M&M 3E X-Men AU Children of the Atom (Recruiting closed)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Hero4hire

Re: Recruiting: M&M 3E X-Men AU (Name pending)

Post by Hero4hire »

It is an oldie but a goodie. How about "Children of the Atom" for a game name?
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Hero4hire wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:47 pm It is an oldie but a goodie. How about "Children of the Atom" for a game name?
Nice. I like it unless something better comes up, but it is pretty relevant
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"The sharks in the ocean go chomp chomp chomp~!"
PL 8
Name/Codename: Ana Sofia Moya / Sharq "get it? It's like shark, but with a q instead of a k! I know, it's super clever. "
Height + Weight: 5'0" / 90 lbs.
Ethnicity/Nationality: Hispanic/American
Distinguishing Characteristics: Sharp triangular teeth with a slight overbite, rough blue skin, blue hair covering right side of her face, slit pupils, and a large pointy nose.
Languages: English, Spanish

Complications
Motivation; Thrills : Always an athletic girl, Ana rarely avoided the chance to compete and show off her skills. The adrenaline rush she get's when she's rushing down the track, speeding through water, or jumping into a fight is all she requires to ensure a good time.
Obvious Mutant: Ana is one of the more obvious mutants with her blue skin and sharp teeth, and as such needs to hide herself in public with hooded clothing.
Sensitive of her looks: Even before puberty activated her x gene she'd been made fun of for years over her long nose and overbite. Anyone wanting to take her down a peg or goad her into a fight need only make a few rude remarks about her appearance before tears roll or her fists fly. Often both.
Carnivore: Her digestive system has completely changed since she obtained her powers, and she can't process plant matter of any sort. Even small amounts of candy make her very sick. Raw, uncooked and unseasoned meat and bone is all she can really handle. Fish luckily fill this role surprisingly well.
Second generation mutant: Her father, Oscar Moya, is himself a mutant. Like his daughter he possesses hard blue skin and a carnivorous diet. Though unlike his more amphibious daughter, Oscar requires specialized equipment to live out of water. Adding a touch of embarrassment to her life, Ana's father is a member of the school's faculty.

-------------------------------------
Biography:
Ana had always been bullied as a child, even before kids learned her father was a mutant or she came into her own heritage. Maybe it was just her general attitude around others, or that they thought she just looked funny. It started in preschool and followed her in every subsequent grade after.

While always being levied with taunts and insults, the verbal abuse really kicked off when she was ten and her body started to undergo mutation. It was no longer classmates insulting her nose or snickering behind her back, she became outright feared and kids would start chanting even worse things. Seacow, fishface, sharkbait, mutant.

It just kept coming. And with those insults came her teeth, and the assault charges shortly after. Her parents just barely managed to get her sentence turned into a year of community service rather then a few years in juvie. Since that instant, she was pulled out of school and became home-schooled exclusively.

Trouble didn't end there. With their status as a mutant majority household their family was constantly on the move, her parents never managing to hold a job for more then a couple years. They've gone from a modest townhouse, to run down houses, then it was apartments, until they eventually ended up in a trailer home two years ago.

As a result of the constant moves and years spent out of school, Ana had become pent up and restless and tried her hardest to make the best of a bad situation. The first few months in a new town was a time spent exploring and finding any kids willing to talk to her for longer them a few minutes. Even the occasional fistfight was a welcomed experience, but she never allowed herself to snap into a frenzy as she did years ago.

The young mutant was ready and willing to accept this semi-nomadic lifestyle as being her entire future in a world that detested mutantkind, but all of that changed in an instant. Her father, an aspiring teacher in his youth, had finally been offered a job in his chosen profession. A real job. A real high-paying job!

All they had to do was move one final time. And once the prestigious headmaster Charles Xavier learned of Oscar's daughter, he even extended the offer to enroll her into his program free of charge. The family couldn't accept his offers soon enough.

Ana was ecstatic and hopeful. All her life she'd been ridiculed and excluded, and now she was finally given the chance to live and learn alongside people who wouldn't judge her because of things she couldn't control. Other mutants, just like her.

