Team Cerberus (OOC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EpicEclipse

Re: Team Cerberus (aka Suicide Squad In Freedom City)

Post by EpicEclipse »

pathfinderq1 wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:51 pm For Cat Noir- Hide in Plain Sight seems like a good fit. Otherwise, that looks pretty good- I was thinking of a burglar type, but I'll find something else.
How did I miss that? I'll find a point for it.
Doctor Malsyn wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:53 pm I like her! Luck based characters are always really cool to me, and somehow no two characters are quite alike. I'm not sure how well she'd do with a gun however personally, most you could probably giver her is a +2 bonus due to no dexterity. That assumes one point for the gun, and one for the ranged combat skill. Still, having a ranged attack is better then not having a ranged attack.
Check the second last option in her array. Manifest the saying "better lucky than good"
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Can you point it out specifically? I'm mostly seeing weakens and afflictions there.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Could I get a GM call on whether the Withstand Damage advantage might be allowed (especially if it lowers BOTH defense to boost Toughness)?

Makes a difference for one of my concepts-
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Enhanced Extra 10 (Perception Range), Variable Descriptor (Attacks), Quirk (Limited to lower of Attack’s or Extra’s ranks

This one. It's Lucky Shot from Luck Powers profile. It's described as letting me add perception range to forgo an attack roll and can be used with close attacks as well. Obviously also doesn't work with power attack and the like either.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ahh, I see then. I was having troublw understanding the way that power worked, but the explanation cleared it up. My bad then, sorry for misunderstanding.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

I have that effect on people sometimes. >_>
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

pathfinderq1 wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:55 am Could I get a GM call on whether the Withstand Damage advantage might be allowed (especially if it lowers BOTH defense to boost Toughness)?

Makes a difference for one of my concepts-
It is allowed (and yes it lowers both Defenses).
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Madame Curare, 5 Aug 1999 (File Photo)

Madame Curare, 10 Jun 1965 (File Photo)

MADAME CURARE
Original Character
Power Level 10 ( 150 PP )

Deuteronomy 27:24-26 wrote: 'Cursed is anyone who strikes his neighbor in secret.' And all the people will reply: 'Amen.'
'Cursed is anyone who accepts payment to kill an innocent person.' And all the people will reply: 'Amen.'
'Cursed is anyone who does not uphold the words of the law.' And all the people will reply: 'Amen.'
ABILITIES
Strength 3
Stamina 6
Agility 4
Dexterity 3
Fighting 8
Intellect 3
Awareness 4
Presence 2

NON-COMBAT SKILLS
House Rules for Skills: 1 pp buys 3 ranks, except for Melee & Ranged Combat
Acrobatics 6 (+10), Athletics 2 (+5), Deception 3 (+5), Expertise [Philosophy] 2 (+5), Expertise [Poisons] 7 (+10), Expertise [Underworld] 5 (+8), Insight 11 (+15), Intimidation 5 (+8), Perception 4 (+8), Persuasion 5 (+8), Stealth 11 (+15), Treatment 2 (+5)

COMBAT SKILLS
House Rules for Skills: 1 pp buys 3 ranks, except for Melee & Ranged Combat
Close Combat [Martial Arts Weapons] 4 (+15), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+15), Ranged Combat [Firearms] 1 (+4), Ranged Combat [Thrown] 7 (+10)

ADVANTAGES
Agile Feint, Assessment, Attractive (1), Close Attack (3), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (3), Evasion (1), Fast Grab, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Defense, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Trip, Improvised Weapon (1), Power Attack, Precise Attack [Close, Concealment], Redirect, Skill Mastery [Insight], Takedown (1), Throwing Mastery (1)

POWERS
Ever-Living Immortality 5 (24 Hours; F: Limited [heart must be intact]); Immunity 2 (Aging, Poisons/Toxins) [ 7 PP ]
Martial Arts Mastery Damage 2 (Strength-based [ 2 PP ]
Polyglot Comprehend Languages 6 (Speak One at a Time, Understand All, Read All; F: Limited to Broad Type [Human]) [ 3 PP ]

