[3E OOC] The J.V. Team

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: [3E] Toys Will Be Toys (Recruiting)

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I can really dig that as a tie in if the two got in together, I even included mention of a psychiatric ward in the backstory I just cooked up. Pretty short compared to my usual deal, but I think it get's things across.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Okay, I THINK I actually have something this time. I'm not going to say what so I don't jinx it. >_>
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

At this point I'm looking at a character with a ranged focus, since most of the submissions seem concentrated on close effects (though obviously not exclusively so). I'll see what I can put together over the weekend, when I have better access to my books- this week has been just a bit crazy.

For now:
1. Presto!- reflavored a bit. still a very short range teleporter for her own use, but focusing more on trickery and a bit of ranged magic
2. Rain- socially/environmentally conscious apprentice weather controller
3. Silversmith (2)- has very weak TK powers, but has recently "inherited" her mother's power-enhancement tech (and heroic legacy)
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

pathfinderq1 wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 6:12 pm At this point I'm looking at a character with a ranged focus, since most of the submissions seem concentrated on close effects (though obviously not exclusively so). I'll see what I can put together over the weekend, when I have better access to my books- this week has been just a bit crazy.

For now:
1. Presto!- reflavored a bit. still a very short range teleporter for her own use, but focusing more on trickery and a bit of ranged magic
2. Rain- socially/environmentally conscious apprentice weather controller
3. Silversmith (2)- has very weak TK powers, but has recently "inherited" her mother's power-enhancement tech (and heroic legacy)
I'd go with Silversmith (2), as she'd be both better suited due to the Legacy and the TK would work well with everybodies current powers.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Heh I don't know, the idea of rain and titaness commiserating over the environment before getting into a fight where rain drops a lightning bolt out of the sky which Titaness catches and then promptly uses to supercharge her own before blasting the Big bad into oblivion or Hoboken appeals to me :D
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

There are two submissions with Interpose, so if you have any fragile, high-defense low-toughness characters you've wanted to try out, this might be a good opportunity for them.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Alright, I have significant progress on my character to share what I'm working on without jinxing.

A mute sonokinetic that absorbs sound and repurposes it into psionic energy in the form of psychic forcefields she can sheath solid objects in to reinforce their strength and durability.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

EpicEclipse wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 12:02 am reinforce their strength and durability.
*Cindy Intesifies*
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 12:06 am
EpicEclipse wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 12:02 am reinforce their strength and durability.
*Cindy Intesifies*
Don't get too excited. It increases strength and durability, but at the expensive of mobility. Her psychic armor is very rigid, so when she coats something or someone in it, they can't move.

EDIT: More accurately, they lose flexibility. They can BE moved. Like, a rock can be armored then thrown, but a willow branch would lose its flexibility while armored.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I feel like Tough Stuff wouldn't think that through. Sudden giant robot, cindy looks over at your Sonokinetic and says, "Bulk me up, let's do this!"directly following this is her screaming at the top of her lungs while she tries to charge the giant robot, only to be completely imobolized while everyone else just walks past her.
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Just picturing someone swinging her around like Kole from Teen Titans now.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

EpicEclipse wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 12:26 am Just picturing someone swinging her around like Kole from Teen Titans now.
psst 30 foot giantess with massive supser strength *hint hint nudge nudge*

giant robot appears

Tough stuff: Buff me *force field is applied*

TS: ummm I cant move, I need some help getting to the bad guy

*titaness walks past at full height*

*beat*

Titaness: You sure about this?

TS: Let them have it, Fast Ball right down the middle.

Titaness: ok if you're sure. *CHUCKS TS like a randy johnson fireball special*

TS: OMGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! *COLIDES with Giant Robot with mack truck full of anvils going off cliff sound*

*Team pulls TS out of robots remains TS gives thumbs up*
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

*claps* Everything about that is juat pure gold.
------------
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Then Express stops time, heads over to that shawarma place across town we all like, and time resumes and she's got lunch for everybody.

"Alright team, good hustle. Good hustle. You need some orange slices, Tee?"
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Ernie would shake his head and, after giving his Insect buddies the sugar cubes they asked for for helping out,helps pull her out while saying

"You could've thrown Both of us Tee,it would've been easier you know...."