[3E OOC] The J.V. Team

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: [3E] Toys Will Be Toys (Recruiting)

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I- I really probably shouldn't, buuuut... I think I might just anyway...

Fuzz, how do you feel about an invulnerable- or nearly invulnerable - hero? As in, the legitimate 80ish point immunity. Though I might take half effect, have them not fully grown into it.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

So I am building something akin to Armor of the X-Men with a psionic exoarmor. I've liked the concept of her power ever since I learned of her, so it's a good opportunity to build it.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 10:09 pm You know, you could have just edited your extant post. :)

Side note, the two people (I think, at last count) with Insubstantial 4 need to think about the reasonably common effect or descriptor that affects them. And the other people should consider descriptors for their powers.
How would mine need a descriptor,Fuzzy? All i do is control insect's and shrink....
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

Basic descriptors added, let me know if you're looking for more or less detail and/or descriptors per array element.
Plan b

Post by Plan b »

Codename: Bio-hazard
Concept: Alien hybrid

Abilities
Strength 6/10 Stamina 6, Agility 6/2, Dexterity 0, Fighting 8/4, Intellect 0, Awareness 2, Presence 0

Powers

Lightning reflexes: Enhanced Agility 4, Enhanced Fighting 4, • 16 points + 2 AE
AE: Armoured Carapace: Enhanced Strenght 4, Protection 4, Imprevious Toughness 10 (limited physicial, noticable)
AE: Shapeshifting: Morph 3

Regenerate 1 • 1 points

Alien Mentalist: Comprehend 2:understood and understand all languages (limited to living things) • 2 points
Mind Probe: Mindreading 8 (range -2 perception to close, grab based) • 2 points

Bio-morph: Variable 2 (free action) • 18 points

Advantages

Favored enviroment (urban), Fast Grab, Improved initiative,

Skills

Close combat: unarmed 2, Deception 8, Insight 6, Stealth 6, Perception 6,

Offence
Initiative +10
Unarmed +10 Close, Damage +6

Defence
Dodge 10/6 Fortitude 8
Parry 10/6 Toughness 6/10
Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 48 + Skills 12 + Powers 41 + Defences 14 + Advantages 3 = Total 120

Background

For a little more than 15 years Antony led an impressivly average life, his father worked a boring nine til five, his mother stayed home and kept the house, but it wasn't to last. Puberty hit Antony hard, his body erupted in a ever changing mass of flesh, bone, claws teeth. His mother fled, his father on the hand just watch and smiled. He calmed Antony down, and told him was expecting him to change he was so, proud, he far exceeded his hopes. He explaned that he was a grue and his people had come to unify the world and bring everlasting peace to earth. He projected his dream of the glorious conquest of earth.

Antony lashed out at the visions and rammed a 12 ft spike though his fathers chest, the last thing he saw before he passed out was his father face melt in to a red skinned alien. He came around in hospital heavily sedated apparantly his father corpse had disappeared from the morgue and more than a couple goverment agencies had questions, unfortunatly he didn't have much answers.

It wasn't long before before Antony tired of the questions and tests. Seeing the increasing frustration in Antony eventully AEGIS made Antony an offer go to Claremont Academy to train with his powers, get an education and so on, all they wanted in return was for him to attend some weekly meeting with a counselor.

Antony accepted.

Complications

Motive: Acceptance: The discovery of fathers origin and resulting fallout amongest is family, have left Antony seeking a place in the world.

Motive: Thrillseeker: Bio-hazard revels in his powers, and plans to make the most of them.

Big eater: Shapeshifting burns energy, energy has to come from somewhere. Excessive shifting can quickly leave Bio-hazard exhaused.

Name on File:- Antony is known shapeshifter certain goverment agenacies keep an eye and sometimes ear on him.

Prejudice: Even amongest the powered, shapeshifters and psyhics are often mistrusted as both, even more so.

Sample Biomorphs

Tendril Storm: Elongation 6 (no grab bonus), Takedown 2, Extra limbs 4
Spike burst: 2 strenght based damage (area burst)
Blade Strom: Variable descriptor unarmed damage (physical), Multiattack on unarmed damage, extra limbs 2
Skulking Preadator: Speed 2, Super movement 2 (wall crawling), Concealment (visual and audio, passive, blending), Infravision
Tracking Antenna: Accurate, extended x2 scent
Stinger fist: 2 strenght based damage linked to affliction
Heightened Senses: Extended vision, low light vision, extended hearing, accurate hearing
Last edited by Plan b on Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

MacynSnow wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 10:24 pm
FuzzyBoots wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 10:09 pm You know, you could have just edited your extant post. :)

Side note, the two people (I think, at last count) with Insubstantial 4 need to think about the reasonably common effect or descriptor that affects them. And the other people should consider descriptors for their powers.
How would mine need a descriptor,Fuzzy? All i do is control insect's and shrink....
Mutants power? Psychic control or pheromone? Etc.

