Welcome to Freedom City (M&M 3e; PL10/150pp)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EpicEclipse

Re: Recruiting: Welcome to Freedom City (M&M 3e; PL10/150pp)

Post by EpicEclipse »

Flynnarrel wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:47 pm I know you banned Regeneration, H4H, but may I take Regen 1 for 'heals as normal' on my construct character?
Maybe it could be done as a feature in this case?
JudgeA

Post by JudgeA »

EpicEclipse wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:51 pm
Flynnarrel wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:47 pm I know you banned Regeneration, H4H, but may I take Regen 1 for 'heals as normal' on my construct character?
I second this idea. Same cost, doesn't technically break the rules.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Peacekeeper's all done. Hope you like her.
Camus

Post by Camus »

EpicEclipse wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:16 pm
kenmadragon wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:39 pm Actually, that's only if your Create is filling up the entire area. As in, the entire object is not hollow. Making objects like that Hollow is sort of a convenient exploit that way - you get more surface area with the same volume of object, just by remembering that you can make the object hollow and form it around you.

Like, having the object be a hollow sphere only a few inches thick means your object has a larger radius than a completely solid sphere for the same Create rank.
I have heard both this and that the volume indicated the total size regardless of the object being filled in or not.

For calculation purposes, assuming the rank equates to the total size regardless of innards is much easier to deal with than figuring out how big a hermisphere can be created based on it's inner materials and thickness of the walls. Plus, this it this way means I don't have to worry about calculating the additional material used by having anchors for the room or creating walls, chairs, tables, etc on the inside of the room since I can technically fill the entire structure and make it solid if for some reason I needed to.

I'll consider it part of the Limited Flaw that the hemisphere's external dimensions are set as I have them, but thanks for the feedback!
Camus wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:52 pm Might I suggest improved grab, fast grab, die-hard, second chance(failing a healing check) feats?
I am going to add Improved Grab on her Grapple Bands, I added Fast Grab and altered her fighting style a bit to include strikes, so she uses a mixture of karate, judo and jujitsu, giving her a pretty broad martial arts foundation.

Die-hard I am pondering over whether she really needs it, or if so, if it should be a part of her powers. Her Healing rank is high enough to auto-succeed though, so Second Chance is unnecessary.

Thanks for the ideas though using Fast Grab and Improved Grab.
Glad to help!
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Healing X (Reaction: [free] +3; Duration: [Permanent] +4; Flaws: Self only-1, Uncontrolled -1 (only activates on injuries, heals worse injury first) Limited: heals once every 2 rounds only -1) 6pp per rank

hate to be a pain but banning regen outright might cause more problems. I can see limiting it to pl or the like but forcing a rebuild using healing creates a mathematical nightmare.

especially if people are bypassing the ban by using a rapid heal feature which in some ways is clever but violates the spirit of the ban in others.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

catsi563 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:14 am Healing X (Reaction: [free] +3; Duration: [Permanent] +4; Flaws: Self only-1, Uncontrolled -1 (only activates on injuries, heals worse injury first) Limited: heals once every 2 rounds only -1) 6pp per rank

hate to be a pain but banning regen outright might cause more problems. I can see limiting it to pl or the like but forcing a rebuild using healing creates a mathematical nightmare.

especially if people are bypassing the ban by using a rapid heal feature which in some ways is clever but violates the spirit of the ban in others.
No-one is suggesting using feature as a rapid-heal bypass of the regen ban. The suggestion was just to use a Feature so a construct type character can heal as a normal person and no more, not what I would consider "rapid healing".

I do get you are saying otherwise. Getting healing to free action speed at sustained/permanent is rouuugh cost-wise.

I'd probably go: Healing X (Free +2) +2, Self Only -1, Limited(Only heals a single condition each round), 2/rank, much more reasonable
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Of course another option exists...

potential players could just forego trying to violate the spirit of the ban while technically adhering to the letter.

