M&M 3E X-Men AU Children of the Atom (Recruiting closed)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Shadowbourne

Re: Recruiting: M&M 3E X-Men AU (Name pending)

Post by Shadowbourne »

I have cleaned up Shadowjak's sheet some...added in pictures(Cookie to anyone who knows who that is). Working on Background still...coming.

Just an observation and a thought for EE...

Most of the backgrounds so far have a...slight, criminal, unsociable element. Instead of Professor X and the X-Men, have you considered this Magneto and the Brotherhood? A Brotherhood in a universe where they are the most sensible solution? It would be a combination of both option 1 and 2. Just a thought...
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Okay, I may have hyperboled a little. ;)
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Zero Prime

Post by Zero Prime »

As I was writing stuff for Ulyana, it just kind of grew from there, and we end up with a very angry young woman, and her history creates a very dangerous nemesis for her specifically, and for those she associates with. I hope you don't mind the world building I incorporated into her background, as in my head, the covert ops team that brought down Sevvostlag 17 was led by a James Howlett.

However, should it be too dark, I can certainly modify the background, just let me know.
Shadowbourne wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:54 pmMost of the backgrounds so far have a...slight, criminal, unsociable element. Instead of Professor X and the X-Men, have you considered this Magneto and the Brotherhood? A Brotherhood in a universe where they are the most sensible solution? It would be a combination of both option 1 and 2. Just a thought...
Though, ultimately I would like to participate in a heroic arc, the idea that Ulyana was selected by Magneto to join his brotherhood, and begins to see what her misplaced anger is doing to her, and the society around her is very appealing as well. I'll 2nd Shadowbourne's suggestion if it is a viable option for Epic ...
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

This took an unexpected turn.

Good luck folks!
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:38 pm Image
Awesome! Thanks!
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

How long are you looking to keep recruiting open?
"Something pithy this way comes."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Dunno yet. I wanna give everyone a chance to submit something. Though, I haven't gone back yet to see if everyone who has shown interest has submitted something already.
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

I am in the process of putting together my submission. I should have something posted tonight.
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

I am working on mine, but if I am holding the game up, then please continue without me.
Zero Prime

Post by Zero Prime »

I'll have both build & complications up this evening. Sorry for the delay, it's been a busy few days at the office and I've been wearing too many hats while trying to get my own work done.
Tomorrow

Post by Tomorrow »

Apparently character was too much of a "bore" and "vanilla". As the GM appears incapable of communicating without being overtly insulting, I'm out.
Last edited by Tomorrow on Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:07 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Never seen a super power strip attack. Points for originality in my book there.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Tomorrow

Post by Tomorrow »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:15 pm Never seen a super power strip attack. Points for originality in my book there.
Yeah, but its not supposed to be full-on strip. I mean, actual nudity isn't something that's allowed in games. It's supposed to be PG13... what an immature 13 year old with super speed would do instead of the typical Lightning Disarm maneuver. Altered the name of the maneuver and put in a little clarification that, NO it does not result in folks running around naked as jaybirds.

Edit Actually, while I can totally envision a 13 year old speedster using running around pants-ing people as a combat tactic. Even done for childishness it could too easily offend. So I'm going to swap it for something else. Still working on background at the moment though... worry about where to reallocate that point later.
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

HELIX
A helix is a type of smooth space curve. Helices is important in biology, as the DNA molecule is formed as two intertwined helices.

NAME/CODENAME:James Crow Horse/Helix
GENDER/AGE:Male/17 years old
ETHNICITY/NATIONALITY:Sioux/American
EYES/HAIR: Brown/Black
HEIGHT/WEIGHT:5' 11"/ 210 lbs.

BACKGOUND:
James is the only child of John and Joanna(Rain Feather) Crow Horse. His mutation started in utero, and slowly progressed as he aged, but took a major step forward when he turned 12 years old. James mutation involves having a perfect balance between slow and fast twitch muscle fibers. HIs muscle is three times the density of a normal person, his skin tissue is also triple thick and more durable than normal. His lungs are larger and more efficient at processing oxygen. The changes have allowed James to achieve maximum results with minimum effort. His powers also allow him greater than normal ground movement speed. It is because of his toughness that he was able to survive the automotive accident that claimed the lives of his parents when he was 13 years old. With his parents gone he was sent to live with his closest relative, his paternal Grand-Father(Walter). While James was used to the Reservation, having visited it numerous times, it was something to have to get used to, as his family home was in Atlanta. he made several friends and had settled in when his situation changed yet again. It was after he turned 15 when he was visited by Professor Xavier. The Professor told James that he was a Mutant, and that there was a school that housed and educated mutants. James and his Grand-father agreed that the prestigious school could help his educational opportunities and allow him to connect with other mutants. James while initially withdrawn, has started to socialize more with the other students. He takes it upon himself to welcome the new students to help them feel at home. He does not confine himself to the compound. He likes to ride his motorcycle into town. It was on one of these excursions that he met Deanna Scott. She is a student at the local public school. They have been dating for six months. He spends his free time playing his guitar in his room.

