Young Protectors: Ravensport (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Zero Prime

Re: Young Protectors: Ravensport (IC)

Post by Zero Prime »

Vulcan
Hero Points: 1 of 1; Luck Points: 2 of 2
Condition: Normal.

Verdejo shrugged in response to Jak's question, "Don't know, she could be anywhere." He paused, looked knowingly at his teammates, "Literally." He looked around absently, trying to recall what had occurred after Tobin's collision with the wall. "I think," his bottom lip was pulled up, and he was biting at it as he recalled Io's lessons on the memory of loci, which used visualizations with the use of spatial memory, familiar information about one's environment, to quickly and efficiently recall information. "I think she was talking to Lucy as we left," he nodded to Nameer who had stepped away to get a clear picture of her position, "but as the saying goes, the nose knows?"
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

The main building was fairly large, and Rose didn't really have much of a plan for her scouting expedition. Fairly quickly, she realized that she had probably lost Lucian somewhere - it might have been that stairwell door (had it been locked?). Either way, she found herself moving down the stairs now, and around towards the opposite side of the building where she had entered.

It was, perhaps, coincidence. She was sure nothing had called her that way- fairly sure, anyway.

When she rounded the corner, she saw a group of other students loitering there, as if they were up to something- especially since this was a somewhat familiar group...

"Hey! Who are you guys looking for?"

>OOC: Apologies for the delay. I was initially waiting to see if I would draw another GM post- and then things kind of got away from me. Moved along now, with any necessary apologies for slight tesseract-ing of the main building geography.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Ravensport Prep-

As the team prepared to go hunting for Rose, the petite redhead came strolling around the corner.
OOC-

Anyone who saw my post in the OOC thread knows what happened. For those who didn't I apologize for the vanishing act, I had a couple art commissions that were on the verge of being overdue so I had to see to that. Everyone gets a HP for your patience.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Jakson, Nameer, Rose, Tobin, Verdejo-

Once together, it didn't take long for the team to transit the distance between the school and the headquarters. The most difficult part was entering the warehouse undetected. On the exterior the headquarters looked as bland and unassuming as possible, which was the idea since they weren't "offically" set up as a crimefighting team in the city. In fact, it wasn't out of the question that Grand Champion and his faction in the Ministry of Protection might go so far as to damage the place to the point it was unusable in their efforts to retire the sidekicks.

Once inside it wasn't difficult to locate the situation room and the woman who'd called them. All five were momentarily non-plussed to discover it wasn't a member of the Ministry who'd called them at all, but a heroine who went by the alias Apogee. Apogee was a former Golden Age hero whose last adventure in that era was leading her team the Doom Platoon against a mad scientist named Dr. Lost. Apogee and her team had been caught in some sort of extradimensional stasis and had only been freed within the last few years. Given their time-tossed status they were mostly retired, but Apogee still did some tech consulting for the Ministry. Seeing as many youths in her era lied about their ages in order to join the military and fight the Nazis, she was completely supportive of the sidekicks...errr...hero internship program.

"Hey there whippersnappers!" She said sounding far older than her biologic age. "Did you all get properly registered? More importantly are you ready to assume your duties as the titanic teen heroes of Ravensport?"

Apogee:
Last edited by Horsenhero on Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Rakshasa
aka Nameer
HP: 2 LP: 2
Condition: Troublemaker

Slipping from the campus was easy enough. Registration day was suppose to be about making acquaintances and settling in. Nameer was trying to think of a way he might be assigned a dorm room with one of the other Young Protectors. It would be easier to watch each other's backs that way ... and while he doubted he could be assigned a room with Rose, Jax was a possibility. He might be the first on the team to get a demerit, but he was pretty sure between her curiosity and his ladyman moves, both were going to find real trouble before they knew it.
"Hey there whippersnappers!" She said sounding far older than her biologic age. "Did you all get properly registered? More importantly are you ready to assume your duties as the titanic teen heroes of Ravensport?"
"I believe we all have been signed up for classes Mrs. Apogee, but I was wondering if there was anyway to influence the housing assignments?" Her enthusiasm to get started heroing barely a day after arriving in the city seemed a bit ... rushed to Nameer, but westerners often seemed in a hurry to the Rakshasa.

