Young Protectors: Ravensport (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Horsenhero

Re: Young Protectors: Ravensport (IC)

Post by Horsenhero »

Jakson-

The pale girl cocked an eyebrow at Jakson but giggled at little. "Remiss if you didn't get to know the vampire?"

Jakson couldn't help but notice her accent made her sound a little bit like Natasha from Rocky & Bullwinkle.

"You know you could find yourself ostracized, right? Because I'm evil...or at least that is the rumor. I lure unsuspecting boys to their doom and make them my slaves. That was the story last year anyway. Plus, by some unlucky circumstance I have the pleasure of having perhaps the least pleasant person on campus as a dorm mate."

"However Jakson, since you seem to be a daredevil...my name is Persephone. Like the mythological goddess...because just coming from New Dacia wasn't going to cause me enough problems."

Nameer-

Standing back as he was, Nameer noticed that Jakson's approach to the vampire girl earned suspicious looks from quite a number of older students and an absolutely thunderous glower from China.

Verdejo, Rose, Tobin-

As the others went to help Tobin regain his footing, the young man who Verdejo had scolded for speaking on his cell phone also appeared.

"Tobin Grimes! We have a celebrity in our midst. My name is Lucian Van Pelt. I'm new too and if the school can't manage to meet the needs of your famous self...I'm here to help. For a nominal fee of course." He smiled as he spoke. Then his gaze slid over to Rose. "Same goes for you, free of charge for being so cute."
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Rakshasa
aka Nameer
HP: 1 LP: 2
Condition: Prowling the school grounds
Standing back as he was, Nameer noticed that Jakson's approach to the vampire girl earned suspicious looks from quite a number of older students and an absolutely thunderous glower from China.
Nameer watches Jakson boldy approach the vamp girl. Carefully failing to not overhear their conversation ... ... Shiva she's a vamp. That girl gives me the creeps but give Jakson's credit, he's got brass bells asking her out in front of Ms. Personality here.

"Tobin? I knew I knew you. I want to talk to you about that Seven Wonders of India episode." Nameer uses his size and and there is a rumble in his chest indicating others need to get out of his way as he ever not so slightly bumps Lucian aside. His massive paw pulling Grimes to his feet, as he does Nameer eyes read sympathetic to the young Grimes as he sets him on his feet.. "Not here. We'll probably get a demerit."
Last edited by StarGuard on Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zero Prime

Post by Zero Prime »

Vulcan
Hero Points: 1 of 1; Luck Points: 2 of 2
Condition: Normal.

Verdejo looked up at the Van Pelt youth as he began to speak, and shrugged, "Sorry Lucy, nothing you could get for me that I couldn't get for myself. Now how abo--," He stopped mid-sentence as Nameer muscled Lucian out of the way, and bent down to assist Tobin to his feet, "Oh, hey thanks." He intoned to the larger young man, "Let's get him to the infirmary, make sure he isn't concussed."

Placing his arm around the wiry young man's shoulders, Verdejo assisted Nameer, as they walked Tobin away from Lucian, and towards the infirmary.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Last edited by StarGuard on Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

DEVIL DOG
HP:1

"Persephone, nice to meet you. I prefer to reach my own conclusions about people. But I must say that your roommate sure is a winner." He pulls out his phone, and asks for her number. "I already received a less than stellar tour, how about you giving me the upgraded version."
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Devil Dog-

The look on the young vampire's face goes from bemused and a little perplexed to outright suspicious at Jakson's aggressive friendliness. Taking a step back, she shakes her head. "Ah, how about we slow down just a little before I start giving out my personal information? No offense, but I don't even know you and I have things to do before classes start tomorrow."

Turning away, she moves to rejoin her companions, then stops and looks back. "Don't get me wrong, you're cute...but my life doesn't have much room for spontaneity."

Jakson heard the footfalls coming up behind him before he turned around. "Her dad's the Carpathian ambassador to the UN. At her last school in Europe there were two different attempts on her life. Those two girls she hangs out with are actually bodyguards and the reason she rooms with China is nobody else would dare. China isn't even well-liked by her parents, so... if an attempt happens here and the roommate ends up collateral damage...again...no tears shed."

