[3E OOC] The J.V. Team

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Camus

Re: [3E OOC] The J.V. Team

Post by Camus »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:01 pm Work conference, followed by heading up to TN for a family reunion, where I got into a fender bender. Hoping to post tonight. Sorry.
Uhgh! Hope everyone is alright!
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

It's been awhile since I looked at the actual info for the school, how well known is it that claremont is the 'Superhero' school?
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:07 am It's been awhile since I looked at the actual info for the school, how well known is it that claremont is the 'Superhero' school?
Others can correct me, but my understanding is that it's still under wraps for the most part. Claremont is now limited to people with powers (or close enough to being so due to them going the "train to be an elite human with gadgets" route), but the public cover story is that it's just very exclusive.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

My own understanding is its one of those open secrets that everyone is supposed to not know about but everyone does anyways, and just doesn't discuss it outside closed doors. the secrecy is for security purposes to keep shadow and such away and the kids safe also to keep the media from turning it into a publc spectacle but at the same time kids being kids and social media being a thing youre going to find mention of it all over so they take steps to keep the schools profile low.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

I have the impression the AI Daedalus sent us here under a false pretense so we would have information he thought we may need for something that may or may not be related, but isn't actually tied to our report.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

And I just realized I forgot to describe anything else in the alcove... yes, there's a glass case with what looks to be bone fragments. At a conference, so I can't elaborate IC.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Did anyone want to do anything more at the church? Do we need more action? People are pretty quiet.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Sorry, mostly just kinda mind stuck on the situation. Didn't want to push towards moving forward before others were ready, but I've got no ideas for Josh to do here.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

While it's a fun RP experience, I can't think of much else do do here either. I'll trust that this visit will have relevance later, but for now it's time for them to take their leave of the place.
------------
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Mostly the same with irene investigations a smidge out of her comfort zone so shes doing her best to support the team
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

I guess, from the GM perspective, player silence feels more like player apathy than character apathy. :-/
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Well, I won't lie and say I'm not hoping for some exciting combat a littlr later down thr line... ;)

No though, I'm still enjoying the game, ut just feels like we've just about stretched the scene to where all we can.
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Nah, not a matter of apathy, player or character.

Josh is trying to figure out why an AI programmed by Daedalus would send them here for their project when there is apparently nothing relating to their project here. There's just only so many ways to iterate that in more than a single post.

He has no personal interest in religion or saints or relics, but since Cindy seemed interested, he's not about to rush them along. I guess I could put that in a post, but it doesn't make for a very interesting post either, lacking interactive hooks to respond to, which is where the brain lock comes in. I'm not sure what exactly to post and how to in such a way it at least offers some manner of something to respond to.

Nothing wrong with how things have played out so far, just happens that it seems only Cindy is really personally interested in the topic at hand and the rest of us are respectfully standing by to let Malsyn enjoy the exchange. No big :)
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I actually decided to have made her catholic at that exact moment. Her religious affiliations never came to mind previously. Could you tell? :lol:

Was fun exploring a new aspect of her character to show she's more then some super dense meatheaded girl. Didn't intend to take up any of that spotlight there, I was actually kinda hoping the smarter characters would have had a better understand of what to ask. Nice all the same.
------------
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Then, would it make sense for me to just post a "You leave the church, and show up at the nightclub" post? It feels like taking away your agency, but if you're all done and you've expressed your desire to move elsewhere I can do that.

And remind me... where do people see their ages as being? I see Titaness is 16, and I know we've discussed this before, but I don't have the opportunity to plumb the posts at the moment.