New Vindicators Academy of Europe #30: Allegory of Prudence (M&M 2E - IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #27: The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Flynnarrel »

Martin doesn't look up from the Psychology textbook he's skimming ahead in. But he doesn't need to in order to be aware of his surroundings. Each breath brought him a surfeit of information about who was coming in and their relative positions in the room, who showered that morning and who did not, what many of them had for breakfast, the scent of pancakes or eggs, fruit or more exotic concoctions Seige was requested to create. All without looking up.

A small part of his brain was absorbing the text, filing it away to be perused again and again. His retention may be flawless but it took several mental reviews to understand the concepts and lessons the author(s) was/were trying to present. Still, Psychology was the closest he could come to putting human behavior under a microscope. How better to recognize it in himself? In a being struggling with his own humanity, any edge in this regard was welcomed.

Another part of his mind was planning when to speak with Jack since no opportunity presented itself during wrestling class.

And another was noting the scents that he hadn't smelled before, such as a brand new student that wasn't among the refugees. Whoever they were, they were in close proximity to Dennis. Given that Martin has witnessed a girl with mind-altering magics insinuate herself as a long-time student of this school in under an hour, he takes especial note of new scents. [Though the school takes on new students occasionally as they are discovered, so it doesn't immediately warrant hostility or suspicion, just his own curiosity and investigation.] Martin looks up at the pair of them. He notes the ease with which Dennis stands in parallel to her, indicating at least some level of familiarity. No doubt his sister could have determined their level of emotional attachment to each other by their scents, but that wasn't among Martin's capabilities. He'd have to do that the old fashioned way. Before he could speak though Dennis took a nearby chair and send illusory words his way seemingly giving no thought to the girl. If he were assigned to show a new student around, Martin would think that Dennis would at least show her some level of courtesy. The Frenchman's parents, though secretly a single amalgamated terrorist amoeba, instilled a modicum of manners in him.

Martin stands and invites the female that Dennis entered with to a seat nearby, not sitting until she was comfortably settled.

"Dennis, 'oo is your... friend?" he asks aloud.

Mich, What does Robyn smell like? Does she smell like the female she appears to be? Any magic?
"Something pithy this way comes."
McGuffin

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #26 - The Persistence of Memory (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by McGuffin »

Ursa
HP: 1
Cnd: Fine

[Gym]

Otso chuckled at Mickie's retort, she seemed to give as good as she got.

Hammond's Classroom

Otso frowned as the girl sat down next to Kas. He didn't know her, but she'd been in Mister Ashworth's class as well and Kas seemed a little uncomfortable about it.

He sat down as well and cleared his throat. "You settled back in alright after our trip off campus last week, Kas?"
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Gilliam

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #27: The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Gilliam »

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens
Condition: Normal

Well wrestling was a bit of a disappointment as they ended up spending the whole lesson mucking about rather than actually doing anything although he was prepared to offer short odds that Jack and Mickie would be one of the first pairs chosen to wrestle.

Later

Photography was just a blur but he liked the sound of the course and Shelby just happen to be in the class as well, what a coincidence.

Later

Automotive Repair was a very small class just Tamati and 2 other boys of which he had heard plenty about Steven.
"For your final, each of you is going to be assigned a repair job on one car. That car will be sold. The school gets reimbursed for expenses and everything over that is split among the class. Maybe that's more motivating than a letter grade. The better job you do, the more you'll make.

"Any questions?"
"Sweet as so will we be doing up a classic to get more money?" Tamati perked up unaware that he could get some money out of the class.
Lexus looked to Steven. "Yeah, are you sure Bigot Boy can stand to work together with us lowly speebs?"

"Shut the hell up," growled Steven.

"Both of you, knock it off." Vaughn glared at them both. "I'm not putting up with that crap in here. You want to fight? You can do it somewhere else. You're here to learn how to fix cars." He shot Tamati a look. "You got a problem with anyone here?"
"Nah not at all I just want to learn how to fix cars instead of hotwiring them."
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

FIRST PERIOD

GRIGORESCUE’S CLASSROOM (Lex; NPCs: Buddy, Grigorescue, Kirstie, Remington)
"Remy, this is my girlfriend, Kirstie."

Like that, Remy lost all interest in Kirstie.

The class passed far too fast. Soon, it was time to say goodbye to Kirstie and head off to his next class. His second period was full of new faces: Jamal, Javier, and Natasha were refugees from another world--the same world Remy was from. Adam--the boy with bug-eyes--and Finn he knew, but not well.

