New Vindicators Academy of Europe (OOC - Full)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Arkrite

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe (OOC - Full)

Post by Arkrite »

Michuru wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:44 pm Please don't judge me too harshly for how terrible these are. :(
Can I judge you harshly for being a better artist than I am? ;~)
Looks pretty good to me.

Shock wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:05 am In other news, I'm back from my weekend in the mountains. Unfortunately, the brake line on my car decided to self-destruct under extreme stress on the drive home. I had some luck and managed to get it parked without incident but it's now in a shop about an hour from home and I won't even be able to talk to anyone until they open tomorrow morning.
I wanted to make a joke but... yikes, just yikes.
Glad to hear you're okay.
Of course now I'm having flash backs to Burn Notice. They had a video clip called "Ask a Spy" and one entire clip is what to do if somebody cuts your brake lines...
Michuru wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:04 pmSo, the new fab around my neck of the woods is to remove barricades from construction zones.
So apparently people in your neck of the woods consider attempted murder a fad?! :shock:
Sheesh, I really don't like humanity sometimes.
Can we launch them to Mars yet?
Shock

Post by Shock »

ImageImage

I found a couple of other patterns that come a little closer. I won't give up ;}
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Doing a quick health check. Last IC post was late July and I don't see any notices of hiatus, also the last time Michiru was on the site.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

From what I've gotten from him, Michuru has some family issues going on.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Shock

Post by Shock »

Much like my soon to be teenage son, it's alive but not very active
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Trying to get myself writing again so I popped together a little interlude piece.

Juke Box Hero
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

So, since I am fond of music and enjoy sharing this kind of stuff:

The song Lex sang was Mister Jones by Counting Crows.

As for sounding like you have a full band while playing the guitar, I have a couple interesting ones.
The guy playing this song always amuses me because he is literally retuning his guitar mid-note to get a different sound, not to mention using various parts of his gutair and hands for some pretty good percussion.
Passion Flower by Jon Gomm
He doesn't start doing anything unusual until 45 seconds in and the song doesn't really get started until about 1:04 in.

Rodrigo y Gabriela are also a fun duo who manage to make two guitars sound like a lot more than just two acoustic guitars.
Rodrigo y Gabriela - Diablo Rojo

And to promote a Canadian band... How about some Mother Mother?
Mother Mother - It's Alright (Acoustic)
Shock

Post by Shock »

I was with you until Counting Crows. Not a fan.

A cute little story. As good as he is, I expect word will spread quickly. Lex will love being famous ;}
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Shock wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:34 pm I was with you until Counting Crows. Not a fan.
Nobody ever said my taste in music was good! ;~)

I've got a few songs that are well liked that I despise with a fiery passion, it tends to confuse some people.
I've also been informed some of the songs I like aren't very good.
And that the artists are horrible people.

In my defense... I don't generally look that deep into it.

As for that one? I've been sitting on that song for a few years looking for a chance to use it since the whole Cosmic Kender showed up. Easy enough to tweak for some fun.

A cute little story. As good as he is, I expect word will spread quickly. Lex will love being famous ;}
Oh man, he's going to be miserable ;~)

I've done a lot of poking around trying to learn about being in a band, recording songs, trying to hit it big, things you should try to do, and try to avoid.

Unsurprisingly one of the big suggestions: Don't (LITERALLY) kick a fan off the stage when the climb up to get a selfie.
Yeah, singer literally planted a boot against her but and shoved her off the stage. That band was promptly banned from that venue for life.
Also loved the suggested approach that Pantera took. Lady climbed up onto the stage, so the singer shrugged, and started helping all the cute women he could see up on the stage to dance until the song was over, shook their hands and security helped them back to their seats. :lol:

There is a lot of interesting things about that world, and a lot of really faceplam worthy nonsense.
But making it big? Talent is good, but it seems like a lot of companies are more interested in if you look pretty or have a unique sound. And there's a giant pool of talent to pull from.
And then making a lot of money? Good luck.
If you sign with a company they take the lion's share of any money you make, to the point that a lot of bands on tour make no real money from CD sales or even the shows themselves. They are largely making money from the merchandise they sell at the shows.
It's crazy.

Just looking at Lex right now I can only really see two ways he makes it in the future. One he cuts ties with the world saving and does the rockstar thing... or he starts working for the British under Kirstie's father.
And the rockstar thing is half something he wants to do, and the only shot he sees at being rich.
The poor boy doesn't believe the rich girl who lived in a mansion will want to be with him if he can't provide a nice life...

Have another story that's been sitting on the side for about a half a year or more now. Need to rescue it from my old hard drive.
Then you can enjoy even more terrible music ;~)
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Let me know when this starts up again.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Merry Christmas to all.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Merry Christmas :)
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Happy Holidays everyone!
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year everybody! (Yeah I'm taking a headstart ;) )
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Happy New Year!
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe