loyalty to their host, do not get along and are opposed. This can occasionally cause conflicts while Jessie is trying to draw power from both spirits at once or if they have both been summoned to the same field.

Hearing Voices: The Walker and the Wyrm speak to her. As primal elemental beings, the concept of morality, right & wrong are not something they really understand. They are more concerned with things like survival, power, the fulfilment of needs and the thrill of conflict.

PL 10 -150pp

Strength 0/10*, Stamina 2, Agility 3, Dexterity 2, Fighting 2, Intellect 3, Awareness 4, Presence 2
[36]

Advantages: Inspire 3, Attractive 2*(Given by Presence)
[3]

Skills: Acrobatics 2, Athletics 4, Close Combat: Unarmed 4, Expertise:Psychology 4, Insight 4, Perception 4, Persuasion 4, Ranged Combat(Hand of the Wyrm) 4, Vehicles 2
[16]

Powers:

Hand of the Wyrm
The Red Wyrm: Summon 10 (Heroic, Feedback, Mental Link) 31 points
- DAP Fiery Aura: Damage (Reaction-touch) 4pt/rank[\i]
- DAP Fire Blast: Ranged Damage 2pts/rank
- DAP Dragon's Breath: Cone Area Damage [2pts/rank]
- DAP Flight [2pts/Rank]
[39]

Hand of the Walker
The Winter Walker: Summon 10 (Heroic, Feedback, Mental Link) 31 points
- DAP Ice Shapes: Create (Continuous) 3pts/rank
- DAP Ice Shield: Impervious Protection (Sustained) 2pts/rank
- DAP Walker's Strength: Enhanced Strength 2pts/rank
- DAP Icy Snare: Cumulative Affliction (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Damage, Hindering and Vulnerable, Immovable and Defenseless. Extra condition, limited to Two Degrees)
2pts/rank[/i]
[39]
[78]

Saves:Dodge +8, Parry +8, Fortitude +3, Will +9, Toughness 2/12*(10 Impervious)
[17]

Attack: Ranged 2/6(Hand of the Wyrm), Melee 2/6(Unarmed)

[36]+[3]+[16]+[78]+[17]=[150]
The Red Wyrm

Strength 1, Stamina 2, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 3, Intellect 0, Awareness 3, Presence 1
[28]

Advantages: Agile Feint, Accurate Attack, Improved Initiative
[3]

Skills: Acrobatics 6, Deception 4, Expertise: Elements 6, Perception 4, Ranged (Fire Control) 6
[13]

Powers
Body of Fire: Immunity 17 (Critical Hits, Life Support, Fire Damage)
- Insubstantial 3 (Permanent)
[32]

Flaming Aura: Damage 4 (Reaction - touch) [16]

Flight 6 (120mph) [12]

Fire Control
Fire Blast: Ranged Damage 12
- AP - Fire Breath: Cone Area Damage 10, Penetration 4
- AP - Fire Shapes: Shapeable Area Damage 6, Sustained
[26]
[86]

Saves: Dodge +9, Parry +5, Fortitude +9, Will +9, Toughness +2 [20]

Attack: Ranged: 2/8(Fire Control), Melee 3

[28]+[3]+[13]+[86]+[20]=[150]
The Winter Walker

Strength 2/10*, Stamina 2, Agility 1, Dexterity 1, Fighting 4, Intellect 0, Awareness 2, Presence 2
[28]

Advantages: Daze: Intimidation, Startle, Power Attack, Interpose
[4]

Skill: Close Combat(Unarmed) 6, Expertise: Elements 6, Intimidation 6, Perception 4, Ranged Combat(Ice Control) 4
[13]

Power
Body of Ice: Immunity 19 (Critical Hits, Life Support, Cold Damage, Ice Effects)
- Enhanced Strength 8
- Impervious Protection 10
[55]

Senses 2 (Tracking, Infavision) [2]

