Young Protectors: Ravensport (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
User avatar
StarGuard
Posts: 929
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:23 am
Location: Indiana

Re: Young Protectors: Ravensport (IC)

Post by StarGuard »

Image
Rakshasa
aka Nameer
HP: 3 LP: 2
Condition: Normal (form)


The hackles on the back of Rakshasa's neck start to stand up. Turning as he hears Vulcan non-question. Realizing what his young friend is getting ready to do, "NO! Wait, she's .... "

And then they are atop the flat roofed two story building close to the siege.

" ... hiding in the crowd." Even knowing there is no reason for the ice allies to suspect their appearance, Rakshasa sits in a defensive crouch. Popping his claws and speaking to Vulcan over his shoulder, "You do that again, and it won't be ice villains you'll need to worry about Vulcan. The little pixie wasn't in any danger yet and now we enter the field without a plan."

"Until Apogee can get us some information let's do this smart. Vulcan you're out big hitter. Stay at range if you can, let me and Dog do the grunt work up close. Let's focus on one villain at a time and not let this break up into one on one scrum."

"Presto can you hear us? You started his thing. Can either you or Dog to distract one of these guys out to start us off."
Hawk
Posts: 358
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:50 pm

Re: Young Protectors: Ravensport (IC)

Post by Hawk »

DEVIL DOG/JAKSON
HP:3

Devil Dog crouched down next to Rakshasa, he pulls his billy clubs while waiting on an update from Apogee. Rakshasa, what do you need me to do?
Horsenhero
Posts: 925
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:01 pm

Re: Young Protectors: Ravensport (IC)

Post by Horsenhero »

Financial District-

The Ice Agents don't seem to be paying attention when Presto! appears, nor when the team appears on the rooftop nearby. While the roof is a good location , the shortest building in the area is a 5 story parking garage. Beyond that, the business district is filled with towering structures, the smallest of which is a good 20 stories tall and hardly an appropriate vantage point from which to keep an eye on their most petite member.

As the villains approach a diamond exchange suddenly the lead female in the flowing fur-lined cloak stops and turns to scan the crowd. The other three villains stop with her, though they don't seem to have any real idea what she's looking for. Having stopped though, it gives the heroes a chance to study their appearances. The woman who halted first is a pale skinned girl with silvery hair. She wears a white, fur trimmed outfit, complete with cloak. Around her waist is a brown belt with a variety of pouches. Just behind her is a hyper-muscular brute, dressed in a sleeveless outfit. Anything else about him is difficult to determine because he's covered in a rough layer of hoarfrost. Hovering in the air is another female whose body is bifurcated, the left side coated in a thick, multi-faceted sheet of ice and the right is blazing with fire. The last is a relatively average male wearing a hooded, blue and white body stocking the glints as if coated with a translucent layer of ice.

The cloaked woman gestures toward the crowd and her companions turn away from the diamond exchange and start to follow her down the steps.

************

Apogee's voice comes over the commlinks as the team watches the villains standing on the granite steps of the diamond exchange. "Okay, I've managed to get a little bare bones info on our team of delinquents. They claim to work for Balor, the Gaelic God of Winter or somesuch. You'll have to take that one on faith, because none of the official documents I can find have any verification such a palooka actually exists. Anyway, the one in the cloak is Coldspell. She's a sorceress. Want to take a guess at what kind of magic? The musclebound thug is Bitterfrost. With him, what you see is pretty much what you get. Big and strong...capable of pressing somewhere in the 10-15 ton range. Freezerburn is their big threat at range and it's also a bad idea to come into physical contact with her due to her dual energy auras. The last one is the weak link. Icey Temps is a physical fighter, slightly more formidable than the average boxer. His big deal is creating duplicates of himself made of ice. It looks like there've never been more than maybe a half dozen of him at one, counting the original."

"I hope that helps, but in all honesty I can't see most of these jamokes presenting you with too much of a problem."

initiatives... Coldspell, Bitterfrost, Freezerburn and Icey Temps (in that order) 1d20+2(x4)= 5, 19, 12, 22.

Coldspell perception ck for Magic Awareness, extended, accurate: 1d20+8=15 http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=184915

**With the villains concentrating on the crowd the rooftop gang has a surprise action (limited to one standard or move action) available.**
pathfinderq1
Posts: 808
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:04 pm

Re: Young Protectors: Ravensport (IC)

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Presto! knew she didn't have long to act- the bunny ears on her hat were going to give her away sooner or later, and she didn't want to put the crowd of bystanders into any (more) danger. Time to see what Elsa could do...

