[3E OOC] The J.V. Team

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
MacynSnow

Re: [3E OOC] Toys Will Be Toys

Post by MacynSnow »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:06 pm :) Not a server room is what I said...
Corrected. :oops:
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Where Ernie is pointing is on a standard evacuation plan. Unfortunately, it's the same icon used on all of the doors. :)
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I hope Toy-joy is having fun wstching this play out, I certainly am.

Cindy: link
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

I know I've been premature in noting their absence before, but neither Nunya B nor Batgirl III have posted in the last week. There's a point in the adventure where I can pull people and slot others in. I'm thinking of re-opening recruiting with first extending offers to a few people who didn't make it in the first time. Thoughts?

And is there anything people wanted to do before rushing the room with Toy Boy?
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I do still feel like a bit of new blood could help revitalize the game, so you have my own approval. Other then that, it seems like we're about ready to bum rush this guy.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:43 pm I do still feel like a bit of new blood could help revitalize the game, so you have my own approval. Other then that, it seems like we're about ready to bum rush this guy.
I'm with Doc on this,as i feel we've done everything RP-wise to stall and just need to go forward...
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Batgirl has been MiA for over a month at this point..

nunya has been active on the other board though, so not sure why he's been neglecting here.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

EpicEclipse wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:22 pm Batgirl has been MiA for over a month at this point..

nunya has been active on the other board though, so not sure why he's been neglecting here.
I hadn't realized he'd posted that recently. After he dropped two games sure to issues with the board, I assumed he'd skipped entirely. I left him a message.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Alright, well might as well put it out there before we hit a point of no return. We have one, maybe two, spots to fill in the game. Anyone wishing to submit a character, the PL is 8. Power Points are 120. Your character should be a teenager and part of the Claremont Academy (or willing to be in it by the end). People who submitted before can either submit something new, or indicate that they want to resubmit their character. The deadline will be the 29th with maybe a few days after that for me to make a decision.

Let me know if I missed anything.
Camus

Skolldir

Post by Camus »

Submitting a new character! Or if you dont like him, Technoninja is still there.

Name: Olev Skorg AKA Skolldir Height 1.6mts
Skin: Pale Weight 55 kg
Hair: Black Origin Norway
Eyes: Black Age: 17

Young Olev Skorg was a lively boy. Son of a Norwegian immigrant family, Olev spent his days in his father's workshop. Olev's father was a brilliant technologist working at Claremont academy. He helped the gifted kids with his inventions and found ways to help some live normal lives despite their strange biologies of power manifestations.
Olev was quite fascinated by all this, and it soon became clear he would follow in hi father's footsteps.
Tragically, however, a villain attacked the academy, and decided to strike at Olev's father workshop first. Dr. Skorg was nearly killed and Olev himself was hurt bad. While recuperating the doctors informed Olev's mother that he would never walk again. Dr. Skorg was stable but in deep coma. Olev's genius mind didnt stay in the hospital long, however, and soon was working on the workshop again, while it was being repaired. He built a wheelchair for himself and not any wheelchair. The thing could take to the sky!
Building an army of tiny robots to help him in his work of reconstructing the lost work of his father, he began researching in ways to heal Dr. Skorg. Miniaturizing and nanotech is the way to go, Olev repeats to himself, but this problem has proven the most difficult he has yet faced.
In the meantime, the academy offered him a position to continue the work of his father, and he accepted, without paying too much attention, he needed the funds after all, but his mind was more concentrated on imagining devices and structures than bureaucracy.

Theme; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDDB9QxCW1A (its also in Norwegian!)

Complications
Family : Olev has a mother and a father, the later in the hospital in coma.
Paralyzed : Olev is paralyzed from the waist down and so is bound to his fantastic wheelchair wheelchair.
Too smart : Olev tends to think he is the smartest person in the room and is prone to offend people thinking that way
Healing papa: Healing his father is one of his main motivations to keep researching on new tech.
Not as I expected! : Olev is usually very confident in his plans going exactly as he thinks they will. Much to his surprise reality often throws you a curve ball. On fire! If hurt by more than injured condition, Olev is subject to Affliction 5 (vulnerable, stunned) Will save.

Abilities ( 28 pp)
Strength 0 , Stamina 4 , Agility 0 , Dexterity 0 , Fighting 0 , Intellect 6 , Awareness 4 , Precence 0 .

Powers ( 53 pp)
- Fantastiske turbomber (Amazing walking bombs) ( Summon 6 : Controlled, Insidious, Subtle, Multiple minions 2, Mental link ) · 45 point/s
- Fantastiske rullestol (Amazing wheelchair) ( Device : Flight 1, plataform. Protection 4 ) · 4 point/s

Walking mines (minions) · 90 point/s
Strength -2, Stamina -, Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 0, Intellect -, Awareness 0, Presence -

Advantages
Hide in Plain Sight, Power Attack, Precise Attack (Ranged, Concealment), Precise Attack (Ranged, Cover)

Skills
Perception 8 (+8), Stealth 8 (+16)