EQUIPMENT ( 15 EP )
Assassin's Arsenal Array [ 6 EP Total ]
Kunai (Melee) Damage 2 (Strength-based; E: Improved Critical [2]) [ 4 EP ]
AE: Kunai (Thrown) Damage 2 (Strength-based; E: Ranged) [ 1 EP ]
AE: Nunchaku Damage 2 (Strength-based; E: Improved Disarm, Split [1]) [ 1 EP ]

Ultility Belt [ 9 EP Total ]
Climbing Gloves Movement 2 (Wall-Crawling [2]) [ 4 EP ]
Commlink [ 1 EP ]
Handcuffs [ 1 EP ]
Universal Tool Enhanced Advantage 1 (Improvised Tools) [ 1 EP ]
UV Flashlight Feature 1 (Ultraviolet Flashlight) [ 1 EP ]
Starlight Lenses Senses 1 (Visual: Ultravision) [ 1 EP ]

DEFENSE
Dodge (12) Base 8
Parry: (12) Base 4
Fortitude: (8) Base 2
Toughness: (6/8) ——
Will: (8) Base 4

WORKSHEET
Attack: 15 Effect: 5 Total: 20 (Unarmed)
Attack: 15 Effect: 5 Total: 20 (Kunai, Melee)
Attack: 15 Effect: 5 Total: 20 (Nunchaku)
Attack: 10 Effect: 6 Total: 16 (Kunai, Thrown)
Dodge: 12 Tough: 6/8 Total: 18/20
Parry: 12 Tough: 6/8 Total: 18/20
Fort: 8 Will: 8 Total: 16

ABILITIES [ 66 pp ] +
NONCOMBAT SKILLS [ 21 pp ] +
COMBAT SKILLS [ 8 pp ] +
ADVANTAGES [ 24 pp ] +
POWERS [ 12 pp ] +
DEFENSES [ 18 pp ] =
149 PP TOTAL

COMPLICATIONS
Duty: Madame Curare is a super-criminal turned government-agent, who must balance doing what she feels like doing against what she is ordered to do.
Enemies: Madame Curare worked for Doctor Sin for decades and came into conflict with the Raven numerous times. She latter betrayed the mad doctor. Madame Curare thus counts the Raven and Doctor Sin among her most vicious enemies
Infamy: Madame Curare was once the most feared assassin on Earth, she's been imprissoned for decades, but her name still strikes fear.

Education: Master's Degree, Asian Literature; Radcliffe College
Date of Birth: October 13, 1890 (Age 127)
Base of Operations: Currently Imprisoned
Height: 5'8″ (1.73 m)
Weight: 123 lbs. (56 kg)
Measurments: 35-25-35
Eyes: Blue
Hair: White
Race: Mutated Human
Identity: Public
Religion: Taoist
Relationships: No known living relatives.
Legal Status: Citizen of the United States with extensive criminal record.

Background
It is a truth universally acknowledged, that an old man in a profession where most men die young, must be someone to fear. Madame Curare is very old and very feared indeed.

Born near the turn of the century, eldest daughter of a prominent New England family, Mary Corey had a typical upbringing as a proper young society lady. She attended all the right social functions, mixed with all the right social peers, and was given the sort of well-rounded but utterly useless educations expected of the future wife of a banker, a judge, or maybe even a senator. She loathed every minute of it. While attended Radcliffe College, Corey discovered Taoist philosophy and Asian mythology, she found it fascinating and it was the first thing she'd ever truly enjoyed in her life. She convinced her parents to allow her to travel to the Far East as part of her studies, to learn under the private tutelage of the renowned Dr. Tzin Sing.

Dr. Tzin Sing, as is now known, was the notorious criminal mastermind Dr. Sin. The evil madman used this pathetic American girl as a test subject for one of his life-extending formulas. It worked, but Dr. Sin was unhappy with the results, it rendered the subject an childlike imbecil... But, Sin was a patient man, he had some of his minions attend to Mary Corey and "re-educate" her. Molding her into a living weapon, a fearsome assassin who could operate in the social circles that his Chinese and Japanese agents could not. Mary Corey was dead, but the immortal Madame Curare was born.

Over the decades, Madame Curare has fought alongside Dr. Sin and fought against him. She has fought against the Raven and aided him as well. She's one of the most fearsome assassins alive and willing to work for anyone who can afford her fees. Madame Curare was captured by the second Raven in the late 1990's and has languished in prison ever since. Her once extensive assets were seized, her financial fortune erased, and her string of exotic mansions and hidden safe-houses all exposed.

Madame Curare is serving eighty-five consecutive life sentences, without any possibility of parole. She's considered an extreme flight risk and an extreme danger to her guards and fellow inmates.

Edited (14/4/18): Correcting a typo-induced math error.
Last edited by Batgirl III on Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Bill from Accounting

Post by Bill from Accounting »

DOCTOR ROBOTO
PL 10
"Hey, it's 'Doctor Roboto,' not 'Mister Roboto.' I didn't earn my doctorates to be called 'Mister,' thank you very much."

ABILITIES:
STRENGTH 1, STAMINA -, AGILITY 0, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 2, INTELLECT 8, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS:
Expertise: Science 7 (+15), Investigation 2 (+10), Perception 3 (+4), Ranged Combat: Healing Gun 6 (+8), Technology 10 (+18), Treatment 5 (+13)

ADVANTAGES:
Equipment, Interpose, Inventor, Skill Mastery (Expertise: Science), Skill Mastery (Technology), Speed of Thought, Beginner's Luck, Eidetic Memory, Well-informed

POWERS:
Computer Mind: Comprehend 2 (Machines/Electronics), Enhanced Trait 3 (Beginner's Luck, Eidetic Memory, Well-informed), Immunity 10 (Mental Effects), Quickness 4 (Limited to Mental Tasks Only); 19 PP

Robot Body: Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects), Protection 14, Impervious Toughness 7; 51 PP

Medical Scan: Senses 4 (Acute, Analytical, Ranged Detect Health); 4 PP

"Healing" Gun: Easily Removable (-16 PP) Device; 25 PP
"Healing" Array:
Pathogen: Ranged Affliction 9 (Resisted by Fortitude; Impaired, Disabled, Incapacitated; Progressive, Insidious); 37 PP
Actual Healing: Ranged Healing 8 (Persistent, Restorative, Stabilize); 1 PP
Bio-Disruption: Ranged Affliction 12 (Resisted by Fortitude; Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated; Cumulative); 1 PP
Cellular Disruption: Ranged Damage 12 (Resisted by Fortitude, Precise); 1 PP
Practicing Medicine: Ranged Affliction 9 (Resisted by Fortitude; Variable Conditions, Limited Degree, Cumulative); 1 PP

EQUIPMENT
Scalpel: Strength-based Damage 1 (Improved Critical); 2 EP
First Aid Kit: Feature 1 (Treatment tools); 1 EP
Toolkit: Feature 1 (Technology tools); 1 EP

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Unarmed +2 (Close, Damage 1, DC 16)
Scalpel +2 (Close, Damage 2, DC 17)
Cellular Disruption +8 (Ranged, Damage 12, Fortitude DC 27)
Bio-Disruption +8 (Ranged, Affliction 12, Fortitude DC 22)

DEFENSES:
Dodge +6, Parry +6
Toughness +14, Fortitude Immune, Will +6

Abilities 18 + Powers 99 + Advantages 6 + Skills 12 + Defenses 15 = 150 PP

BACKGROUND:
Audio from Dr. Roboto's final experiment before his arrest.

So, you want to know the thrilling tale of Doctor Roboto, do you? Ha! I like your attitude, test subject. You're curious. But remember, curiosity killed Schrödinger's cat. Wait, no... that was hydrocyanic acid. Doesn't matter! Won't stop me from trying to weaponize curiosity. Or acid, although that stuff is pretty deadly already. Anyway, the lab boys were adamant that I do not give you any hints on my history. To be honest, they think I'm spoiling the ending just by talking to you. Hizenstein Uncertainty Principles and so forth. My story is a puzzle, wrapped in an enigma, shrouded in riddles. It's such a mystery that even I do not know it! What I do know for sure is that I have a doctorate or two. Now, I don't know which university would allow a robot into classes, but they're alright in my book. I'll be sure to give them a good word during the inevitable machine uprising.

So, for your second question: why you? Simply: Human test subjects get better scientific results than animals. Why? For one, your tramps, lunatics, foundlings, what-have-you, can bring problem-solving ability to test environments with a facility that shames lower ruminants. For another, you have thumbs. Well, I mean, you DID have thumbs. With your help, I'm going to change the world! Now hold still while I stick this in... um, hold on. I think someone is breaking down the front door. I've got some good news and some bad news. The bad news is that heroes are here. The good news is that you get to bear witness to who wins this deadly game of cat and other cat. Just hang tight, test subject.

COMPLICATIONS:
Domo Arigato: Perhaps as an error with his computer mind, Dr. Roboto is compelled to protect children. If a child is ever attacked, Dr. Roboto must use Interpose, and he can do no harm to one.
Hippocratic Oath: Dr. Roboto has a twisted compulsion to practice medicine and push the limits of science, whether it is through insane treatment plans or creating mad inventions. He lacks respect for human dignity.
Weakness: Dr. Roboto's construct body makes him vulnerable to magnetic and electrical attacks. He suffers one extra degree of failure against such effects, even with a success.
404 Error: Dr. Roboto has no knowledge in his data banks of his history. He doesn't know if he was once human or was always a machine. The only clue he has of his origins is a serial number on his arm: D0N7 F02G37 011V14.
Last edited by Bill from Accounting on Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:30 am, edited 7 times in total.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

GeoTek - PL 10
Natahn Steele

Strength 1/2/12, Stamina 2, Agility 2, Dexterity 0, Fighting 5, Intellect 4, Awareness 1, Presence 0

Advantages
Inventor, Skill Mastery: Technology

Skills
Athletics 2 (+3/+4/+14), Close Combat: Geokinesis 4 (+9), Expertise: Science 5 (+9), Insight 2 (+3), Ranged Combat: Weapon Array 10 (+10), Technology 12 (+16), Vehicles 6 (+6)

Powers
Geokinesis Array (Inorganic manipulation -stone, glass, metal, and plastic)[29pp]
Base: Reduce to Scrap (25)
-Damage 10 (Linked; DC 25; Reach 5: 25 ft.; Limited: Inorganics only)
-Weaken Toughness 10 (Linked; Fortitude, DC 20; Affects Objects, Reach 5: 25 ft.; Limited: Inorganics only)
AE: Assemble: Transform 5 (Parts Into Finished Machine, 800 lbs., DC 15; Continuous, Increased Mass 5, Reach 5: 25 ft.)
AE: Disassemble: Transform 5 (Assembled to Disassembled, 800 lbs., DC 15; Continuous, Increased Mass 5, Reach 5: 25 ft.)
AE: Geokinesis: Move Object 10 (Close Range, Reach 5: 25 ft.; Limited to 800 lbs, Precise, Limited: Inorganics only)
AE: Repair: Healing 10 (Affects Objects, Reach 5: 25 ft.; Limited: Inorganics)

Power Suit (Removable, -13pp) [51pp]
-Aerowings: Flight 6 (Speed: 120 miles/hour, 1800 feet/round; Subtle; Wings)
-Armor: Protection 12
-Exoskeleton Enhanced Strength 1 & Power-Lifting 1
-Multi-spectrum Visor: Senses 2 (Darkvision)
-Radio: Senses 1 (Radio)
-Sealed Systems: Immunity 7 (Environmental Conditions (All), Suffocation (All))
-Stealth Mode: Concealment 3 (Normal Sight, Radar)
-Toolkit: Feature 1
-Weapon Array
-Base: Electrolaser: Ranged Damage 10 (DC 25; Precise) (21)
-AE: Micro-missiles: Burst Area Damage 7 (DC 22; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, DC 17, Increased Range: ranged)
-AE: Power to Exoskeleton Enhanced Strength +10 & Power-Lifting +1[/b]
-AE: Taser: Ranged Affliction 10 (Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated, Fortitude DC 20)
-AE: Tractor Beam: Move Object 9 (12 tons; Precise, Split: 2 targets)

Offense
Initiative +2
Assemble: Transform 5, +9 (DC Dog 15)
Disassemble: Transform 5, +9 (DC Dog 15)
Electrolaser: Damage 10, +10 (DC 25)
Geokinesis: Move Object 10, +9 (DC 20)
Micro-missiles: Burst Area Damage 7 (DC 22)
Reduce to Scrap: Damage/Weaken 10, +9 (DC 25)
Taser: Affliction 10, +10 (DC Fort 20)
Throw, +0 (DC 17)
Tractor Beam: Move Object 9, +10 (DC 19)
Unarmed, +5 (DC 16/DC 17/DC 27)

Defense
Dodge 6, Parry 6, Fortitude 8, Toughness 2/14, Will 12

Power Points
Abilities 30 + Powers 80 + Advantages 2 + Skills 16 + Defenses 22 = 150

Complications
Enemies: In addition to heroes he fought who don't buy his recovery, Nathan is anxious to avoid the new Psions, as well as any past members of PSI who might want to use his abilities again.
Mentally Conditioned: Nathan spent many years under mental brainwashing of PSI, and while it has worn off, a skilled telepath can use the remnants. This leaves Nathan vulnerable to mind control.
Motivation - Redemption: Nathan did a lot of bad things while under PSI's control, and he wants to make up for it.

Background
Nathan figured out at an early age he could manipulate inorganic matter. His parents were wealthy socialites and generally disliked anything metahuman, so he hid his abilities. He learned to use control his powers and even use them to aid his love of all things technical. He eventually went off to college to study electronic engineering. His roommate found out about his abilities and sold the story to a tabloid - or so he thought.

Instead, his roommate had his mind wiped by PSI and Nathan was "collected" as their newest recruit. Brainwashed regularly, Natahan served PSI as a loyal agent using his abilities and the advanced combat suit he built in service of them for many years.

On a particularly nasty mission, Nathan was captured by AEGIS. Actually part of PSIMON's plan to use Nathan to break another member out of Lockdown, Nathan was sent to the super-prison. Unfortunately, this was when Menton made his move and PSI was wiped out with Nathan forgotten.

Over the months that followed, PSI's mental conditioning slowly dissolved and Nathan's true personality emerged. Unfortunately, he was now a convicted criminal for his actions while mind controlled. Nathan is hoping to find some opportunity to redeem his past.

Last edited by kenseido on Fri May 11, 2018 6:34 pm, edited 6 times in total.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Character all set and ready for review GM! :D
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

I would just like to point out we are only on page 3 of this recruitment thread and there are an astounding 11 submissions. 11 varied and unique submissions that cover a very wide spectrum of character types. I'm super impressed :D

We have;
Snowblind: A cryokineticist
Magenta: A "Magnito"
Amanita: A power mimic with some octopus powers
The Red Death III: A gadgeteer with a gas gun
Tsalmaveth: A shadow-assisted assassin type
Cat Noir: A cat burglar with a luck altering aura
Oni: An immortal demon samurai
Madame Curare: Immortal assassin
Doctor Roboto: Inventor who implanted his mind into a robot body
GeoTek: A Geokinetic inventor in a power armor

So breaking it down like.....super broad strokes, the only "overlap" is there are two energy controllers, two assassins and a few inventor types, but even so each one is pretty vastly different.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Might as well make it an even twelve... slightly repurposing Zzzzt, who started life as a villain, an intelligence inhabiting a mass of insects.

Zzzzt - PL 10

Strength 10/0, Stamina 14/4, Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 2, Intellect 2, Awareness 3, Presence 0

Advantages
Fearless

Skills
Close Combat: Unarmed/Affliction 8 (+10), Expertise: Entomology 6 (+8), Insight 6 (+9), Perception 8 (+11), Intimidation 5 (+5), Athletics 5 (+5)

Powers
Alternate Form (Swarm) (Permanent)
. . Affliction: Concentration Cumulative Affliction 10 (Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 20; Concentration, Cumulative, Variable Condition (All))
. . . . Damage: Burst Area Damage 10 (Alternate; [0 active, 0/50 PP, 5/r], DC 25; Burst Area 3: 120 feet radius sphere, DC 20, Selective)
. . . . Damage: Shapeable Area Damage 10 (Alternate; [0 active, 0/50 PP, 5/r], DC 25; Shapeable Area 3: 125 cft., DC 20, Selective)
. . . . Obscure: Obscure 10 (Alternate; [0 active, 0/50 PP, 5/r], Affects: All Sense Types, Area: 2 miles radius)
. . . . Multiple Powers: (Alternate; [0 active, 0/50 PP, 5+1/ 2r]; Morph 2 (melange of insects, vaguely humanoid shapes), Enhanced Stealth 20) Basically disguises himself as insects of the area or something generally humanoid composed of said insects.
. . Flight: Flight 2 (Speed: 2 miles/hour, 30 feet/round)
. . Growth: Growth 10 (+10 STR, +10 STA, +5 Intimidate, -10 Stealth, -5 active defenses, +2 size categories, +1 speed ranks)
. . . . Normal Size Swarm: Multiple Effects (Alternate)
. . . . . . Enhanced Trait 8 (Parry +2 (+9); Dodge +6 (6))
. . . . . . Even More Fluid: Insubstantial 1 (Gaseous)
. . . . . . Ablative Mass: Protection 7
. . Immunity: Immunity 7 (Critical Hits, Interaction Skills)
. . Inhabit Other Bugs: Teleport 6 (1800 feet in a move action, carrying 50 lbs.; Extended: 60 miles in 2 move actions; Medium: Insects)
. . . . Remote Sensing: Remote Sensing 12 (Alternate; Affects: 2 Types - Hearing, Smell, Range: 16 miles; Medium: Insects)
. . Insubstantial: Insubstantial 1 (Fluid)
. . Senses: Senses 7 (Acute: Detect, Analytical: Detect, Detect: Insects 2: ranged, Extended: Detect 2: x100, Rapid: Vision 1)

Offense
Initiative +0
Affliction: Concentration Cumulative Affliction 10, +10 (DC Fort 20)
Damage: Burst Area Damage 10 (DC 25)
Damage: Shapeable Area Damage 10 (DC 25)
Grab, +4 (DC Spec 20)
Throw, +0 (DC 25)
Unarmed, +10 (DC 25)

Languages
Native Language (English)

Defense
Dodge -5/6, Parry 2/9, Fortitude 14/4, Toughness 14/11, Will 6

Power Points
Abilities 22 + Powers 115 + Advantages 1 + Skills 14 (38 ranks) + Defenses 8 = 160

Complications:
  • Disability — Zzzzt has limited fine control, dependent on getting the insects to move precisely in concert. The GM can invoke this to give him additional skill checks or penalties for tasks involving fine motor control. Also, he effectively has no additional lifting strength from his Growth, as even insects working in concert have difficulty moving much.
  • Inhuman — Zzzzt is no longer entirely human, and sometimes just does not comprehend others.
  • Instincts — Zzzzt can be distracted if the things appeal to the insects that he is currently inhabiting.
  • Power Loss — Zzzzt depends on masses of insects to grow in size. His attacks, especially the Affliction, are also dependent on what insects are making him up at the moment.
  • Prejudice - Zzzzt looks like a vaguely humanoid shape of insects and his voice is formed from the buzzing and rattling of the insects that make him up.
  • Vulnerable — Zzzzt has additional weaknesses in accordance to the insects he's inhabiting. Insecticides will hurt him more. Smoke will make him sleepy.
  • Vulnerable - Physical Area Attacks bypass his Insubstantiality as they smash large parts of the insects that make him up.

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
Mutants & Masterminds, Third Edition is ©2010-2015 Green Ronin Publishing, LLC. All rights reserved.

-------- -------- -------- --------
Zzzzt's origin is debated with some people claiming that he's the product of the combined intelligence of insects working as a hive mind. Others claim that he's a psychic presence that controls the insects. Others claim that a certain Melvin Throckmorton, former entomologist, who disappeared around the time that Zzzzt appeared, is the being behind the creature. Zzzzt has never deigned to answer such questions. His motivations are mysterious other than that he was amassing resources for... something.

After a bizarre series of crimes involving stealing seemingly unrelated pieces of super-science across the country, Zzzzt was caught in a sting (and yes, the newspapers worked that pun to death) and incapacitated by virtue of flooding the target area with smoke and then employing enough insecticide to reduce his mass to a manageable amount. He was taken to Buckner Ridge and kept in a cell that isolated him from acquiring sufficient insect mass to be of danger, but once incarcerated, he seemingly became a model prisoner, causing no trouble, largely spending his time sitting in his cell, not moving for hours at a time.

Now? Well, certain people have a new use for him. Maybe it's the Cartel behind the decision for him to be nominated to Team Cerberus. Maybe it's someone in the government chain who wants a way to ensure he's dead for good. Maybe it's something even stranger...

-------- -------- -------- --------

Mechanically, he's a bit undercapped. With Growth active, he's under on his defenses. At "normal" size, his exotic saves suffer. But his regeneration, his high toughness when bulked up, and such make him fairly effective, especially against more physical foes.
Last edited by FuzzyBoots on Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Still thinking of a mobility-type, either speedster or teleporter. Monkeying around with a TK-build as well, just in case.
Funkadelic

Post by Funkadelic »

Just saw the post on Roninarmy for recruitment and thought I would through my chips in the pile. I love the concept and have been looking for a M&M game.

Going with hired-muscle trying to turn his life around for his daughter and find out who killed his brother. I frustratingly lost my original post, but was able to recreate it (mostly). Let me know if there are questions or concerns.
Name: Clayton Cole
Alias: None
Height: 6’4”
Weight: 240lbs
Eyes: Green
Hair: Ruddy Red
Skin: Caucasian
Power Level: 10
Power Points: 150
Hero Points: 1

Abilities 2 + Powers 95 + Advantages 14 + Skills 17 + Defenses 22 = 150

[2]Abilities
Strength: 0/12
Stamina: 0/12
Agility: 0
Dexterity: 0
Fighting: 0
Intellect: -1
Awareness: 0
Presence: 2

[*]Combat[*]
Initiative +0
Destabilize: Weaken 12, +8 (DC Fort 22)
Entropic Blast: Damage 12, +8 (DC 27)
Entropic Wave: Cone Area Damage 10 (DC 25)
Grab, +8 (DC Spec 22)
Throw, +0 (DC 27)
Unarmed, +8 (DC 27)

[22]Defenses
Toughness: +12
Dodge: +6
Parry: +8
Fortitude: +12
Will: +8

[17]Skills *3sp/pp except C.C & R.C
Expertise: Criminal 6 (+5), Intimidation 9 (+11), Perception 6 (+6), Persuasion 9 (+11), Ranged Combat: Entropic Array 8 (+8), Vehicles 9 (+9)

[14]Advantages
Close Attack 8, Connected, Contacts, Interpose, Power Attack, Takedown 2

[95] Powers
[10]Enduring: Immunity 10 (Life Support)
[12]Enhanced Stamina: Enhanced Stamina 12 (+12 STA)
[12]Enhanced Strength: Enhanced Strength 12 (+12 STR)
[26]Entropic Array
Destabilize: Weaken 12 (Affects: Toughness, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 22, Increased Range: ranged)
Entropic Blast: Damage 12 (DC 27; Increased Range: ranged)
Entropic Wave: Cone Area Damage 10 (DC 25; Cone Area: 60 feet cone, DC 20)
[5]Leaping: Leaping 5 (Leap 250 feet at 60 miles/hour)
[5]Regeneration: Regeneration 5 (Every 2 rounds)
[1]Unaging: Immunity 1 (Aging)

**Complications**
Motivation(Responsibility): Clayton is trying to refocus his life to be a good role-model for his daughter. He doesn’t quite know what going straight would entail, but he’s tired of just being seen as another good. He wants to be something his daughter could be proud of.

