Young Protectors: Ravensport (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
User avatar
StarGuard
Posts: 929
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:23 am
Location: Indiana

Re: Young Protectors: Ravensport (IC)

Post by StarGuard »

"Nam" gives Jax an innocent shrug of the shoulders Agreed . . . but if I hear the secret knock on the door, I'll be sure to disappear in a puff of smoke. You can just say it's incense." ;)
Hawk
Posts: 358
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:50 pm

Re: Young Protectors: Ravensport (IC)

Post by Hawk »

StarGuard wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:46 pm "Nam" gives Jax an innocent shrug of the shoulders Agreed . . . but if I hear the secret knock on the door, I'll be sure to disappear in a puff of smoke. You can just say it's incense." ;)
Laughing as he walks over to Nam, he throws an arm around the taller teen's shoulder and says in his best Humprey Bogart impression "You know Nam,I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship."
Horsenhero
Posts: 925
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:01 pm

Re: Young Protectors: Ravensport (IC)

Post by Horsenhero »

Apogee-

The time tossed heroine listens to the youths and nods thoughtfully. "It probably is a good thing that at least some of you live on campus then. I wasn't aware there was a citizen of Carpathia at the school. She can't be a Zombie or a Wight... obviously, but Wraiths and Vampires often retain their human personalities. Of course the most well traveled Carpathians are usually skinwalkers, but that's mostly because global rights initiatives or not, most everyone absolutely loses their minds over undead."

"Anyway, as I mentioned I mostly just volunteered to show you kids around the HQ for Mr. O. I owe him and the others who managed to rescue my team from limbo a huge debt. You can relax though, there isn't an imminent threat to Ravensport."

Just then the red alarm beacons started to flash.

"Oh look an imminent threat to Ravensport."
User avatar
StarGuard
Posts: 929
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:23 am
Location: Indiana

Re: Young Protectors: Ravensport (IC)

Post by StarGuard »

Image
Rakshasa
aka Nameer
HP: 2 LP: 2
Condition: Normal (form)


Nameer looks up and around at the flashing red alarm beacons before giving Apogee a scathing look. "Really? You just had to say it out loud didn't you." Finally, the brown skin and black hair of his adopted mother's people fades away shifting back into his true form and colors of the ... Rakshasa.
Last edited by StarGuard on Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
pathfinderq1
Posts: 856
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:04 pm

Re: Young Protectors: Ravensport (IC)

Post by pathfinderq1 »

"That is one heck of a doorbell," Rose chirped happily, as she looked around at the flashing strobes. Then she looked at each of her teammates in turn. "Which one of you guys ordered pizza to our SECRET hideout?"

"What? It isn't dangerous- SHE said there wasn't any imminent threat..."
Hawk
Posts: 358
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:50 pm

Re: Young Protectors: Ravensport (IC)

Post by Hawk »

DEVIL DOG/JAKSON
HP:2

Jakson focuses his attention on a routine he has done countless times."Time to get dressed for business." He thinks to himself. When he is finished, he asks Apogee, So, what's next?"
Horsenhero
Posts: 925
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:01 pm

Re: Young Protectors: Ravensport (IC)

Post by Horsenhero »

Apogee-

"This way, sarcastic lad." She says to Nameer. Once they enter the main control room she barks. "Computer can you give a visual on the current threat?"

The monitor screens on the wall all come to life as the Young Protectors' base taps into any unshielded cameras in the area. The multiple views from traffic cameras and security cameras shows the financial district in downtown Ravensport under siege by a quartet of villains, Coldspell, Bitter Frost, Icey Temps and Freezerburn...the Ice Agents.

"Well, it could be worse. It could be the Stone Agents." Apogee says. Rubbing her chin she seems thoughtful. "Something about this whole scenario seems incredibly familiar though."
Well Informed or Expertise: Super-Humans anyone?
Hawk
Posts: 358
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:50 pm

Re: Young Protectors: Ravensport (IC)

Post by Hawk »

DEVIL DOG/
HP:2

Devil Dog walks over to get a look at the monitor. "Excuse me, Apogee, can I get a look at the monitor? I want to see if I recognize any of the participants." Got to remember to use a deeper voice when in costume. He thinks to himself.

Devil Dog uses Well Informed:[url=http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup. ... . =[4] = 4
OOC:Not likely with that roll.
User avatar
StarGuard
Posts: 929
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:23 am
Location: Indiana

Re: Young Protectors: Ravensport (IC)

Post by StarGuard »

Image
Rakshasa
aka Nameer
HP: 2 LP: 2
Condition: Normal (form)
Last edited by StarGuard on Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Zero Prime
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:40 pm

Re: Young Protectors: Ravensport (IC)

Post by Zero Prime »

Vulcan
Hero Points: 2 of 2; Luck Points: 2 of 2
Condition: Normal.


Following Apogee and the others to the Comm room, Verdejo tried to recall any recent media coverage of the Ice Agents, but nothing immediately came to mind. However, once given a clear image of the scene, he began to study, to reach out and feel atomic structure that surrounded him, that comprised both himself, and his teammates.

Nameer, no, Rakshasa, took the lead, quickly deciding that Verdejo would be the most expeditious method of entry. He nodded, a tight smile on his face, he pointed to a small, two story building. "I'll put us there, that way it will provide us with some cover from the Agents." He paused, considering the implications, "Our arrival will be announced with a brilliant flash, an emission of energy across the visible spectrum as our molecules are re-formed at the intended point of arrival."