She'd never been so happy for the first day of school in her entire life.
-------------------------------------

Abilities: 10+10+4+4+10+2+0+2= 42
Strength 5, Stamina 5, Agility 2, Dexterity 2
Fighting 5, Intellect 1, Awareness 0, Presence 1

Advantages 17
Agile Feint, Chokehold, , Improved Critical 1(Bite), Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Iniative, Move-by-attack, Power Attack, Precise Attack 1 (Close, Conealment), Prone Fighting, Takedown, Uncanny Dodge, Fearless, Langauges 1(Spanish), Close attack 1

Skills 16(32)
Athletics 4 (+9), Acrobatics 8 (+10), Stealth 6 (+8), Insight 4 (+5), Perception 4 (+5), Intimidation 6 (+7)

Powers 24+7=31

Shark Physiology: 11+9+4=24
..Powerful teeth!: Strength based damage 5, Penetrating 5, Feature 1(Regrowable) 11
..Hybrid Lungs: Immunity 1 (drowning), Swimming 6, Environmental Addaption(Aquatic) 9
..Shark senses: Super senses 4: Low-light vision, Acute Accurate smell 4

Stealthskin 5+2 = 7
..dermal denticles: Toughness 5 5
..Aquatic Invisibility: Concealment 2(Visual, Limited to wet environments(Rain, fog, submerged) 2

-Ana, in several ways, is like a sleeker more efficient human shaped shark. Her powerful jaws are equipped with several rows wickedly sharp teeth, which like normal sharks are constantly lost and replaced. Her lungs are uniquely specialized in such a way that she can breath water without the need of external gills just as easily as she can breath air. The girl's eyes are adept at piercing through the dimly lit shallows sharks are known to prey, and her senses of smell is incredibly powerful.

Her most impressive ability however arises from her rough blue tinted skin. While the hard hide is tough enough to shrug off weaker blows, there's also possess an odd property that's triggered once covered in sufficient moisture. The Hydrogen molecules cling to the surface of her skin where they are manipulated at an atomic level to bend and refract light at an incredible rate. In essence- Once she's submerged, she turns wholly invisible!

Offense
Initiative: +6
Shark attack!: +6, Dc 20 effect 19-20, Slashing
Unarmed: +6: DC 15 effect, Blunt

Defense 4+1+5+4=14
Dodge 4 (+6), Parry 1 (+6), Fortitude 5 (+10), Toughness (+10), Will 4 (+5)

Power Points
Abilities 42 + Powers 31 + Advantages 17 + Skills 16 (32 ranks) + Defenses 14 = 120

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Doctor Malsyn on Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

I am working on someone that uses geothermal energy for a breath weapon, melting touch, and a few other things.
Zero Prime

Post by Zero Prime »

Ulyana Korzikhov
Ulyana, Lana to her friends, is a beautiful young woman. She has a small, athletic frame, standing near 5'6", her movements are always confident, and she carries herself with a certain level of arrogant defiance. Her most identifying feature is her steel-grey eyes, which seem to smolder with intensity, or give off a cool air of indifference, dependent entirely on her mood.

She typically dresses in an unassuming manner, however, she enjoys pushing societal norms, and typically dresses in a masculine manner, while accentuating her feminine features. Sneakers, baggy cargo pants, a crop top or wife beater with a plaid button up over top being her go to look since arriving at the School. Ulyana has chosen the code name Evo, which is short for evolved, the russian familiar for mutants. In combat training scenario's she wears the academy uniform, though hers is made from an adaptive material to allow for sudden and rapid shifts in her basic form and structure. Typically she will produce a hard chitinous shell around her hands and forearms, while also increasing both the tensile strength and density of her muscle mass. These physiological changes cause her opponents to underestimate her, as her superhuman levels of strength and speed are incongruous given her physical stature.
Ulyana Khorizkhov - PL 8

Strength 10, Stamina 10, Agility 2, Dexterity 0, Fighting 6, Intellect 0, Awareness 2, Presence 0

Advantages
All-out Attack, Benefit: Cipher 2, Contacts, Languages 2, Power Attack, Startle, Takedown 2

Skills
Expertise: Politics & Current Events 5 (+5), Insight 8 (+10), Intimidation 10 (+10), Investigation 5 (+5), Perception 8 (+10)

