New Vindicators Academy of Europe #30: Allegory of Prudence (M&M 2E - IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Arkrite

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Arkrite »

Alex "Current" Murphy
HP: 6 CND: Staggered, Stunned

If he had been feeling a little stunned to start with, the revelation that they'd missed three months and the sudden make-out session wasn't helping him get his bearings.

At first he just went along with the makeout session out of shock and teenage hormones. After a minute or two he clued into the fact that they were out in the open, and suddenly embarrassment was starting to win out.

"mm, Kirfdie?" He mumbled around kisses, "Kirfdie?"
Michuru wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:08 pmShe sat up suddenly and punched him hard in the chest. “Where the bloody hell have you been!?!” she roared.
"Ow," Lex yelped in surprise and pain, "Hey Wai-"
Michuru wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:08 pm“Do you know what you’ve blood well put me through!?!” She punched him again—this time slugging him in the shoulder.
"Ow," He yelped again, "I'm sorr-"
Michuru wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:08 pm“All this time, we didn’t know if you were dead or still trapped on that stupid ship! Then the lot of you just show up like nothing happened!?!”
"It was onl-"
Michuru wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:08 pmShe punched him in the jaw and then her eyes bulged.
The only thing he saw was a flash of white, then red then black as he went completely limp. A few seconds later his eyes flickered open again as a splitting headache erupted somewhere behind his eyeballs.

"Ow! The hell?!"

Michuru wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:08 pm “I’m sorry!” she proclaimed, dropping down to kiss him again.
Lex flinched holding his arms up in front of him then pushing Kirstie's shoulder weakly, trying to escape from under her, "No. Off. Off."

Michuru wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:08 pm “I’m sorry, it’s… it’s been… You’ve been missing for months and no one knew if you were… Well… You know, and I… I… I’vebeenbabysittingourgrandsonalotandsometimesandthissituationisreallymessedup.”
"I get it," Lex grumbled, "I do but-"

Michuru wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:08 pmHer eyes lit up with realization. “Your dad!” She fumbled about for her phone. “I have to tell him! Your dad is going to flip when he finds out!” She froze suddenly, with her fingers hovering over the buttons. “Actually, m-maybe I should just leave—let you tell… I… I mean, y-you…” She couldn’t make eye contact with him anymore. “There’s this little girl your dad… She…” She took a deep breath. “ShethinksJackandIareherparentsbutit’snottruesopleasedon’thateme.”
Lex, expecting to be cut off, declares loudly and quickly, "Her name is Ultramauler and she's $*#(ing adorable!"

He gives Kirstie a look that dares her to disagree before he sighs and props his aching head in his hands, "I get it, okay, I'm sorry. I know what it's like, I've been there. I've lost somebody too."

He holds up his phone so she could see the date and time listed, "But I saw you less than four hours ago, see? I'm not trying to be mean, I'm really not. I thought it was hours, not months. Drifter must have teleported us through time or something."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Merle Tremblay
HP: 2 LP:2 Condition: Normal

Merle scowled, this was a mistake.

But he did like the strange red haired girl, and his professional pride was on the line. If he was alive he had to try.

He opened a portal back to the hallway he'd left, stepping out and looking around rapidly. To his surprise the crazy evil woman was dead in the hall with a sword jammed clean through her.

With a surprised sniff, he continued looking until he saw Eve.

She was dead. He felt that faint pang of sadness again.

There was only one last longshot he could try.

"I need to teleport her back to the school. The doctor's powers might be able to heal her," Merle said, kneeling by Eve's side.
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Ursa
HP: 8
Cnd: Home

Otso stood spellbound in her doorway, a nagging thought at the back of his mind reminding him that according to Kirstie, they'd been gone for three months. But he didn't care. She was alive. He'd been so scared to come home only to find her gone as well. Just like...