PL:8(120pts) OPL:8 ; DPL:8 PP:0 points unused

ABILITIES: 70 PP
STREGNTH:8, STAMINA:9, AGILITY:6, DEXTERITY0, FIGHTING:8, INTELLECT:0, AWARENESS:2, PRESENCE:2

SKILLS: 4 PP (1 Rank each)
Close Combat Unarmed, Ranged Combat Throwing, Expertise: Engineering, Insight, Intimidation, Perception, Athletics, Acrobatics

ADVANTAGES: 6 PP
All Out Attack, Power Attack, Ultimate Effort, Die Hard, Great Endurance, Attractive Lvl. 1

POWERS: 11 PP
Movement 4 Ranks: Safe Fall, Sure Footed, Wall Crawling, Swinging. Flaw: only while running.

Immunity: Environmental Conditions: Heat, Cold, High Pressure. I rank Each.
Immunity: Suffocation(Flaw: Half Effect, Can hold breath for a long time.)
Immunity: Critical Hits (Dense muscle and skin) 2 Ranks

STRIKE: Hardened muscles and skin provides extra damage. 2 Ranks

DEFENSE: 9 pp
Dodge: 8(6 AGL +2)
Parry: 8(8FGT)
Fort: 10(9 STA+1)
Tough 9(9 STA)
Will. 8(2AWE+6)

OFFENSE: 20 pp
Throw +5
Unarmed +5
Ranged Damage +5
Close Damage +5

Complications:
Prejudice: Mutant

Relationship: Paternal Grandfather(Walter). He is James' closest relative, and James loves and respects him greatly.

Relationship:Girlfriend, (Deanna Scott). 16 year old student that attends a nearby school. They have been dating for 6 months, and while they are very close, he has not revealed that he is a mutant.

Secret: James wants to keep his real identity desperate from his hero I.D. He wants to keep as normal a life as possible out of costume.

Motivation:
To do good. James was raised with a clear understanding of the difference between right and wrong. He sees this as honoring his parents memory.

Picture Changes: Helix has a red and black mask that covers his face from nose to hairline. He wears two eagle feathers in his hair.
Attachments
1239735_646180615415929_1736354697_n.jpg
1239735_646180615415929_1736354697_n.jpg (60.71 KiB) Viewed 929 times
20430034_1431431273576983_1765006813009463802_n.jpg
20430034_1431431273576983_1765006813009463802_n.jpg (26.99 KiB) Viewed 1009 times
Last edited by Hawk on Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:00 am, edited 29 times in total.
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Here is my build and background. More complications and a pic to follow.

Brittney Reese
Codename: Thermic

Build:

Abilities:
Str: 1, Sta: 3, Dex: 2, Fgt: 2, Agl: 3, Int: 1, Awe: 0, Pre: 2

Advantages:
Close Combat 6, Defensive roll 2, Evasion 1, Great Endurance, Language-Spanish

Saves:
Fort: 5 ranks+3 ability mod=8
Dodge: 5 ranks+3 ability mod=8
Will: 6 ranks+1 ability mod=7
Parry: 6 ranks+2 ability mod=8
Toughness: 3 ability+2 defensive roll+3 protection=8

Skills: (ranks+ability mod)
Acrobatics: 6+3=9
Athletic: 6+1=7
Deception: 4+2=6
Expertise-Streetwise: 4+1=5
Perception: 6+1=7
Persuasion: 4+2=6
Ranged Combat-Throw: 2+2=4
Sleight of Hand: 4+2=6
Stealth: 2+3=5
Treatment: 4+1=5

