[3E OOC] The J.V. Team

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
RainOnTheSun

Re: [3E] Toys Will Be Toys (Recruiting)

Post by RainOnTheSun »

I'll see what other people are interested in playing before I make a final character submission. If any of my old PC ideas seem interesting to you, however, I have:

A refugee from Anti-Earth who lies fluently and punches holes in things

An alien warrior who fights like a Dragonball character

And a guy whose split personality has telekinetic powers

The first would probably be the easiest to convert to Claremont Academy, but any of them would be fun to play. And I could make something new, if I see a niche in the developing party that needs filling.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Batgirl III wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 9:46 pm Image
EXPRESS
Original Character (Advanced)
Power Level 8 ( 120 PP )

Pink Floyd wrote:The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older...
ABILITIES
Strength 2
Stamina 2
Agility 4
Dexterity 4
Fighting 4
Intellect 4
Awareness 3
Presence 3

SKILLS
Acrobatics 8 (+12), Athletics 4 (+6), Close Combat [Unarmed] 6 (+10), Expertise [Gymnastics] 2 (+6), Investigation 4 (+8), Perception 5 (+8), Persuasion 2 (+5), Treatment 1 (+5)

ADVANTAGES
Agile Fient, Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (2), Evasion, Improved Smash, Languages [English, Vietnamese], Power Attack, Seize Initiative

POWERS
Stop Time Array [ 17 PP Total ]
Time Stop Travel Teleport 8 (One Mile, 200 lbs.; E: Accurate, Change Direction, Change Velocity, Increased Mass [2], Subtle [2]; F: Limited [to places you can physically reach]) [ 14 PP ]
AE: Time Stop Dodge Deflect 12 (E: Subtle [2]) [ 1 PP ]
AE: Time Stop Manipulation Teleport 2 (120', 200 lbs.; E: Area [60' Burst], Increased Mass [2], Ranged [Perception], Subtle [2]; F: Limited [to things you can physically move]) [ 1 PP ]
AE: Time Stop Multitasking Quickness 12 (Eight Hours in Six Seconds; E: Subtle [2]) [ 1 PP ]

Time Sensitive Senses 2 (Mental: Time Sense, Temporal Awareness) [ 2 PP ]

EQUIPMENT [ 10 EP Total ]
Commlink [ 1 EP ]
Wrist-Mounted Grappling Claw Movement 2 (Safe-Fall, Swinging) [ 4 EP ]
AE: Move Object 3 (300 lbs.; E: Tether; E: Limited Direction [Attraction]) [ 1 EP ]
AE: Slash with Claw Damage 2 (Strength-based; E: Accurate, Feature [counts as unarmed]) [ 1 EP ]
X-Men Uniform Protection 2 (E: Subtle [1]) [ 3 EP ]

DEFENSE
Dodge (10) Base 6
Parry: (10) Base 6
Fortitude: (6) Base 4
Toughness: (4/6) ——
Will: (10) Base 7

COMPLICATIONS
Motivation (Xavier's Dream): Express believes deeply in Professor X's mission of protecting a world that hates and fears mutant kind. Hoping, one day, to see humans and mutants living in peaceful coexistence.
Prejudice (Mutant): Although she has no obvious physical mutations, Express is still a mutant, and must face the hatred and fear that this can cause when others learn about her status.
Quirk (Subjective Time): Express's powers involve stopping time while she continues to be active. For example, she doesn't "teleport" when she uses Time Stop Travel, she stops time and actually walks to her new destination. She can "overexert herself" if she uses her powers recklessly, as she will still grow hungry, become sleep deprived, or otherwise exhausted based on her subjective time. Using Time Stop Travel to walk a mile down the road is just as taxing as walking there in "real time," using Time Stop Multitasking to study for eight hours in an instant is just as tiring (and just as boring) as doing eight hours of work "for real."

WORKSHEET
Attack: 10 Effect: 2 Total: 12 (Unarmed)
Attack: 12 Effect: 4 Total: 16 (Grappling Claw)
Dodge: 10 Tough: 4/6 Total: 14/16
Parry: 10 Tough: 4/6 Total: 14/16
Deflect: 12 Tough: 4 Total: 16
Fort: 6 Will: 10 Total: 16

ABILITIES [ 52 pp ] +
SKILLS [ 16 pp ] +
ADVANTAGES [ 10 pp ] +
POWERS [ 19 pp ] +
DEFENSES [ 23 pp ] =
120 PP TOTAL

Date of Birth: Age 17
Height: 4'8" (1.42 m)
Weight: 95 lbs. (43.0 kg)
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Black
Race: Human Mutant
Identity: Secret
Religion: Athiest
Relationships: Family Status Unknown
Legal Status: Naturalized Citizen of the United States with no criminal record.
Batgirl III wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:26 am Background:
Phan Thi Trinh was travelling in the United States, being scouted by various gymnastics training programs. When she and her uncle, Huy, were crossing a busy Boston street, a drunk driver in a box truck ran the light. Although she had been standing inches from her uncle, holding his hand in fact, she was suddenly standing on the curb. Totally unscathed. Police detectives were baffled.

Trinh entered a state of shock. She could only dwell on the fact that when the truck started racing across the street, she had somehow stopped it in its tracks and was able to get herself out of the path. In actuality, she had reflexively stopped time for everyone but herself, freezing the outside world in place. Unfortunately, her reflexes hadn't protected her uncle, leading to his death.

The police placed the traumatized girl in a hospital for forty-eight hour observation, during which she mostly slept and cried. When she was released, she was told that the police were looking further into things, but they did not have any reason to think this was anything but an unfortunate accident. However, the detective overseeing her case suspected that perhaps Trinh had been more than simply lucky. She contacted Dr. Moira MacTaggert, who confirmed that the girl was indeed a mutant — potentially a very powerful one. Dr. MacTaggert offered Suzanne a chance to train in the use of her mutant abilities at the Xavier School.
Batgirl III wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 9:46 pm Background:
Trinh has gained a lot more confidence in her abilities and learned to supplement her already impressive gymnastics skills with mixed martial arts. Since becoming a full-member of the X-Men, she's begun to wear a lightly armored costume (although she still relies mostly on avoiding incoming attacks) and added to her maneuverability with the use of a wrist-mounted grappling hook... Much to her teammates' surprise during a sparring session, she's learned to use it as an offensive weapon too.

Notes:
So my group's X-Men Academy game has had our "Two Years Later" time-skip: Trinh's powers haven't changed a great deal, but she's gotten a lot better in a fight. Time Stop Manipulation continues to play merry havoc with any weapon-dependent Minions.
Created for an X-Men game, but easily adapted to Freedom City. Replace references to the Xavier School with Claremont Academy, etc.
Last edited by Batgirl III on Wed May 23, 2018 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

Evelyn Grae
Daughter of Villains

Background
Origin
· Evelyn is from a super-family. The other type of super-family.
· The only daughter of B-list technological super-villains Professor Ray-ser and Nocturna, Evelyn grew up in a loving but dysfunctional environment.
· Her parents were disgustingly in love with each other and their daughter, but favored super-technology instead of traditional methods and disdained the “society with no understanding of true genius”.
· Evelyn grew up in an environment where super-technology was the norm, social norms were suggestions at best, and famous super-villains were common dinner guests.
· Against all odds, Evelyn grew up only a little awkward and sheltered, and with a good sense of morals. (Based mainly around ignoring what her parents say about how to treat others)

· For years now, she’s only been allowed outside in an armored suit equipped with both her father’s radio-blaster technology and her mother’s shadow-dimension technology, as well as integrated safety systems.
· One day while on a trip to the mall, she was jumped by a group of young thugs who were looking for trouble. While she soundly defeated them, the incident went viral as people assumed that the daughter of villains had gone hero.
· By the time she got home, her inbox was full of praise from her friends and the Claremont Academy had sent her an invitation to their newest initiative.
· Evelyn has taken up heroism as first a hobby then a full passion, drowning in the recognition she received. So far she's only encountered street thugs and never faced a proper super-villain.
· She accepted the Claremont Academy's offer, though declined to attend the first week of classes following her father's offhand comment that "I never learned anything in the first week".

Personality
· Her strange upbringing has left Evelyn with a strange outlook on life.
· Having all her role-models be on the wrong side of the law has led her to be fairly rude and thoughtless of others, though she tries hard to be nicer.
· She’s also never quite developed the fear of villains and criminals that a normal citizen has, due to having met so many on civil terms.
· She’s approaching heroics far too blithely, and is extremely laid-back about it. None of the family friends were bad people, after all. Just weird.
· Being so sheltered has left Evelyn bad with other people, but having never had a really bad experience has left this just as social clumsiness instead of social anxiety.
· She handles professional situations and formal situations fine, but exposure to the family friends has left her convinced you can’t understand superpeople.
· It doesn’t help that she has a tendency to skip the “boring” half of a sentence or speak with pointless theatrics, so is frequently misunderstood.

Appearance
· Evelyn is a bit on the short side, a bit on the plain side, and a bit on the exotic side.
· She wears normal clothing over a black-and-silver armored suit with large forearm mounted energy projectors.
· Recently she’s taken to accessorizing by taking a can of spray-paint to her armor.

Game Statistics
PL 8, 120 PP
Abilities (4 pp)
· STR: -1, STA: -1, DEX: 1, AGI: 1, FGT: -1, INT: 2, AWE: 2, PRE: -1

Skills (12 pp)
· Expertise: Education 8(10), Technology 16(18)

Advantages (5 pp)
· Connected (Retired super-villains), Eidetic Memory, Equipment 1 (Smartphone), Inventor, Luck 1 (Alternate: HPs for Connected)

Powers (86 pp)
Vil- Heroic Gimmick of the Week: (Technological: Varies) (6 pp)
· Variable 1 (Gadgets), Slow

Safety Systems: (Technological: Armor) (34 pp)
· Flight 1, Levitation, Continuous
· Immunity: Life Support
· Protection 10
· Dodge 6
· Parry 6

Transit Systems: (Technological: Rockets) (6 pp)
· Jumping 6

Ray-ser Projector: (Technological: Radio) (20 pp)
· Long Wave
· · Blast 7, Perception Range
· Short Wave
· · Damage 7, Area Cone, Selective
· Standing Wave
· · Create 7, Selective
· Carrier Wave
· · Move Object 10, Precise
· Radio Wave
· · Communication 5 (Radio)
· · Radio Sense, Accurate, Extended 2
· External Controls (-5 pp)

Noctis Projector: (Technological: Dimensional) (20 pp)
· Long Shadows
· · Blast 7, Perception Range
· Cast Shadows
· · Affliction 7 (Initial resistance Dodge, subsequent resistance Damage: Impaired, Disabled, Paralyzed), Area Cone, Selective
· No Shadows
· · Concealment 10, Precise
· Deep Shadows
· · Insubstantial 4 (Ignored by Dimensional), Precise
· Grasping at Shadows
· · Deflect 7, Reflect, Redirect
· External Controls (-5 pp)

Defenses (13 pp)
· Dodge: 7
· Parry: 5
· Fortitude: 5
· Toughness: 9
· Will: 9

Offense
· Long Wave: Perception Damage 7
· Short Wave: Area Damage 7
· Long Shadows: Perception Damage 7
· Cast Shadows: Area Affliction 7

Narrative Attributes
Motivation
· Independence: Evelyn has lived her life so far in her parent’s shadow, and heroics are the first thing she’s found where she’s not compared to them.
· Stress Relief: Getting in fights, beating others, and being thanked for it has quickly become Evelyn’s top vice and self-esteem builder.

