New Vindicators Academy of Europe #30: Allegory of Prudence (M&M 2E - IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Tattooedman

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #30: Allegory of Prudence (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Tattooedman »

Greystone:
[Jack Rexroth]
HP: 3 (-1 for re-roll)
LP: 2
"I don't know what his endgame is," Gabriel grimly offered, "but I know what's coming. He's going to assassinate Tsar Volkov and make it look like we did it, with help from Austria. Then, in an effort to prevent a war between countries, he'll valiantly hunt down his own wife--the queen--and offer her head to the Romanov Empire."

"He'll destabilize three countries with one move," Gabrielle mused. "Still, what does he have to gain in any of this?"

"No clue," Gabriel said. "Like Jack said: he made sure I couldn't use my powers to bring anyone back. I overheard him talking to Caroline: he definitely wants you and Queen Sophie out of the way."
Jack said nothing as Gabriel answered him. The American wasn't surprised by what he heard, it all sounded exactly like something Locus would come up with.
OOC wrote: Sense Motive: _: 1D20+8 = [1]+8 = 9....uuuuhhhh no.
Spend an HP to re-roll that.
Re-rolled Sense Motive: _: 1D20+8 = [15]+8 = 23, much better.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens
HP: 2
Condition: Normal

"Water please" Tamati replied fascinated by the display, now was it Mr Plums talent or was it the pitcher itself?
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

LONDON, 8PM (Current and Taheka)
Plum poured a glass of water for the New Zealander. It was the purest, tastiest, most refreshing water he had ever drank in his life. He felt weirdly invigorated by it--even cleansed.

"I apologize for the presumption, Mister Murphy," the king intoned, "but you see impatient. I do not take it lightly that two envoys of another nation have arrived here, nor do I take it lightly that your are in guests in my home, who I will afford the same measure of hospitality I do others. Still, if you desire, you may tell me what news the young queen sends."

ST. PETERSBERG, 10PM (Fluxx and Imago; NPCs: Puck)
The trio spent a few minutes watching the street and followed the pattern: the vehicles were coming from the same direction, making it easier to hone in on the military's garage. Rounding a corner, they saw a gate in a brick wall that cars with military plates were pulling out of.

PARIS, 9PM (Shiver; NPCs: Sidestep)
Durendal--if that was what she was calling herself here--froze at the mention of the missing prince. She took a moment to study the English girl and then began to nod slowly. <"Stand down,"> she said to the guards.

As the firearms were lowered, Durendal approached the pair casually. "I am Nanette Lefebvre," she said in English. "I am the captain of the guard. Follow me and I will take you to the royal suite."

The pair were led through the castle and into a chamber whose splendor rivaled that of anything even Violet had ever seen. In the center of the room stood a man in his late-fifties. "Presenting the Royal Prince of the Blood," Nanette intoned, "Napoleon VIII, Dauphin of France."

"The prince?" Abe asked, almost forgetting were he was. "We needed to see the king?"

"I'm afraid it's far past my father's bedtime," the prince said as he poured himself a glass of brandy. "The king is in his winter and his acumen sets with the sun most days." He drank the entire glass in one gulp. "Now then, I have been informed that you have word of my son?"

TEHRAN, 10:30PM (Greystone and Ursa; NPCs: Gabrielle and Maze)
Jack knew Locus' endgame was. In Pandora, the story had come out: Kas and Oscar were in love and Oscar's two ritter had conspired to help them attempt to start a war to create a situation where they could be together. Jack and his friends had worked with Then-Princess Sophie to thwart the couples' machinations. That was how Locus had learned about Gabriel's talent for resurrecting the newly deceased. It made sense that this was where he would have gone immediately after Caroline's murder. It made sense that once reunited, the pair would seize power. They had it, though. They had each other. They had command of the Persian Empire. Why were they still engaging in this ploy with Romanov?

Maybe it was revenge they wanted? Maybe Carlos and Caroline wanted revenge on Jack and Dale, Tabitha and Katrina... They had no way of knowing that Tabitha since died. They couldn't know what fate had befallen Katrina. Besides, that information was useless, given that they were trapped in this world.