Tears welled up in Otso's eyes as he strode across the room to close the distance between them. He broke down completely when he embraced her, the bear hug surprisingly firm yet tender at the same time. "It's me Bea, I'm home. I... I'm home." It was all he could manage between sobs as he held her tight, scared to death of losing her if he let her go.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens
HP: 1
Condition: Bruise x3

Cacophony rushed for Taheka then and put her arms around him. She was the grown-up daughter of Viktor DeGallow and Sarah Nelson. Prodigy presumed that she had inherited her parents’ powers—including her father’s knack of extending his invulnerability to whomever he touched.
Regaining his feet, Taheka wasn't sure what Cacophony was trying to do but it did make him feel better.
Prodigy wrote: “It’s done,” Prodigy said. “The course is programmed. There is no stopping it. Right now, we need to concern ourselves with getting off of this ship before it shifts, or we’re going to trapped in an infinite loop. You can all hate me as much as you want AFTER we evacuate.”

Tantivy looked over the rest of Delta Team and ran.

“See? Even she has the right idea.” He said something in Romanian to Ogre—something that caused her to stand down. “Well, you two? Think you can play nice until we get off this ship?”
"You effing little @#$#@#$ .." shaking off Cacophony Taheka stepped forward throwing a wild swing that missed Prodigy by a mile while still calling him every name under the sun he could think off. Fortunately his Mother wasn't here to hear it otherwise she would have been washing his mouth out with soap and water.

Shoulders slumping as the impact of Tantivy fleeing and realising that he had failed Taheka stepped back lifting is hands to show he was done for now "Yes I will play nice" Taheka spat out at Prodigy, his voice tired and exhausted.

Turning round Taheka looked straight through Ogre as though she didn't exist before wrapping his arms round Cacophony.

Even though he hated to do so Taheka asked "So how do we get off this ship?"

Unarmed Attack
Taheka Punch: 1D20+5 = [14]+5 = 19

And should be a miss, I was hoping to punch him in the nose but it can wait.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Greystone:
[Jack Rexroth]
HP: 2
Condition: Bruised

Jack smirked slightly as Tristan was stopped cold in the webbing trap he'd hastily thrown up, he needed something to go their way right now. Key rejoined them at that point and was looking over Eve.
"I need to teleport her back to the school. The doctor's powers might be able to heal her," Merle said, kneeling by Eve's side.
Jack's eyes widened at the teleporter's statement. "Do it, but take the others with you and drop them at our school then come back for me."
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Shock

Post by Shock »

Violet Lear
HP: 13
Location - Team Alpha, E6
Condition: Bruised 1, Fatigued

"Please hurry. She's my best friend." Violet was struggling to keep from breaking down completely. She helped Merle gather Eve into his arms, then stood. "I'll stay. You might need help, Jack."
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Greystone:
[Jack Rexroth]

Jack was impressed that Violet offered to stay with him, he thought she'd go with Eve's body. "Alright, your call."
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Merle Tremblay
HP: 2 LP:2 Condition: Normal

Rather than argue he simply says, "I will return." before opening a portal below himself and disappearing with Eve.

If there was any chance of saving the girl he didn't have time to wait around for them. There would be plenty of time later.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Violet Lear
HP: 13
Location - Team Alpha, E6
Condition: Bruised 1, Fatigued

Violet sighed and wiped her eyes. "I can't help Eve but I can help make sure she has a world to come back to."
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Greystone:
[Jack Rexroth]

Jack nodded his head again to Violet. "Good way to look at it."

He then turned his attention to Tristan. "I've seen enough death today, so I'll make you a deal - how about we go our seperate ways for now? You've got a legit beef with me but we can settle up with each other when several worlds aint on the line."

"Go home to your family Tristan."
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

ALPHA TEAM (Greystone and Shiver; NPCs: Candyman and Viscosity)
The sight of the French speedster caught in his web brought a smile to Greystone’s face. Finally, it felt like things were beginning to go their way…

Key reappeared in the hall behind him. “I need to teleport her back to the school,” he said, kneeling beside Eve’s body. “The doctor’s powers might be able to heal her.”

Greystone knew Doctor Bacon’s powers wouldn’t let him help her and realized what Key meant: the doctor at his school. Key was saying there was a chance, but he would need to take her to his dimension. With the bridge up ahead, the conclusion of this nightmare was drawing nigh. If they were successful, it might leave Eve stranded there.

“Do it,” he told the tall boy, “but take the others with you and drop them at our school. Then come back for me.”

“I’ll stay,” Shiver said, “you might need help, Jack.”