Ice Slide: Flight 5 (60 mph, Platform) [5]

Ice Control
Ice Blast: Ranged Damage 10
- Ice Shapes: Create 6 (Continuous, Innate)
- Cold Blast: Ranged Affliction 10 (Resisted & Overcome by Fortitude, Fatigued, Exhausted, Incapacitated)
- Icy Snares: Cumulative Affliction 10 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Damage, Hindering and Vulnerable, Immovable and Defenseless. Extra condition, limited to Two Degrees)
- Icy Surfaces: Environment 10 (Impede Movement)
[24]
[86]

Saves: Dodge +5, Parry +6, Fortitude +10, Will +7, Toughness 12(10 Impervious) [19]

Attack: Ranged 1/5(Ice Control), Melee 4/10(Unarmed)

[28]+[4]+[13]+[86]+[19]=[150]
Last edited by Glyph on Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Raptor Red:

Height: 5' 10"
Weight: 140 lbs
Hair: Red
Eye Color: Green

PL: 10/150pp

Attributes: 66pp

Strength 7
Stamina 6
Agility 6
Dexterity 2
Fighting 6
Intellect 1
Awareness 4
Presence 1

Skills: 15pp

Acrobatics 4 (+10 ), Athletics 2 (+8 ), Close Combat [Mace] 2 (+8), Expertise [Anthropology] 2 (+3 ), Expertise [Survival] 2 (+3 ), Insight 2 (+6 ), Intimidation 4 (+5 ), Perception 2 (+6 ), Ranged Combat [Thrown] 6 (+8 ), Stealth 2 (+8 ), Treatment 2 (+3 )

Advantages: 13pp

Animal Empathy, Attractive, Defensive Roll 2, Evasion, Favored Environment [Airborne], Great Endurance, Improved Initiative, Lionheart, Multilingual, Power Attack, Takedown 2, Uncanny Dodge

Powers: 38pp

Avian Eyes: Senses 4 [Vision (Extended), Low-Light Vision, Direction Sense, Distance Sense] 4pp

Avian Sister: Comprehend 2 [speak to & understand animals] (Flaw: Limited [Avians only]) 2pp

Feather Wings: Flight 5 (Feats: Evasion, Move-By Action); (Flaw: Winged) 7pp

High Flying People: 5pp
Immunity 3 [Disease, Environmental Cold, Poison]
Movement 1 [Environmental Adaptation (High Altitude)]

Natural Born Flyer: Feature 1 [Perfect Balance] 1pp
Rapid Healer: Healing 1 (Free +2) +2, Self Only -1, Limited(Only heals a single condition each round 2pp
Talons: Strength-Based Damage 1 (Feat: Improved Critical) 2pp

quote]Daka Crystal Powered Orichalcum Mace: (Easily Removed –10 pts) [15 pp]
Orichalcum Body: Feature 1 [Indestructible]
Light: Environment 1 [30 ft radius]
Daka Crystal Array: 11 23pp
Daka Crystal Bash: Strength-Based Bludgeoning Damage 5, Penetrating 12); (Feats: Improved Critical 2, Improved Smash, Variable Descriptor [Electrical], Weapon Break)
AP: Thrown Mace: Ranged Strength-Based Bludgeoning Damage 5, Penetrating 12); (Feats: Improved Critical 2, Variable Descriptor [Electrical]); (Flaws: Diminished Range 2 [5 ft/10 ft/25 ft], Quirk [doesn't return, she has to retrieve it.

Offense: Initiative +11
Melee Attack +6 // Mace Attacks +8
Ranged Attack +2 // Thrown Attacks +8

Defense: 18pp

Dodge +12
Parry +12
Toughness +8*/+6 [*Defensive Roll]
Fortitude +8
Will +8 [+12 vs Fear Effects]

Costs: Abilities 66 + Skills 15 + Advantages 13 + Powers 38 + Defenses 18 = 150 pts.

