New Vindicators Academy of Europe #30: Allegory of Prudence (M&M 2E - IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Gilliam

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #29: The Son of Man (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Gilliam »

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens
HP: 2
Condition: Normal

Realising that there was a lot of history that he didn't really know, Tamati was still able to pick up that this Applebottom woman was some sort of politician who was prepared to throw anyone under the bus if it made her look like she was doing something and wasn't worried about letting the facts get in the way of a good story.

Fortunately Tamati had been able to grab a few minutes with Shelby before this latest briefing and had promised that he was going to be careful ... really I mean it ... really ... but the goodbye kiss was more than worth it. Now he was trying to look like he knew what was going on although he couldn't help grinning at the implied comment from Robyn that she was going to take care of Applebottom if no one else did, probably something more than a love potion or what she had done to those other criminals on their last trip abroad.
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

NVAE, FRONT QUAD (Lex; NPCs: Kirstie)
"Oh, I got ideas on how to hurt people. Like I said, Mister Noble said that I should be able to fire it from any part of my body, but I have an easier time aiming if I direct it from my fist. But what if I don't aim it?" She bit her bottom lip. "Okay, just..." She started to back up. "Get back by the doors."

Once she was a good distance from everything, Kirstie clinched her fists. "Unnnnngh!" She was surrounded in a blue flash. It was like a globe encapsulating her. The moment is vanished, the ground around her rippled outward an her hair went straight up into the air. She wavered slightly. Her knees looked as though they might go out. This was a trick that taxed her, Lex realized as he ran to catch her sagging body. It was taxing, but looking at the way the grass was pressed flat to the ground, she was able to hit everything within a fifty-foot radius, give or take.

When he had her, he could hear her labored breathing. "No more... protecting me..." She told him. "Now I... protect you..." She gently pushed him back, determined to stand on her own. "C'mon... Need to go get... suited up...

"Nice notes about... feinting... Gonna try it..."

NVAE, SUBLEVEL: WAR ROOM (Dennis, Jack, Otso, Tamati, Violet; NPCs: Backlash, the Drifter, Ellen, Fiore, Hubris, Kas, Kiln, Pict, Puck)
"I know it's going to be tough, but you're Augustus Lear's daughter. You're made of far tougher. And if you don't--if no one stops her--then this sort of madness will just continue to spread."

Violet stiffened at Robyn's lecture. "I don't know a thing about her and I'd rather keep it that way." The temperature in the room returned to normal. "And you're one to go on about stopping madness."

Rising to her feet, Violet took out her mobile. "I'd like to ring my Dad. Can you give me a moment?" She was dialing him before she had even left the room.

"Let's not forget Applebottom," Dennis said, once she had left, "because she's going to continue the madness as well. What we're lacking is someone being able to say: 'I know how to make that happen.' Because unpleasant as it is, she is the Director. Even Applebottom destroying her credibility inside the agency doesn't matter if her superiors don't know it, aren't going to drop her in the trash..."

Dennis realized what he was saying. "In other words, we need HMG to be done with Francine Applebottom, and done yesterday. If there's a way to make her look absolutely incompetent during this hunt, since she brought this into the public and staked MI-18's name on it, that might do the trick. I guess the question is... how are we going to do that?"

A mischievous grin spread across Puck's face. "I know how to make that happen," it said. "But first, we should really do something about getting us back to one Martin. It's getting a tad bit confusing as to which one people are talking about."

NVAE, SUBLEVEL: WRECK ROOM (Current, Fluxx, Greystone, Imago, Shiver, Taheka, Ursa; NPCs: Backlash, the Drifter, Fach, Fiore, Hubris, Kiln, Magnitude, Martin, Maze, Mezzanine, Newton, Parabola, Pict, Puck, Sidestep)
"First off," Martin said, looking over everyone present in the room, "let me begin by apologizing for my behavior. It was unbelievably unbecoming of me to so much as insinuate that I would cause 'arm to any of you and I am truly ashamed of my behavior. I could try to explain, but... it would just be me making excused for what is inexcusable.

"I am sorry.

"Now, it seems as zough we know to what purpose I was brought 'ere. You all know ze details--zere is no point in rehashing it. Zere are several potential locations for Entier's lab." He brought up a map with seven pins scattered about Paris--three of which were in Paris itself. "Given zat most of Reynard's activities are contained to Paris, it is safe to presume 'e is using one of zese facilities. As one of ze labs is really only suited for botanical research, we can safely zeorize zat is must be one of ze other two. 'Owever, I do not feel zat flipping a coin in zis matter is ze most expedient solution. From each laboratory, my mozer was able to monitor ze ozers. If we choose the wrong one, we may tip our hand to Reynard and he will be in ze wind.

"We need to hit both simultaneously. I propose zat Magnitude take 'is team to one location, while Liz and I approach the other." This proposal seemed to surprise and disappoint Magnitude.

"Meanwhile, Kiln's team will be targeting zis facility. According to ze intelligence MI-18 provided Martin, zis may be where ze assassins are located.

"Lastly, ze third team will be prepared to rendezvous with any ozer group zat runs into trouble.

"Any issues?"
Alpha: Fach, Fluxx, Greystone, Imago, Magnitude, Shiver

Beta: Backlash, Hubris, Kiln, Pict, Puck, Taheka

Gamma: Current, Fiore, Maze, Parabola, Sidestep, Ursa

Delta: The Drifter, Martin Morel
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
Arkrite

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #27: The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Arkrite »

Alex "Current" Murphy
HP: 0 CND: Normal

"Nice," Lex says as he stays close to Kirstie as she slowly walks back to the school, "But I'm talking options. Right now you got a couple of really powerful attacks, but one leaves you wide open, and the other whips you out."

"So you have your big powerful attack, and your crowd clearing attack, but what if you just want to smack down three thugs without flattening people nearby or putting yourself at risk, or making your run out of steam?"
Lex asks, he shrugs, "Sorry, just kind of... I think about this stuff, like, all the time."

"People want me dead, how are they going to do it? How can I counter that? What are my weak points? How do I fix that?"
He grimaces, "I have two big obvious problems. One is that I'm squishy, and if you can take away my electricity I'm pretty much useless."

"Armor seems like the smart move to deal with the squish, but it slows me down and makes it harder for me to avoid being hit. Maybe I need to see if I can activate my healing without a direct power source?"
He sighs, "As for the other? I'm thinking I need to learn how to kick ass the old fashion way. Bare fists, knees and kicking $#@)."
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

"I was studying karate my freshman year. I was pretty good, too! I, uh... sort of neglected it most of last year... Iwasdistractedbysomething..."

"I'm with you on the armor: it would slow my movements down. Our uniforms--oh, we have these uniforms the school gave us. They're black with white 'V's. You should see them." She flashed her boyfriend a teasing smile. "They protect us from the elements, have a GPS tracker so that they can find us if something bad happens, and a small bit of Kevlar body armour... I mean, they're not going to stop bullets, but they do give a bit more padding against punches and such...

"Also, it's pretty form-fitting, and I've been told myrearlooksquitegoodinit..."
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

NVAE, SUBLEVEL: HALLWAY (Violet; NPCs: Augustus)
The phone rang twice before her father answered with an enthusiastic, "Hullo from Ethiopia!"
Arkrite

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #27: The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Arkrite »

Alex "Current" Murphy

"That's hardly a good point. Your rear looks good in anything," Lex smiles before shaking his head.

"My jacket is pretty much just as good. Swear Martin tweaked it so he wouldn't have to have me asking him to fix it so often," He stuffs his hands in his pockets, "And... I don't really agree with the Vindicators. The last two I even liked aren't here any more. Last thing I feel like doing is slapping on heir colours like I'm a big fan and I'm cool with everything."
Shock

Post by Shock »

Violet Lear (on the phone)
HP: 4

"Balls." The curse slipped out before Violet could stop it. "Er... sorry, Dad." She had forgotten he was on off on one of his projects. He probably had no idea what was going on. "I just forgot you were away."

"Anyhow, I guess you haven't watched the news. Black Ice-"
Violet swallowed hard "-she's killed some French minister. For- for some criminal types. And Applebottom's gone on TV saying that she's a Neo named Violet Lear and MI-18 is going to take her down. And... I'm scared they're going to come after me too. And...

My God, Mum's going to lay an egg."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Fluxx did NOT like Martin going practically alone to one of these locations. He could think of a good objection though.

“Given that I’ve not openly revealed myself in this dimension, and that you are essentially an older me, would you be willing to wear a disguise or mask to protect my identity?”

“And in the past it’s been helpful if a member from the different teams wear a bracelet of my fashioning as back up communication. I’d ask the same this time.”
Fluxx asks.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Shock

Post by Shock »

Violet Lear (wreck room)

"What about security? Are we going to be walking into booby traps?"
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

"I'll be in Vienna as soon as I can," her father said. "No one is going to come after you. Not without going through me first. I love you, Violet. I won't let anything happen to you. Do you understand me?"