Complications
· Public Identity: Evelyn has been using her super-armor as everyday transportation for far, far too long to not be immediately recognizable.
· Parental Approval: Evelyn’s parents have been pushing her to take up super-villainy, but they’ve enthusiastically endorsed her decision to take up heroics instead. Rather worryingly, this has been accompanied by them unpacking their old costumes and gadgets.
· Code of Conduct: While she knows quite a bit about super-villainy, Evelyn feels it would be unfair to tell heroes about the tricks her family’s friends had taught her.
· Sheltered: Evelyn has been homeschooled, spoiled, and generally had it far too easy while being kept away from society. She is utterly out of touch with modern culture.
· “Mature”: While a poor communicator herself, Evelyn quickly gets irate when others aren’t clear or engage in what she considers juvenile drama.
· Monologue: It runs in the family.

Design Notes
Character Comments
· Originally whipped up when PauloDeWalshio's "The New All-Star Squadron" had a mid-run opening for a single new player and like a dozen people jumped on it. File off the campaign-specific backstory and it's still a perfectly functional 8/120 teen hero.
· "Hero born to villains" isn't exactly original, but it's a fun niche once you start getting a bit genre-aware with it. I don't have sheets for her parents, yet anyways, but it'd be fun for her to have to fight them while they worry about her and embarrass her.
· To me, "young character" is equivalent to "narrative growth in progress". She's at the cusp of adulthood, and at the same time at the cusp of independence both from her parents in the legal sense and the powers sense. A slightly older version would look very different.

Mechanical Comments
· The External Controls flaw is a version of "Easily Removable without Removable" with the following effects: A successful Disarm or Grab disables the power for a number of rounds equal to Evelyn’s DoF on the resistance check while Evelyn restores the settings. Alternatively, a successful Disarm or Grab triggers the power (in any array mode the attacker is aware of) however the attacker wishes.
· The lack of attacks that roll to-hit is intended to demonstrate that she's still borrowing her parent's abilities and can't really hack it in a fight on "her own". Same with her Dodge/Parry coming from a power instead of being bought solo. I also like the idea of a character who can call in favors not because they're persuasive, but because they're a friend's little girl and knows who wants to do what.
Last edited by Nunya B on Fri May 25, 2018 5:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Ok,seeing these two put these awesome characters up,i've gotta put my own up(even if he don't get picked),tomorrow.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 3:37 am I'll see what other people are interested in playing before I make a final character submission. If any of my old PC ideas seem interesting to you, however, I have:

A refugee from Anti-Earth who lies fluently and punches holes in things

An alien warrior who fights like a Dragonball character

And a guy whose split personality has telekinetic powers

The first would probably be the easiest to convert to Claremont Academy, but any of them would be fun to play. And I could make something new, if I see a niche in the developing party that needs filling.
All three could work, once adjusted for PL. I actually rather like the concept of Johnny Janus -- I'm guessing it was one of the Davies games you submitted him for -- although he'd probably need more adjustment to be a student than the others, at least in terms of his background.
Ghost of Krypton

Post by Ghost of Krypton »

Void, aka, Phillip Tanner
Void - PL 8

Strength 6, Stamina 8, Agility 2, Dexterity 0, Fighting 4, Intellect 1, Awareness 4, Presence 0

Advantages
Defensive Roll 2, Evasion 2, Power Attack, Teamwork, Uncanny Dodge, Well-informed

Skills
Close Combat: [Boxing] 6 (+10), Expertise: Civics 4 (+5), Insight 1 (+5), Investigation 4 (+5), Perception 6 (+10), Persuasion 5 (+5), Stealth 8 (+10), Treatment 4 (+5)

Powers
Gravitic Shift: Flight 1 (Speed: 4 miles/hour, 60 feet/round; Increased Duration: continuous, Subtle: subtle)
Phased Quantum State
. . Concealment: Concealment 2 (Linked; All Aural Senses)
. . Insubstantial: Insubstantial 4 (Linked; Incorporeal; Innate)
Quantum Attunement: Senses 4 (Penetrates Concealment: Normal Vision)

Offense
Initiative +2
Grab, +4 (DC Spec 16)
Throw, +0 (DC 21)
Unarmed, +10 (DC 21)

Complications
Motivation: Acceptance: Phillip has experienced abandonment, fear and prejudice his entire life. His father, Tony Almeida abandoned both mother and child, once it became evident that he was afflicted by Terminus Energy Mutation Syndrome. Since joining Claremont Academy he has found a sense of comraderie and friendship that he felt would be forever denied him and hopes to prove himself every bit the hero as his peers.
Power Loss: Since his powers fully developed when he was eleven, Phillip's natural quantum state is out of phase with our dimension. While he can maintain a corporeal form, it requires concentration, if he suffers a 2nd or 3rd degree failure on a Toughness Check, he must make a Will check, DC 20, to avoid slipping back into his Phased State. Even if suprised by physical interactions, intimate or otherwise, such as an unexpected embrace, he must make a DC 15 Will Check or assume his natural state.

He can assume his natural state as a Free Action, however, to assume a Physically Corporeal State, he must take a Full Round Action, which means he cannot do it if Dazed or Staggered until he recovers from those conditions.
Prejudice: Phillip is a 2nd Generation T-Baby, his mother, Thalia, having been exposed to other dimensional energies while in utero during the '93 Terminus Invasion. Unlike his mother, Philip's mutation expresses physically, he is unnaturally dark skinned, with malformed ears, and eyes that seem to shift, and snap from one angle to another, like images superimposed one over the other. These physical deformities allow those so inclined to label him as suffering from TEMS, a Child of the Terminus, or more offensively, a T-Baby.

Languages
English [Native]

Defense
Dodge 6, Parry 6, Fortitude 8, Toughness 10/8, Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 50 + Powers 33 + Advantages 8 + Skills 19 (38 ranks) + Defenses 10 = 120
Background still to follow, used the TEMS stuff to emulate some Marvel Mutant prejudice, likely not as prevalent as in the X-titles, but it's still there and coupled with his physical appearance, likely worth the Prejudice complication.

A Phaser without the red flag of being able to attack while Insubstantial, I wasn't sure how to express that his Phased state is his natural state, so I linked it to Aural Concealment and made it innate. My intention is that his Physical form is Sustained by nature, and any effect which would cause a Sustained power to drop would cause an instant reversion to his Insubstantial state. He can willingly drop it as a Free Action, but to assume his Physical Form, he needs to take a Full Round action. Let me know if there are any revisions required, comments and input appreciated.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Nunya B wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 4:05 am Evelyn Grae
Daughter of Villains
Overall, she looks intriguing, although I'm a bit hazy on how the armored suit / weapons works out. You have your pseudo-Removeable on the weapons and then nothing on the suit itself. Is it something that is more-or-less built into her? And so that we don't come to disagreement on the Slow flaw of Variable, what do you see as the time/resources necessary to switch?

Also, what do you see the alternate Luck point for Connected doing? I don't think Connected requires a Hero Point.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Batgirl III wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 3:50 am EXPRESS
Express looks good. Interesting concept on the time stopping ability. She's a bit accuracy-shifted, but you can shift your caps enough that it hopefully won't be an issue.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Ghost of Krypton wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:31 am Void, aka, Phillip Tanner
Quantum Attunement: Senses 4 (Penetrates Concealment: Normal Vision)
I'm sure some things will be answered with his background, but what do you see as the mechanic for his Penetrates Concealment vision? How does he handle deciding whether he's looking at, or through, something? Also, note that this scenario does involve some puzzles wherein this sense may not work as well as normally to preserve some of the challenge. In those cases, you should get a Hero Point.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

So my first idea was going to be resurrecting my teleporting trickster Presto!- but since the very first character posted is a teleporter, I'll dig into my files and see what else I've got.

Maybe:
1. Goth girl with an ectoplasmic/telekinetic 'bubble' (force field +move object/projected extra limbs)
2. the ever-popular cat-girl (more cat than girl, possibly a full shifter)
3. the daughter of a Russian mobster, who fights with a sword and shield of telekinetic force.

While I'm not familiar with the scenario, I'm guessing that a mentalist and a object-reader/animator would be sub-optimal ideas, just based on the name.

