[3E OOC] The J.V. Team

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
RainOnTheSun

Re: [3E] Toys Will Be Toys (Recruiting through June 6)

Post by RainOnTheSun »

EpicEclipse wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:48 pm
Genevieve is a brick, not in much needs of martial arts, though she would be pretty devastating with whatever style she ultimately opted to use.
Honestly, I'd say bricks need martial arts more than anyone. Who gets in more fistfights in comics than bricks?
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:37 am
EpicEclipse wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:48 pm
Genevieve is a brick, not in much needs of martial arts, though she would be pretty devastating with whatever style she ultimately opted to use.
Honestly, I'd say bricks need martial arts more than anyone. Who gets in more fistfights in comics than bricks?
Then if Gen does learn a Style,might i recommend Sambo? Not only is it an effective combat style designed to brutalize an opponent,but it would also fit the more "Ugly" styles of Anti-Earth...
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Gens got to have some muay thai thrown in as well. Nothing more lethal then a brick with muay thai.

and this is coming from someone whose showcase brick character has used that very martial art with a couple of others to kick the ever loving monkey snot out of every major brick in comicdom. :mrgreen:
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Do you have a build of your showcase brick up anywhere? I'm always happy to see new characters.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Not yet Rolling Thunders one of my planned builds but hes been in so many systems that putting him togethers going to be a pretty extensive project.

Ill give this much though one of my favorite stories was in the original Marvel FASERIP he was in scotland on honeymoon with his wife a mutant doctor and healer. he ran into the Juggernaut while at a pub. the two had a disagreement and went at it. Cain shoved him several miles backwards to the coast as thunder tried to stop him.

Finally i asked the GM if i could pull a limit break and spend some karma to stop him for just one step. the GM said yes and said id need to roll a 100 on D% dice.

I spent the karma and rolled BAM ought 100. The big guys foot stopped an inch off the ground with an inch before they went into the atlantic. then i rolled to clobber him while his jaw was hanging open

BAM ought 100 AGAIN. the GM rolled his endurance and botched it with a 01 red result for me white result for him. Cain landed unconscious right back where theyd started.

two of them ended up having lunch with the misses and a couple of pints while commiserating about the x-men :D
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

catsi563 wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:47 am Not yet Rolling Thunders one of my planned builds but hes been in so many systems that putting him togethers going to be a pretty extensive project.

Ill give this much though one of my favorite stories was in the original Marvel FASERIP he was in scotland on honeymoon with his wife a mutant doctor and healer. he ran into the Juggernaut while at a pub. the two had a disagreement and went at it. Cain shoved him several miles backwards to the coast as thunder tried to stop him.

Finally i asked the GM if i could pull a limit break and spend some karma to stop him for just one step. the GM said yes and said id need to roll a 100 on D% dice.

I spent the karma and rolled BAM ought 100. The big guys foot stopped an inch off the ground with an inch before they went into the atlantic. then i rolled to clobber him while his jaw was hanging open

BAM ought 100 AGAIN. the GM rolled his endurance and botched it with a 01 red result for me white result for him. Cain landed unconscious right back where theyd started.

two of them ended up having lunch with the misses and a couple of pints while commiserating about the x-men :D
I actually have a Personal Favorite Character called Mr.Hero(Alias Chance Harper).Now originally Chance worked as an Electrician for The New York Sewer System.He was checking out lines 'cause they'd gotten reports of strange surges around town.So,as the youngest guy in the Crowd,he was made to go check it out.

Halfway through his work,he start's hearing sound of a fight going on.Being the stupid person he was,he naturally went to check it out.Turning the corner,he caught sight of The Morlock Massacure.

Naturally chance panic's and,grabbing a rock from the sewer water,Hit's one of the Attack's in the Back of the Head(The GM ruled that there was so much fighting going on that no one noticed him) killing him an ought 100.Turned out the dude i "killed" was Harpoon of the Marauders,so i inadvertantly not only saved the X-Men, but i also Stripped him bare and put his cloth's on over mine(Crying like a little girl the whole time).

Long story short,i wound up letting the surviving Morlock's(Due to getting them out back in my direction,90% of them survived) Stay Rent-free at my partially run down Apartment Building(GM rolled and said i got a windfall,but then tried to pull Shenanigans on me with it).He wound up hanging around Daredevil after that,"working" as a Detective for Nelson &Murdock Law Offices....

He also refused to go down in the Sewers ever again.... :lol:
Plan b

Post by Plan b »

I've expanded Bio-hazards background and added some sample bio-morphs to clarify my intentions with variable.
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Between full weekends, writer's block, and computer issues, I finally have my character ready. I've always wanted to try object mimicry, but wanted to steer clear of Variable, so I took a note from BatGirl's Vixen build and just built his various forms as alt effects. Still looking for good picture. All questions and critiques would be greatly appreciated.