Complications:
Claustrophobia: Because of the way she was raised, as well as her Avian nature, Cally cannot stand to be confined or in a tight space for a long period of time. If she does she quickly becomes restless until the point she is likely to have a panic attack.

Non-Human: Cally has bright red feathered wings protruding from just above her shoulder blades while her green eyes are unmistakably avian in appearance, thus she has to take extra measures to be able to pass as normal.

Stranger In A Strange Land: Cally was born to a human father and an Avian mother, then raised in both Dakana and the Aviary. This unique upbringing has left her as something of an outcast as she has trouble fitting in.

Relationships: Elara (mother), Talona (cousin).

Responsibility ~The Aviary: As much as they might not like her, Cally fights for the Aviary every bit as hard as her cousin, Talona does.

Winged, Scottish Readhead: Does this one really need to be explained? Suffice to say Cally is considered to be something of a firecracker by her teammates and friends.

Background: CallyAnn Mcgowrie was born from a unique union. Her mother was a full blooded member of the avian race who was exploring the world of the landwalkers in an attempt to learn more about them. Partly out of curiosity and party out of a need for the aviaries leadership to better understand their potential enemies. Contact with the Freedom League, and the Atom Families had proved beneficial for them, but other surface worlders had proven less then honest or even hostile. Unfortunately on a trip to Dakana to meet the White Lion she ran into a group of the latter, and she was trapped by a group of mercenaries working for a mega corporation with Shadow backing who wanted to exploit the Nations Daka Crystal resources. Caged and held as a potential hostage Elara then met the man who would save her, Seamus McGowrie a Scottish mercenary working with the men who was assigned to feed and watch her since he was new and not quite trusted with any more serious duties. Seamus fell in love with the beautiful Avian captive and after a brief if tempestuous flirtation promised he would rescue her.

When the White Lion got wind of what had happened to the visitor form the Aviary he was expecting he was furious and made short work of the mercenaries. Seamus freed Elara during the fighting and the pair escaped to safety, finding sanctuary in Dakana afterwards. Cally Ann was born a just over a year later and quickly grew to be a healthy young woman though her father passed on due to an illness when she was a teen. This affected her and her mother deeply and the pair left to return to the Aviary.

Cally had a rough time in the Aviary due to her being half Human and she fought hard to earn herself a place in Avian society. She would eventually gain the respect of her people, including her cousin Talona (especially once it was discovered that Cally also possessed the ability to converse with birds). Combined with the fact that Cally was a physical powerhouse as well as highly agile, she was a match for any Avian warrior.

Cally would come full circle when she was asked to return to Dakana by the elders of the Aerie at the to help of the Atom Family in repairing the Aerie's environmental technology. Traveling there Cally met Tesla Atom and the pair struck up a friendship, becoming pen pals. While in Dakana Cally helped the Atom Family fight against the Power Corps when they attempted to rob the Daka mines. Taking up a mace from a fallen Warrior Cally accounted herself well and earned the thanks of the new King M'Balla. As a reward for her efforts, Cally was given a mace made of Orichalcum and powered by Daka Crystals.

Cally took to the new weapon like a duck to water.

After that she has returned to the Aerie, but made occasional forays into Freedom City to continue her education where she built a reputation for herself as a fiery heroine with an attitude whose outspoken defense of not only the Aerie, but anyone in need. For several years Cally worked to protect the Aerie and eventually became known as one of the best warriors and Talona's second when she became the leader of the Avians and was happy with her life. A few years ago the Freedom League held an membership drive and Talona sent Cally to apply in an effort to foster stronger relations with the human world. Following the interviews and tests the League administered, as well as an attack by members of the Crime League, Cally was among those chosen to join.

In the time since Cally, as Raptor Red, has distinguished herself well as part of the Freedom League and is always ready to defend those in need.