Will dig around for a bit...
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

I'm interested in this one off idea, I'll try to work something up here in the next day or two.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Express isn’t really a teleporter, at least not in the way that archetype is normally conceived of. She’s functionally more akin to a speedster.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Camus

Post by Camus »

Name: Hatori Zenzou AKA Neo Ninja Height 1.6mts
Skin: Pale Weight 50kg
Hair: Clear brown
Eyes: Black Age: 17

Hatori is the son of the son of the son of the son of the son of one of the most famous ninjas of all times, Hattori Zenzou. He, much unlike his ancestor, is passionate for manga and anime, and technological gadgets. His father never approved, and tried to push the young man to the ways of the ninja since he was a toddler.
In his early teenage years, the Black Hand Clan, the clan where Hatori belonged, experienced some violent split ups. After much fighting, poisoning and espionage, two clans emerged from the chaos, the former Black Hand clan, and the Purple Lotus clan, a more radical faction. The fighting continued for some years after that, and his family moved to the west after some sketchy deals with other parts of the clan, hoping to leave all behind. However, the Purple Lotus was already everywhere....
The complicated situation his family was in forced the young boy to mature, and using his expertise in technology and the shinobi training he received, he created a suit of tools to turn him into the ultimate ninja. Before he could complete it, the enemy clan attacked, and would have erased Hatori and his family if it weren't by his half cooked suit and his father's skills. However his father was gravely injured in the fight. His father couldn't train him from the hospital, and his mother and sister were relocated for protection, so he searched for a mentor in Claremont.
Perhaps his approach at it was not very standard. He started to stalk several members of the academy, perhaps too scared that they would react badly to him, and observe them from the shadows. He wanted to find a proper mentor, but who was the best mentor to pick? Manga and anime always pointed out to the eldest guy. The older, the wiser, seems to be the standard. That Duncan guy seemed a proper mark. Ugh, but he was hard to track. On one occasion he got sloppy and got caught, and his ability to remain unnoticed until then got the attention of Duncan, and after a long talk, brought Hattori as a student into the academy.
His father was satisfied by the new development, and praised Hattori would get proper tuition in regular civilian knowledge as well; the young man was starting to deviate from the path he had envisioned, so focused on his manga and technological gadgets. But that could be a serious exaggeration, dealing with his poor focus will prove to be a challenge for the staff of the academy.

Complications
Easily distracted : Hattori... he is not the person with outmost concentration. It takes too little to distract him from his goal, objective or mission. Even the tiniest distraction can have him wander off into trouble.
Enemy: The Purple Lotus clan is still looking for those powerful weapons.
Relationships : Hattori's father is in the hospital and his mother and sister are under governmental protection.
Fascinated by tech : Hattori's thin concentration is drawn thinner when faced with advanced tech.

Abilities ( 36 pp)
Strength 0 , Stamina 4 , Agility 4 , Dexterity 1 , Fighting 6 , Intellect 0 , Awareness 3 , Precence 0 .

Powers ( 41 pp)
Chakra blockage jutsu ( Afliction 8 : 3: Paralyzed. Progressive, limited to 3rd. Fort. Accurate. Subtle ) · 18 point/s
Hidden blade jutsu ( Damage 10 : Linked: Chakra blockage. Secondary effect. Subtle, Limited: Usable on surprised characters. ) · 11 point/s
Ninjato style ( AP: Damage 8 : Accurate, Split 1, Subtle ) · 1 point/s
Techno Shinobi array ( Device : Removable -1/5 ) · 11 point/s
21st Century Smoke bomb ( Concealment : Visual senses, Attack, Burst area DC 14 ) · 0 point/s
Holographic proyector ( AP: Illusion 6 : Two sense types (vision sound) ) · 0 point/s
Movement enhancers ( AP: Movement : Safe fall, Swinging, Trackless, Wall Crawling 2 ) · 0 point/s

Advantages ( 12 pp)
All out attack 1 , Defensive roll 4 , Evasion 2 , Hide in plain sight 1 , Improved aim 1 , Move by attack 1 , Power attack 1 , Uncanny dodge 1.