I know recognizing the GM may have put the ban in place for personal reasons and actually respecting those reasons is anathema to certain types of players...but it is an option.
Shadowbourne

Post by Shadowbourne »

Updated Shadowjak with an Origin(at least a start) and a couple of complications.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

updated Red with Epics suggestion it is better by far.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

catsi563 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:49 am updated Red with Epics suggestion it is better by far.
Glad to help. :) Keeping in mind, you still need to make the healing check each round. The limitation just means you can't possibly heal more than one condition each round, making it equivalent to rank 10 regeneration, which if you brought healing to rank 9 (which auto succeeds one restoring at least one condition), it costs just less than double regen for the same end result.

At rank 1, you need at 9 to heal, giving you a 60% chance to recover 1 condition each round.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Skarab (Abdul Garrett)
PL: 10 (150 pts) - OPL: 10; DPL: 10; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2 (12), STAMINA 2, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT 6, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 2*

SKILLS: Acrobatics (+2) , Athletics (+2/+12), Close Combat 4 (Unarmed + 8), Deception 3 (+5/+7) [Attractive], Expertise 4 (Archaeology +10), Expertise 4 (Business +10), Insight 5 (+10), Intimidation (+2), Investigation (+6), Perception 5 (+10), Persuasion 3 (+5/+7) [Attractive], Ranged Combat [Magic Powers] (+2), Sleight of Hand (+2), Stealth (+2), Technology 4 (+10), Treatment (+6), Vehicles (+2)

ADVANTAGES: All-out Attack, Assessment, Attractive*, Beginner's Luck, Benefit 5 (Wealth: Billionaire), Eidetic Memory, Extra-ordinary Effort, Holding Back, Jack-of-all-trades, Language 1 (Egyptian, English*), Luck 2 (Recover), Power Attack, Speed of Thought, Untapped Potential

POWERS:
Amulet of Khepri 66 pts Traits. Removable (-13 pts); 53 pts
Lifting the Veil: Feature 1 (Quick Change from Abdul Garrett to Skarab and vice versa); 1 pt
S Awareness of Sekhmet: Comprehend 3 (Read, Speak, Write All Languages), Enhanced Trait: Advantage 5 (Assessment, Beginner's Luck, Eidetic Memory, Jack-of-all-trades, Speed of Thought), Senses 1: Danger Sense (Mental); 12 pts
K Protection of Khnum: Protection 10 (Impervious 10), Immunity 2: (Aging, Disease); 22 pts
Pantheonic Powers: 25 pt Dynamic Array; 31 pts
A Strength of Atum: Enhanced Strength 10; +4 Strength [(Flaw: Limited to Lifting 1,600 tons) (Extra: Dynamic)]; 25 pts
R Light of Ra: Magic Energy Damage 10 (Extra: Area Line [30 ft]); 2 pts
A Flight of Amun: Flight 12 (8,000 mph/15 mpr); 2 pts
B Healing of Bastet: Healing 8 (Extra: Restorative); 2 pts
Blood of Pharaohs: Immortality (1 month), Feature 1 (Homing Instinct) Always knows the direction and distance to the Amulet of Khepri; 3 pt
Indomitable Spirit: Enhanced Will 4 (Flaw: Limited to Mental Effects): 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +8 [Unarmed +12]
Ranged Attack +2
Special Attack [Magic Beam +10, Area Line]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +6 [DC16]
Toughness +2 [+12 (+10 Impervious)], Fortitude +5, Will +8 (+12 against Mental Effects)

COMPLICATIONS:
Avatar: When no longer Holding Back Abdul becomes the Avatar of Khepri. Abdul has no memories during his time as the Avatar.
Compulsion: Is drawn to seek out the Amulet of Khepri above all else.
Enemy: The Scarab has been opposed by the Cult of Apophis for 5,000 years.
Motivation: to protect those who cannot protect themselves.
Power Loss: The Amulet of Khepri must be able absorb solar energy every couple days or its magical powers begin to fade 1 rank per day.
Responsibility: to carry on the legacy of the Scarab.

Abilities 50 + Skills 16 (32 ranks) + Advantages 12 + Powers 58 + Defenses 14 = 150 / 150

Build Comments: Skarab is to Freedom City's Scarab as Daniel Garrett is to Ted Kord. Which is to say retro, and let's not forget Roy Thomas's Scarlet Scarab. Abdul Faoul very much is inspiring the secret identity of the Skarab.

