Welcome to Freedom City (M&M 3e; PL10/150pp)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Glyph

Re: Recruiting: Welcome to Freedom City (M&M 3e; PL10/150pp)

Post by Glyph »

Best of luck. there's some great stuff here.
RainOnTheSun wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:37 am Good luck, everybody!

Fair warning: If Genevieve gets in, I will probably ask you about anti-earth counterparts to your characters she might have known or heard of. Just for fun.
Anti-Jessie was probably raised by/leads a cult of some kind.kind
JudgeA

Post by JudgeA »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:37 am Good luck, everybody!

Fair warning: If Genevieve gets in, I will probably ask you about anti-earth counterparts to your characters she might have known or heard of. Just for fun.
Anti-Bullet Train would probably have inherited the wrong portion of Zoom, and would have to sap the lifeforce of others to get Super Speed. He'd also be very unopposed to lying, cheating, and stealing to get his way, probably even murder if someone upset him enough. Probably a bully in school, who ran the football team with an iron fist, had countless cronies who both respected and feared him all the way through school, into college. He likely had Zoom powers since Middle School though being the one who cheated first between himself and Anti-Andre, but also OD'd still because he's huge and overshot the doseage, leading to his Superpowers. In all likelihood he's probably a serial murderer who would kill someone (in secret, most likely) with his lifedrain powers anytime he wasn't confident in his personal skill, which was probably every game against another high school football team that had won a match.

TLDR: Speedster who life-drains to Speedster, still football player though for reasons of personal glory and social power, no passion for it though. (Presuming Anti-earth is something like Bizarro-world where everything's flipped around and different, yet similar enough.)
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

anti-Skarab? Easy ... Just think Black Adam [lite] with a mystic amulet as his power source.
Camus

Post by Camus »

An anti sanzo is not easy to figure out for the morally ambiguous monk. Perhaps the Anti Hand would be just like him, considering he preaches balance. Or perhaps he would be a bipolar monk who switches from totally evil to totally good. =P
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

Hmn... not sure what Anti-Caelus would be like. Would he still have the same powers and skills, just using them freely and without restraint to take over? Would he have a different focus to his abilities, favoring Telepathy or Spatial Warping rather than Psychokinesis? Would he be a Luddite and jock who hated nerds and bullied geeks? Would he exercise his psionics without restraint to make everything go his way? Or would he have no aspirations to heroics or villainy, content to live in the havoc and use his powers to make his life easier, but doing nothing to effect the situation whatsoever.

Honestly, I have no idea, but all of them are plenty terrifying when you consider that a villainous Caelus would likely have no moral restraint and likely developed more sinister techniques and tricks than Caelus would ever think to. Essentially like Phoenix Force Jean Grey, but a guy.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Well, with everyone else elaborating on their antiworld counterpart; I think anti-world Mercy would be Malicious, using the negative aspect of her powers to experiment with their pain, very sadistic and systematic in her delivery. Overall apathetic with causing pain being the one thing that she feels anything. I think her power would develop a little different, being in a constant state of self healing to the point she doesn't even feel anything physically good or bad, lending to the previously mentioned apathetic outlook.

I think she would also still use devices that compliment her powers and aid in her painletting on others, maybe even darker versions of what she already has. Her shocker gauntlet becoming Electrocutioner Gauntlets, her O.R. becomes the Torture Chamber. Stuff like that.
Plan b

Post by Plan b »

Anti-biohazard, is likly one of bad psudos flunkies. Assuming identites, providing blackmail materials, etc.
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

Alright! Enough Hemming and Hawing! Sorry to those who didn't get in. I actually considered GMing another game just to be able to use such awesome submissions. But I am not sure that would be successful.

So without further ado...

ROSTER
Zero Prime / Battalion
JudgeA / Bullet Train
kenmadragon / Caelus
Psistrike / Imp Impossible
RainOnTheSun / Peacekeeper
Starguard Skarab
Hero4hire

Re: Welcome to Freedom City (M&M 3e; PL10/150pp)

Post by Hero4hire »

Players post your finalized copy in the character thread and I will give it one last go through before we start.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Have a great game guys!
"Something pithy this way comes."
Shadowbourne

Post by Shadowbourne »

Thanks for opportunity. Good luck with the game!
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

Glad to be on board, this looks like it'll be an interesting group. :D

Though, since there are six of us, I have to wonder about how team-dynamics would work. Like, who would fill what spot on the Five-Man-Band-Plus-Sixth-Ranger chart?
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

have fun guys

just out of curiosity was there any commentary on Red or critiques. I had to sort of bring her down from 11/170 to fit her into 10/150.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Zero Prime

Post by Zero Prime »

This was an excellent surprise and a great way to end off a long day at the office. I'm on the way to my son's ballgame tonight, but I should have Battalion's sheet up on the character thread by this evening, or tomorrow morning!

Super excited!
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

catsi563 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:39 pm have fun guys

just out of curiosity was there any commentary on Red or critiques. I had to sort of bring her down from 11/170 to fit her into 10/150.
It was a good Hawkwoman pastiche. You definitely put in a lot of setting specific things in your background.
IIRC there was some stuff in the build that *if* I wasn't familiar with 2e I would have questioned.