Powers
Machine Body: Immunity 32 (Critical Hits, Fortitude Effects)
Movement: Movement 1 (Wall-crawling 1: -1 speed rank)
Nano-repair: Immortality 18 (Return after 12 seconds; Source: Scrap Metal)
Protection: Protection 8 (+8 Toughness)
Shrinking: Shrinking 8 (-2 STR, -4 Intimidate, +8 Stealth, +4 active defenses, -2 size ranks, -1 speed ranks; Innate; Permanent)
Turret Mode: Damage 6 (DC 21, Advantages: Power Attack, Precise Attack (Ranged, Concealment), Precise Attack (Ranged, Cover); Accurate 3: +6, Dangerous 2, Increased Range: ranged, Multiattack, Secondary Effect)
. . Explode: Burst Area Damage 6 (Alternate; DC 21; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, DC 16, Reaction 3: reaction, Secondary Effect, Selective; Side Effect 2: always - Explodes)
. . Static charge: Burst Area Affliction 6 (Alternate; 1st degree: Hindered, Vulnerable, 2nd degree: Stunned, Defenseless, 3rd degree: Paralyzed, Incapacitated, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 16; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, DC 16, Extra Condition, Reaction 3: reaction, Selective; Side Effect 2: always - Suffers damage)

Offense
Initiative +0
Explode: Burst Area Damage 6 (DC 21)
Grab, +0 (DC Spec 8)
Static charge: Burst Area Affliction 6 (DC Fort 16)
Throw, +0 (DC 13)
Turret Mode: Damage 6, +6 (DC 21)

Defense
Dodge 4, Parry 4, Fortitude Immune, Toughness 8, Will None

Power Points
Abilities -30 + Powers 111 + Advantages 1 + Skills 8 (16 ranks) + Defenses 0 = 90
Complications : No manipulating limbs

Advantages ( 13 pp)
Skill mastery (technology) 1 , Speed of thought 1 , Teamwork 1 , Edietic memory 1 , Equipment 1 (Technology toolkit, Computer, Bulletproof vest) 1 , Extraordinary effort 1 , Imp. Tools 1 , Inspire 4 4 , Inventor 1 , Jack of all trades 1

Skills ( 13 pp)

Acrobatics 0 (+ 0 ), Deception 0 (+ 0 ), Athletics 0 (+ 0 ), Expertise (Technology) 8 (+ 14 ), Insight 4 (+ 8 ), Treatment 0 (+ 6 ), Persuacion 0 (+ 0 ), Technology 10 (+ 16 ), Vehicles 0 (+ 0 ), Sleight of Hand 0 (+ 0 ), Perception 4 (+ 8 ), Intimidation 0 (+ 0 ), Investigation 0 (+ 6 ), Stealth 0 (+ 0 )

Offence
Initiative: 6

Defence ( 17 pp)
Parry: Rank ( 5 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 5
Dodge: Rank ( 5 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 5
Toughness: 4 Feat/power ( 4 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 8
Fortitude: Rank ( 2 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 6
Will: Rank ( 5 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 9

Build notes:
As you can see Skolldir's main power is summon. It can summon up to 4 robots, one at a time (stdr action per summon). These are hard to notice and start hidden. They will try to move stealthily to position and activate one of their alternate main damage power, remaining there until the reaction triggers are met. They only have one active power, that is turret mode. In turret mode they can attack the closest enemy with a flamethrower. Their explosive powers can be either a conflagration or an electric attack that incapacitates (the non-lethal option Olev will likely use most of the time). Target lock is a neat power for movement control, if an enemy notices the mines and is within reach, the mine will try to root the enemy in place for its allies to attack. He can also use them to scout ahead or get into tight spaces although I think the group has that part covered *Wink wink*
Skolldir himself will basically plant these robots while bringing support, and try to stay out of harms way since he is underfenesed and his complications will make sustaining damage a hard thing to do. I think it will bring an interesting dynamic to fights. He also has utility advantages and such.
Any feedback is appreciated.
Last edited by Camus on Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:18 pm, edited 7 times in total.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
EpicEclipse

Re: [3E OOC] Toys Will Be Toys - Recruiting thorugh 2018-Sep-29

Post by EpicEclipse »

I am down to toss Miraculous Hope McKnight back into the ring. I am pondering making her a little more of an energy controller shifting her combat to a more ranged style, but keeping the sonokinesis and psychic construct aspects.

I have a secondary submission, but I'll hold onto that until we know if nunya is dropping as well since it has some overlap with Evelyn.
Last edited by EpicEclipse on Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Camus: What is the Hide Minions extra and where is it from? And I am not sure if you plugged Power Loss as a flaw to reduce the cost, but that's a complication. They don't typically save you power points. Unreliable doesn't quite work since each round you sustain the power counts as a use if I recall correctly.

Anyways, I am not sure how you get 49pp for that power.
Summon (2/r), Controlled (+1/r), Multiple 2 (+4/r), Mind Link (Flat +1) = 57pp

Assuming you plugged Power Loss as a flaw at -1/r, that does brings you down to 49, but doesn't leave any room for whatever Hide Minions costs (since I have never seen that extra before.)

Aside from that everything else looks mechanically fine. I am not sure why a "target lock on" would paralyze someone or what it's purpose actually is in the overall strategy of the character, but there is nothing mechanically wrong with it.