Powers:
Superheated Breath 8 (Damage 8, cone area 60'x60', dodge for half effect) 24pp
AE: Fever Touch 8 (Affliction 8, cumulative, resisted by fort, hindered, disabled, incapacitated) 1pp
AE She's Hot! 6 (Damage-reaction) 1pp
AE: Melting Touch 8 (Weaken Toughness-objects only) 1pp
Firestarter (Feature-ignite small flammable objects by touch (paper, twigs, candles, cigarettes, etc)): 1pp
I love the Heat (Immunity 6: Heat damage, environmental heat) 6pp
Concentrated heat shield (Protection 3) 3pp
See the Heat (Senses 1, Infravision) 1pp

Offense:
Unarmed +8
Superheated Breath +8
Blistering Touch +8
She's Hot! +8
Melting Touch +8
Throw +4

Totals: Abilities 28+ Advantages 11+ Saves 22+ Skills 21+ Powers 38= 120pp

Background:

Brittney grew up in a normal middle class family in Connecticut. Her mother enrolled her in gymnastics classes wen she was a toddler. As the only girl of 5 children, Brittney was spoiled by her mother. Nearly anything she wanted, her mother bought for her. Life was great until one fateful day when she was 12.

Brittney was being harassed at school by some 8th graders. It wasn't the first time they had bullied her. Today, however, would be the last. They grabbed her and threw her into the showers fully clothed. She tried to get away but they blocked her exit. As the water cascaded down upon her, Brittney’s rage grew as never before. Her skin began to glow red hot and the water started turning to steam. The older girls noticed and started backing away in fright. Brittney strode towards them, increasing her pace as her quarry moved away faster. Brittney managed to grab one of the girls by the arm as they retreated. The girl screamed in pain as Brittneys touch burned. The screams shocked Brittney back to reality. She let go of the girl and, after seeing the damage , ran away.

She ran home and hid in her room. She was scared and worried. Scared of what she had done and worried she might accidentally hurt someone she cared about. Her heart skipped a beat when the phone rang. After several minutes her mother knocked on her bedroom door. Her mother talked with her for quite some time. Eventually their talk was interrupted by the doorbell. Her mother went downstairs to answer it. Brittney hid at the top of the stairs and listened as 2 men told her mother they were here to pick up her daughter.

Brittney freaked out. She ducked back into her room, grabbed her gym duffle bag, stuffed a couple of outfits and what little money she had into it, and climbed out the window.

Brittney ran away as far as she could. It took weeks but she made it to Los Angeles, California. Along the way she worked a few odd jobs for money to buy food and snuck into schools and gyms to shower. Sometimes she was forced to steal food and clothing but it bothered her to do so. Once in L.A., she lived on the streets and continued to earn a little money walking dogs, washing dishes, sweeping floors, etc. From time to time during her trip she would call her mother just to hear her voice. On several occasions she had the impression that someone was listening in on the call.

One day while she was working out at a gym a woman approached her. The woman was wearing typical workout clothes so she didn't look like anyone she should worry about. The woman started using the elliptical next to her. After a minute or so, the woman spoke quietly. She told Brittney not to be afraid, that she was here to help her. She told her that there were others like her, others with strange abilities. The woman told Brittney about a school for those gifted people. A school where she could learn not only traditional subjects but how to control her gifts.

Brittney didn't trust this woman and questioned her motives. The woman explained that she had gifts as well. Then she grabbed Brittney by the arm. Brittney felt cold, very cold. It was like being outside in the winter without a coat. Brittney stared at the woman with wide, disbelieving eyes. The woman let go and watched as the frostbite quickly dissipated.

Brittney still wasn't sure how much to trust this woman but she was the first person she had met that was different. She agreed to go with the woman. After they finished working out, showered, and dressed, they were soon on a plane to New York State.

That was 2 years ago. Brittney has learned much about herself and met dozens of others like her. One of the first things she learned was that she, and others like her, were mutants. Her powers have grown in those 2 years along with her understanding of how they work. It was discovered that somehow Brittney can tap into the incredible power of the geothermal heat deep inside the planet. She discovered other things about her powers as well including their limitations.

Complications:

Weakness: Extreme cold. During testing, it was discovered that Brittneys powers are negated by exposure to extreme cold for prolonged periods of time. Subsequent exposure to intense heat like an oven or furnace quickly returns her abilities.

Uncontrolled: Brittney sometimes loses control when she gets extremely angry. This causes her to overload and catch nearby objects on fire.

Mistrust: Brittney is fearful of law enforcement and government officials (men in black). She is worried they will track her down and lock her up in a remote location.
Last edited by CaptainChaos on Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:58 am, edited 9 times in total.