"Is there an emergency that requires our attention Mrs. Apogee? I'm sure all of are ready to prove we are made of the right stuff the Ministry is looking for."
Last edited by StarGuard on Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zero Prime

Post by Zero Prime »

Vulcan
Hero Points: 2 of 2; Luck Points: 2 of 2

Even before Apogee began to speak Verdejo was enthralled by the command center, his eyes began to emit blue-ish white light as he shifted the energy spectrum he was able to see in. He studied the entrance in minute detail, ensuring that he was aware of the specific dimensions, and proportions of the structure itself. If he wanted to transport himself, or his teammates to this location he wanted to make sure that their molecular cohesion remained, both, intact and uncompromised. When he saw Apogee, he felt something strange, a rush of emotion, like he'd been holding his breath all day ... though the analogy wasn't exactly true, after the Progenitor's altered his physiology he wasn't even sure he was human anymore, and breathing was something he only pretended at now.

He concentrated, and the shape, composition, and structure of his clothing morphed to that of his heroic alter ego, a light blue body suit with a star-field pattern embellished upon it, with stylized domino mask concealing his eyes and cheekbones. For the first time today, Verdejo felt alive, excited, by the possibilities that lie ahead.

"So ready."
Last edited by Zero Prime on Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Rakshasa
aka Nameer
Condition: Just troubled

The hackles on the back of Nameer's neck bristled as Verdejo shifted into his Vulcan identity. There were those among Nameer's own people who had the gift to do much of what Vulcan did, but they were born with the gift. Verdejo unnatural acquisition of the Gift had changed him it seemed, in ways he was yet uncomfortable with. He often appeared on edge, as if he might lose control. As much as he liked Verdejo,
It troubled Nameer.

"Easy there tiger. We don't even know if there is a mission yet or not."
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Presto!
>HP 2/ LP 3 of 3
>Condition: curious

Stone walls or no, cameras or no, it was a school campus, not a prison- and leaving (especially on Orientation Day) was no challenge. Making their way through Ravensport was also not difficult- Rose at least had a pretty good where they were going. It was a bit easier for her, especially, once they had left the campus behind, and she had exchanged her uniform for a floppy over-sized sweatshirt and pants that looked like they had once been pajamas.

Inside the headquarters, she immediately started to wander- she had been here only very briefly and certainly had not had a chance to REALLY explore the facility. Who could say what wonder was around the next corner, or hidden in the next room? Her fellow 'students' managed to shepherd (drag?) her into the control room- which was to her, the most boring room in the whole complex. All those lights and screens and silly 'lectronics...

She was a bit surprised to see who was waiting for them, though. And surprises like that were bound to lead to something good, something FUN, right?

Rose scampered over to the largest available chair and settled into it. "Of course we're ready!," she chirped. "What terrible threat requires our combined might to thwart it?," she continued in a deep and solemn (but obviously fake) voice. She looked around at her teammates, and then back at Apogee. "That's how we're supposed to talk now, right?"
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

DEVIL DOG/JAKSON

HP/2

Jakson took a seat, and waited for Apogee to get started with the details."So what do we do first?
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Jakson, Nameer, Rose, Tobin, Verdejo-

Looking at the group, Apogee blushed as she realized some had misinterpreted her general enthusiasm for the announcement of an actual threat.

"Whoops. My apologies, I was just feeling a bit of that new team excitement. I didn't mean to imply there is an actual imminent threat."

When asked about dorm room assignments she looked a bit confused. "Sooo...you're all going to live on campus then? Nobody is going to take advantage of the living quarters here? I suppose that makes sense. You'll integrate into the student body more quickly."

From there she takes the team on a quick tour of the HQ, from the main control room, to the laboratory and workshop, to the living quarters and finally ending up in the hidden dock where the aero-sub was moored. She mixes information on how the base functions with casual conversation. Near the end of the tour she mentions;

"I really don't understand the Grand Champion and his faction. When I was young kids not much older than you were lying about their age so they could join the army and fight the Axis powers. Heck, I was already working to perfect my rocket pack and Magno-pistols, so I could put a hurtin' on the Nazis. Of course I was a few years older than you, but back then women were discouraged from being too adventurous regardless. Heck, by the time the government knuckled under and approved the WACs I'd already been at it for a couple years."