"I will also be disoriented, and thereby vulnerable to attack on our arrival, as it requires intense concentration to maintain your molecular cohesion during transport."
OOC: As Verdejo was watching the Chrysalid, hoping for some insight into it's energy output, his senses are currently set to Energy Analysis, and with a free Action he'll switch his Main Array to Molecular Re-assembly. Accurate, Extended, Direction & Velocity, as well as Increased Mass [up to 800 lbs.] With 2 Move Actions he can do 120 miles, but it is not Easy, so he is Dazed, Vulnerable on arrival. Once everyone confirm's they are ready, he is good to go, and we can narrate arriving on scene.
Hawk
Posts: 358
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:50 pm

Re: Young Protectors: Ravensport (IC)

Post by Hawk »

DEVIL DOG
HP:2

Looking at the rest of the team says in a voice deeper than his normal tone. Perhaps we should encircle Vulcan,so that we keep him protected when we teleport in.
pathfinderq1
Posts: 856
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:04 pm

Re: Young Protectors: Ravensport (IC)

Post by pathfinderq1 »

"How far away are these guys, anyways?" Rose asked. It was worth noting, for those who were paying attention, that she hadn't been walking since the alarm system went off- whenever she moved, it was simply from here to there around the room.

Somewhat more curiously, she was also changing her clothes every time she moved- though there seemed to be no rhyme or reason to her changes. The first time ended up with her baggy sweatshirt on backwards (with the hood pulled up over her face), and for one brief moment she was back in her school uniform, of all things. She was studying the monitors as well, but she didn't know the city well enough to determine how the villains' location related to their own. Even as she stood watching the screen, she seemed to momentarily appear and disappear, finally ending up in her 'official' costume- though the first time it showed up it was on inside out...

>OOC: See OOC Thread for an extended discussion of how Rose has struggled with the 'Check Required' on her Instant Change...
User avatar
StarGuard
Posts: 929
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:23 am
Location: Indiana

Re: Young Protectors: Ravensport (IC)

Post by StarGuard »

Image
Rakshasa
aka Nameer
HP: 2 LP: 2
Condition: Normal (form)


"Dog is right, but Vulcan's infiltration plan is a good one. Arriving via teleport should give as the advantage of surprise and the roof is good cover just in case." Looking toward their current mentor "Apogee, have the Protectors informed the local constables about us settling in Ravensport? and will you be accompanying us?"

It's then Rakshasa sees Rose flickering here and there. "Presto, what's wrong? You can't be this nervous about some cold creeps can you? We bounce in, you and Devil dog set them up and Vulcan and I will knock them out, then back for pizza." Nameer tries to instill a relaxed attitude into Rose as much as possible. Truth is he knew very little of the four and was hoping Toby might have a better idea on them.

"Apogee, any chance these guys are in a database we have access to?
Last edited by StarGuard on Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
pathfinderq1
Posts: 856
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:04 pm

Re: Young Protectors: Ravensport (IC)

Post by pathfinderq1 »

"Not nervous, you big silly. Excited. This is what we're supposed to do, right? Show everybody we're ready?" Rose sounded oddly distracted, and most of her attention was focused on the big display screen. "Or, maybe call it 'warming up'- I mean, with bad guys like this, we don't want to go into the situation COLD, right?"

She moved a bit closer, now right in front of the main monitor- and a close glance showed that she was looking at the surroundings rather than the villains themselves. She reached up, making sure her comm-link was attached to her ear (her real ear, not the bunny ears sticking out of the hat that was part of her costume)- then reached out, as if to touch the screen.

And then she was gone. Well, not GONE gone- she was right there, visible on the monitor, on the roof overlooking the scene, far enough back from the edge that the villains wouldn't be able to see her. But she could wave at the camera.
Zero Prime
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:40 pm

Re: Young Protectors: Ravensport (IC)

Post by Zero Prime »

Vulcan
Hero Points: 2 of 2; Luck Points: 2 of 2
Condition: Vulnerable, Dazed.


Verdejo watched in fascination as the energy built up as she approached the monitor, she reached out a hand and was gone. There was no conversion of matter to energy, nothing. He'd have to inquire further as to the method of her teleportation, it was ... curious to say the least.

As interesting as her methodology was, she had now, perhaps rashly, placed herself into danger. There was no time to gather the information Nameer had requested. "We can't leave her facing those four alone, no?"

With that he concentrated, viewing his allies with a careful eye, their forms a myriad of near limitless complexity, he held those forms in his thoughts, closed his eyes and concentrated. There was a moment of disorientation, as the world shifted around them. Or at least it seemed like the world, when in fact, he had discorporated himself and his allies to their component molecules, transmitting those molecules to an energy state, allowing them to bypass the laws of physics upon both mass and distance, and then, behind the low roof of the building that they'd selected as their entry point, he brought them back, the release of energy resulting in a bright flare of white light.

"We're here!"

He sighed, slumped forward, but prepared himself for the inevitable confrontation that lie ahead of them.
OOC: Alright, seeing as Rose started it, let's jump right in. Vulcan will teleport to the spot we arranged on, anyone who wishes can arrive with him. And just for convenience sake, an Initiative check. Initiative Check vs Ice Agents: 1D20+0 = [11]+0 = 11. Incredibly average but it will have to do.
Post Reply