New Vindicators Academy of Europe (OOC - Full)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Arkrite

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe (OOC - Full)

Post by Arkrite »

Damn, I always get those two mixed up.
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

I love it Mich, looking forward to it. :D
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Does anyone have a link to the description of the school uniforms?
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

I think that the costumes are all just the full black costume with the white V on the chest, but each person can individualize theirs based on their powers or preference.
I believe that Fach has a skirt on hers, and that Gaspar's had no sleeves (to show off his "guns") and a rain coat.

Most of the uniforms offer protection, GPS, and immunity to environmental heat/cold.

I know in the Infinite New Vindicators game H&H had different uniforms for each year that the students were in, but I don't think that it translates over to this universe.
Freshmen: White bodysuit with a black "V" on the chest. Also includes black boots and black gloves.

Sophmores: Royal Blue bosysuit with a black "V" on the chest, black boots and gloves.

Juniors: Dark Purple bodysuit with a white "V" on the chest. Black boots and gloves.

Seniors: The senior uniform is identical to an official Vindicators uniform, being solid black with a white "V" on the chest. Black boots and gloves.

All students are allowed to modify their uniforms to suit their personal style preference with the exception of altering the hue of the bodysuit.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Arkrite wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:04 am I think that the costumes are all just the full black costume with the white V on the chest, but each person can individualize theirs based on their powers or preference.
I believe that Fach has a skirt on hers, and that Gaspar's had no sleeves (to show off his "guns") and a rain coat.

Most of the uniforms offer protection, GPS, and immunity to environmental heat/cold.
Yeah, that's what I remember seeing in the builds of various students.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Shock

Post by Shock »

I was playing around in City of Heroes character creator and came up with a few different styles that I thought might work. I think I like the first one the most but I'm curious about others' opinions.

ImageImageImage
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

In my imagining the V starts at the shoulders and travels as a slant to meet around the sternum.

More like dennis’s Picture on page 1 than jack and martins.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Shock

Post by Shock »

Yeah I wanted to make the V bigger but that's about all I can do within the confines of the system. It's either that or it's more of a V neck type thing instead of an actual V
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

As fortune would have it, I stumbled upon some of my old sketchbooks recently... There's another floating around with some other Oubliette stuff from... 13 years ago... but this gets the point across.

Please don't judge me too harshly for how terrible these are. :(

This is pretty much the standard uniform: black body suit with a white 'V', white gloves and boots. Done.

This was an early idea for Atlanta White. At this point, I was planning on the Affiliation killing her off. She was going to be the spoiled rich girl whom no one would really miss. Then I became enamored with the idea of making her this conservative Christian and the uniform looks nothing like this now. This is far too unladylike for Atlanta. Here, the alterations would come in the form of cutting off the legs, going with thigh-high boots, and instead of gloves, the bodysuit just continues down the arms, which isn't at all impossible to get into.

This is Cassie Goodman. That's... pretty much still how I imagine her. She would alter hers to be sleeveless and come down into a skirt. She would wear black and white stripped socks and a bandana to keep her hair back. The weird arm bracer thing baffles me. I don't know what I was thinking there.
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

I blame the 90s.
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

Tattooedman wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:56 pm I blame the 90s.
A few years ago, I tried (unsuccessfully) to run a game in a setting similar to The Tick or The Venture Bros. One of the enemies the PCs would sporadically have to deal with would be Deathblood, the most 90's character who ever lived...

Raised by time-traveling robot samurai from the fifty-first century, Deathblood is the clone of a tyrant born in Ancient Greece but now terrorizes the French Guiana of 4819. The two are perpetually fighting an endless war that for some reason keeps bringing them to the present. Deathblood's time machine is an Oldsmobile Tornado, and his weapon of choice is a comically large gun. My initial concept went through some changes as the character developed:

Deathblood sports exaggerated muscular anatomy. His torso is short, his legs are long and his feet are minuscule. Also, his feet are perpetually en pointe, because Deathblood did ballet.

Several of Deathblood’s body parts are out of proportion: his legs are five feet long while his torso is simply a foot and a half. His neck is nine inches and his arms are not the same length. His fingers taper down in length from index to pinky and the circumference of one of his arms likely surpasses your waist’s length.

Strange lines perpetually cover him. Further, on occasion a foreboding shadow will appear from nowhere and situate itself on the middle of Deathblood’s face. Always clean shaven, Deathblood’s hair is feathered and always has that hair-dryer look. Rather than sideburns, Deathblood sports two long braids that spill down the sides of his face. He also has a topknot, a ponytail and a French twist.

All of Deathblood’s shirts are sleeveless, double-breasted turtlenecks. Yeah, wrap your mind around that. He doesn’t wear pants—just tights. He is never seen without massive, metal shoulder pads, a rucksack, wrist gloves, knee pads and pouches. His belt is a line of pouches that sports a pouch for the buckle. Bandoleers decked in pouches cross his chest and pouch-covered garters are worn around his biceps and thighs. Actually, he wears two pouch-covered garters around his left thigh. Deathblood’s codpiece also has a pouch. His tights have back pockets and those pockets are pouches.

He also wears a boxing headpiece. Right in the middle of the forehead? Yup: another pouch.

On a related note, how does Rob Liefeld keep getting work?
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

That is the MOST 90s thing I have ever seen....~sniff, tears roll, sniff ~ he's beautiful. ;~)
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Michuru wrote: On a related note, how does Rob Liefeld keep getting work?
No clue, bit I'm pretty glad he doesn't. :mrgreen:
Shock

Post by Shock »

Mich, those are not at all terrible. I would love to be able to draw that well.

In other news, I'm back from my weekend in the mountains. Unfortunately, the brake line on my car decided to self-destruct under extreme stress on the drive home. I had some luck and managed to get it parked without incident but it's now in a shop about an hour from home and I won't even be able to talk to anyone until they open tomorrow morning.
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

Shock wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:05 amIn other news, I'm back from my weekend in the mountains. Unfortunately, the brake line on my car decided to self-destruct under extreme stress on the drive home. I had some luck and managed to get it parked without incident but it's now in a shop about an hour from home and I won't even be able to talk to anyone until they open tomorrow morning.
Yikes! Glad you're safe, sir! There really isn't much worse than not having your car...

So, the new fab around my neck of the woods is to remove barricades from construction zones. A few weeks ago, I was coming home from game night--about 11:30 or so at night... The city had cut a big swathe out of the road and set up barricades, but... someone moved them. At 11:30 PM, on the outskirts of town, you don't notice a giant hole in the road until you're on it. I swerved, but my front passenger tire went in and blew out. I got off to the side of the road and watched another guy do the same thing--sent his wheel well through his hood. The next guy went straight into the hole.

Messed up the front axle a bit, but we're back in shape and on the road. It could have gone a lot worse, I guess. Still, it sucked to be without my car for that long, you know? Like, you're just used to your car. It's an extension of you. You don't have to second guess if you have the room to park it or get change lanes... You know how much pressure to put on the gas to go as fast as you want. You just know it.