>OOC: Initiative 1d20+4= 14, roll http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=185060
User avatar
StarGuard
Posts: 929
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:23 am
Location: Indiana

Re: Young Protectors: Ravensport (IC)

Post by StarGuard »

Image
Rakshasa
aka Nameer
HP: 3 LP: 2
Condition: Normal (form)

"Vulcan, I owe you an apology. It's a good thing you got us here so quick. Looks like the Rose has an admirer in the one called Coldspell. Let's see if we can put some heat on these guys and cut out the weak one in the herd. Anyone who can ... take a shot on Icey Temps.Inhave a feeling we need to take him out before he starts making frosty duplicates of himself."
Last edited by StarGuard on Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hawk
Posts: 358
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:50 pm

Re: Young Protectors: Ravensport (IC)

Post by Hawk »

DEVIL DOG
HP:3

Calm and relaxed, Devil Dog waits for his time to act.
Initiative:20
http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=185287

(Will post IC soon)
Last edited by Hawk on Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zero Prime
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:40 pm

Re: Young Protectors: Ravensport (IC)

Post by Zero Prime »

Vulcan
Hero Points: 3 of 3; Luck Points: 2 of 2
Condition: Vulnerable, Dazed.


As he struggled to stand, Verdejo looked fatigued from the concentration required for the re-assembly. However, he watched as the quartet began to scan the crowd as if looking for something, or someone. His thoughts were uncollected, confused for a moment, Nameer was saying something, but he realized that he hadn't brought them close enough. He needed another step, it was easier this time, he could see his location, a matter of meters.

Suddenly Verdejo, Nameer, Jakson and Tobin were in the air above the villains, ready to engage. Verdejo theorized he was likely the more vulnerable but a direct approach would cause the four to focus their attention on himself and the Protector's rather than the crowd of innocents.
OOC: All aboard! One final port, and we're above our targets by about ten feet. With 1 rank of Flight I can maintain my position above our targets, though I am still Vulnerable. Anyone who wants to accompany me will however have to Delay their Action until Initiative phase 11;
when Verdejo acts, see my preceding post for the roll.
pathfinderq1
Posts: 808
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:04 pm

Re: Young Protectors: Ravensport (IC)

Post by pathfinderq1 »

"Distraction? Umm Okay, I can do that..." Presto! sounded a little distracted- or maybe it was just the effect of being half-trampled as the crowd started to flee...

>OOC: Just waiting until we get to her spot in the initiative order to get moving.
Shadowbourne
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:08 am

Re: Young Protectors: Ravensport (IC)

Post by Shadowbourne »

N'SeKt/Tobin Grimes
HP:1
Condition: Buzzin

Tobin's day had been one giant mass of chaos. Starting with his late rise and impact with an inanimate object, to his quiet shock of the HQ, to now...moving through space without...moving. Uncharacteristically, Tobin had withdrawn and kept to himself, hid within a shell. He had not been the adventuresome youth that had amazed the world with his lack of fear and his abundance of dare.

Then, twice...in a flash, he was somewhere else.

He had moved without moving.

The thing inside of him quivered and buzzed. This was a sensation that it was unfamiliar with. Hell, he was unfamiliar with it. Neither felt fear...in fact, it was fear but adrenaline. The excitement of that instantaneous move energize Tobin more than anything else had so far today.

Then it sunk in...they were facing enemies. They were somewhere that allowed Tobin to release the Khrysalid. It was time to tap into something ancient, something primal and let it free. Almost as quick as the twin flashes of their teleportation and a rustling sound similar to leaves blowing in the Autumn wind, Tobin becomes N'SeKt. Encased in emerald green and ebony chitin, N'SeKt let's out a chirping shriek as his antennae quiver in anticipation.

