[3E OOC] The J.V. Team

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
FuzzyBoots

Re: [3E] Toys Will Be Toys (Recruiting)

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Nunya B wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 5:20 pm
FuzzyBoots wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 12:18 pmOverall, she looks intriguing, although I'm a bit hazy on how the armored suit / weapons works out. You have your pseudo-Removeable on the weapons and then nothing on the suit itself. Is it something that is more-or-less built into her?
IC, it's got really good security systems and is really tough. It's detachable, but it's not coming off without her say-so.
OOC, I just don't want to deal with having it removed from this character, since she's mostly useless without the suit. So I didn't take Removable.
I did want some degree of futzing with her weapons to be possible, so I hashed out External Controls to permit Disarm without having to take Removable. Speaking of, I've priced External Controls at the same discount as Removable. If you feel it's not detrimental enough for its discount, let me know how you'd want it changed.
No worries. I just wasn't certain if I understood. I think your current method works fine, and is an intriguing setup that I may wish to borrow.
Nunya B wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 5:20 pm
FuzzyBoots wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 12:18 pmAnd so that we don't come to disagreement on the Slow flaw of Variable, what do you see as the time/resources necessary to switch?
Something on the order of an hour with reasonable access to technological materials even if it's just off-the-shelf electronics: Spend an evening in a supermarket, yes. Spend fifteen minutes in a lab, not enough time. Spend a day in the forest, not without an Edit Scene to find supplies.
Since this is a one-shot, I'd planned to dial in a configuration once I know who else is around and then use a Hero Point if it needed reconfiguring.
Cool. Since it is a one-shot, I don't know how often you'll get a chance to reconfigure, but as you say, Hero Points.
Nunya B wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 5:20 pmConnected permits the user to spend a Hero Point to auto-pass the Persuasion check to call in a favor. The idea was that the luck point would be knowing the exact right person who'd want to do the thing anyways, so no Persuasion roll would be needed.
Ah. I missed that line. Makes sense.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Ghost of Krypton wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:31 am A Phaser without the red flag of being able to attack while Insubstantial, I wasn't sure how to express that his Phased state is his natural state, so I linked it to Aural Concealment and made it innate. My intention is that his Physical form is Sustained by nature, and any effect which would cause a Sustained power to drop would cause an instant reversion to his Insubstantial state. He can willingly drop it as a Free Action, but to assume his Physical Form, he needs to take a Full Round action. Let me know if there are any revisions required, comments and input appreciated.
One idea:
Since it's an advantage to go incorporeal when knocked unconscious, Continuous, Innate.
but then....
Nullify (Quantum powers), self-Only pr 1
It only needs 1 rank since you can choose to fail saves. When you go unconscious the Nullify turns off and the Continuous Insubstantial (previously suppressed) kicks on. Likewise if ever subjected to a power dampening effect, your Nullify will be dampened but your natural quantum state won't be.

Just a thought.
"Something pithy this way comes."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Titaness (Irene Darrow)

Height: 6' 6" - 32 Feet maximum height
Weight: 260 lbs - 12.5 tons maximum height
Eyes: Blue (glow)
Hair: Brown

PL: 8/122pp

Abilities (42pp)

Strength 4/12*, Stamina 4/12*, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 4/2*, Intellectt 2, Awareness 1, Presence 2

*At max height

Advantages 9 pp

All-out attack, Close Combat 2, Equipment 1, Great Endurance, Improved Initiative, Improved Grab, Power Attack, Startle

Skills 20 pp

Athletics 4 (+8/+16* *At max height), Expertise (Art) 8 (+10 ), Expertise (Earth Sciences) 4 (+6 ), Expertise (Survival) 4 (+6 ), Intimidate 8 (+10/+14 *At max height), Perception 4 (+5 ), Persuasion 2 (+4 ), Ranged Combat (thunderbolts) 2 (+4 ), Treatment 4 (+6 )

Powers (43pp)

Electric Titan (Growth 8 ( 30 Feet, Mass x8 [12 tons]; +8 Str, +8 End; +4 Intimidation, +1 Speed; +2 ranks reach; -8 Stealth, -4 Dodge, Parry) 16pp

Long Legs: (Speed 3 and leaping 1) 4pp

Quick healer (Regeneration 1) 1pp

Giant Fighter (Enhanced Dodge +4, Enhanced Parry +2 (Flaws: quirk Stats increase per 4 ranks in height -1pp) 5pp

Diminished fighter (Reduced fighting -2; Reduced Fort Save -4 )(Flaws: Quirk Stats Decrease only at max height +1pp) -7pp

Bio Resistance (Immunity 5 (Electricity) 5pp

Charged Brawl (enhanced Advantage 2 (improved Critical 2 (unarmed 18-20) 2pp

Giant Strength (Power Lifting 3) 3pp

Thunderbolt (Ranged Penetrating Burst area Damage 8 + Ranged Penetrating Damage 4 (Extras: Improved Critical 4 (16-20) (Flaws: targeted Area 8 ranks -1, Unreliable [Max of 3 blasts]; Limited [Fatiguing], Limited [Only at 20+ Feet height] 14pp

Equipment: Multi-tool, Morphic Molecule Suit (Feature: 1 Quick change, utility belt pockets, Thermaweave insulation (immunity 2 Heat Cold) 5ep

Defenses: (8pp)

Toughness: +4 (regular size), +6 (6ranks growth), +8 (4 ranks growth), +10 (6 ranks growth), +12 (Max height)

Dodge: +4 (normal size), +4 (Max height)

Parry: +4, +4 (Max height)

Fortitude: +6, +10 (Max Height)

Will: +6

Combat (8pp)

Melee: +6, +4 damage (normal size); +4, +12 Damage (max height)

Ranged: +4, +12 Damage (Thunderbolt)

Initiative: +6

Grab: +6 to hit, +4 DC (normal size); +4 to hit, +12 DC (max height)

Unarmed: +6, +4 damage (normal size size); +4, +12 Damage (max height)

Complications

Avid Environmentalist: Irene is a staunch environmental activist and gets easily angered by peoples carelessness

Static Shock (the bigger irene gets the more bio electricity she generates, at max height shes visible a good ways off, and is detectable by electric scanners at any size)

Tall gal (Irene is tall for her age at six foot six inches and stands out in a crowd)

Relationships (Mother; Caroline, is alive but still sick from the poisoning Irene tries to take care of her as she can)

========================================================
Abilities 42 + Skills 20 + Advantages 9 + Powers 43 + Combat 8 = 122 Total pp
========================================================

Irene Darrow was born into a peaceful environmental Commune where she learned to live in harmony with nature and others. This peaceful lifestyle would have continued had a greedy corporation not found that a rare earth metal was in abundance beneath the communes land. when Court tricks and money failed to move the people off the land the Company decided to do it for them by dumping a load of toxic waste into their water supply. the Poison spread rapidly sickening many of the communers as planned including Irenes mother. Irene was ill as well but when doctors tried to treat her she went into cardiac arrest. An attempt at Defibration lead to a shocking literally development as Irenes body exploded to a near thirty feet in height in a spectacular flash of thunder and lightning.

Enraged and in pain Irene went on a tear and nearly tore down the company by herself until The Freedom League intervened and talked her down. By the time the group was done investigating and the corps ceo in cuffs the damage to the commune was done and it was sadly too late to rebuild. Irene was handed off to- Claremont Academy where she began to learn about her powers and how to use them responsibly as the aptly named Titaness.

Titaness, Is the groups Environmental Conscience. She's very much into recycling and the ecology and is very knowledgeable about such things. Since her powers were the result of A corrupt corporations attempt to illegally dump toxic waste she doesn't trust many companies and is active in environmental protests. Still shes made a lot of friends and gets along well, even though she still has to remind everyone about the difference between the blue bin and the garbage can.

Apperance:

Once a petite little waif of a girl, Irene now stands at a statuesque Six and half feet of long legged womanhood. Long mid back length brown hair is complemented by Blue eyes that seem to glow from within especially when she uses her power where they glow like Neo signs. Being around her is like being near a transformer with a constant low hum of energy, which expands when she grows as the bio energy in her body expands and she super charges.

As Titaness Irene weares a Black and Red Body Suit with gold trim that glows as her powers activate.

Personality:

Irene is for the most part a friendly and warm personality, open and welcoming to everyone. Its only when the Ecology or Planet is brought up that she becomes fiercely motivated and an aggressive debater. While she wont force her opinions on anyone that doesn't ask if you do ask she can and WILL go on at length about the environment and mans evils towards it. Give that she was created by Corporate greed she reserves her special venom for corporations and other greedy types who anger her no end.

She remains an active participant in ecological protests and clean ups and encourages people to join in on social media.

Powers and Tactics:

Titaness is a fairly straight forward fighter using her height and incredible strength to best effect. Either bullying around her targets or setting them up for a teammate to finish off. Shes tough but not invulnerable so she shows more caution then one would expect and fights smart. at any size she is low level superhuman in strength and generates enough of an electric field to dish out a nasty shock to anyone she hits.

Her ace in the Hole is her Thunderbolt, and boy is it a doozy. As she grows her body generates more and more Bio Electicty until at max height she becomes massive tesla coil brimming with raw power. As members of the Freedom League found outthe hard way she can throw that power out in a massive explosive blast of raw lightning that can knock even Captain Thunder on his butt.

Claremont scientists and staff speculate that she could potentially grow even taller over time but for now her max seems to be thirty-thirty two feet give or take.