It hit Jack that they weren't any more trapped here than he was. He had hope that the Astrolabe was going to return them home by the end of this. Jack scoured his mind in an attempt to discern what Locus knew about the Astrolabe. It was possibly sentient and arrived where there was a need: it had brought Jack, Kas, Harry, Astrid, and Gaspar here to stop a war--was that why  they were trying to start a war? Was this a trap to lure the Astrolabe to them?

There was so much they didn't know about the Astrolabe and how it worked. They theorized Liz was at it's whim, but what if it was in the hands of someone like Locus--someone who's ability allowed them to teleport? Could Locus' abilities influence the Astrolabe? Could the Astrolabe potentially augment Locus' own talents enough to allow him to teleport across dimensions? The more Jack thought about it, the more sure he was: the Astrolabe was Locus' target.
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Fluxx

"We eizer fabricate disguises and an auzorization to take a military vehicle, or we sneak in to steal a vehicle, or we abandone zis and walk to ze new location where ze Tzar is." Fluxx innumerates.

"Option one, we are unsuited to since we do not know ze language or ze procedures in zis place; zough we could take out ze guards if zere are few enough. Option two, I can phase Denise and I into ze garage via a back way, we steal a ve'icle, drive it out but wizout ze aforementioned procedures we may 'ave to crash it out zen 'opefully lose pursuers some'ow. Oh, and none of us can drive wiz any reliable degree of skill, I don't zink. Ze zird way costs us an hour of time."

"Which sounds ze best?" Fluxx asks his companions.
[Mich, could we get a rough count of how many guards there are?]
"Something pithy this way comes."
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

"If we knew what their credentials looked like, Den-Den could fabricate them," Puck mused. "If we knew the procedure, I could get through it. There are too many unknowns, save what we are each capable of.

"Couldn't you melt the wall while Dennis makes it look like it's still there? I can turn invisible, steal a car, and drive it right through the hole you make. To them, it would look like I drove through the wall. You both jump in and we're set."
You're counting a pair of guards at the egress, with potentially more inside that you can't see.
EnigmaticOne

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #27: The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Imago
HP: 3

"They'll still come after the car." Dennis pointed out. "And most likely assume a Special stole it, and raise the alarm. Can't you take on a insect or mouse form to sneak in first? Then you can go invisible, observe the procedures and temporarily lift someone's credentials for me."
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

Puck narrowed its eyes at Imago. "Where's the fun in that?" Puck failed to move or say anything more, as though it were not asking rhetorically.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Fluxx

"Eetz not exactly 'melting', more like..." Fluxx trails off stopping himself from engaging in the pedantry and waving away his thoughts.

"Anozer possible option..." Fluxx says reluctantly, "I use my sister's trick to break down and store items like cell phones and such. It would be a strain on me to do somezing as big as a vehicle, but I could sneak in, break down a vehicle and, in zeory, walk out wiz it. Much less conspicuous and zey may not notice ze zeft until much later."

He shrugs.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Alex "Current" Murphy
HP: 0 CND: Normal

"Yeah, uh, sorry. Uh, your majesty," He adds, he takes a deep breath and then lets it out, "You guys have been, like, extremely understanding, and I appreciate that. I really do. I'm, just, kind of expecting for something to go wrong, because that's how my last year has been, and I at least want to be able to say I did my best to give you the information as quickly as I could."

Lex runs his right hand through his shaggy hair.

"Okay, full disclosure, we're not from this dimension. When the last royal messenger tried to deliver one of these letters last time they we expected, ambushed, attacked, gutted and wound up jumping to our dimension looking for help. Then we got shanghai- err, pulled here. Our best chance of getting back to our dimension is delivering the letter, and keeping you alive."

"I'm sure the letter Mist-"
He pauses and fights the urge to sigh at the reminder that these aren't the people he knows, "Sir Arnett has will probably explain it way better than I can, but here's what I heard."

"There was a dimension that people were using as a penal colony for super powered being, the portal was one way trip so it seemed like an easy way to deal with problem cases. Multiple dimensions were using it as a dumping ground. Yours and ours included. Problem is that somebody found that dimension, used it as a recruiting ground for an army. This guy had a ship that would allow him to jump dimensions by wiping out all life on the planet."