When the bell rang, signalling the end of his System Sciences class, Lex stayed in his seat. He had Mister Manuel for second and third period, after which it would be back to Mister Grigorescue's room.

He wasn't the only one who stayed put: Adam and Natasha stayed for Computer Sciences. Once the others had left, Manuel shut the door. "We might as well just get started," he said. "This is the whole class."

After that, he made his way to Video Production. Adam slipped in behind him, only for Javier and Jamal to already be here. After a moment, another new face came in: David Oates.

Another uneventful class later, Lex was making his way to the bowels of the school, headed for the gymnasium. There, he found his father garbed in a tracksuit reminiscent of a Russian mobster. The Murphy patriarch was beaming. Back home in the States, Roger Murphy had simply gone through the motions--toiling away at a job he clearly had no passion for, just to bring home a check. Here, he seemed genuinely happy.

It was the largest class Lex had had yet. It was full of several new students: Lydia, Abe, the Radikovich kids, Patrick, Barney... Lex's eyes found a familiar face: Benedikt Jónsson...

When Kirstie's aunt had first surfaced, they had tried to gleam what they could about the Avalon Academy for Young Ladies from the internet. Their best hit had been a message board post from Benedikt, whose sister had been recruited by the school. What alarmed him was that his parents didn't remember the girl.

Lex remembered her, though... He and Martin had encountered her in China.

Then Lex saw the rest of the class: Armande, one of Laputa's pawns; Herta, who had threatened to blow up his family; Jack, who he'd clashed with the first day of school; and Ellen, who was now dating Jack.

MRS. SONCK’S CLASSROOM (Violet; NPCs: Adam, Barney, Javier, Rebecca, Rory, Royce, Shelby, Sonck)
"I didn't do it to defend you," the liquid boy barked. "I did it because it was the right thing to do. Who the heck are you to tell me to sit back and do nothing when I see someone doing something wrong?"

Missus Sonck stepped into the room and saw the boy in his altered form. "What's the meaning of this?" she asked.

"He bloody threatened me," said the other boy.

Sonck seized her class roster as the boy reverted back to his human form. "What's your name?" he demanded.

"Rory," the skinny youth sheepishly admitted. "Rory Whitaker."

THIRD PERIOD

HAMMOND'S CLASSROOM (Kas and Otso; NPCs: Agnes, Hammond, Helen, Matthew, Mouloud)
I'll hold for HH.
CATARGI'S CLASSROOM (Dennis and Martin; NPCs: Benedikt, Cassidy, Catargi, Greg, Lucia, Regina, Robyn)
"Dennis, 'oo is your... friend?"

"Robyn Goodfellow," the girl said. She flashed Martin a broad grin. "Den-Den and I go waaay back. Isn't he the cutest?"
Robyn smells like a normal girl.
KNIGHT'S CLASSROOM (Jack; NPCs: Doug, Ellen, Knight, Lydia, Nate, Nicole)
Jack found Ellen waiting for him outside of Mister Knight's classroom. "After spending most of the summer with you, an hour apart feels like an eternity."

"Here I figured you'd start getting tired of me after having me living with you and your mom, be ready for some 'space' or something."

Ellen slipped her arms around Jack's neck. "You'd think after three months together, you'd know me better than that." She leaned in to kiss him, only for Mister Hammond to slip by them. The English girl jumped back, obviously alarmed. "Sorry, sir!"

The new teacher eyed her strangely. "For what?"

"I... I know the school's rules about PDA, and-"

"You're both fully clothed," Hammond said. "I couldn't care less what you do."

VAUGHN'S CLASSROOM (Tamati; NPCs: Lexus, Steven, Vaughn)
"You got a problem with anyone here?"

"Nah, not at all. I just want to learn how to fix cars instead of hotwiring them."

Vaughn nodded to the displaced youth. "I think I found my favorite. Okay then..." He stepped forward, seized the tarp, and pulled it away to reveal a 1951 BMW 501 Saloon. It was a bit dented up and rusting in some places, but otherwise the body looked good. "Here's our first project. Your goal for the next few weeks is going to be to diagnose why it won't start." He pointed to his desk in the corner of the room. A small stack of books was on the edge. "You'll each take a book. Page 94 starts a section on engine repair. I suggest you all at least take a look at it tonight.

"That's about all I really had for today--shortened period and all. Grab a book, bring it with you tomorrow, and we'll start going over this tomorrow. Any questions?"
Last edited by Michuru on Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
EnigmaticOne

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Imago
HP: 3

Dennis buried his face in his hands - out of genuine embarrassment. Martin had hearing potent enough to pick up his mumble: "I should never have told her what Bulwark called me." Which itself he had not done, but it all meshed well together, and the little details like this were important.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Michuru wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:21 pm CATARGI'S CLASSROOM (Dennis and Martin; NPCs: Benedikt, Cassidy, Catargi, Greg, Lucia, Regina, Robyn)
"Dennis, 'oo is your... friend?"

"Robyn Goodfellow," the girl said. She flashed Martin a broad grin. "Den-Den and I go waaay back. Isn't he the cutest?"
Robyn smells like a normal girl.
"I should never have told her what Bulwark called me."
Martin nodded noncommittally.

"Pleasure to meet you Robyn... Goodfellow."
IANAI: 16
Martin recognized the obvious pseudonym but then again, Blue Knight and Larrikin both used such when they first came to the school. The school was about re-inventing one's self for some.

"You are not a Sophomore or else you would 'ave fought ze dinosaur. You are too self-possessed to be a Freshman. Were you started as a Junior?" Such was unusual but not unheard of. Kasimir was granted such a boon, Martin recalled.

He considered their behavior:
"Your prior association wiz Dennis is unlikely given zat 'e is relatively new to zis dimension. I suppose you may 'ave crossed over from 'is 'ome dimension when ze multi-dimensional barriers were weakened. But ze odds of zis occurring by random chance are remarkably slim. Yet Dennis didn't correct your assertion of prior knowledge. Zat would lead me to suspect psychic or magic control of Dennis' mind. But Dennis utilized 'is abilities in a covert way when 'e first entered class. I would suspect such would be more difficult if 'e could not fully zink for 'imself. Zere are powers and magics zat allow someone to fit in seemlessly but zose likewise affect ze mind and memories. I must conclude zat Dennis is complicit in your deception for some reason, likely to do wiz ze issue 'e raised to me before we were introduced." Martin looks to Dennis for confirmation.

"Yes?"
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Magnitude
Kasimir Flaegler
HP 3

Kas smiled at Otso's question and shook his head ruefully. "Our absence was a headache to be sure. I have spent the last week trying to catch up on work left over from last years' classes. I really don't want to be held back a year because I missed University requirements. I've had a few long phone conversations with my father about my sister's recently manifested powers, but I haven't been able to fly out to Dresden to see them in person. Papa is kind uf intrigued by the way their powers are similar, but notably different from mine or mother's. Add to that trying to resume Magnitude's schedule uf hospital visits und community work plus catching up with the Volunteers und I really don't feel as if I've had a moment uf rest."

Shrugging at his litany of complaints, Kas chuckled. "If anything good has come of this it's that Juozas has assumed more uf a leadership role with the team...und I have a lunch date with Regina Sway. If I can keep from embarrassing myself, today is shaping up to be a good day."

After moment's hesitation Kas asks; How has your week gone? Oh and how's Beatrice feeling after this morning?"
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

CATARGI'S CLASSROOM (Dennis and Martin; NPCs: Benedikt, Cassidy, Catargi, Greg, Lucia, Regina, Robyn)

Dennis buried his face in his hands and mumbled, "I should never have told her what Bulwark called me."

Martin's hearing was keen enough to hear him and evoke a noncommittal nod. "Pleasure to meet you Robyn... Goodfellow." Martin recognized the obvious pseudonym but then again, Blue Knight and Larrikin both used such when they first came to the school. The school was about re-inventing one's self for some.

"You are not a Sophomore or else you would 'ave fought ze dinosaur. You are too self-possessed to be a Freshman. Were you started as a Junior?" Such was unusual but not unheard of. Kasimir was granted such a boon, Martin recalled.

"Your prior association wiz Dennis is unlikely given zat 'e is relatively new to zis dimension. I suppose you may 'ave crossed over from 'is 'ome dimension when ze multi-dimensional barriers were weakened. But ze odds of zis occurring by random chance are remarkably slim. Yet Dennis didn't correct your assertion of prior knowledge. Zat would lead me to suspect psychic or magic control of Dennis' mind. But Dennis utilized 'is abilities in a covert way when 'e first entered class. I would suspect such would be more difficult if 'e could not fully zink for 'imself. Zere are powers and magics zat allow someone to fit in seemlessly but zose likewise affect ze mind and memories. I must conclude zat Dennis is complicit in your deception for some reason, likely to do wiz ze issue 'e raised to me before we were introduced." Martin looked to Dennis for confirmation. "Yes?"

"Check out the big brain on Brad!" Robyn exclaimed. "I thought the good doctor told you he'd be sending me."

Suddenly, Martin remembered: When Martin tried to give the man his contact information, the Aurelius waved it away. "My good boy, I live in another dimension. To say I get terrible reception there would be an understatement. However, I fully intend to have an emissary reach you before long."
Shock

Post by Shock »

Violet Lear

Violet huffed. "Yeah, well I already told him to stop it. You were just escalating. Next time come down off your horse and have a look before saving the world." She turned back and resumed her seat.
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

MRS. SONCK’S CLASSROOM (Violet; NPCs: Adam, Barney, Javier, Rebecca, Rory, Royce, Shelby, Sonck)
Missus Sonck glared at Rory. "Go ahead and head to the office. I'll send word of what you did."

"But I-"

"Now, young man."

Rory shot the boy and Violet both a glare before gathering up his things and making his way to the main office.

The rest of the class went by without event, but Rory Whitaker never returned. The bell rang, signalling the end of the shortened period, and Violet made her way to her next class: Sexuality with Miss Catargi.

Out side of the room, Doug and his girlfriend were stealing a few kisses before going on. Inside, Iosef and Ilena Radikovich were making eyes at each other that siblings shouldn't make. Kirstie was sitting by herself up front.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Ah, you are ze Emissary. I was expecting.... well, someone in a position of auzority in ze school." Martin shrugs.

He wrings he hands together and holds out two bracelets. "Class will begin soon. Dennis can do 'is illusory whispers to me and I can 'text' you boz on zese." He puts his left hand into his lap. It's missing two fingers.

He turns to face front again.

Words like tattoos begin scrolling across the bracelets.
I AGREE THAT BEATRICE'S NEW ABILITIES ARE SUSPICIOUS. SHOULD WE SHARE OUR CONCERNS WITH OTSO AND GET HIS HELP OR MERELY TRACK HER IN SOME WAY?
EnigmaticOne

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Imago
HP: 3

*I would rather get Otso on board. Otherwise, misunderstandings might occur and we don't want him to get beary angry.*
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Shock

Post by Shock »

Violet Lear

Violet made her way to the front and sat in the chair next to Kirstie. "All right, Kirstie? What's new?"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

AGREED. ROBYN, CAN YOU RE-ESTABLISH PROTECTIONS AROUND THE SCHOOL?
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Alex "Current" Murphy
HP: 1 CND: Normal

Lex smiled as Remmy moved on. After seeing him hit on Tat he'd half expected Remmy to be unphased by Lex's revelation. Instead Remmy seemed perfectly happy to cut his losses and move on.

Which made sense if Remmy was just trying to find a girl to put the moves on.

He paused. Or maybe he'd just heard that Lex had a temper?

As the day went one he started to notice one thing more and more. After his first two classes he didn't have any classes with his friends. With the number of people he considered friends, vs the number of classes he wasn't working with the best odds, but even acquaintances weren't in his classes.

Until the last class.

Lex stood in the gym wearing a beat up pair of shorts, and a tank top with a picture of a Claymore mine with the words "Front Toward Enemy" emblazoned on it. The back had the reverse shot of the same Claymore but with the words "Dat Ass" instead.

It was nice to see his Dad excited about his job, and he was probably in better shape then he'd been in years thanks to all the running and exercise he'd been getting. Though Siege's food was fighting a war there.

After that though? It was like being in the middle of a nightmare.

On one side he had the sister of his dead girlfriend, and the brother of a woman who wanted him dead.

On another he had multiple members of Laputa who were "reformed". Multiple members of Vlad's family, who were raised by a deranged nutjob. And Jack.

Lex wasn't as worried about Jack as he had been a year ago. Honestly he didn't care for how Jack did things, but the gag was he was also strangely the most reliable of the people he knew in the school in one way. With the right motivation Jack would end any threat that came at him the wrong way.

Currently that wrong way was a girl named Ellen.

He really didn't get that girl's taste in men, but since she'd been going out with Jack she'd seemed happy. And if nothing else that said something good about Jack.

Still, Ellen never really seemed interested in talking to him before, and since she started going out with Jack they had even less reason to talk to each other.

He looked around the class again and sighed. He should have taken that self study class like Martin did.

Instead he stood in the middle of a class full of people who either didn't like him, or didn't care.