“All right,” Greystone said, impressed at her tenacity, “your call.”

She helped Key to gather up her best friend and took a moment to take one last look at Eve. “Please hurry,” she said. “She’s my best friend.”

Key nodded to her, then looked to Greystone. “I will return,” he said, taking Eve, Viscosity, and Candyman away.

“I can’t help Eve,” Shiver said, wiping her eyes, “but I can help make sure she has a world to come back to.”

Greystone nodded, but didn’t tell her what he feared: that it may very likely have been the last time she saw her friend. “Good way to look at it.”

He marched forward and looked Tristan in the eyes. “I’ve seen enough death today, so I’ll make you a deal: how about we go our separate ways for now? You’ve got a legit beef with me, but we can settle up with each other when several worlds ain’t on the line.”

Shifting a talon, Greystone cut the speedster free. “Go home to your family, Tristan.”

Tristan hesitated for a moment. He was grinding his teeth; his fists shook. He wanted nothing more than to avenge his brother, but knew how futile it was. “This isn’t over,” he growled before speeding off.

Greystone turned down the hallway, and led Shiver to the bridge.

The doors opened. There were only two members of the Armada here: the Adversary and the Admiral.

Every villain Greystone had faced—Iconoclast, Laputa, the mages, Blackguard, Caballero… They liked to talk. They liked to lord over their opponents how much more powerful or smarter or stronger they were. They never wasted an opportunity to boast.

The moment Greystone and Shiver came through the doors, a black spike ruptured out of the floor between them. The two dodged it, but the message was clear: Chen-Lei had nothing to prove to either of them. He was simply going to bring an end to this fight.
Michuru wrote:Image

The Order, Round Four
  • Shiver (F6 - 25)
  • The Admiral (E3 - 23)
  • Key (7)
  • Greystone (E6 – 6)
  • The Adversary (G2 – 1)
First, hero point to Jack for letting Tristan leave. That caught me off guard.

To save time, I figure we can just recycle the initiatives. I’m just putting Jay last.

I’m cheating a smidge and having Chen-Lei toss a spike just to kick things off. No attack roll. No saves. It’s not hitting anyone. We’ll start the round with Violet, Shock.
ALPHA TEAM (Key; NPCs: Argento)
After leaving Candyman and Viscosity at their school, Key teleported with Eve’s body to his home dimension. He had earned some startled looks and mortified expressions showing up with her in his arms, but Viscosity had started to tell them the plan as he left.

Now he teleported to the infirmary, placing Eve at Rosalynda Argento’s feet.

BETA TEAM (Lex; NPCs: Kirstie)
"Her name is Ultramauler and she's $*#(ing adorable!"

Kirstie shot him a deadpan look. “Doctor Bacon wanted to run some tests. She’s my daughter. Sure, she’s adorable, but she’s also…” She sighed and let her arms fall limp at her sides. “I don’t know how to explain it.”

Lex sighed and propped his aching head in his hands. “I get it, okay. I’m sorry. I know what it’s like. I’ve been there. I’ve lost somebody too.”

“You don’t get it,” Kirstie said.

Lex talked over her, holding up his phone so she could see the date and time listed. “But I saw you less than four hours ago, see? I’m not trying to be mean. I’m really not. I thought it was hours, not months. Drifter must have teleported us through time or something.”

“I don’t love her!”

Her exclamation took him off guard.

“Ultra Mauler. I… She’s adorable, yes, and according to Doctor Bacon, she is my biological daughter, but I’m not her mom, Lex. Her mom is some other woman in some other dimension and every time she sees me, she calls me that and I get that she had a rough life, but that doesn’t make her my problem, does it?” She was breathing heavy. She seemed on the cusp of hyperventilating. “Everyone acts like I’m a terrible person because I don’t want her around me, but I just…” She threw her hands up in defeat. “I can’t be who she expects me to be. I don’t want to be with Jack. I don’t want her to stay in my room. I…” She broke down crying. “Everyone keeps saying I’m a horrible mother, but I can’t be because I’m not a mother period.”

BETA TEAM (Otso; NPCs: Beatrice)
He wrapped his arms around her and she hugged him back. He heard her sniff. At first, he mistook it for a sniffle, only to realize she was sniffing him—trying to take in his smell.