Personality:

Unlike her cousin Talona, Reds temper is more a product of her Scottish heritage then any atavistic nature. Still from time to time the predatory raptor does show through as she tends to take the most direct and straight forward actions. She can be stubborn, and willful, and even a bit prideful but she always keeps in mind that innocents need to be protected. She's fiercely loyal and when she does make a friend its a total commitment even though she doesn't give her friendship or trust easily.

Powers and Tactics:

Like most of her mothers species Cally is fully adapted to flight. She has a hollow bone structure and highly efficient musculature and cardiovascular systems. Shes literally designed for flight either highly aerobatic or efficient flying .

Red has several avian adaptations for flight including enhanced razor keen sight, superhuman reflexes and agility, physical resistance to the effects of extreme altitudes and low oxygen atmospheres, and an incredible sense of balance that includes an ability to judge distance and location. She also possesses an amazing regenerative capability.

Physically shes enormously strong and durable for her race, stronger even then Talona is. She still retains the ability to "unsheath" her talons though hers arent as sharp as Talonas are they're still razor sharp and capable of vicious wounds.

Initially more a brawler with strong instincts thanks to her predatory nature, Red refined her fighting style with the help of the Golden Lionesses. The Lionesses are the personal body guards to the King of Dakana and they helped train her into a lethal warrior especially with her chosen weapon.

Cally adopted the mace as a personal favorite weapon, and M'Balla gifted her with a specially made Orichalcum one powered by Dakana crystals. The Mace beyond being a crushing weapon capable of brutal hits, can also channel electrical energy through its head allowing her to shock any opponent she hits. The maces orichalcum combined with its energy discharge capacity means it can deflect nearly any attack thrown at her.

One of the maces most intriguing abilities was discovered when she faced off against some of Shadows mystical henchmen. They sent demonic entities after her but everytime they got close to her they would just disappear. When they tried to put up a barrier to imprison her she waltzed right through it. The maces orichalcum core in combination with the Dakana crystals perhaps created a sort of anti chaos warping field that shut down magic when it came into contact with it.

Appearance:

A tall statuesque red head with a blend of scottish and exotic avian features Caly lives up to her nom-de-gure. She has a set of powerful crimson feathered wings which are exotic even for the Aviary and have earned her the nick name --loosely translated from the Avian--of Blood Hawk. Her fierce emerald eyes have a wild untamed spirit in them and take on a raptor like appearance when she uses her talons.

Red tend to wear a reddish pair of pants with black tiger stripes, fingerless black gloves with studs on the knuckles, and tall black boots. A red mask covers her face more for effect then actual identity protection.

Her mace is a dark Iron grey color with a red wrapped handle.
Daka Crystal Powered Orichalcum Mace: (Easily Removed –20 pts) [31 pp]
Orichalcum Body: Feature 1 [Indestructible]
Light: Environment 1 [30 ft radius]
Daka Crystal Array:
Daka Crystal Bash: Strength-Based Bludgeoning Damage 5 (Extras: Linked [Nullify], Penetrating 12); (Feats: Improved Critical 2, Improved Smash, Variable Descriptor [Electrical], Weapon Break) & Nullify Magic 12 (Extras: Broad, Linked [Damage], Simultaneous); (Flaw: Close Range)
-Deflection: Deflect 12 (Extra: Linked [Nullify]); (Feat: Redirect); (Flaw: Close Range) & Nullify Magic 12 (Extras: Broad, Linked [Damage], Simultaneous); (Flaw: Close Range)
-Thrown Mace: Ranged Strength-Based Bludgeoning Damage 5 (Extras: Linked [Nullify], Penetrating 12); (Feats: Improved Critical 2, Variable Descriptor [Electrical]); (Flaws: Diminished Range 2 [5 ft/10 ft/25 ft], Quirk [doesn't return, she has to retrieve it]) & Nullify Magic 12 (Extras: Broad, Linked [Damage], Simultaneous); (Flaw: Close Range)
:arrow:

like to submit Cally here shes built for the Freedom City setting and brings a little Oomph to the team. The above quoted mace is where her mace should end up after exp gained as she unlocks the maces orichalchum/Daka quality surprise.\