Initiative: 1D20+4 = [9]+4 = 13
User avatar
StarGuard
Posts: 929
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:23 am
Location: Indiana

Re: Young Protectors: Ravensport (IC)

Post by StarGuard »

OOC: Even with a 25, Rakshasa is going to hold his action and wait on the Vulcan-Express. It's to rare an opportunity to actually get to "ambush" the bad guys - usually the shoes on the other foot :) Anyone else wanting to do the same? In my opinion we ought to go "all in" and wait on lowest Intiative to dogpile one of these guys/gals for the extra benefit of *gasp* acting with teamwork ;)
Hawk
Posts: 358
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:50 pm

Re: Young Protectors: Ravensport (IC)

Post by Hawk »

StarGuard wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:45 am
OOC: Even with a 25, Rakshasa is going to hold his action and wait on the Vulcan-Express. It's to rare an opportunity to actually get to "ambush" the bad guys - usually the shoes on the other foot :) Anyone else wanting to do the same? In my opinion we ought to go "all in" and wait on lowest Intiative to dogpile one of these guys/gals for the extra benefit of *gasp* acting with teamwork ;)
OOC: I'm in. Teamwork sounds good to me. Does this mean somebody is going to get "dog piled"? ;)
Horsenhero
Posts: 925
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:01 pm

Re: Young Protectors: Ravensport (IC)

Post by Horsenhero »

Flying (not so) high above the crowd-

Despite the effort of the teleport being disorienting, Vulcan manages a second one that brings the team immediately into proximity of the villains, and presumably Presto!, but her diminutive stature makes her difficult to spot, even garbed as she was in a mash-up of Ranger Rick and the Trix rabbit. Heck, the villains themselves weren't spectacularly easy to target with all the bodies in the way, though Bitterfrost and Freezerburn were the exception, with one looking like Frosty the Snowman on steroids and the other airborne.
Everyone except Vulcan gets a surprise action if they wish to take it (defined as one standard or move action), then we'll get to regular initiatives. The only difference between this and a standard surprise is the villains are expecting trouble so they are not Vulnerable.
Initiatives-
25 Rakshasa
22 Icey Temps
20 Devil Dog
19 Bitterfrost
14 Presto!
13 N'Sekt
12 Freezerburn
11 Vulcan
05 Coldspell
User avatar
StarGuard
Posts: 929
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:23 am
Location: Indiana

Re: Young Protectors: Ravensport (IC)

Post by StarGuard »

Image
Rakshasa
aka Nameer
HP: 3 LP: 1
Condition: Normal (form)
Lucky Tiger Paw Strike: roll of 27 to hit DC 22 (-1 LP)
http://orokos.com/roll/567317
Wouldn't you know first roll for combat was a "2". Couldn't let that lay ;)
Rakshasa falls from Vulcan's teleport into the back of the Ice Agents of Balor. Unlike some, Nameer had no problems believing in this Gaelic "deity". After all his own extended family had been called both hero and demon by the Hindu people, and they had been right on both counts. Focusing his strike into the small of Icey Temps back he hoped to down the man before he could bring his duplicates into play and further complicate matters. The sooner the better too. It was Bitterfrost and Coldspell that gave the Rakshasa real reason to pause.
Hawk
Posts: 358
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:50 pm

Re: Young Protectors: Ravensport (IC)

Post by Hawk »

DEVIL DOG
HP:3

Dropping silently Devil Dog uses his billy club to strike at Cold Spell. "Let's see if they are as effective without their leader."he thinks to himself.

http://rollcoyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=186428
Last edited by Hawk on Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zero Prime
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:40 pm

Re: Young Protectors: Ravensport (IC)

Post by Zero Prime »

Vulcan
Hero Points: 3 of 3; Luck Points: 2 of 2
Condition: None.


Verdejo glared at Jax as he took the opportunity to attack Cold Spell, "Co-ordinated assault, remember, follow Rakshasa's lead!" With that he levitated upwards, providing a direct line of fire towards the duplicator, and hopefully remaining out of range of the larger more dangerous melee combatants. He concentrated briefly, his brow furrowing as he manipulated his own internal energies, focusing them through the length of his arms, converting the wave length of his energies, microwave radiation, in a brief burst, would cause an endothermic reaction, while avoiding irradiating the surrounding area or permanently harming Icey Temps.
OOC: Move action to move 30' or so straight up, free action to switch my Array, and then Standard Action to attack with High Energy Output; Ranged Damage 10, Alternate Resistance: Fortitude, and Variable Descriptor which we'll call Heat for this guy.High Energy Output, DC 25 Fortitude, Variable Descriptor: Heat: 1D20+10 = [20]+10 = 30. A critical hit! Umm, yeah, make that a DC 30 Fortitude check vs Heat, nice first combat roll!
Post Reply