New Vindicators Academy of Europe (OOC - Full)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Michuru

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe (OOC - Full)

Post by Michuru »

What EO said.

It is abundantly clear that a lot of the campaign notes need updated. A good chunk of the characters never fully migrated from ATT to this forum. Some of the links in the campaign thread are dead, shooting to ATT or RA. Not that I suspect that this place will follow them into the dark at any time, but there is a part of me that wouldn't mind having everything in a single location.

The game would continue here, but I'm debating with organizing the campaign bible on Obsidian Portal. I've had an account there for other a decade and appreciate its longevity. Does anyone have a better idea than that?
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

So if TM's math is right Lex is sitting on 9 PP to use. Or at least the last time I updated his build he had used 144 points.
Got a few ideas, still thinking about it but I was curious to see if anybody would have any comments to add.
The biggest gag is even if I choose one I'll probably wait for a time jump before I start buying most of it.
Which means after this adventure, which probably means another PP.

Hand to hand combat build
2 Str (14 Str +2)
5 Strike (Four ranks with Mighty extra. Damage unarmed goes to +6)
1 Power Attack feat
1 AP: Lightning Sword off of Electrical attack
Pros: Gives Lex something he can use outside of his powers in terms of combat, pays for two things I wind up stunting all the time
Cons: Duplicate abilities

Rock God Build
2 Charisma (14 Cha +2)
2 4 Ranks Stage Presence (Cha limited to performance)
2 Second Chance (Strings, Singing)
2 Skill Mastery (Strings, Singing)
1 Attractive

Pros: Would bring perform up to +17, with either a chance to reroll, or the ability to always take ten for a 27. Unless you're a high school girl, then maybe attractive will bring it up to a 31.
Cons: Probably won't come into play in the game.

Magical dingus
Don't even know where to go with this one beyond some random thoughts.
Magic Sword - Could be funny to have Lex stuck with a sword that's basically following him around. Or something like Dyrnwyn, the Sword of Rhydderch Hael.
Bomber Jacket - Could do something with this, one of those things Lex is always wearing. But I'm not sure what to do since I can't really boost defense, and I've got a lot of the other stuff covered
Shoes - Lex's strangely indestructible shoes were something I set up a while back but never did anything with. Could add on some speedster feats, maybe?

Actually make Lex faster than a car in combat?
Blasphemy! ;~)
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Michuru wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:30 pm What EO said.

It is abundantly clear that a lot of the campaign notes need updated. A good chunk of the characters never fully migrated from ATT to this forum. Some of the links in the campaign thread are dead, shooting to ATT or RA. Not that I suspect that this place will follow them into the dark at any time, but there is a part of me that wouldn't mind having everything in a single location.

The game would continue here, but I'm debating with organizing the campaign bible on Obsidian Portal. I've had an account there for other a decade and appreciate its longevity. Does anyone have a better idea than that?
Don't have one, but I'm willing to help copy/paste and fill in stuff, so you don't have the entirety of the transfer workload on your shoulders.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Shock

Post by Shock »

I think presence of pregnancy is about the extent of what he should get as an aside while healing. Examining the baby (if there was one) should probably not be something he can do without being obvious about it. Knowing whether this is before pregnancy or after the birth should also take a more thorough examination.

Determining paternity would at minimum require he "knows" the father genetically already. Otherwise it's just a gene pattern of some random person.

It's up to you whether you want to ask for Notice or Science checks for him to pick up in subtle conditions or be able to interpret them correctly
Shock

Post by Shock »

Michuru wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:30 pm What EO said.

As we've learned, having a place for your stuff that's more or less under your control is probably a good idea.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

What Shock said. Also even better if it's easy to back up.
I love these boards for games but they are brutal to try to back up.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Arkrite wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:48 pm Alex "Current" Murphy
HP: 1 CND: Normal

Lex was mostly just surprised to discover that Dennis actually had a real name.
You mean Imago? If so, are you serious? :P
Games
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Man, I've been running with the joke that Lex has no idea what Imago's name was since they first ran into each other. ;~)
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Arkrite wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:06 pm Man, I've been running with the joke that Lex has no idea what Imago's name was since they first ran into each other. ;~)
Ah. Har har.
Games
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

While Martin is not capable of placing exactly where in her timeline this Drifter is from, he can estimate it is likely before the pregnant one they previously encountered, as healing her would let him pick up on her being pregnant, despite not showing it.