Skills ( 16 pp)

Acrobatics 8 (+ 12 ), Deception 0 (+ 0 ), Athletics 0 (+ 0 ), Expertise () 0 (+ 0 ), Insight 2 (+ 5 ), Treatment 0 (+ 0 ), Persuacion 0 (+ 0 ), Technology 0 (+ 0 ), Close 0 (+ 6 ), Ranged 0 (+ 1 ), Vehicles 0 (+ 4 ), Sleight of Hand 6 (+ 7 ), Perception 5 (+ 8 ), Intimidation 0 (+ 0 ), Investigation 0 (+ 0 ), Stealth 11 (+ 15 ).

Offence
Initiative: 8
Chakra blockage jutsu [/b] + 8 Attack for DC: 18 Range: Ranged ( )
Hidden blade jutsu [/b] + 6 Attack for DC: 25 Range: Melee ( )
Ninjato style [/b] + 8 Attack for DC: 23 Range: 0 ( )

Defence ( 15 pp)
Parry: Rank ( 2 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 8
Dodge: Rank ( 4 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 8
Toughness: Feat/power ( 4 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 8
Fortitude: Rank ( 6 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 10
Will: Rank ( 3 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 6
Last edited by Camus on Thu May 24, 2018 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Camus wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 3:28 pm Image
Name: Hatori Zenzou AKA Neo Ninja Height 1.6mts
Skin: Pale Weight 50kg
Hair: Clear brown
Eyes: Black Age: 17

Hatori is the son of the son of the son of the son of the son of one of the most famous ninjas of all times, Hattori Zenzou. He, much unlike his ancestor, is passionate for manga and anime, and technological gadgets. His father never approved, and tried to push the young man to the ways of the ninja since he was a toddler.
In his early teenage years, the Black Hand Clan, the clan where Hatori belonged, experienced some violent split ups. After much fighting, poisoning and espionage, two clans emerged from the chaos, the former Black Hand clan, and the Purple Lotus clan, a more radical faction. The fighting continued for some years after that, and his family moved to the west after some sketchy deals with other parts of the clan, hoping to leave all behind. However, the Purple Lotus was already everywhere....
The complicated situation his family was in forced the young boy to mature, and using his expertise in technology and the shinobi training he received, he created a suit of tools to turn him into the ultimate ninja. Before he could complete it, the enemy clan attacked, and would have erased Hatori and his family if it weren't by his half cooked suit and his father's skills. However his father was gravely injured in the fight. His father couldn't train him from the hospital, and his mother and sister were relocated for protection, so he searched for a mentor in Claremont.
Perhaps his approach at it was not very standard. He started to stalk several members of the academy, perhaps too scared that they would react badly to him, and observe them from the shadows. He wanted to find a proper mentor, but who was the best mentor to pick? Manga and anime always pointed out to the eldest guy. The older, the wiser, seems to be the standard. That Duncan guy seemed a proper mark. Ugh, but he was hard to track. On one occasion he got sloppy and got caught, and his ability to remain unnoticed until then got the attention of Duncan, and after a long talk, brought Hattori as a student into the academy.
His father was satisfied by the new development, and praised Hattori would get proper tuition in regular civilian knowledge as well; the young man was starting to deviate from the path he had envisioned, so focused on his manga and technological gadgets. But that could be a serious exaggeration, dealing with his poor focus will prove to be a challenge for the staff of the academy.

Complications
Easily distracted : Hattori... he is not the person with outmost concentration. It takes too little to distract him from his goal, objective or mission. Even the tiniest distraction can have him wander off into trouble.
Enemy: The Purple Lotus clan is still looking for those powerful weapons.
Relationships : Hattori's father is in the hospital and his mother and sister are under governmental protection.
Fascinated by tech : Hattori's thin concentration is drawn thinner when faced with advanced tech.

Abilities ( 36 pp)
Strength 0 , Stamina 4 , Agility 4 , Dexterity 1 , Fighting 6 , Intellect 0 , Awareness 3 , Precence 0 .