Powers
Autonomous Biological Adaptation: Immunity 7 (Environmental Conditions (All), Suffocation (All); Quirk: Adapts after 5 rounds)
Biomorphic Physiology: Immunity 4 (Critical Hits, Disease, Poison)
Cellular Regeneration & Regrowth: Regeneration 5 (Every 2 rounds, Advantages: Diehard, Great Endurance; Persistent)
Chitinous Combat Form (Activation: Move Action)
. . Adaptive Sensory Organs: Senses 2 (Darkvision)
. . Bio Morphic Weaponry (Advantages: Improved Critical 2; Split: 2 targets, Variable Descriptor: close group - Blunt, Piercing, Slashing)
. . Hardened Carapace: Impervious Toughness 10 (Limited: Physical Damage & Effects)
. . Increased Muscle Mass & Density: Density Growth 4 (+4 STR, +4 STA, +4 mass ranks, -1 speed ranks; Density)

Offense
Initiative +2
Grab, +6 (DC Spec 20)
Throw, +0 (DC 25)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 25)

Languages
English, Russian (Native), Turkish

Defense
Dodge 6, Parry 6, Fortitude 10, Toughness 10, Will 6

Power Points
Abilities 44 + Powers 40 + Advantages 10 + Skills 18 (36 ranks) + Defenses 8 = 120
Complications
Hatred: Ulyana has not forgotten what happened to her in Sevvostlag 17, nor will she ever forgive her captors for the inhuman cruelties that were inflicted upon her by the organization. Should she discover a link to the Nol Chelovechestvo, she will pursue it with a single minded determination that is frightening to behold. As she has discovered that remnants of the organization have been funding Humanity Now, she views them, and their supporters with a cautious eye.

Motivation: Acceptance: Ulyana remembers relatively little of her childhood, having been identified as an evolved, and forcibly taken from her parents as a young girl. She has vague impressions of both her mother and father, but even with the assistance of Mihalovich's files, she has been unable to locate her parents, or even the town where she was born and grew up prior to her identification and abduction by the organization. Having experienced hate and prejudice her entire life, she desires nothing more than to be accepted for who, and what she is, however, she is unwilling to abide those who allow hate and prejudice to occur without speaking out, or taking action, and so inevitably she reveals herself as a mutant, or mutant sympathizer, and exposes herself to those who hate and fear her.

Phobia: Claustrophobic: Due to her forcible confinement, experimentation and vivisection she has endured throughout her youth, Ulyana despises closed, and confined spaces. If restrained in a closed environment, she will begin to panic and must succeed on a DC 20 Will Check or be Vulnerable, Dazed or Defenseless, Stunned. She may spend a Hero Point to forgo rolling for a single turn, but must make another check on her next action.

Prejudice: Evolved: Ulyana is an evolved, the russian term for mutant, or homo superior. Her kind are hated and feared by many outspoken sectors of today's society, and monitored by a variety of governmental agencies. Some of these organizations possess the tools to identify and track mutants with genetic scans, and even nullify their abilities with the application of nullifier technology.