I'll admit to being fairly ignorant to how much more Martin could gleam from this. I feel that Martin could, bare minimum, detect if someone is pregnant through a number of means. Whether or not he can discern how far along a pregnancy is, gender of the child, potential birth defects, ect. is outside of my wheelhouse. I imagine he could determine paternity, but don't know how far along the pregnancy would have to be before he could make that determination. If anyone has a better idea of how much information Martin could gather from this, I'll likely yield to them.
Detecting pregnancy... there are a number of markers in the blood to tell when someone is actively pregnant. If her wounds were abdominal then he could tell if the flesh there had been stretched or not. If there had been a fetus there are other things he could determine by examining it directly (gender, paternity, development) (and if there HAD been abdominal wounds and she WAS pregnant he would have asked to examine the child as well).
"Something pithy this way comes."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Even with a good roll I largely expect that at best I will discover "yeah, some electricity around, but you don't recognize what they are", "No, you're doomed" or "Funny, there are seven tiny power sources heading right at you right now. Probably nothing. Please ignore it." ;~)
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

Almost two years ago, I made my way across the Atlantic and began to explore London. My first night there, I tried fish and chips (I have a "when in Rome" mindset) and... it was a thing. I don't normally enjoy fish. If I came out of the water, it better have had a shell, or I'm not going to find it delicious. Still, I tolerate it. What I got was the greasiest thing I have ever in my life tasted. Further, I do not recommend salt and vinegar as a pair for chips. Really, the most interesting part of it all was when I made the mistake of trying to tip the guy. He seemed perplexed as to why I would leave money at the bar and repeatedly tried to give it back, each time with a face showing more and more confusion.

The important part in this, however, is that I've stood where Lex and Tamati currently find themselves. The Victoria Memorial is breathtaking and much more enjoyable than the cuisine was. The weird part was that nobody pays any attention to anyone. Everyone is trying to get the perfect selfie. They walk into you, back into you... I feel like Lex could pull a boy made of water out of a magical messenger bag without drawing any attention.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Another evil Jack? How lovely.
Michuru wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:38 pm Almost two years ago, I made my way across the Atlantic and began to explore London. My first night there, I tried fish and chips (I have a "when in Rome" mindset) and... it was a thing. I don't normally enjoy fish. If I came out of the water, it better have had a shell, or I'm not going to find it delicious. Still, I tolerate it. What I got was the greasiest thing I have ever in my life tasted. Further, I do not recommend salt and vinegar as a pair for chips. Really, the most interesting part of it all was when I made the mistake of trying to tip the guy. He seemed perplexed as to why I would leave money at the bar and repeatedly tried to give it back, each time with a face showing more and more confusion.

The important part in this, however, is that I've stood where Lex and Tamati currently find themselves. The Victoria Memorial is breathtaking and much more enjoyable than the cuisine was. The weird part was that nobody pays any attention to anyone. Everyone is trying to get the perfect selfie. They walk into you, back into you... I feel like Lex could pull a boy made of water out of a magical messenger bag without drawing any attention.
I had an interesting time in London years ago as well. We'll see how well the tourist route and paying attention works for the Moscow team. Of course their abilities are best suited for avoiding it.
Games
Shock

Post by Shock »

What's the seat of government for France in this dimension? Are they using the Élysée Palace?
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

Shock wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:28 pm What's the seat of government for France in this dimension? Are they using the Élysée Palace?
Affirmative. My apologies. While my intention for this is to actually make everyone use some skill rolls, that's the sort of thing you really wouldn't need to roll for--as Sophie could have easily given you that information (and it would be stupid of her not to).