I would question the image of a hero that uses bomb drones though. He seems like he would fit in better with a villainous team. But that is just my opinion.

I do think there is another way, not using summon, to pull off a similar effect unless you wanted summon specifically for getting in some extra attacks.

Any ranged effect with Indirect 4 covers attacks made by "hidden drones", while a ranged area damage effect with Triggered covers the bombing bit, placing subtle to make the effect better hidden.

Just a thought anyways.
Camus

Post by Camus »

EpicEclipse wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:30 pm Camus: What is the Hide Minions extra and where is it from? And I am not sure if you plugged Power Loss as a flaw to reduce the cost, but that's a complication. They don't typically save you power points. Unreliable doesn't quite work since reach round you sustain the power counts as a use if I recall correctly.

Anyways, I am not sure how you get 49pp for that power.
Summon (2/r), Controlled (+1/r), Multiple 2 (+4/r), Mind Link (Flat +1) = 57pp

Assuming you plugged Power Loss as a flaw at -1/r, that does brings you down to 49, but doesn't leave any room for whatever Hide Minions costs (since I have never seen that extra before.)

Aside from that everything else looks mechanically fine. I am not sure why a "target lock on" would paralyze someone or what it's purpose actually is in the overall strategy of the character, but there is nothing mechanically wrong with it.

I would question the image of a hero that uses bomb drones though. He seems like he would fit in better with a villainous team. But that is just my opinion.

I do think there is another way, not using summon, to pull off a similar effect unless you wanted summon specifically for getting in some extra attacks.

Any ranged effect with Indirect 4 covers attacks made by "hidden drones", while a ranged area damage effect with Triggered covers the bombing bit, placing subtle to make the effect better hidden.

Just a thought anyways.
To be completely honest I just saw it in lone wolf 3E character builder and took it, I could see where it is actually from.
I guess that Limited (only 10 uses) would be the correct wording eh?
For target lock on perhaps the paralyzing part is a bit of overkill. The idea was immobilizing a target so the other mines could approach and trigger.
Meh, making a drone explode vs shooting someone with lasers is the same. Any form of damage is "ant heroic" if you come to think about it. It is all about justifiable violence in comics. My idea was using the explosion more lethal use of the drones be used against non living/monsters or other nonsentient things, while the non lethal incapacitating blast for normal people. Nothing non heroic there, just means to an end.
Yes and no, you are missing the point that the drones can also be used for other things aside from attacking.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

To be completely honest I just saw it in lone wolf 3E character builder and took it, I could see where it is actually from.
I guess that Limited (only 10 uses) would be the correct wording eh?
Which? Hide Minions or using Power Loss as a flaw? Either way, "Limited (10 Uses)" would be a GM call, but as I mentioned, Unreliable already exists to cover such a mechanic of limited uses of a power. You also haven't explained what Hide Minions does, what it's cost is, etc.
For target lock on perhaps the paralyzing part is a bit of overkill. The idea was immobilizing a target so the other mines could approach and trigger.
Maybe change the descriptor of the power so it fires a tether of some sort rather than the target inexplicably stops moving?
Meh, making a drone explode vs shooting someone with lasers is the same. Any form of damage is "ant heroic" if you come to think about it. It is all about justifiable violence in comics. My idea was using the explosion more lethal use of the drones be used against non living/monsters or other nonsentient things, while the non lethal incapacitating blast for normal people. Nothing non heroic there, just means to an end.
Collateral damage is the big deal here. As is the use of bombs, which are typically seen as a terroristic weapon. You aren't wrong about justified violence, but image is still important. Why not use a non-lethal burst area effect like a sonic pulse rather than an explosive? You can still have it that this going off disables the bot, but the image of a sonic pulse burst is more heroically appealing than fiery explosions. There is also Variable Descriptor so you can actually have it both ways.

Granted, this is all subjective opinion.
Yes and no, you are missing the point that the drones can also be used for other things aside from attacking.
I am not missing the point, but the only thing you can do with your Summon that you can't achieve with other powers is multiple attacks each round.

Summon is very versatile, but most effects with it can be achieved with other powers. Your drones, in particular, are very straightforward. Remote Sensing can cover scouting easily enough. Indirect 4 covers attacking from whatever angle you want. Triggered covers the explosion effects. They have no manipulating limbs, so can't move most things around, but Move Object could handle it, even a single rank will do wonders.

All Summon is doing for you is giving you multiple attacks and being burdensome on combat since every drone has its own initiative.

Don't get me wrong, the DYNAMIC of using summon is different than using other powers to emulate the effects of a "summoned" thing, and I know that. I'm just suggesting an alternative that is less burdensome, possibly cheaper, and still does everything you could want, sans multiple attack opportunities each round.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Miraculous Hope McKnight has been updated, with edit notes at the bottom of the linked post to show what changed.

I didn't end up making her more of a blaster type because I really liked the dynamic she had the way she was, and remains, as a balanced melee striker type with some unique utility abilities. Overall with her changes, she's really no more or less effective than before. A lot of the changes were streamlining more than anything.