Temper: Ulyana has seen some shit, experienced some shit, and seen the shit that humanity is willing to do to people that the fear. It's hard for her to keep a lid on it, and she isn't one to keep quiet when she sees injustice in the world around her.
Excerpts from Application Interview
  • When did you learn of your nature as a homo superior?
At Sevvostlag 17, a research station located close to the Siberian Peninsula. I was abducted when I was six years old by a rogue government faction, the Nol Chelovechestvo, a pro-human organization whose stated objective was the identification, intervention and isolation of those possessing an evolved genome. What it really was, was a god damn murder camp where these sick fucks performs experiments on children because they were born different. Apparently I was classified as a v tret'ikh, or 3rd-level Evolved, my genome allowing for cellular regrowth and regeneration. Nothing spectacular, but it made me a favorite, because I could last on a table for days. Sick fucks.
  • Can you elaborate?
Eventually the geniuses at Sevvostlag 17 bio-engineered a virus which bonds to, and activates the voids in it's hosts DNA, resulting in fundamental changes within the subjects physiology. It bonds to the proteins within the subjects neural pathways, affecting the host's ability to regulate and control their metagene, resulting in a degradation of their physiology and ability to regulate their gifts. XV-118, or the Extinction Virus was created to target the portion of humanity who possessed the evolutionary genome. Namely me.
  • But you escaped?
Yeah, what the fuckers didn't realize is that my ability to regenerate on a cellular level caused the XV to mutate, and every time it did my body would fight it, again, and again, and again. Before my body fully immunized to the virus, I died eleven times, each more excruciating than the last. By the time I had immunized, I had changed too, no longer was my metagene *just* capable of cellular regeneration and regrowth, I was able to manipulate my body on a cellular level, restructuring, morphing, changing as I saw fit. You brainiacs at the School could explain it better than I can, something about muscle fiber, tensile strength, autonomic adaptive physiology, whatever. That's how I was able to escape 17, and survive, naked, in Siberia for months, until I wandered into a small logging community, and ultimately ended up in Vladivostok.
  • Where you met Mr. Mihalovich, please explain your relationship.
Novac Mihalovich, then a soldier for the Vory, or Russian Mob, found me. He took pity on the half starved, girl, and raised me as his own, I was thirteen, I'd been experimented on for close to seven years. I told him my story, and using his Vory connections, he investigated and was able to help prove it's existence. Now, I'll give you this, the American government was quick to pressure the Russians, but then sent in their covert ops and those guys came down hard, blasted 17 to rubble, buried it under a god damn mountain. Apparently the Russian government, after intense international pressure, shut down Nol Chelovechestvo. Bullshit, Nol Chelovechestvo just went underground, started backing various Pro-human organizations around the world.
  • But you left Russia, did you not, immigrated to the United States?
Mihalovich was able to leverage the political scandal surrounding the Sevvostlag 17 to his favor, and increase his status within the Vory, as such he moved to the US to oversee operations in Los Angeles. He took me with him, he runs arms, drugs, sex rings, but if you squint your eyes, tilt your head, and look really, really, hard, he's a good guy. Kind of. He even gave me all the physical evidence he could find on Nol Chelovechestvo, which amounted to a single manila file folder, luckily I am kind of obsessive. I was able to discover that the Nol had affiliate laboratories scattered around the world, and was able to track down a research facility in the Mojave. Given my gifts I was able to break in, it fuckin' broke me. Memories came flooding back, the procedures, the operations, those fuckers cuttin' on me. I blacked out, don't know how long, I found some files and shit, logs, manifests, nothin' useful, every lead was like a game of three card monte, and the fuckers were cheatin'. Thing is a few days after I returned from my exploration of 17, Mihalovich told me that some of his soldiers got into a fire fight with some well armed, Humanity Now forces, they're a Pro-Humanity group with their own god damn para-military soldiers. Now, Novac keeps a few mutant's on retainer, I mean really, what criminal organization wouldn't right? But they weren't there for them, they were looking for me, by poking around in 17's computers I musta set off some red flags somewhere. That's when Mihalovich sent me here, for the time being he said, til things died down.
  • Explain your fascination with Nol Chelovechestvo please?
Fascination?! Nol Chelovechestvo kidnapped me, experimented on me for *years*!?! They developed a virus that could eradicate the X gene, that's fuckin' genocide! And then, after the get their asses kicked by some black ops unit, I find out that they just went underground, and are backing Humanity Now. Hell, they could have engineered another version of the Extinction Virus! Fuck that, fuck them all. Every last one of them.
  • And so you oppose them? You seem to think of Mr. Mihalovich as a respectable man, how does he feel about your obsession?
Novac Mihalovich, yeah, he's a Vory through and through. Drugs, sex, weapons. He is a hard, dangerous man, but he lives by a code, and I can respect that. He loves me, in his own way, and he's willing to expend his own resources to help me track down the Nol Chelovechestvo fuckers who did this to me, and I love him for that.
  • So tell me Ulyana, do the other students here matter to you, and if so why?
They represent everything I'm not. I'm a virus, I am genetically engineering to be their extinction, they should put me down, right now, should throw me into the god damn sun. But they don't. They look at me with kindness, and sometimes they smile. *shrugs* That's enough for me.
Last edited by Zero Prime on Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:50 am, edited 4 times in total.
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

Redline - PL 8

Strength 0, Stamina 10, Agility 6, Dexterity 2, Fighting 6, Intellect 2, Awareness 6, Presence 0

Advantages
Diehard, Luck (Recover) 4, Trance, Untapped Potential

Skills
Acrobatics 1 (+7), Athletics 5 (+5), Perception 4 (+10)