Powers ( 40 pp)
Chakra blockage jutsu ( Afliction 8 : 3: Paralyzed. Progressive, limited to 3rd. Fort. Accurate ) · 17 point/s
Hidden blade jutsu ( Damage 10 : Linked: Chakra blockage. Secondary effect. Subtle, Limited: Usable on surprised characters. ) · 11 point/s
Ninjato style ( AP: Damage 8 : Accurate, Split 1, Subtle ) · 1 point/s
Techno Shinobi array ( Device : Removable -1/5 ) · 11 point/s
21st Century Smoke bomb ( Concealment : Visual senses, Attack, Burst area DC 14 ) · 0 point/s
Holographic proyector ( AP: Illusion 6 : Two sense types (vision sound) ) · 0 point/s
Movement enhancers ( AP: Movement : Safe fall, Swinging, Trackless, Wall Crawling 2 ) · 0 point/s

Advantages ( 17 pp)
All out attack 1 , Defensive roll 4 , Evasion 2 , Hide in plain sight 1 , Improved aim 1 , Improved critical 1 , Instant up 1 , Move by attack 1 , Power attack 1 , Precise attack (ranged concealment) 1 , Uncanny dodge 1 , Agile feint 1 , Improved initiative 1 .

Skills ( 12 pp)

Acrobatics 9 (+ 13 ), Deception 0 (+ 0 ), Athletics 0 (+ 0 ), Expertise () 0 (+ 0 ), Insight 3 (+ 6 ), Treatment 0 (+ 0 ), Persuacion 0 (+ 0 ), Technology 0 (+ 0 ), Close 0 (+ 6 ), Ranged 0 (+ 1 ), Vehicles 0 (+ 4 ), Sleight of Hand 6 (+ 7 ), Perception 6 (+ 9 ), Intimidation 0 (+ 0 ), Investigation 0 (+ 0 ), Stealth 12 (+ 16 ).

Offence
Initiative: 8
Chakra blockage jutsu [/b] + 8 Attack for DC: 18 Range: Ranged ( )
Hidden blade jutsu [/b] + 6 Attack for DC: 25 Range: Melee ( )
Ninjato style [/b] + 8 Attack for DC: 23 Range: 0 ( )

Defence ( 15 pp)
Parry: Rank ( 2 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 8
Dodge: Rank ( 0 ) + Feat/power ( 6 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 10
Toughness: 2 Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 6
Fortitude: Rank ( 4 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 8
Will: Rank ( 7 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 10
You used my Ninjutsu fighting style for him from the gym,didn't you(if you did,fantastic!I'll get to see it in actual play)?! :shock:
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 12:18 pmOverall, she looks intriguing, although I'm a bit hazy on how the armored suit / weapons works out. You have your pseudo-Removeable on the weapons and then nothing on the suit itself. Is it something that is more-or-less built into her?
IC, it's got really good security systems and is really tough. It's detachable, but it's not coming off without her say-so.
OOC, I just don't want to deal with having it removed from this character, since she's mostly useless without the suit. So I didn't take Removable.
I did want some degree of futzing with her weapons to be possible, so I hashed out External Controls to permit Disarm without having to take Removable. Speaking of, I've priced External Controls at the same discount as Removable. If you feel it's not detrimental enough for its discount, let me know how you'd want it changed.
FuzzyBoots wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 12:18 pmAnd so that we don't come to disagreement on the Slow flaw of Variable, what do you see as the time/resources necessary to switch?
Something on the order of an hour with reasonable access to technological materials even if it's just off-the-shelf electronics: Spend an evening in a supermarket, yes. Spend fifteen minutes in a lab, not enough time. Spend a day in the forest, not without an Edit Scene to find supplies.
Since this is a one-shot, I'd planned to dial in a configuration once I know who else is around and then use a Hero Point if it needed reconfiguring.
FuzzyBoots wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 12:18 pmAlso, what do you see the alternate Luck point for Connected doing? I don't think Connected requires a Hero Point.
Connected permits the user to spend a Hero Point to auto-pass the Persuasion check to call in a favor. The idea was that the luck point would be knowing the exact right person who'd want to do the thing anyways, so no Persuasion roll would be needed.