M&M 3E X-Men AU Children of the Atom (Recruiting closed)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Zero Prime

Re: Interest: XMEN AU

Post by Zero Prime »

I'm torn, as I can see the appeal of both ... however by removing us from the Marvel continuity as a whole, which I agree with given an X-series and the societal bias against mutants, but removing Xavier as an influence, or a guiding factor, limits our ability call ourselves X Men. So I will continue to cast my lot for Xavier's school ...
Camus

Post by Camus »

Camus wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:38 pm I have a few mutant concepts:
Oni: A crossover between silver samurai and wolverine. Think immortal and katanas.
Channeller: A mutant that can adapt and absorb energy and then turn it into something else. Think either variable limited to absorb forms or an array of possible absorb powers
Structural: A super tough, although deceivingly so. Think subtle strength.
Are these nay or yay?

I vote number 2
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Shadowbourne

Post by Shadowbourne »

I am very interested...at the mention of NIghtcrawler...A mutant who becomes a two-dimensional shadow and slides across things, popping in and out of solid form, fighting in a manner similar to NIghtcrawler. Both concepts are good....I can work with either one. Though the adult one allows for more...complete creations, assuming that the first option would have the mutants at a younger, inexperienced level.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Zero Prime wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:14 am I'm torn, as I can see the appeal of both ... however by removing us from the Marvel continuity as a whole, which I agree with given an X-series and the societal bias against mutants, but removing Xavier as an influence, or a guiding factor, limits our ability call ourselves X Men. So I will continue to cast my lot for Xavier's school ...
That is fair reasoning. "X-Men" is more a means of easy recognition of tone and setting to be fair though, but Xavier would be a more active player in the students option for sure as a guiding figure.
Camus wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:15 am
Camus wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:38 pm I have a few mutant concepts:
Oni: A crossover between silver samurai and wolverine. Think immortal and katanas.
Channeller: A mutant that can adapt and absorb energy and then turn it into something else. Think either variable limited to absorb forms or an array of possible absorb powers
Structural: A super tough, although deceivingly so. Think subtle strength.
Are these nay or yay?

I vote number 2
Oni seems somewhat straight forward. Channeller would need to be better defined since it's pretty vague. And Structural also would need better definition. Easy to call someone a brick or a tank as their niche, but you're giving me meat without seasoning here. Also, tanks seems to be mentioned a few times already.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

New Idea: Mutant who literally becomes a tank.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:48 am New Idea: Mutant who literally becomes a tank.
This has potential. xD
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

I like the idea of being younger and still learning hut I also like the idea of a mysterious benefactor. Hmm, I think I will vote option 2.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

I've still got Persona on the brain, so I'd vote option 1, but option 2 could be fun to play in too.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

So with #2, are we hiding in society trying to keep our abilities a secret? and what PL are you thinking?
"Something pithy this way comes."
Tomorrow

Post by Tomorrow »

Nevermind then.
Last edited by Tomorrow on Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

It looks like 2 was more popular by more than I thought, so I think we'll go with that one.

I'll update PL and PP into the first post for everyone to see.

I'm not going to pick out specific ideas from lists because I don't want to give any impression that it has any better chance than someone else's submission. If you are concerned about power sets that may be troublesome in general, then consider if you were the GM and had to deal with them. If you would have trouble challenging it, then it's probably troublesome in general.

Just use your best judgement.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Flynnarrel wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:52 am So with #2, are we hiding in society trying to keep our abilities a secret? and what PL are you thinking?
Option 2 is more about player choice than me railroading a specific path for the team. If the team wants to be more open of their identities, then they can do that and i'll adjust. The team will have to live with their chosen path's consequences of course. It will of course require the players to work together and discuss things more closely as all I ask if that the group sticks together and not splinter because of what they would rather do in terms of big decisions like being good or evil.

It will definitely take more coordination and cooperation from the players.
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

I like the idea of option one for a PbP.
PbP Games already have enough going against them to succeed, add in coordination, potentially splitting off etc. I like sandbox just fine...but not so much in PbP. YMMV
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Hmm... good point H4H. In that case, I'll throw my preference into the Xavier school instead, though I'll happily apply for either.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

Hawk wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:45 pm Native American who is a minor brick with increased running speed.

Solar battery that needs special bracelets to control his power.
Is either one acceptable?