Powers
BATTERY OF BIO-ENERGY ARRAY
alt1 Power Enhancement: Variable 3 (enhanced power ranks and modifiers; Affects Others Only)
alt2 Bio-Disruption: Cumulative Affliction 10 (Alternate; 1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Stunned, 3rd degree: Incapacitated, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 20; Cumulative, Split: 2 targets)
alt3 Energize: Healing 10 (Alternate; Energizing, Feature: Recharge Batteries; Limited: Energizing Only)
alt4 Overload: Broad Simultaneous Weaken 7 (Alternate; Affects: Electonics, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 17; Affects Objects Only, Broad: Electronics, Simultaneous)
alt5 Shocking Touch: Damage 10 (Alternate; DC 25; Split: 2 targets)
alt6 Strength Boost: Enhanced Trait 21 (Alternate; Traits: Strength +10 (+10), Advantages: Ultimate Effort: Strength Check; Sustained)
Enhanced Stamina: Enhanced Stamina 10 (+10 STA)
Second Wind: Healing 10 (Advantages: Luck (Recover) 4; Triggered: 1 use - when suffering two or more degrees of damage; Limited: Self Only)
Tireless: Immunity 7 (Fatigue Effects, Sleep, Starvation & Thirst)

Offense
Initiative +6
Bio-Disruption: Cumulative Affliction 10, +6 (DC Fort 20)
Grab, +6 (DC Spec 10)
Overload: Broad Simultaneous Weaken 7, +6 (DC Fort 17)
Shocking Touch: Damage 10, +6 (DC 25)
Throw, +2 (DC 15)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 15)

Complications
Accident: Energy discharge. Robbie's Bio-Energy is constantly building. If he does not periodically discharge energy, it will build until a critical mass. Physical contact with Robbie at the very least causes an unpleasant static discharge. Prolonged contact is potentially lethal.

Quirk: Robbie cannot sleep. Like ever! Imagine having 10 cups of coffee and that is how Robbie feels...all-the-time! He almost always has an overabundance of energy. Sometimes he comes off as hyper and paranoid. He has been learning meditation techniques so he does not keep the school up at night.

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 6, Parry 6, Fortitude 10, Toughness 10, Will 6

Power Points
Abilities 44 + Powers 68 + Advantages 3 + Skills 5 (10 ranks) + Defenses 0 = 120

Background:
Robbie Lindeman was born in Upstate New York to a single mom. Since a young age, he was always a hyperactive child. After several incidents in grade school, he was diagnosed with ADHD and was considered to be on the Autism Spectrum. Treatments did little to help and it seemed like his condition only grew worse as he got older. By the time he was 15 he rarely slept unless sedated, and he even began to stop eating. After several days of "fasting," his Mother and Doctor decided to have him hospitalized and force-fed. When the orderlies arrived at his home and grabbed him sparks flew as if a large amount of static electricity was discharged. His Doctor quickly realized more was going on and referred him to a "Specialist" in Westchester County. Where he learned his brain functioned normally, but his extreme hyperactivity was due to a large excess of Bio-Energy that he was constantly generating. Robbie enrolled in the Xavier School not long after.
Last edited by Hero4hire on Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

Anyone know how to turn the green in that pic red?
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Some interesting stuff so far, I've got the submissions all linked on the first post. Good to see some physical type mutations in there that won't easily fit in with normal humans. Nice to have one or two of those mixed in for complications.

Where is my mutant who turns into a tank though Doctor Malsyn? :lol:
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

EpicEclipse wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:48 pm Some interesting stuff so far, I've got the submissions all linked on the first post. Good to see some physical type mutations in there that won't easily fit in with normal humans. Nice to have one or two of those mixed in for complications.

Where is my mutant who turns into a tank though Doctor Malsyn? :lol:
I tried my best, but it was hard shaving down from 300 points to just 120. Another day perhaps....
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

300?! Oh dear, that does sound like a challenge. lol
Camus

Post by Camus »

added a few more complications and a better picture
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Tomorrow

Post by Tomorrow »

Not an actual application...
Last edited by Tomorrow on Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Pfhahaha, that's awesome. Can this guy be an NPC somewhere? It's just so amazingly ridiculous and I love that it actually works.
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

When I thought of a mutant who turns into a tank, I was picturing more humanoid tank, armor plating like colossus, arms maybe turn into guns and feet into treads or something thereabouts.

But this is just magnificent lol.

And you needed 300pp Doctor Malsyn. For shaaaaaaaame. :lol: