[3E OOC] The J.V. Team

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
MacynSnow

Re: [3E] Toys Will Be Toys (Recruiting)

Post by MacynSnow »

catsi563 wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 9:36 pm If im reading him right hes a 12-3 when shrunk and a 16-2 defensively which means hes off pl by1 on the defense.
Where at you figure he's off on defense,maybe Dodge?
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Batgirl III wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 9:58 pm Okay, so the 30’ giantess picks up the 6’ hero and Fastball Special’s them into the stratosphere... Then, just the 6’ hero reaches apogee, they Fastball Special the 1” tall shrinking guy into low earth orbit.
........That would be AWESOME to do,just let Ernie borrow an Evo-suit.... :lol:
Last edited by MacynSnow on Sat May 26, 2018 3:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

MacynSnow wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 9:59 pm
catsi563 wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 9:36 pm If im reading him right hes a 12-3 when shrunk and a 16-2 defensively which means hes off pl by1 on the defense.
Dodge +16(DC26)--"Small Size" Parry +16(DC 26)--Toughness +2- 16+2 = 18 which is PL 9.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

catsi563 wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 10:08 pm
MacynSnow wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 9:59 pm
Dodge +16(DC26)--"Small Size" Parry +16(DC 26)--Toughness +2- 16+2 = 18 which is PL 9.
So if i drop toughness by 1,i should even my number out?....
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

be better to drop dodge parry by 2 each otherwise well Bug wind shield :shock:
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

catsi563 wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 10:19 pm be better to drop dodge parry by 2 each otherwise well Bug wind shield :shock:
Goid point,consider it done! :)
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Camus wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 3:28 pm Name: Hatori Zenzou AKA Neo Ninja Height 1.6mts
Chakra blockage jutsu ( Afliction 8 : 3: Paralyzed. Progressive, limited to 3rd. Fort. Accurate ) · 17 point/s
Hidden blade jutsu ( Damage 10 : Linked: Chakra blockage. Secondary effect. Subtle, Limited: Usable on surprised characters. ) · 11 point/s
If it's Linked, you always have to use them together. Given one of them can only be used in certain situations and is subtle, that means only occasionally will you be doing damage and you can't use either independently, but when you do, they'll largely notice the chakra blockage attack while not seeing the hidden blade that also happens. Or did you mean to link them?
Camus

Post by Camus »

Hm so... if I add subtle to chakra jutsu then they would work fine? Im missing a point then. Using them independently is not really important for me, but if I could it would be fun for role play matters, like paralyzing someone just because =p
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Camus wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:46 pm Hm so... if I add subtle to chakra jutsu then they would work fine? Im missing a point then. Using them independently is not really important for me, but if I could it would be fun for role play matters, like paralyzing someone just because =p
Hmm... could you explain to me how you expect things to work between the Chakra blockage jutsu and your two arrayed blade attacks?

What do you want his Improved Critical applied to?

Your Techno Shinobi Array comes in higher than 11 PP, but I'm fine with using the alternate Obscure, which brings you back down to the right amount.

Also, your defenses aren't quite right. You have 4 ranks of Defensive Roll, but list 2 Toughness from Advantages. And your combined Will and Fortitude come out to 18.

You have 18 PP of skills, not 12 (is this from a campaign that had the 3 skill points per power point rule?).
Ghost of Krypton

Post by Ghost of Krypton »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 12:58 pmI'm sure some things will be answered with his background, but what do you see as the mechanic for his Penetrates Concealment vision? How does he handle deciding whether he's looking at, or through, something? Also, note that this scenario does involve some puzzles wherein this sense may not work as well as normally to preserve some of the challenge. In those cases, you should get a Hero Point.
As I have a quick turn around for work I'll be unable to get a completed history until tomorrow afternoon; however with the Penetrates Concealment on his vision, I see (no pun intended!) it as allowing him to see out of an object he is currently phased in, so if he were 'hiding' in the pavement of a parking lot he could see through the asphalt if he were waiting for a specific individual. However, were he standing on the same parking lot, and watching a warehouse across the street he couldn't see through the walls.

Maybe I can place a Limited: Phased Materials (-1/R) Flaw on it, and it will be less problematic to the investigation.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

I’m going to be in and out of airports for the next 24- to 48-hours; I’ll fix my math mistakes with Express as soon as I am able.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:28 am
RainOnTheSun wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 3:37 am I'll see what other people are interested in playing before I make a final character submission. If any of my old PC ideas seem interesting to you, however, I have:

A refugee from Anti-Earth who lies fluently and punches holes in things

An alien warrior who fights like a Dragonball character

And a guy whose split personality has telekinetic powers

The first would probably be the easiest to convert to Claremont Academy, but any of them would be fun to play. And I could make something new, if I see a niche in the developing party that needs filling.
All three could work, once adjusted for PL. I actually rather like the concept of Johnny Janus -- I'm guessing it was one of the Davies games you submitted him for -- although he'd probably need more adjustment to be a student than the others, at least in terms of his background.
It was Spectrum's eldritch city, actually. And I'm working on converting Johnny right now, and I've got another background idea for him. Fair warning: I have been watching a lot of Brooklyn Nine Nine lately.

Edit: Actually, I might as well ask the group: I've got a highly invulnerable girl who mostly interposes and Sets Up teammates, and I've got a slightly-crazy psychic boy detective. Anyone have one they'd rather see? Too much overlap with Titaness might be bad, but there are some low toughness submissions and nobody with Interpose. On the other hand, nobody seems to have Investigate, either.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 2:51 am
FuzzyBoots wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:28 am
RainOnTheSun wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 3:37 am I'll see what other people are interested in playing before I make a final character submission. If any of my old PC ideas seem interesting to you, however, I have:

A refugee from Anti-Earth who lies fluently and punches holes in things

An alien warrior who fights like a Dragonball character

And a guy whose split personality has telekinetic powers

The first would probably be the easiest to convert to Claremont Academy, but any of them would be fun to play. And I could make something new, if I see a niche in the developing party that needs filling.
All three could work, once adjusted for PL. I actually rather like the concept of Johnny Janus -- I'm guessing it was one of the Davies games you submitted him for -- although he'd probably need more adjustment to be a student than the others, at least in terms of his background.
It was Spectrum's eldritch city, actually. And I'm working on converting Johnny right now, and I've got another background idea for him. Fair warning: I have been watching a lot of Brooklyn Nine Nine lately.

Edit: Actually, I might as well ask the group: I've got a highly invulnerable girl who mostly interposes and Sets Up teammates, and I've got a slightly-crazy psychic boy detective. Anyone have one they'd rather see? Too much overlap with Titaness might be bad, but there are some low toughness submissions and nobody with Interpose. On the other hand, nobody seems to have Investigate, either.
Slighty crazy psychic boy detective sounds intresting rp-wise, but highly invulnerable girl sounds better for the group(overlap isn't that bad with Titaness)....my vote goes to Invulnerable Girl, as with Interpose&Set-up your looking at some intresting combos....
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Okay, if I’ve gotten my maths right this time, Express’ Time Stop Array should be as follows:

Time Stop Travel Teleport 4 (500’, 200 lbs.; E: Accurate, Change Direction, Change Velocity, Increased Mass [2], Subtle [2]; F: Limited [to places you can physically reach]) [ 14 PP ]
AE: Time Stop Dodge Deflect 12 (E: Subtle [2]) [ 1 PP ]
AE: Time Stop Manipulation Teleport 2 (120', 200 lbs.; E: Area [60' Burst], Change Direction, Change Velocity, Increased Mass [2], Ranged [Perception], Subtle [2]; F: Limited [to things you can physically move]) [ 1 PP ]
AE: Time Stop Multitasking Quickness 12 (Eight Hours in Six Seconds; E: Subtle [2]) [ 1 PP ]

I might try to free up another PP somewhere in her build to add in another Alternate Effect to give her an Extended Teleport. But, then again, I could always just use a Power Stunt if necessary.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Your math looks fine to me,BG!

also,Bug background's up...:D
Last edited by MacynSnow on Sat May 26, 2018 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.