Honor: The Cole Brothers always saw themselves as “professionals” with a code, even if the code was more theory than practice. Don’t attach people at church services. Don’t snitch. Keep it professional and leave families out of it as much as you can. Do the job you’re paid for. If you can’t do a job under the name your mom gave you, don’t take it. Don’t work for Nazis.

Relationship: There are two things driving Clayton right now, and one of them is realizing he has a 13 year old daughter he didn’t know about. They exchange letters and Clayton tries to be as fatherly as he can. His daughter Cassandra’s opinion of him is at the forefront of his mind and the root of his desire to better himself.

Hatred: The other thing driving Clayton is thinking about who killed his brother. The Cole Brothers were once a well-known force in the criminal underworld. For decades they worked as super-villains for hire. The twins were largely inseparable, a bond forged by blood, war and crime over most of a century. Clayton doesn’t know who killed his brother, but he is going to find them and make an example to others about what happens if you come after his family.

Enemy: Clayton never really thought about where his powers came from, but there are a number of people who want to know what fuels the ageless, indestructible, and powerful super-villains. He and his brother were often targeted by villains themselves trying to steal their powers. Some seem to know more about Clayton’s power than he does.

**Background**
The Cole Twins are Freedom City Boys through and through. Born and raised in the Fens, they grew up with little money in a rough neighborhood. With Curtis’s leadership, the two of them became hired muscle for the local gangs.

It was also Curtis’s idea to join up after Pearl Harbor to expand their skills and experiences. Clayton and his brother quickly became legendary “scroungers” and could get you almost anything outside the normal supply chains for the right price. This lead them to their powers when “liberating” stolen artifacts from an old German’s basement, a German squad was also there to secure the items and in the brief firefight one of the artifacts blew up bathing the twins in a mysterious energy, granting Clayton incredible strength, Curtis control of a destructive energy and both unnatural resiliance. Energized they quickly defeated their opponents and left.

They spend the rest of the war figuring out how their powers worked and began hiring themselves out as soon as they got back to the states. Over the next few decades anyone who was anyone had heard of the Cole Brothers. Many heroes hired them and many heroes had fought them. They know or know of a lot of people.

A job that went bad, from a mysterious benefactor, led to Curtis’s death. Clayton gained his powers as he passed and was able to survive. It also landed him in jail, where he sat in a funk until he started getting letters from a young girl named Cassandra. He didn’t respond until she mention he knew her mom (an old fling) and was able to piece together why she was so interested in an old con like him. They write regularly, though he doesn’t talk directly about his crimes unless she asks.

**Personality**
Clayton is a simple man who likes cold beer and baseball (even if his favorite players are long dead). He is loyal to his family and friends. Professional with rivals and absolutely deadly to people who come after him personally. He sees crime as just another job and doesn’t like when people get all obsessed with vendettas and the like. He lacks ambition and imagination which hampers his ability to actually turn his life around. He gets into a lot of trouble by simply not asking followup questions.

While he still looks relatively young, he's a little self-conscious about turning 100 in a few years. Between that and having a kid he still tries to stay up with what's in these days and the latest trends.

**Power Profile**
Clayton doesn’t know where his powers come from and doesn’t really care. They just pay the bills and help him live forever. Some of the brainier villains he’s worked for have suspected he and his brothers were avatars for a being of destruction or channeling the cosmic force of entropy.

Clayton is a blunt object, smashing and destroying anything in his way. In a fight, if he can’t overpower a foe he can usually outlast it with his toughness and regeneration.

His brother Curtis was more experimental with his powers, and Clayton has learned his fancier tricks.

Why Clayton got his brother’s powers upon death is an open question.
Last edited by Funkadelic on Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.