Separate note: having the hardest time pulling something together. It keeps turning into a generic force field, shield and attack powers and it is boring me. :/ Requires more thought.
Last edited by EpicEclipse on Thu May 24, 2018 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

EpicEclipse wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 10:41 pm
MacynSnow wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 10:24 pm

Mutants power? Psychic control or pheromone? Etc.
Oh,you mean power origin...Just give me a second....and done!
Last edited by MacynSnow on Thu May 24, 2018 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

EpicEclipse wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 10:21 pm So I am building something akin to Armor of the X-Men with a psionic exoarmor. I've liked the concept of her power ever since I learned of her, so it's a good opportunity to build it.
EpicEclipse wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 10:41 pm Separate note: having the hardest time pulling something together. It keeps turning into a generic force field, shield and attack powers and it is boring me. :/ Requires more thought.
Growth without the increase in Mass Ranks, linked as part of Alternate Form Array to Protection, Damage, and Power Lifting. ;)
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

What I mean though is what I imagine of the character as I build them keeps turning towards that defensive shield warrior type niche.

It's not bad per se, but it feels kind of corny how I keep building it.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

EpicEclipse wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 11:45 pm What I mean though is what I imagine of the character as I build them keeps turning towards that defensive shield warrior type niche.

You could try Density Control only without going Insubstantial....
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

MacynSnow wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 11:51 pm
EpicEclipse wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 11:45 pm What I mean though is what I imagine of the character as I build them keeps turning towards that defensive shield warrior type niche.

More or less did that with Diamond whom I pitched for Fuzzyboots' previous one shot on the other board and ended up playing in a different one shot.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

EpicEclipse wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 12:15 am
MacynSnow wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 11:51 pm

More or less did that with Diamond whom I pitched for Fuzzyboots' previous one shot on the other board and ended up playing in a different one shot.
Why not revise it? Give them only 1 aspect of Density Control.Here's what i'd do,to give you ideas(my points might be off,but you'll get the idea...)
Density Control:High Rider---34pnts.
--Enhanced Strength 4(8)
"Roadblock" Features 6:Increased Mass 3(6)
Protection 2 (Extra:Impervious 13) (15)
Protection 4 (Flaws:Immobile -2) (2)
Enhanced Advantages 1: Withstand Damage(Trade Defense for Toughness)(1)
Or,there's this Way:
Density Control: Low Rider---37pnts.
Insubstantial 4 (Feats:Reaction) (21)
Enhanced Advantages 4: Evasion 2,Improved Defense, Uncanny Dodge(4)
"Phantom Walking" Flight 4 (30mph) (8)
Enhanced Dodge&Parry 2(4)
Hope it helps! :D
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Tough Stuff

Power Level: 8; Power Points Spent: 122/122

ABILITIES 24 pnts
Strength 3, Stamina 3, Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 5, Intellect 0, Awareness 0, Presence 1

Advantages 8 pnts
All Out Attack, Equipment 1 (Aluminum Bat, Baseballs), Extraordinary effort, Improved Disarm, Improved Smash, Interpose, Power Attack, Sports Fighter
Diehard, Great Endurance, Seccond Chance 2 (Firearm induced damage, Energy based Damage)

Skills 14 (28) pnts
Acrobatics 4 (+4), Athletics 6 (+9), CC: Baseball Bat 4 (+9), RC: Pitching 8 (+8), Intimidation 6 (+7),

POWERS 58 pnts
* Incredible Durability: Immunity 80 (Toughness Effects / Limited: Half Effect) 40
* Practically Bulletproof: Protection 5 (Impervious 8) 13
* Won't Go Down Easy: Enhanced Traits (Advantages 3; Diehard, Great Endurance, Seccond Chance 2 (Firearms, Energy)) 4
* Blemishless: Feature 1 (Incapable of scarring physically in any manner) 1

EQUIPMENT 5 e-pnts
*Baseball Bat SB Damage 2 2
*Baseballs SB Damage 0 (ER 2 100ft., Ricochet 1) 3

DEFENSES 18 pnts
Dodge: 5 (+5)
Parry: 2 (+7)
Toughness: 5 (+8)
*Impervious: 8
Fortitude: 7 (+10)
Will: 4 (+4)

COMBAT
Melee: +0
Ranged: +0
Initiative: +0
Grab: +5 (DC 13)
Unarmed: +5 (DC 18 )
Batter up!: +9 (DC 22)
Fastball!: +8 (DC 20) Richochet 1, ER 2 (100 ft.)

