Team Cerberus (OOC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Tattooedman

Re: Team Cerberus (aka Suicide Squad In Freedom City)

Post by Tattooedman »

EpicEclipse wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:02 pm I would just like to point out we are only on page 3 of this recruitment thread and there are an astounding 11 submissions. 11 varied and unique submissions that cover a very wide spectrum of character types. I'm super impressed :D
As am I. Everyone has worked up some very well done builds, it is not going to be easy picking from them.
EpicEclipse wrote:We have;
Snowblind: A cryokineticist
Magenta: A "Magnito"
Amanita: A power mimic with some octopus powers
The Red Death III: A gadgeteer with a gas gun
Tsalmaveth: A shadow-assisted assassin type
Cat Noir: A cat burglar with a luck altering aura
Oni: An immortal demon samurai
Madame Curare: Immortal assassin
Doctor Roboto: Inventor who implanted his mind into a robot body
GeoTek: A Geokinetic inventor in a power armor
I've put all the submitted characters on the first page with links, for ease of viewing.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

I'm not planning on applying, but I want to thank you all for a character that I've been obsessing over today.

I wish you all luck!
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Made a slight edit to add in Hide in Plain Sight as was mentioned. Took out Agile Feint, mainly due to it having no real effect, except against someone who is immune to interaction skills (and how common is THAT?). If she needs it, she can Heroic Feat it.

I also put the last two pp into Equipment to give her a gun, hardened knuckle gloves so she can hit slightly harder (DC17 instead of 16! Woo!), zip ties and a little UV flashlight with UV lenses so she can get around in the dark.

One more edit that might escape notice otherwise is added to her Lucky Shot (Enhanced Extra) power. It's a mental sense she can use to hits targets she can't visible see by letting luck guide her hand in conjunction with her Lucky Shot. I have "Limited to while attacking", but that's not exactly correct. She has to know or at least have a suspicion something is around and lets her luck guide her hand, but it's an acute sense, so if the target she is suspicious of is around and she decides attacking it is not in her best interest, she can abort the attack, or fire a warning shot rather than hitting them squarely.

I just had the thought of her trying to focus on cracking a safe while someone is being annoying, so without breaking her attention on the safe she just picks up a tool and wings it with unerring accuracy at the distraction or suspecting someone is following the group and fires a shot seemingly at random and it ricochets off a few things to hit the ground right in front of their tail. That kind of stuff.

Basically, it's a sense she can't just rely on to know when there are invisible enemies or anything. I'll file it under work in progress for now. >.>
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Perhaps "Lucky Shot" could be modeled best with an Enhanced Extra that changes any attack she makes into a Perception Range attack? She will need to be able to accurately perceive the target, but it will not require an Attack check nor allow a Dodge resistance check. She just hits.

Lucky Shot Enhanced Extra 3 (Increase Range [Perception] [4]; Extras: Variable Descriptor [1, any ranged attack effect you wield, only up to the attack’s rank or Lucky Shot rank]) [ 5 PP ]
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Batgirl III wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:42 am Perhaps "Lucky Shot" could be modeled best with an Enhanced Extra that changes any attack she makes into a Perception Range attack? She will need to be able to accurately perceive the target, but it will not require an Attack check nor allow a Dodge resistance check. She just hits.

Lucky Shot Enhanced Extra 3 (Increase Range [Perception] [4]; Extras: Variable Descriptor [1, any ranged attack effect you wield, only up to the attack’s rank or Lucky Shot rank]) [ 5 PP ]
Depending on what she's throwing,that tough save could be fugly to make....
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Batgirl III wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:42 am Perhaps "Lucky Shot" could be modeled best with an Enhanced Extra that changes any attack she makes into a Perception Range attack? She will need to be able to accurately perceive the target, but it will not require an Attack check nor allow a Dodge resistance check. She just hits.