"Anyway, my point is...I really can't see what all the fuss is about."
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

"i wouldn't worry to much about that," Rose quipped, after looking around at her teammates. "We'll probably all be living here once the demerits start to pile up."

"Apparently that's a thing at our fine school. We'll be swimming in demerits soon enough."

"So are you going to be tutoring or training us? Or should we just go on out into the crime-infested city and get to work?"
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

DEVIL DOG/JAKSON
HP:2

"I'm not looking to collect demerits, so hopefully I can keep the number down."

"Apogee, I know that The Ministry can't take an active role in our training, but have they given you any direction that they want us to follow?"

Jakson directs his question to the group.Providing we can influence the roommate situation, who should room with whom?"
Last edited by Hawk on Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Rakshasa
aka Nameer
Condition: Just troubled

To Nameer, the YP "headquarters seemed very elaborate for a team of teenagers. Jax could get good use out of the Forensic Lab and Verdejo was closest any of the ready could claim to having any passing science or tech skills that he knew of but most the base seemed built for a team a real team ready for action. I guess that is the team they hope we can become ... Thinking of his "uncles" ... Assuming we live that long. Jax questions mirrored some of his own thoughts from earlier.

"If I was farther in my training I would choose a feminine form and ask to room with Rose. Honestly you are one of two people in the world I know more curious about what's on the other side of a door than myself ... but since I am not ..." Pointedly looking at Jax. "Someone is going to have to keep an eye on our Dog. Did the rest of you checkout those moves he made on the Carpathian girl? I thought China was going to have a meltdown." Given his own origins, his own gallows humor was not lost on himself.
Zero Prime

Post by Zero Prime »

Vulcan
Hero Points: 2 of 2; Luck Points: 2 of 2

Apogee wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:08 am"I really don't understand the Grand Champion and his faction. When I was young kids not much older than you were lying about their age so they could join the army and fight the Axis powers. Heck, I was already working to perfect my rocket pack and Magno-pistols, so I could put a hurtin' on the Nazis. Of course I was a few years older than you, but back then women were discouraged from being too adventurous regardless. Heck, by the time the government knuckled under and approved the WACs I'd already been at it for a couple years."

"Anyway, my point is...I really can't see what all the fuss is about."
Verdejo nodded as the more experienced hero spoke, as she finished he spoke softly, "I can understand their concern, the analogy of child soldiers is not entirely unfounded." He shrugged meekly, "I mean realistically it's anyone under the age of 18 who is recruited by an organization to serve as informants, soldiers or spies. Where I think the analogy begins to fail is that we've not been provided arms and armor to do so, some of us," he indicated Tobin, "received whatever abilities we have by accident, or, like me, they were forced on us, and we're all," with a sweep of his head he indicated the entire group, "learning to cope with those gifts, to better integrate with, and ultimately protect society."

As the other's spoke up, he let himself drift off into the background, he knew Tobin from their time together that his contact with the artifact he called the Khrysalid somehow altered his genetic makeup, similar in many ways to the Progenitor's experiments on Verdejo and the other abductees. His eyes began to glow with a pale blue-white energy as he shifted his sight through the energy spectrum analyzing the device for any output or energy signature. It was less of a true analysis, and more curiosity while the other's spoke.

However at mention of the Raven haired Carpathian girl, Verdejo's cheeks flushed, and he was forced to look away, suddenly envious of Jakson's easy swagger and confidence, compared to his own guarded nature.
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

DEVIL DOG/ JAKSON
HP:2

Looking at Nam, Jax says I'd be happy to room with you Nam, but there is a reason for my pursuit of Persephone. She is pretty I don't deny that, but her being from Carpathian, and Vanos The Dread Lord of Carpathian having villians recruiting protoges, could be a coincidence, but maybe not. I am keeping my eyes open."

Looking at the team he says."Maybe we all should keep our eyes and ears open."