Background: It was said that Prince Heru-Ra possessed a powerful artifact, a figurine in the shape of a red scarab; with its powers, he was able to defend his followers from all evil. When Pharaoh Heru-Ra died, the Scarab was buried with him in his tomb; over the years, thousands died attempting to claim it for their own.

In August of 1939, several weeks before the Second World War, Professor Abdul Faoul and American archaeology student Daniel Garrett feverishly raced crews of Nazi treasure hunters, entering Heru-Ra's tomb, they become the first people to reach the Pharaoh's sarcophagus in millennia. Atop the sarcophagus rested Heru-Ra's scarab.

Barely escaping capture, injured, the two men were able to make their way back to the professor's daughter in Cairo. on death's door, Adele placed the scarab amulet over her father's head and prayed. Professor Faoul miraculously recovers and soon after an Egyptian mystery man, the Scarlet Scarab, appeared on the scene.

Faoul considered the war a European conflict and hoped to avoid Egypt being entangled in it. As one Axis victory succeeded another, he grew increasingly convinced that Germany would win the war. The Scarlet Scarab fought both German and British military because he viewed each as enemies of Egypt.

Unfortunately, Khepri seemed to have his own agenda and the power of the scarab was too great for Professor Faoul's heart. On the same night the Scarlet Scarab died, his grandson, Abdul Garrett was born.

For years the Amulet was lost, until upon his sixteenth birthday Abdul felt a yearning to travel. The Garrett's had moved to America and became wealthy dealing in Egyptian antiquities. Abdul attended Tonbridge in England, returning to Egypt to major in archaeology at Al-Zhar University .... which is where he found the Amulet of Khepri that his grandfather had once served.

Stories of his grandfather's experiences with the Amulet made Abdul cautious, and while he agreed to don his birthright, he refused to use the higher powers Khepri promised him. His prudence was well-founded for as time went by he realized it to be as much a curse as a gift.

Watching first his father, and later his mother die of old age while he remained young and vigorous almost caused him to abandon the amulet, but he could not. Only after years of strengthening his Will, and the only in times of great need, he would become the Skarab. Still to this day Abdul is careful with revealing the amulet's power, always searching for clues to it's past and Khepri agenda.
Last edited by StarGuard on Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:06 am, edited 23 times in total.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Mercy is updated and complete aside from any requested alterations.

Edit: Made a few last second alternations to naming, namely the Biotic Pistol, which is inaccurate, since it's a modified pulse blaster per the description I had already given it. It fires pulses of concentrated energy, it's modified in that it uses Mercy's biotic energy to power it rather than a separate battery unit, allowing her to fire without reloading basically ever (though still susceptible to her own power loss complication.)
Last edited by EpicEclipse on Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow

Post by Tomorrow »

Hero4hire wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:13 pm I am going to call an end to new submissions. If you have already posted an idea or interest you will have time to finish up.

I will be going through finished submissions over the next couple of days and may have questions comments as I do.
Darn it, knew I should have made a place holder.

Oh well, honestly its been a couple days and I still couldn't decide between a movie monster shapeshifter former Madame Macabre fanboy (kind of Beast Boy but more beastly than animaly), a one quarter Grue growy/shrinky brawler (more Elasti-Woman-ish than Ant-Man-ish) and stage magician with an ancient Atlantean magic ring containing the soul form of Malador's daughter (sort of a Johnny/Jakeem Thunder type). Character indecision is a #%^#%.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

EpicEclipse wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:53 am
catsi563 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:49 am updated Red with Epics suggestion it is better by far.
Glad to help. :) Keeping in mind, you still need to make the healing check each round. The limitation just means you can't possibly heal more than one condition each round, making it equivalent to rank 10 regeneration, which if you brought healing to rank 9 (which auto succeeds one restoring at least one condition), it costs just less than double regen for the same end result.

At rank 1, you need at 9 to heal, giving you a 60% chance to recover 1 condition each round.

Most of callys regen was meant to be a slower heal shes no wolverine or dweadpool but her wings heal faster evne when cut off, and she does recover from inury 2 or 3 times faster then a normal human thanks to her hybrid physiology.

Some xp would go into raising her regen to an easier roll eventually. just don't have the points to spend at the moment or id have her up a few ranks

Catsi stories
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

EpicEclipse wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:51 pm
A Feature would be fine for normal healing.