His eyes went to her bed. There was a book open next to where she’d been sitting. It looked ancient: worn, yellowed parchment showed pages written in a language he wasn’t familiar with, showing a drawing depicting four robed men stabbing another figure—a naked man—and catching his blood in chalices.

Before he could question it, Beatrice grabbed his head and guided her lips to hers. “Tu m'as tellement manqué,” she said between kisses. “Tu m'as tellement manqué.”
”I have missed you so much.”
GAMMA TEAM (Imago; NPCs: Hemophiliac)
“I guess it all did work,” Imago said as he surveyed the scene. “Now we hope everyone else to make it back.”

“I don’t know about your friends,” Hemophiliac said. “Mine?” She let out a short chuckle. “They’ll be fine. It takes more than interdimensional pirates to kill us off.” The short girl cast him a smile that seemed so out of place given all they had just gone through. “I’m Bianca, by the way.”

GAMMA TEAM (Prehistoric; NPCs: Paramour)
“I don’t think I could pilot one of those things very well. Let’s fly ourselves down.”

Paramour nodded and followed David through the energy field that separated the interior of the ship from the atmosphere outside. She immediately regretted such a decision. This high up, the air was thin. She suddenly felt nauseous and dizzy headed. It was hard to discern which Earth they called home. It was all she could do to follow Prehistoric.

As they drew nearer to the ground, it became easier to fly. They left the higher elevation for something more tolerable. She realized now that they had a tail—a ship flying after them. Fearing the worst, she fired at it. It must have been the altitude sickness that left her aim off: she missed the ship by a wide margin.

DELTA TEAM (Taheka; NPCs: Cacophony, Ogre, Prodigy, Tantivy)
Taheka’s words were filled with as much ice as his stare was. “So how do we get off this ship?”

“Follow me,” Prodigy said. “There’s a docking bay not far off. If we hustle-”

“What about them?” Cacophony asked, looking to where their enemies were laying.

“Didn’t they just kill Shakes?” Prodigy asked. “Trust me: they deserve this. We need to move.”

Prodigy led them back through the ship and up into a docking bay. “Right now, the ship is running on reserve power,” he said. “It started to fall, but some stabilizers kicked in. We’re probably breathing what’s left of the oxygen. Lights are down to a power-saving setting.” He continued to rattle off points about the Elpis’ power-saving mode before getting to the important part: “Really, the batteries will only keep enough power in it for a final shift. Once it does, they have a-”

“Can you please talk about something else?” Cacophony asked. “Anything.”

“Fine,” Prodigy said. “I’m curious about your respective home worlds.” He looked at Cacophony. “Yours, especially. Your parents are Viktor DeGallow and Sarah Nelson?” When she nodded, he nodded in return. “They’re classmates of mine. Your world is a possible future for me. I’m curious where things went off the rails for you.”

The dark-haired girl shrugged. “Maybe a few years ago—two or three. Things had gotten kind of peaceful. There were so many teams of Vindicators all around the world. They’d pretty much eradicated super-human crime. Nobody needed the Vindicators, so they decided to start taking them out.

“I was asleep. Mom screamed. There were men—soldiers—in our home. We lived on campus. They came for us. Mister Murphy was leading them.”

“Murphy?” Prodigy asked. “Lex?”

“No,” Cacophony said. “His brother. He knew the school. He grew up there. He led the strike. Mom was fighting them off. She told dad to get me to safety. Dad grabbed me and we went through the wall.

“It was the last time I saw her.”

“I’m sorry,” Prodigy said as he opened a hatch. “I know what it’s like to lose your mother.”

“We found Rosalyn—Ultra Mauler—and dad told me to take her and keep going. He said he was going back for mom. He never came back. We ran into some of the others—other students who were fleeing. The men caught up to us. I thought we were done for. Then Paladin showed up. He just… appeared. He just came right out of the air. He saved us. Took us all in. Not a lot of us made it. Sometimes, they would find us—pick a few off. In the end, the five of us were the only ones left.”

Prodigy led them through a door and onto the floor of a docking bay. “Everyone climb aboard,” he said, leading them onto a ship. In moments, the ship rose up and flew out of the Elpis.

