Young Protectors: Ravensport (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Shadowbourne

Re: Young Protectors: Ravensport (IC)

Post by Shadowbourne »

Tobin Grimes/N'SeKt

Even as he impacted with the wall, Tobin knew he was in trouble. The Khrysalid was fluttering uncontrollably. It took all of his will...all of his concentration to not BugOUT. Though he was tough and resilient, the collision still rattled him slightly. Shaking his head slightly, Tobin tried to gain a little more leverage against the buzzing in his chest. The rumbling base that purred from above him nearly shattered that...on an instinctual level, part of him saw a large predator above him...leaning down into him. On the conscious level, Tobin knew that wasn't the case. And just like that, he was forced into a battle of control with his permanent guest.

Hearing his name, Tobin's thought crystalized for a brief instant. This time he got a parasite feel from the youth that recognized him...again, the buzzing in his chest began to color his vision, making him blink rapidly and breath even quicker...No....no...nononononoooo...the mantra flowed through his mind, pushing the buzzing aside, calming the need to fight or flight. As the rumbling base returned, there was a different tone this time. A tone of admiration and curiosity...mixed in with some sympathy. And like that, the buzzing shifted again...less strained.

He hears the introductions. Worse yet, he hears the teacher scold the two. But the buzzing...it is still strong enough to need his attention. He knows they travel some distance. He also feels another well of concern. One with a detachment. As he feels the other two move off, he is left with that cool concern. Slowly, ever so slowly the buzzing recedes and the world around Tobin crystalizes.
Zero Prime

Post by Zero Prime »

Vulcan
Hero Points: 1 of 1; Luck Points: 2 of 2
Condition: Normal.

StarGuardNameer wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:15 pm"Hey ... Really think that that's a good idea right now? You just heard Mrs. MacGillicuddy say she was going to be watching us on the cameras.""
Verdejo looked up with sullen eyes, "Yeah, you're right. It's just when she went off about the rich kid's and their families, it just," he shrugged, "reminded me of what I've ... yeah. Anyways."
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Rakshasa
aka Nameer
HP: 1 LP: 2
Condition: Troublemaker

Rakshasa was usually more aggressive in his tiger form when operating with the Young Protectors. Not quite the bad boy Johnny was but the two operated well together when in action. Maybe it was the British-India connection, maybe they just both loved letting loose. Either way, Nameer was quieter more reserved usually, unless he felt a threat to his pride like Toby and Lucy or Verdejos seemingly fretting about fitting in.

"I understand Verdejos. It's not like any of us have had a white picket fence past. I don't think anyone who has should understand. Our loss ... it drives us to become the Protectors others need. It's our duty to honor them through our choices ... Which means I probably should apologize to Lucy at some point ... and Rose ... assuming she hasn't gotten herself in some craziness already. The girl needs a keeper ... (joking) "You think Toby is up for it?"
Last edited by StarGuard on Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Rose-

Lucian looked at Lucy with a look of bewilderment. "Who are the hobs and why would they know anything and why would you need to give them something they like?"

"Is this some sort of gang thing? I mean...you don't exactly seem like the thug life type, though..." He cocks an eyebrow. "...I suppose Irish Mob is possible with your coloring. So Rose...are you a mafia princess, Irish style?"

Nameer, Tobin, Verdejos-

"Come on in and sit down." The school nurse said to the trio after the stout teacher was done with them. "I can't check him for a concussion from over there."

For a moment the trio was stunned. The school nurse was a man. It was almost embarrassing really, there's been a growing population of male nurses for some forty years, but somehow whenever anyone says school nurse the first thing that comes to mind is a gray haired, older woman with no bedside manner and her hair pulled back in a severe bun. This school nurse was a chubby guy with a short, bushy beard and a receding hairline in his mid 30's to early 40's. He looked like a young John Rhys-Davies in teal scrubs.

"Okay, what seems to have happened?" He said while pulling out a penlight from his pocket to check Tobin's pupils.

Jakson-

As Jakson speaks with Dao he feels a slight vibration in his pocket. It was the comm-link given him by Mr. October and the fact it was going off meant someone was in the brand, spanking new base the "pro-sidekick" faction of the Ministry of Protection had arranged for them to have and that individual was trying to call him.
I totally forgot that along with base and transportation the team members get comm-links gratis as part of the campaign equipment.
Zero Prime

Post by Zero Prime »

Vulcan

Verdejo looked at Nameer as he spoke about reconciliation, he knew that to follow suit would be the more mature option, however, somewhere deep inside he still wanted to punch the pretentious prep in the face. He sighed. "You're probably right," he looked up held his friends eyes, "but doesn't mean I have to like it."

It was at that point that Nurse Scott, judging from the placard on his scrubs, called them in. Verdejo cleared his throat, and pointed to the abrasions on Tobin's forehead and chin. "Not sure exactly, but looked like Tobin here was running late, and as he was trying to make the way to the Tour, slipped, colliding with one of the garden walls." He shrugged, "He appeared dazed, when he fell back, his respiration was fine, but his pulse was elevated and his eyes were dilated. So I thought we should check to see if he'd been concussed."
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Horsenhero wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:46 am Rose-

Lucian looked at Lucy with a look of bewilderment. "Who are the hobs and why would they know anything and why would you need to give them something they like?"

"Is this some sort of gang thing? I mean...you don't exactly seem like the thug life type, though..." He cocks an eyebrow. "...I suppose Irish Mob is possible with your coloring. So Rose...are you a mafia princess, Irish style?"
While her evil cackle might need work, Rose's laugh was purely joyful. "So, it's a cowan that ye are, then..." She spun around in a circle, coming to a stop facing back towards Lucian, and as she spoke she laid on the Irish accent with a trowel, the silly tone her mother had always called "stage Irish". "Then let me sing you the song of my people, me boyo. A hob, which some may also call a brownie, though they more often greenish than they're truly brown, well that is a minor spirit of sorts, a spirit of place- what the Japanese might call a Kami. Hobs are more like to be tied to a settled place, like a household or such- a village, or in this case a school is likely to have a bunch of them watching over matters. They're much more, like, civilized than the wild fae, and they make sure the place is calm, and settled, and things run smooth-like. But in their work, they'll come across all sorts of secrets, especially about whatever place they ward- back doors, secret places, and the like- mostly they use such as they go about their tasks, but sometimes they can be minded to share... And as to what they like, mostly its food- a drop of milk or honey, a crumb of bread- though you'll find them now and again that take a drop of whiskey, or a nib of fine chocolate. For the most part they take their due in the crumbs and drops that fall in any normal day of activity, especially in a place like this- but they'll take special notice if something if offered to them specifically, with the proper thanks and deference- and that's why it is best to know if they've a particular craving." She paused in her recitation, cocking her head to look upwards at one of the trees nearby- and gave a cheerful wave at what Lucian could swear was an empty branch. "And they know when you're talking about them, they do." She smiled a bit more broadly. "And now you know a secret of great power, of the ancient ways- though few there are now who believe it. Use it at your peril. For 'tis no Mafia princess I am, but a princess of the Fae instead, and a duly deputized guardian of the Crossroads, and to provoke my wrath is call down Doom upon your own head. That's what my dear sainted mother says... What she USED to say, anyway." At that, her smile winked out, and she turned away again. "Or it could be that I'm just crazy. Now come ON!"

And she started to dash towards the door of one of the nearby buildings...
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

DEVIL DOG

HP:1

Jax leaves Dao with a, Sorry, I have some errands to attend to. I'll catch you on the flip side." When he is able to find an unoccupied room, he will slip inside and take the call that came in from their base. This maybe important,
I need to find out what's up.
He thinks to himself.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Nameer, Tobin, Verdejos-

The nurse nods his head at the explanation of Tobin's entrance. "Good idea...but...you," He says to Tobin. "seem to be made of solid stuff, because there's no sign of a concussion. Barely any indication of a bruise. That means you're free to return to your normally scheduled program."

"Try to avoid wall-diving from now on."

Jakson-

Slipping inside one of the dorms, he wasn't quite sure whether it was boys or girls, Jakson slips the comm-link in his ear. Once online, he hears a female voice.

"Devil Dog? Listen, when are you all going to be finished with that orientation? I volunteered to give a quick headquarters tour as a favor to Mr. O, but I didn't think I'd be waiting half the day. Are all five of you registered? Are you ready to come take a look around?"

Rose-

"Coming!" Lucian shouts from behind Rose after she takes off. She's pretty sure she catches snippets of a mumbled how come the cute ones are always crazy? as she dashes off.
Okay, so I'm not sure if I was clear with the explanation of the campus, but there aren't that many buildings, Main Building, Boys' Dorm, Girls' Dorm, former Seminary school (for K-8th grade and off limits to you most times), Gymnasium, Maintenance building (for the maintenance staff) and that pretty much covers it. Where is Rose headed?
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

Horsenhero wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:35 am

Jakson-

Slipping inside one of the dorms, he wasn't quite sure whether it was boys or girls, Jakson slips the comm-link in his ear. Once online, he hears a female voice.

"Devil Dog? Listen, when are you all going to be finished with that orientation? I volunteered to give a quick headquarters tour as a favor to Mr. O, but I didn't think I'd be waiting half the day. Are all five of you registered? Are you ready to come take a look around?"

DEVIL DOG

Sorry, things seem to be taking a little longer than expected. I will attempt to expedite the process. Let me round everyone up and I will call you back a.s.a.p. After finishing the conversation, Jax logs onto the schools website and enters his student I.D. number. He pulls up his class schedule and checks that all his classes are locked in.Good. Now with that out of the way, I can run down the rest of the group. He heads to the nurse to see if the guys are there. When he arrives he pulls the closest one aside to tell them their "tutor" called and they need to hurry up.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

With Lucian in tow, Rose scampered off towards one of the larger buildings. She fully intended to explore each of them completely, sooner or later, demerits or not. But for now she was going to start easy- and she didn't want to get Lucian in trouble- at least not until she was sure he WANTED to get in trouble.

But the main building was the largest, and she had hardly even started going through it...

>OOC: Headed for the main building then- does that include classrooms and the library and stuff?
Zero Prime

Post by Zero Prime »

Vulcan

Verdejo nodded his assent to Scott, "Thanks for checking him out," he began to walk towards the exit, "we'll try to make sure that no more walls jump out in front of him." As he held the door for Tobin and Nameer, he noted the lanky, dark haired Jakson walked purposefully towards them. When the powerful youth pulled him aside mentioning a meeting with their 'tutor' Verdejo was legitimately perplexed.

His brow furrowed, he responded, "Tutor," he paused quizzically, "orientation is today, I didn't think classes started until tomorrow?"
OOC: I am just assuming that Verdejo is flustered by the recent sequence of events, and isn't recalling any scheduled tour of the YP Ops Center. Also, his communicator isn't in, because honestly, I forgot about it too. ;)
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Rakshasa
aka Nameer
HP: 2 LP: 2
Condition: Troublemaker

Nameer quietly stays in the background, letting Verdejo take point with the nurse. Nodding at Jakson as he approached. Listening to Jakson's call to muster the Young Protectors, Nameer mentally kicks himself for also forgetting the comms. Cringing, I can hear Priyanka now.

Leaning over Nameer whispers to Verdejo. "I think he means our extracurricular 'Tutor'. I think we all got caught up in the day." Leaning back, Nameer looks around ... "Anyone seen Rose recently?"
Last edited by StarGuard on Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Shadowbourne

Post by Shadowbourne »

Tobin Grimes/N'SeKt

As the buzzing receded, Tobin kept quiet. The two that were concerned with him were actually that...concerned. They took the lead in answering questions and they took control of the situation. It wasn't that he was faking...nor was he feigning distraction for any advantage. He had to get his passenger under control. It was still violent when unsettled. He couldn't let that out here and...now. It didn't always know when to stop. Sliding off the table, Tobin followed the two out as they ran into one of the others.

Looking up, Tobin reached out and touched both before Jackson closed the distance, "Ummm...thanks." Shaking his head a bit, "I was...rattled? I needed to get my head situated?" Looking over at Nameer, "Yes...I remember that. It was...enlightening. I would be happy to share my experience," Tobin replies with a sincere smile.
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

DEVIL DOG/JAKSON MEDLOCKE

After the guys are together he asks in a hushed tone, "Does anyone know where Rose disappeared to?"
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Rakshasa

Motioning for Dog and the others to follow, Nameer ask if someone remembers if Rose normally carries her cellphone? Meanwhile he takes a moment where they last were with the curious Pixie before Lucy made things interesting with his offer to Toby.

Taller than most his age, Nameer looks around for the red head, but what he's really doing in trying to pick up the girl's scent just in case her phone is .... well with Rose, Devi only knows.