:arrow: huh? I got her into 120 did not expect that with a 3rd ed conversion Titaness is a pretty simple concept the bigger she gets the hotter she gets--I mean energy Jab don't be a goof :P :lol: -- At 20+ feet in height she generates enough charge to fling her thunderbolts. she can only do it three times max before she needs to recharge which usually takes a GM approved length of time, a few hours usually.

Beyond that though she relies on good old fashioned 30+ foot high feet and fists.

Also I believe I have correctly gotten the math right on her tradeoffs for height

:arrow: Edit did a bit of final shuffling added a super suit for modesties sake, and some quirks to show her enhanced stats only kick in as she grows. should cover all her bases

:arrow: Second adjustment made to make 8 ranks of the thunderbolt Aoe while the other 4 are targeted due to PL limits for Aoes, used the spare points to boost her intimidation and add an additional rank of improved crit to the blast

:arrow: One more edit for Irene make sure her will and fort saves meet pl limits

:arrow: reedid to fit her into the format requested. spent 2xp on All out attack, and boosted her Power lifting
Last edited by catsi563 on Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:21 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

You have a base Agility 2, purchased no Dodge Defense Bonus, but did buy Enhanced Dodge +4... Your final Dodge Defense should be +6 / +4 with Growth active.

You have a base Fighting 4, purchased no Parry Defense Bonus, but did buy Enhanced Parry +4 and a Reduced Fighting -2*... Your final Parry Defense should be +6 / +4 with Growth active.

You have a base Stamina 4, +8 Stamina from Growth, no Defensive Roll or Protection... So that’s a final Toughness Defense of +4 / +12 with Growth active.

+6 / +4 and +4 / +12 equals 10/16. So you’re PL5 when human sized and PL8 at full height. Spot on for a Growth-based hero, IMHO.

* This would probably be more efficiently achieved just by buying a lower Fighting Attribute and then taking some Ranks in the Close Attack Advantage. IMHO.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

You have a base Agility 2, purchased no Dodge Defense Bonus, but did buy Enhanced Dodge +4... Your final Dodge Defense should be +6 / +4 with Growth active.
Incorrect Dodge is purchased at base 2+2pp for 4 base dodge; her giant size reduces the dodge to 0 where her enhanced dodge kicks in for a dodge of 4 at max size
You have a base Fighting 4, purchased no Parry Defense Bonus, but did buy Enhanced Parry +4 and a Reduced Fighting -2*... Your final Parry Defense should be +6 / +4 with Growth active.
this is correct Ill fix as appropriate can probably just buy down the parry mod at full height for a parry of 4 max height
You have a base Stamina 4, +8 Stamina from Growth, no Defensive Roll or Protection... So that’s a final Toughness Defense of +4 / +12 with Growth active.

+6 / +4 and +4 / +12 equals 10/16. So you’re PL5 when human sized and PL8 at full height. Spot on for a Growth-based hero, IMHO.
thats what i was going for she has 2 ranks in CC so she shoudl be good in a tuffle
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Okay, I just find your format a little hard to parse. (This is why I explicitly call out how many base ranks of each Defense I buy and gave my little “worksheet” at the end of my Builds).
Camus

Post by Camus »

MacynSnow wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 5:14 pm
Camus wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 3:28 pm
Name: Hatori Zenzou AKA Neo Ninja
You used my Ninjutsu fighting style for him from the gym,didn't you(if you did,fantastic!I'll get to see it in actual play)?! :shock:
I really have no clue what you are talking about :?:
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

he means this

Catsi stories
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Camus wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 8:59 pm
MacynSnow wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 5:14 pm
Camus wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 3:28 pm
Name: Hatori Zenzou AKA Neo Ninja
You used my Ninjutsu fighting style for him from the gym,didn't you(if you did,fantastic!I'll get to see it in actual play)?! :shock:
I really have no clue what you are talking about :?:
He is referring to this. But there's a lot of ways to skin a cat.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Did a quick edit on Titaness shuffled a couple things around she should be solid now

Catsi stories
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Now that we got a tall person,let's introduce you to the "Runt" of the litter....
ImageImage
get rid of the staff and turn the colors into the Academy School colors
THE BUG Real Name: Ernest "Ernie" Graystone Occupation:Student/Hero PL/PP:8/120
Height:5'7"(3 inches max shrink) Weight:158ibs./? ibs. max shrink Eyes:Brown Hair: Black
Stats=36pnt.
STR- 1 STA- 2 AGL- 3 FGT- 6 DEX- 2 INT- 2 AWE- 2 PRE- 0

Skills=18--8pnt.
Acrobatics 2(+5) Close Combat:Unarmed 2(+8) Insight 3(+5) Perception 3(+5) Stealth 2(+5) Expertise:Science--Limited to Etymology 4(+6)
Investigation 2(+4)