EPSILON TEAM (Fluxx)
Continuing on his way through the ship, Fluxx ran into another member of the Armada. The man looked like an older Peter Dragunsky—one of the students of the New Vindicators Academy of Asia he had helped. Peter’s power allowed him to emit an explosive burst of power from his body that he could command to only affect things that met criteria he decided.

“You need to get off the ship,” the Russian said to him. “The ship is losing power.”

He didn’t wait for Martin to say anything else—simply continued on his way to leave the ship.

EPSILON TEAM (Cooker; NPCs: Ion)
“I’ll go where they’re going,” Cooker said, watching Prehistoric and Paramour flying off. “Shouldn’t you be going with Fach?”

“I’m not from her world,” Ion said as the shuttle door closed. “Honestly, at this point, I don’t really have a home world. I guess it doesn’t matter where I go.”

Paramour took notice of them following her to the ground. She turned and sent a bolt of cosmic energy flying past them. “Dammit,” Ion hissed, “your friend thinks we’re the bad guys. Got any ideas?”

ZETA TEAM
Eric reappeared in the Wreck Room, followed by Mister and Missus Forbes and their daughter Kim. As they appeared, John put his arms around his girlfriend before she moved to introduce the boy to her parents.

Eric made his way to Dirk. “Who’s next?” he asked.

Dirk looked nervously to Allegra. “My father,” she said sadly.

Eric sighed. “And I get to cross ‘break into Alcatraz’ off my bucket list. Awesome.”

As he disappeared with Allegra, Dirk looked around the room. Most of the students were gathered here. A few of the more powerful ones had gone to the front lines—to help the Vindicators try and prevent Apocatastasis from making his way to the school, where a veritable smorgasbord of abilities awaited him.

Looking down at the clipboard he carried, he saw that there weren’t very many family members for Eric left to rescue. It made him sick—having the teleporters work retrieve the loved ones of the students. It was taking too long to individually locate each and every person when they could be evacuating large swathes of people.

Fortunately, while Eric and Abe worked to grab individuals, their respective mothers were working to evacuate the city, to minimize the number of casualties the battle with the immortal Nephilim would cause. It had been a few minutes since Abe’s mother had checked in, leading Dirk to fear that she may have been caught in the battle.

Abe walked out of the air, accompanied by Wendy, her parents, and sisters, and nephew. As Dirk checked them off the list, Abe looked over his shoulder. “Lucia!” he called out. “You’re up! You got your family?”

The young woman made her way up to him and held up her phone. She was in a video chat with her parents. “Show me the room,” Abe told them.

The moment he could picture their front room, he was ready. “Let’s go,” he told her. The two walked forward and were instantly transported away. Dirk just hoped that they made haste. He wasn’t sure how long the Vindicators and the faculty could hold the monster off.
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Cooker
HP: 1
COND: Unharmed

Francis paled as Paramour began firing at them. "...Take the helm." Francis moved towards the hatch and found handholds. "Let's get this open."

Once it was, he launched off a few microwave bursts out into the air like a flare. His powers looked distinctive enough that they would get the idea.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Martin shifted course to follow the older Peter. "I'm trying to get as many people off as I can - or at least able to run." he says. "But tell me, if you could give one message to your younger self, something to keep him from hardships and pain, what would it be?"

"I know you, the younger you from this world. I can get him a message." he'll explain if needed.
Last edited by Flynnarrel on Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Something pithy this way comes."
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Imago
HP: 3

"Dennis.'" Dennis offered back. "Fun fact: you're not the only one here a non-native. Liz - the Drifter - brought Jack and company to my birth world when it was under attack by a ship of Armada deserters. Since things had taken a very nasty turn after Moksha there, I opted to come back with them. Haven't regretted it."
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Shock

Post by Shock »

Prehistoric (David Gordon)
HP: 1 Condition: Bruised 2
Location - Team Gamma
Shape: Pterodactyl

Not for the first time, David wished he could speak in dinosaur form. It didn't seem likely that anyone from the Elpis would be chasing them right now and the burst of visible microwaves from the shuttle confirmed his guess. He swooped up and over Rebecca, blocking her view and shook his head. Then he tucked his wings in tight and dove toward the ground.