The young man speaking to Jakson is young, east Asian and has a clean shaven head. Even under his school uniform Jakson is sure he's in exemplary physical shape, much like himself. If nothing else, even ignoring Tobin Grimes, this school is full of unique characters.

"My name is Wu Dao Ting. Everyone calls me Dao."

Nameer, Tobin, Verdejo-

As the trio enters the building in search of the nurses' office, a portly teacher stands in their way, her hard flinty gaze locked on Nameer.

"Young man, did I just see you shove another student? I don't know how they do things where you are from but here, just because you're physically imposing doesn't give you the right to assault people. Take that young man to the nurses' office, then you come report to the administration office." She points to a door labeled, unsurprisingly Admin. "Congratulations, you've managed to skip right past demerits to disciplinary action. Your parents will be so proud."

Rose-

Outside, Lucian stands a couple meters distant from Rose and brushes at his sleeve where Nameer had butted up against him. "Spectacularly sociable gentlemen those two. Nice to see the class bullies have identified themselves immediately. I'll go exploring with you if you like. I'm sure we could find some like-minded adventurous sorts to go with."
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

DEVIL DOG

Thinking to himself, Well, Samuel should at least appreciate the effort. Say nothing or too strong, I need to find the happy medium. Before she leaves he says.Sorry Persephone, I didn't mean to come on so strong. Maybe when you have some free time, we could talk. Jakson turns to Dao.Dao, nice to meet you. Call me Jax. Thanks for the 411. What else does a new guy need to know to get along here?
Last edited by Hawk on Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Zero Prime

Post by Zero Prime »

Vulcan

StarGuard wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:42 pmOne hand helping Tobin up, the other offered in a handshake to Verdejo.

"My friends call me Nameer."
Nameer noted that he was taking near all of Tobin's weight as the slight young man beside wasn't the most physically impressive, "Verdejo," a genuine smile appeared across his face as the larger youth suggested that Tobin may not require medical care. "Likely not, but it gets us away from that guy." With that he pointed towards Lucian with his chin.
Horsenhero wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:22 pm"Young man, did I just see you shove another student? I don't know how they do things where you are from but here, just because you're physically imposing doesn't give you the right to assault people. Take that young man to the nurses' office, then you come report to the administration office." She points to a door labeled, unsurprisingly Admin. "Congratulations, you've managed to skip right past demerits to disciplinary action. Your parents will be so proud."
Verdejo cleared his throught, "Ma'am, may I respectfully interject. Nameer was forced to move past Lucian to help me get Tobin here to the infirmary, he was blocking our access to Tobin, too busy offering to obtain contraband for him, while 'we'," with this he indicated Nameer and himself. "Were trying to get Tobin here to the infirmary to see if he'd been concussed."
OOC: Trying to intercede on Nameer's behalf, Persuasion attempt on Unnamed Professor.: 1D20+5= [11]+5=16. We'll see if *that* helps ...
Last edited by Zero Prime on Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Nameer, Tobin, Verdejo-

"They don't use the words excuse me where he's from?" The teacher glares at Verdejo and he can practically see himself getting lumped in with Nameer as a trouble maker. "The security cameras don't have audio function, but they are everywhere it is legal to put them, so don't lie to me young man. Nameer made physical contact with enough force to move another student in a manner that appeared unprovoked. That doesn't fly here. I know all you students believe you're untouchable, but here's some information for you, nearly every student here is rich or powerful or connected and that makes zero difference to us. Everyone whether the son or daughter of a monarch or captain of industry or scholarship recipient obeys the same code of discipline, which includes rules against physical violence."

Putting her hands on her hips, she scowls. "I am going to review that security footage right now, so both of you may help this young man on his way, but school security has its eyes on you both now. Keep that in mind before you feel the need to lay your hands on another one of your schoolmates. Your time here can be easy or difficult...it's up to you."

Jakson-

Dao shakes Jakson's offered hand. "Survival tips? Don't eat the pizza on pizza day. Wherever the cooks are from, they must believe pizza is a punishment. If you can manage to swing a gig as a student teacher during recess for the K-8 school, do it. It's about as easy an A as humanly possible. If you've got a special talent that's either a pop culture phenomenon or is treasured by polite society, offer to share it. Seriously, I lead Tai Chi exercises for a half an hour in the mornings prior to class and it counts as either a philosophy or physical education credit if I need it. Even if I don't, it polishes the transcripts for college."

"Oh and since you seem like a good guy, I've been here since 7th grade and I learned if you gift the graveyard shift security personnel with goodies like donuts or cheesecake, images of you sneaking back onto campus after curfew disappear. You might even find a dormitory door unlocked too. Of course that only matters if you're living on campus or if you're an off-campus resident sneaking out after 10pm or if you're a boy who snuck into the girl's dorm or...let's just say it's in your best interest to keep the security personnel bribed. It won't help you if you commit a serious infraction, but it clears up the minor stuff."

His gaze wanders over to China and he sighs. "And in case you're wondering, miss demerits over there knows, she just refuses to do it. Her parents pretty much dumped her here in Kindergarten and she sees them at winter break and over the summer if she's lucky. I think she behaves the way she does to get attention."
Zero Prime

Post by Zero Prime »

Vulcan

Verdejo's face visibly blanched as the unnamed Professor's lecture focused on the family's and parent's of the Ravensport student body. Though the faculty probably took it as though her lecture had shamed him into compliance, "Yes ma'am, sorry ma'am." He assisted Nameer and Tobin to the infirmary, and now sat glumly staring off into space. While waiting for the nurse to examine his peer, he idly produced the crystal from his breast pocket, intimately aware of it's structure, fashion from carbon atoms, he began to focus on it, pushing thoughts of his mother's death and his father's rejection from his head.

As he did so the crystal changed physical properties, going from translucent to opaque, dull to luminescent, and shifting along the color spectrum, from smoke grey to clear aquiline and back again.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Horsenhero wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:22 pm
Rose-

Outside, Lucian stands a couple meters distant from Rose and brushes at his sleeve where Nameer had butted up against him. "Spectacularly sociable gentlemen those two. Nice to see the class bullies have identified themselves immediately. I'll go exploring with you if you like. I'm sure we could find some like-minded adventurous sorts to go with."
Rose stood still for along second, watching the group head off towards the nurse's office. Her mouth slid open, and she huffed quietly, barely restraining herself from saying something that would probably earn HER some demerits. It sure looked like they had taken the idea of 'pretend we don't know each other at school' and run with it. She would make sure to 'mention' it to them later, when they weren't on campus...

"Sorry about that. Those guys, i mean, I can't even..." She shook her head, and turned to look at Lucian more directly. "I'm Rose, Rose McKenzie- you probably haven't heard of me. Did you say you're new here too?" Without really waiting for an answer, she started walking in pretty much the opposite direction from where the others had gone. "I haven't really met anybody else yet- are there more people like you, that aren't, you know, all puffed up and full of... themselves?" She looked back, to see if Lucian was following. "Did you hear about the bomb shelters? Do you think they're real?" She looked back again. "And did you say that other kid, the clumsy one, that he was famous or something?"

Whether Lucian was following or not, Rose kept walking, headed for... That building, over there. Yeah, that one, with the funky roofline- it looked interesting, and she hadn't been in there yet.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Rose-

Lucian trotted to keep up with Rose. He seemed to be the type who normally ambled along, but her determined stride forced him to keep up.

"Yeah, I'm a first year guy here just like you. I can't imagine anyone familiar with the campus sticking around to listen to that rousing orientation. Of course I set a personal record in that I managed to get bullied twice within the first hour on campus."

Lucian used the moment Rose paused to check if he was still there to catch up. "Yeah, I heard the rumor about the bomb shelters. World War 2, right? You'd think somebody would've found them by now if they were here. Unless they're extra-dimensional or something."

"I know it sounds crazy, but super-people started showing up in large numbers around World War 2, including ones who claimed to be pagan gods...so maybe they found a way to place those shelters in the dimensions they'd gone to when they left Earth. My dad always says the best way not to get hit is to not be in front of a punch. It follows that the best way to survive a bomb blast would be to remove yourself from the blast radius."

"So...um...are those guys your friends because I don't think either one likes me much."
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

Horsenhero wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:45 pm

Jakson-

Dao shakes Jakson's offered hand. "Survival tips? Don't eat the pizza on pizza day. Wherever the cooks are from, they must believe pizza is a punishment. If you can manage to swing a gig as a student teacher during recess for the K-8 school, do it. It's about as easy an A as humanly possible. If you've got a special talent that's either a pop culture phenomenon or is treasured by polite society, offer to share it. Seriously, I lead Tai Chi exercises for a half an hour in the mornings prior to class and it counts as either a philosophy or physical education credit if I need it. Even if I don't, it polishes the transcripts for college."

"Oh and since you seem like a good guy, I've been here since 7th grade and I learned if you gift the graveyard shift security personnel with goodies like donuts or cheesecake, images of you sneaking back onto campus after curfew disappear. You might even find a dormitory door unlocked too. Of course that only matters if you're living on campus or if you're an off-campus resident sneaking out after 10pm or if you're a boy who snuck into the girl's dorm or...let's just say it's in your best interest to keep the security personnel bribed. It won't help you if you commit a serious infraction, but it clears up the minor stuff."

His gaze wanders over to China and he sighs. "And in case you're wondering, miss demerits over there knows, she just refuses to do it. Her parents pretty much dumped her here in Kindergarten and she sees them at winter break and over the summer if she's lucky. I think she behaves the way she does to get attention."
"Wow Dao, you are full of useful information. Your insight is greatly appreciated. Where do they post the sign up sheet for elective classes.?"
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Rakshasa
aka Nameer
HP: 1 LP: 2
Condition: Troublemaker

As Vulcan changed the crystal physical properties, going from translucent to opaque, dull to luminescent, and shifting along the color spectrum, from smoke grey to clear aquiline and back again
After leaving Tobin with the school nurse in the exam room, Nameer sat next to the Young Protector, watching as he fiddled with his crystal."Hey ... Really think that that's a good idea right now? You just heard Mrs. MacGillicuddy say she was going to be watching us on the cameras.""
Last edited by StarGuard on Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Horsenhero wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:43 am Rose-

Lucian trotted to keep up with Rose. He seemed to be the type who normally ambled along, but her determined stride forced him to keep up.

"Yeah, I'm a first year guy here just like you. I can't imagine anyone familiar with the campus sticking around to listen to that rousing orientation. Of course I set a personal record in that I managed to get bullied twice within the first hour on campus."

Lucian used the moment Rose paused to check if he was still there to catch up. "Yeah, I heard the rumor about the bomb shelters. World War 2, right? You'd think somebody would've found them by now if they were here. Unless they're extra-dimensional or something."

"I know it sounds crazy, but super-people started showing up in large numbers around World War 2, including ones who claimed to be pagan gods...so maybe they found a way to place those shelters in the dimensions they'd gone to when they left Earth. My dad always says the best way not to get hit is to not be in front of a punch. It follows that the best way to survive a bomb blast would be to remove yourself from the blast radius."

"So...um...are those guys your friends because I don't think either one likes me much."
Rose kept walking for just a moment, looking around to try to take stock of which building looked the most interesting. Then she stopped and turned back towards Lucian. "I don't really think you could say 'friends' but we've met before..." she gave what she probably thought was an ominous cackle that sounded more like a chihuahua choking on a taco. "They had this program thing for a couple of us before school started- we're all, like, 'nontraditional students' or something; homeschooled, foreigners, apparently even big jerks... Trying to get us ready for a prestigious elite school experience." (and that sounded like she was quoting a brochure or something)

"I guess the lessons didn't stick for all of us." She looked around at the impressive buildings and stepped a bit closer- though her voice wasn't noticeably quieter. "Did you mean that, about the bomb shelters being in some kind of different dimension or something? That hardly seems fair! It would be REALLY tough to find them then- that is like saying 'hey everybody, there's ice cream around here somewhere!' but not telling us it was like hidden in a bank vault. Not cool. I guess, once I've been here a while I can see if the hobs know anything- right now I don't even know what THEY like around here, and I'd hate to offer the wrong thing."

She turned away again, already walking. "Come on, let's see what is in there..."