"From what I heard one of the prisoners was from here, he told some other convicts about this dimension. They stole a shuttle to get them over into this dimension and started a plan to get themselves into a position of power. They showed up with knowledge of the world to get themselves in good with the rulers of a couple countries, they had impressive powers, and apparently that was all they needed to get married. That gave them control over the country at which point they started using their resources to
build up troops, buy friends, bribe people from other countries, and kill anybody who was getting in their way."

"Except it doesn't sound like one kingdom was enough for them, they're looking to spread out and take over whatever they can get. By hook and crook. Scare the weak into following, threaten the strong, or sway the ambitious."

Lex waves helplessly, "So basically we're just here to warn you that there's a good chance your country, or your Majesty, might be targeted by these people. And that waiting it out might not be your best option."

He shrugs, "I'm pretty sure the letter does a better job of telling it. Sorry. I'm more of a musician than a story teller."
Shock

Post by Shock »

Violet Lear
HP: 4

"Thank you, that'll do nicely." Violet remained aloof as they were led through the palace. It was enough walking that she didn't expect to be able to remember how to go back the way they came. Which didn't matter anyway. If they needed to get away fast, Sidestep would get them out. She marveled at the increasing opulence as they got closer to their destination. It wasn't hard to figure out they were going in the right direction.

When they finally arrived, she dipped into a shallow curtsy and bowed her head. "Violet Lear, your highness. Thank you for admitting us."

"Yes, I've met your son. Let me show you." Violet reached into her purse to pull out her phone. "You see, we're from another dimension. A while back, Napoleon, your son, showed up at our school and he's been there ever since." She shrugged. "I'm sorry, I don't know how to explain it better than that but I'll try to answer any questions you have."
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Greystone:
[Jack Rexroth]
HP: 3
LP: 2

"Dammit." Jack quietly cursed under his breath after thinking over everything he knew about Locus, this situation he was masterminding, and what he could gain from it - the Astrolabe.

"We need to get a hold of Liz as soon as possible." Jack said to Ursa, Maze and Gabrielle. He then turned back to Gabriel. "So did they tell you what the distance is on the proximity sensor?"
Last edited by Tattooedman on Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens
HP: 2
Condition: Normal

Savouring the glass of water, Tamati took his time to finish it, it was perfect in every way.

"Wow." was all he could say while Lex explained what was going on.
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

LONDON, 8PM (Current and Taheka)
The king read the letter and listened to Current's account of what they were facing. He was quiet for a time--reading and re-reading and considering. Finally, he looked up at his guests and studied them for a moment. "Sir Baxter and Lady Wolfe will raise the knights to stand ready. Sir Arnett? I am inclined to believe our guests and believe it would do crown and country well to put our full support behind them. Please see to it that they have everything they need."

The knights saluted their king in the same way they had upon entering the room. As they moved to leave the chamber, the king called out to them. "Master Murphy?" he asked. "I must admit that I am torn in my decision. On one hand, I believe your mission is very urgent and would like to see to rectifying this situation before it worsens. However, I must admit that I am troubled by your account of this Armada who have knowledge of our realm. If, after these matters are settled, you find yourself in a position to return here, please visit me. I would like to hear more.

"Just tell me that you are friends with Nina Jesperson and I should believe all that you say." He flashed the boys a wry smile before gesturing to Plum to fill his glass once again.
I need a Notice check from you both.
Puck looked to Imago, unsure on whether or not this was their plan.

PARIS, 9PM (Shiver; NPCs: Sidestep)
The prince looked at Violet's phone and appeared confused. "How long ago was this taken?" he asked. When he had his answer, he continued. "My son disappeared almost twenty years ago, yet he looks the same as when he vanished. How is this possible?"

TEHRAN, 10:30PM (Greystone and Ursa; NPCs: Gabrielle and Maze)
"They left that part out," Gabriel said, frowning, "and I haven't been willing to test the limits."
Shock

Post by Shock »

Violet Lear
HP: 4

Violet shrugged. "They told me time is different in every dimension. He looked like that last week."
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

PARIS, 9PM (Shiver; NPCs: Sidestep)
The man was fighting back tears. "He should be a man," he said mournfully. He looked up at Violet and Abe--searching their eyes for more. He was ravenous for more information on his lost son. "Is he well? Is he happy? Does he miss his family? How long has he been there? Does he have many friends? It's a school? How are his marks?"

He had not handed Violet back her phone. He was holding it--as though it were all that remained of the boy he wanted to hold again.