Kirstie frowned. "I know I'm young," she said slowly, "and I have a long way to go to figure this kind of stuff out... but I keep wondering about what I'm going to do after I leave here. Maybe I would go to college and then come back here to teach. Maybe help people like myself? Help mold the next generation. I think I'd hate that, though. I mean, I'd feel like I was sitting on the sidelines, watching everyone else go save the world. I hate that. I hate doing it now. I hate feeling useless while you and Jack and Martin and everyone else is so... so amazing.

"When the last semester ended, Violet and Eve went off with her father to actually use their powers to do some good in the world. I felt really envious. I mean, they're bringing water to people who need it. My powers wouldn't let me do anything there. I'd be so useless.

"I thought about maybe going home and joining MI-18, but then I see things like this and... how easy it is to just... warp what they're supposed to be... I don't think that's for me. I want to help people, Lex. I know I'm not the strongest power-wise, but I want to help.

"Honestly, I think I want to be a Vindicator. I think I want to be deployed to where things are the worst. I want to jump in and stop people from using their powers to hurt other people.

"Would you think less of me for wearing that uniform?"

NVAE, SUBLEVEL: WRECK ROOM (Current, Fluxx, Greystone, Imago, Shiver, Taheka, Ursa; NPCs: Backlash, the Drifter, Fach, Fiore, Hubris, Kiln, Magnitude, Martin, Maze, Mezzanine, Newton, Parabola, Pict, Puck, Sidestep)
Martin rolled his eyes at his younger self's insistence on a disguise. "I will abide by your wishes, pointless zough I believe zem to be.

"As far as booby traps... non. Not ze sort you may zink. My mozer created a sentient security system. Essentially, motion censors would awaken a lifeform she made who would present itself as a security guard." He morphed his appearance then, shifting into a being that was clearly an adult version of Elle. "Mozer was aware zat an innocent person could simply wander in, and did not wish to simply... melt someone for being in ze wrong place at ze wrong time." Martin reverted to his form then. "The guard would approach and communicate that ze trespasser should turn back. If our guests refuse, zey will become 'ostile. If a zreat is assessed, the guard will escalate."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Fluxx nods. "Let us be prepared for anyzing any'ow. In zis universe mozer 'ad ze full resources of a terrorist organization." he reminds everyone.

He'll use the two smallest fingers on either hand to create bracelets for Otso, Drifter, Violet, and Tatjana. He incorporates just enough of his Vindicator outfit to give the 'bracelets' thermal and structural reinforcement properties (especially needed in the case of Violet). He instructs the bearers to tap on them repeatedly if trying to get his attention.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Alex "Current" Murphy

"What you're wearing isn't as important as why. Least that's what I think," Lex says after considering the question for a moment.

"You want to change a group for the better, or help people, I can't argue with that. Heaven knows MI-18 could use a few more people on the inside trying to keep it from being warped," Lex looks up at the sky.

"I'm going to tell you what my Dad told me. If you do a good deed, you should do it because it's the right thing to do, you shouldn't expect anything in return," He frowns, "I think I've had one person say thanks. I was so surprised I panicked."

"Just saying: It's not glamours,"
He sighs, "On the bright side, no paparazzi, so silver linings, ya know?"

"Honestly, though? I'm not going to feel different about you. Though I'll probably feel about as happy about you running towards trouble as you feel about me doing it,"
He gives Kirstie a small grin.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Violet Lear (on the phone)

"I know you wouldn't, Dad. But how long? What if they put me on some list?" Violet didn't want to have to worry about being stalked by MI-18 her whole life. "What if Applebottom flags me as some kind of terrorist?"
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

"She won't if she knows what's good for her," her father said. "Honey, do you trust me? I'm going to handle this. I'm going to make sure nothing happens to you."

Kirstie hugged his arm as they made their way to the meeting. "So, we make a promise: you don't die on me, and I don't die on you. Deal?"

With the bracelets passed out, Martin morphed. His body was glad in the same uniform the Vindicators were wearing, albeit with a major change: the colours were inverted. Clad in white, with a black 'V' across his chest, he reached back and pulled a hood up and over his skull. Soon, the upper half of his face was hidden under a cowl. "Is zere anyzing else?" he asked.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Alex "Current" Murphy

"No dying. Deal," Lex says then adds, "That being said I am willing to make an exception for spontaneous Resurrection, but I reserve the right to be emotional and confused for at least a month afterwards."