It.... it already is that... :lol: I pulled it right out of the Luck Powers profile :P
EpicEclipse wrote:-[1] AE: Enhanced Extra 10 (Perception Range), Variable Descriptor (Attacks), Quirk (Limited to lower of Attack’s or Extra’s ranks & Senses 5 (Ranged Mental, Accurate, Acute, Extended), Limited to while attacking
What I was talking about was adding a sense that gives her a subconscious luck-based sense that allows her to hit targets she can't actually see, but not a sense she can just kind of activate to know about invisible or hidden people on a whim. Basically, if blindfolded, she'll still hit every target just through sheer luck. It's kind of her thing >.>
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

EpicEclipse wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:24 am What I was talking about was adding a sense that gives her a subconscious luck-based sense that allows her to hit targets she can't actually see, but not a sense she can just kind of activate to know about invisible or hidden people on a whim. Basically, if blindfolded, she'll still hit every target just through sheer luck. It's kind of her thing >.>
Oh! I get it now. Sorry... It's been a long night here in Gotham City.

A "subconscious luck-based sense" sounds like a good descriptor for a Mental Danger Sense, with the Accurate and Ranged add-ons.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

MacynSnow wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:23 am Depending on what she's throwing,that tough save could be fugly to make....
Not really, using this power set-up, you're limited to the lower of the attack’s Damage rank or the "Lucky Shot" rank, so a maximum of Rank 4. That's basically a pistol shot.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Batgirl III wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:30 am
EpicEclipse wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:24 am What I was talking about was adding a sense that gives her a subconscious luck-based sense that allows her to hit targets she can't actually see, but not a sense she can just kind of activate to know about invisible or hidden people on a whim. Basically, if blindfolded, she'll still hit every target just through sheer luck. It's kind of her thing >.>

A "subconscious luck-based sense" sounds like a good descriptor for a Mental Danger Sense, with the Accurate and Ranged add-ons.
Adding accurate and ranged to danger sense you say? Hmm....interesting.... be right back.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

If tips are being given around, does anyone think Dave could use a touch up somewhere in his build? *thinking*
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:28 am If tips are being given around, does anyone think Dave could use a touch up somewhere in his build? *thinking*
Given his theme, you might be able to "claw back" a few PP by adding the Flaw: Medium (Shadows) to his teleport powers.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Batgirl III wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:44 am
Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:28 am If tips are being given around, does anyone think Dave could use a touch up somewhere in his build? *thinking*
Given his theme, you might be able to "claw back" a few PP by adding the Flaw: Medium (Shadows) to his teleport powers.
They already are, I just have it listed as "Shadow teleport" rather then "Teleport; Flaw: Medium (Shadows)".
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Incoming PM, but given your most recent post here, I didn't realize you were including Medium without actually writing Medium. I'd assumed it was just a visual descriptor and he didn't need ACTUAL shadows to do it.

Given that, the power costs change to 27, 18 and 31 respectively for the different array effects., making the powers total 39 after adding the razor, which actually makes you 1pp over at 151. You'll have to check the PM for full detail.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Batgirl III wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:30 am

So ultimately, while this is an interesting idea that would give a character more information about exactly what is setting off their danger sense, it's not quite what I am looking for.

On the other hand, thinking about it more, I'm realizing a limited flaw isn't really...necessary. That it's a luck-based descriptor sense, it makes sense that it's simply always active, so I'm going to push a few things around and see what I can to make it flow better all around.
Last edited by EpicEclipse on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

EpicEclipse wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:14 am
Incoming PM, but given your most recent post here, I didn't realize you were including Medium without actually writing Medium. I'd assumed it was just a visual descriptor and he didn't need ACTUAL shadows to do it.

Given that, the power costs change to 27, 18 and 31 respectively for the different array effects., making the powers total 39 after adding the razor, which actually makes you 1pp over at 151. You'll have to check the PM for full detail.
Acknowledged! I just read, and again, thanks for taking the time to point out my mishaps. I'l, be applying the fixes tomorrow, where I'm more awake and less prone to the pointed out mistakes. >>
------------