Advantages=9 pnt
Accurate Attack, Benefit:Security Clearence(Albright Institute), Benefit: Insects assume he's one of them, Evasion(2), Improved Defense,
Uncanny Dodge, Improved Smash,Well-informed

Powers=42 pnt Power Origin=Natural Mutation (Pheromone release for Tagalong Call& The 8-Legged Network)
SHRINK 14 (+6 Dodge/Parry, +14 Stealth, -6 Intimidation Extra:Normal Strength) {42}
---"Insect Strength" Enhanced Strength 2(Flaw:limited to small size) {2}
---"Fight like an Insect" Enhanced Advantages 4: Close Attack 4 (Flaw:Limited to while shrunk) {2}
---"Tagalong Call" Affliction 4(Will;Dazed, Compelled, Controlled, Area 60ft. Burst+2 Flaw:limited to insects) {8}
---"The 8-Legged Network" Comprehend 2(Speak&Understand Animals Flaw:limited to insects only) {2}

Offense:
Unarmed +8(+1 Damage, DC 16)
"Fight Like An Insect" Unarmed +12(+3 Damage, DC 18)
Initiative +3

Defense= 13pnt
Dodge +6(DC 20)--Parry +6(DC 20)--Toughness +2--Fortitude +8--Will+8
"Small Size" Dodge +13(DC25)--"Small Size" Parry +13(DC 25)--Toughness +2--Fortitude+8--Will+8

Complications:
Vulnerable(Small Size)-like all shrinking folks,Ernie's vulnerable despite his higher defenses at small size.All attacks from human sized opponents are considered Area Attacks ounce he hits anything smaller than shrink 12....

Do me a Solid,Bro!-if he uses the Well-informed advantage,the Insect species in question would require him to do something for them in return(help them find a better nesting spot,get rid of that stupid spider in the corner,etc.)....

Relationship( Professor Juliet Graystone;Mom)-Ernie loves his mom(A renowned Etymologist and former love Intrest of the deceased hero The Flea)and talks to her often,despite being at the Academy...

Relationship(The Albright Institute)- Since his mom works as a Part-time Consultant for the Institute,Erine consider's everyone that works(or currently dwell's there) "family",even if their Super-Criminal's he'll have to fight sometime.I mean,every family has a few "Black Sheep" in it,right?...

Legacy(The Flea)-Ernie's Dad was the deceased Hero The Flea,and he wants to get involved in the "family buisness" so badly(He was born several months after his dad died,so he has no memories of him)....

Reckless-Bug wants to be like his dad so badly that he'll sometimes jump into a situation without considering it first...

Background:
Ernest grew-up in the Hanover district of Freedom City,the son of a World renound Etymologist Professor Juliet Grayston.His early childhood was fairly normal(if fairly wierd what with all the Scientist's from The Albright Institute hanging around...),though he tended to suffer from a small case of Vertigo ounce in awhile.A small and quiet child(sometimes his early teachers and babysitters would forget he was even there untill he said or did something),Ernie became something of a bookworm,always reading and discovering new types of Insect's around his house and school.

His life changed drastically,however,when he turned 16.Instead of getting a car like the rest of his(relatively small) circle of friend's,he was given a "genetic gift" from his late father,namely the ability to shrink his size to that of his insect "friends".His Mother came home to discover him the size of a Black Ant,briefly panicked and immediately took him to the institute,which helped him get back to normal size(with the help of their Micron Scientific Armor).His mother then set him down and told him the Family Secret:His late father(whom he'd been told was one of the casualties of The Terminus Invasion) was the Superhero known as The Flea.Now whereas his father could shrink by accessing a form of energy,Ernie not only gained that but could also communicate with all types of Insects(wether this was one of the flea's powers or is the result of Natural mutation is unknown at this time.....).

After helping Ernest for 2-3 weeks after the incident to adjust,the Institute put his mother in contact with Duncan Summers,the headmaster of The Claremont Academy.......

Build notes:
This is actually my first attempt at making a size-alteration character,so we'll see how it goes....
Last edited by MacynSnow on Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:43 pm, edited 26 times in total.
Camus

Post by Camus »

had no idea that existed, neat. Actually my build predates that post, for any copyright infringement reason :lol:
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

If im reading him right hes a 12-3 when shrunk and a 16-2 defensively which means hes off pl by1 on the defense.

Catsi stories
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

I may need to submit something for this. Maybe Blitz (human with an alien prototype weapon for an arm) or Mercy (biokinetic touch field medic type)

Or maybe something else entirely. I'll bounce some ideas around the old noodle tonight and see if something sticks.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Okay, so the 30’ giantess picks up the 6’ hero and Fastball Special’s them into the stratosphere... Then, just the 6’ hero reaches apogee, they Fastball Special the 1” tall shrinking guy into low earth orbit.