Not quite sure how to reconstruct her light rapid healing so for the momemt I'm leaving it as a place holder till better information is provided.
Last edited by catsi563 on Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Updated Mercy with some snazzy unique grapple-assisting wraps that deploy from her gauntlets. Pretty happy with how that looks in my head. I also adjusted the O.R., applying an extra Limited flaw as only one O.R. can be deployed at a time which makes sense with how I described it's function. Also did the math on how big a "room" is created and added some extra ranks to up the volume of the space only to a more respectable room size. At rank 13 it's only a bit smaller than my old apartment. I also added some environment effects that she can adjust inside the room.

This actually brought her down 3pp, so...I have 5 pp to spend now. I do have an idea or two where to put them, but I am working on her complications and backstory now.
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

Actually, that's only if your Create is filling up the entire area. As in, the entire object is not hollow. Making objects like that Hollow is sort of a convenient exploit that way - you get more surface area with the same volume of object, just by remembering that you can make the object hollow and form it around you.

Like, having the object be a hollow sphere only a few inches thick means your object has a larger radius than a completely solid sphere for the same Create rank.
Camus

Post by Camus »

EpicEclipse wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:27 pm Updated Mercy with some snazzy unique grapple-assisting wraps that deploy from her gauntlets. Pretty happy with how that looks in my head. I also adjusted the O.R., applying an extra Limited flaw as only one O.R. can be deployed at a time which makes sense with how I described it's function. Also did the math on how big a "room" is created and added some extra ranks to up the volume of the space only to a more respectable room size. At rank 13 it's only a bit smaller than my old apartment. I also added some environment effects that she can adjust inside the room.

This actually brought her down 3pp, so...I have 5 pp to spend now. I do have an idea or two where to put them, but I am working on her complications and backstory now.
Might I suggest improved grab, fast grab, die-hard, second chance(failing a healing check) feats?
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

I am going to call an end to new submissions. If you have already posted an idea or interest you will have time to finish up.

I will be going through finished submissions over the next couple of days and may have questions comments as I do.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

kenmadragon wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:39 pm Actually, that's only if your Create is filling up the entire area. As in, the entire object is not hollow. Making objects like that Hollow is sort of a convenient exploit that way - you get more surface area with the same volume of object, just by remembering that you can make the object hollow and form it around you.

Like, having the object be a hollow sphere only a few inches thick means your object has a larger radius than a completely solid sphere for the same Create rank.
I have heard both this and that the volume indicated the total size regardless of the object being filled in or not.

For calculation purposes, assuming the rank equates to the total size regardless of innards is much easier to deal with than figuring out how big a hermisphere can be created based on it's inner materials and thickness of the walls. Plus, this it this way means I don't have to worry about calculating the additional material used by having anchors for the room or creating walls, chairs, tables, etc on the inside of the room since I can technically fill the entire structure and make it solid if for some reason I needed to.

I'll consider it part of the Limited Flaw that the hemisphere's external dimensions are set as I have them, but thanks for the feedback!
Camus wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:52 pm Might I suggest improved grab, fast grab, die-hard, second chance(failing a healing check) feats?
I am going to add Improved Grab on her Grapple Bands, I added Fast Grab and altered her fighting style a bit to include strikes, so she uses a mixture of karate, judo and jujitsu, giving her a pretty broad martial arts foundation.

Die-hard I am pondering over whether she really needs it, or if so, if it should be a part of her powers. Her Healing rank is high enough to auto-succeed though, so Second Chance is unnecessary.

Thanks for the ideas though using Fast Grab and Improved Grab.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

I know you banned Regeneration, H4H, but may I take Regen 1 for 'heals as normal' on my construct character?
"Something pithy this way comes."