Replica
Secret Identity: Alexander Mason
PL 8 120

Abilities: 38 pp
STR 2 STA 3 AGI 3 DEX 2 FGT 4 INT 2 AWE 3 PRE 0

Skills: 18pp
Acrobatics 4 (+7)
Athletics 6 (+8)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 4 (+8)
Expertise: Streetwise 5 (+7)
Insight 3 (+6)
Perception 5 (+8)
Ranged Combat (Blast) 4 (+8)
Sleight of Hand 3 (+5)
Vehicles 1 (+3)

Feats: 7pp
All-out Attack, Improved Initiative, Improvised Weapon, Luck, Ranged Attack 2, Takedown

Powers: 38pp
Object Mimicry, Quirk (-1 must touch object)
Brick (Asphalt, Concrete, Etc.): Enhanced Str 6, Enhanced Str 2 - Limited to Lifting, Immunity 10 Life Support, Protection 5 Impervious 7, 36pp
AE: Hard Metals :Enhanced Str 8, Enhanced Str 2 - Limited to Lifting, Immunity 10 Life Support, Protection 7 Impervious 9, -2 FGT, -2 AGI 1pp
AE: Sand, Water, Etc.: Elongation 2, Str-based Damage 4 (Accurate), Immunity Bludgeoning 20 - Limited to Half Effect, Insubstantial 1, Protection 5 Impervious 7, Regeneration 2 1pp
AE: Energy: Blast 8 (Variable: Energy Mimicked, Improved Critical 1), Energy Aura 3 (Variable: Energy Mimicked) Linked Force Field 5

Defenses: 19pp
Dodge 5 (+8) (+6 Metal)
Parry 4 (+8) (+6 Metal)
Toughness +3 (+8 Brick and Liquid, +10 Metal)
Fort 6 (+9)
Will 4 (+7)

Abilities: 38 pp + Skills: 18pp + Feats: 7pp + Powers: 38pp + Defenses: 19pp = Total: 120pp

Combat:
Unarmed +8 DC 17 (DC23 Brick)
Unarmed (Metal) +6 DC 25
Unarmed (Liquid) +10 DC 21
Ranged (Energy +8 DC23

Complications:
Orphan: His parents died due to an accident during the Storm. The Academy is his full time home.
Street Rat: He's still adjusting having an actual home and not needing to fight to survive.
Doesn't waste food: After scraping by for food or using his powers to skip meals, anytime food is offered he'll nearly gorge himself. He puts most anime characters to shame.
Loyalty: The Academy got him off the streets, he is eternally grateful and will defend it no matter what happens.

Story:

Alexander Mason was 14 when the Storm hit. He doesn't remember it too clearly. He knows his parents were dragging him somewhere lame for his birthday, then the storm his and the car was spinning out of control. He woke up sitting against a brick wall while an EMT told him he was lucky, he didn't have a scratch on him. Alex wasn't listening, his attention was focused on his parents' totaled care and the 2 body bags being loaded into the ambulance. His heart started raising, he started hyper-ventilating, and he started to get a weird "melding" feeling. He looked down and his hand looked like it was made of brick and it was spreading up his arm! "We'll have to contact CPS to pick up the kid." Alex snapped out of it, CPS would take shuffle him off to a random house, god knows where, with complete strangers watching him. The thought terrified him, so he did what a lot of scared, dumb kids do, he ran.

It was rocky start, but he quickly learned how to survive on the streets. He found a mostly, dry place to crash, grew eyes in the back of his head, and learned how to pick a pocket if he needed too. Being able to become a man of brick/steel/energy also helped. He mostly used it to stave off hunger, but also used it scare off some of the more dangerous miscreants one met on the streets. He didn't do this too often so he could avoid drawing too much attention to himself, but that only lasted so long.

After nearly 2 years being on the street and keeping his head down, Alex got noticed. One of the miscreants he had fought off had been gang member, next thing Alex knew the entire gang was hunting him and they were tearing up the neighborhood doing it. Not willing to let other's be hurt over him he decided to confront the gang at their headquarters. After some frantic fighting and series of mishaps, Alex was found by the authorities among the building's debris and was taken into custody. Sitting in the interrogation room, he wearily accepted his fate (either CPS or Juvie he suspected), but after so long things went his way. He was greeted by representative of some private school in Freedom City, a school where he could live, be safe, and learn more about his abilities. He wanted to act tough, like he didn't need their help, but what they were describing sounded too good and it had been too long since he had a home...
Last edited by L-Space on Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Formerly luketheduke86
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Ya got in just under the wire! :D
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

You know,we got a total of 13 applicants for this.That's like the entire Powered student body in 2e(i should know,i own the book)....
We honestly have enough for 2 teams with a spare go-between,it's so wild....:D
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

This is not going to be easy at all. I'm out of town this upcoming weekend, so I'm setting a personal goal of making my choice by Monday. Either way, I am humbled by the sheer number of good submissions here.
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

EpicEclipse wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:30 pm Ya got in just under the wire! :D
Yes I did. Didn't help that I restarted the character like 3 times :lol:.
Formerly luketheduke86
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Recruiting ends today! I assume at the end of it. Excitement.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

I can't wait to see who get's picked,as this is a very Unique Claremont Academy Class...:D
FuzzyBoots

Re: [3E] Toys Will Be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots »

As I said before, you guys did not make this easy. I tried to pic a variety of personalities and powers, including people I've worked with and ones I have not. I'm really sorry I couldn't include everyone, but it just gets too unwieldy to have more than six people in a combat (and even that can be tricky if you're not careful).

Our final roster is the following:
  • Express - Batgirl III - Teleporter/Speedster via Timestop descriptor
  • Evelyn Grae - Nunya B - Child of villains gadgeteer
  • Replica - L-Space - Street smart Material Mimic
  • Titaness - catsi563 - Shockingly large brawler
  • Merryweather - Toast Burglar - Gentleman thief and weather manipulator
  • Tough Stuff - Doctor Malsyn - Invulnerable Thrill-seeker
I plan to put up the introductory post Monday evening.