Abilities 24 + Skills 14 (28) + Powers 58 + Advantages 8 + Defenses 18 = 122/ 122 pp

Biography and Background

Birth Name: Cindy Caramel
Height: 4'7"
Weight: 88 lbs.
Place of Birth: Emerald City, USA
Superpower Origin Silverstormer

Though she is short for age, her lithe and well toned form is well suited to her favored sport of choice. Her red hair is kept at chin length, short enough to keep out of the way when she plays but long enough to give her an amount of femininity. Set in her cute rounded face are a pair of aquamarine eyes, hardened and serious whenever she's in a fight or in a game.

Though she's yet to dedicate herself to a costume proper, Cindy favors her shorts, sneakers, and a tank top under her grey jacket for maximum comfort and practicality. As a means to at least try and hide her identity, the girl wears an Okame her father purchased as a souvenir while on deployment in Japan. It was meant to be a silly gift, though she personally always found it to be pretty creepy.
-------------------------------------

It was funny. She had always imagined that falling to your death would be more terrifying. Maybe it was just because she accepted her fate the moment she saw an ape's hand shove it's way through the window of her mother's 25th floor apartment, grabbing her as if it belonged to Kong himself. Though unlike the movies, this giant ape decided to toss her over his shoulder and continue on his rampage. The short descent she experienced gave her an excellent bird's eye view of the chaos happening down below her in the streets of Emerald city proper, and within just a few short seconds she would've become just another part of that carnage. Except when her journey finally came to it's abrupt end, it was the ground itself that broke and shattered when she slammed into it at terminal velocity.

The Silver Storm had changed her city just as much as it did her, though where it had ripped itself apart she stood there physically unscathed. Her mind however, may've had a few screws knocked loose in the process. In the days that followed that climatic event, she found herself obsessing over her own seeming invincibility, testing it however she could. Pin cushion needles at first, then kitchen knives and razors, followed up by a gunshot with one of her father's guns which freaked the hell out of her parents and their neighbors.

People didn't seem to believe her when she told them she wasn't suicidal, it wasn't as if she'd pointed it at her own head. The gun was aimed at her foot after all, just in case it didn't bounce off like it did. Yet the fact she started leaping from windows in order to catch a glimpse of that initial experience and to test just how far her durability went hadn't helped to curb their suspicions at all.

Institutionalized, they tried to talk her down from the issues she fully believed to be completely nonexistent, which left her more annoyed at missing tryouts for her school's softball team then anything else. They struggled to find a reason to keep her for continued observation, as they came to understand Cindy's newly obtained lack of self-preservation in any form. It wasn't that she had become fearless, it was more she began to understand that there was very little that could ever actually harm her again.

Her incidents didn't go unnoticed by just her parents it seemed in the end. You don't just leap from forty story buildings on the regular and expect nothing to come of it after all. AEGIS were among the first to recognize her for what she was, a young Stormer with far too great a grasp of her newly inherited abilities. They pulled the strings which got her released from the psychiatric ward with the condition of being transferred to Claremont Academy, the experts in dealing with young children who had power without responsibility.

Power Explenation
Cindy's molecular bonds are supernaturally strong throughout her entire body, both inside and out, which seems to be the primary source of her incredible levels of durability. Compounded with this, her cellular structure seems to have a much greater propensity of returning her body back to it's natural state. This means that any wounds she does receive, though they may not heal any faster then a normal human, always recovers completely without any sign of scarring.

Initially her body seemed to have durability on par with steel. As she's grown however, her molecular bonds have continued to strengthen exponentially to the point where it even rivals the hardness displayed in diamonds. It's theorized that at some point in her early adulthood her body may even stop aging while simultaneously achieving true invulnerability.

Complications
  • Motivation: Thrills There's nothing more thrilling then falling hundreds of feet in the air, slamming into the ground at full forced and managing to walk away without a scratch. The experience in which she received her powers in the first place has since left herself with the need to top it in some way, to do something even more dangerous and stupid and live to brag about it.
  • Reckless: Funnily enough, being almost completely invulnerable tends to leave someone with a noticeable lack of self-preservation. As such she often finds herself running straight into situations head on, with little though to the consequences.
  • Short fuse: Once upon a time, when she was in kindergarten, she was the tallest kid in her class. Come puberty though and everyone she's known has left her in the dust while her own growth was left stunted. Her friends and family quickly learned to never tease her about this fact, as it became a surefire way to bring out her pint-sized rage.
  • Easily Spooked: No amount of invincibility could ever stop her from shivering at the sight of a particularly large looking spider or spooky noises in the dark. Anything that's trying to scare her into submission tends to have an easier time for this very reason, especially if they're particularly freaky looking.
  • Thick Skulked: She might be tough as nails, but her own mental prowess leaves much to be desired. There are many ideas and concepts that leave her confused and unsure over, yet out of a personal sense of stubbornness she'll more often the not feign a lack of ignorance and won't ask for clarification.
  • Talent Scouts: It's always been her dream for someone to visit her field and see her playing, and one day offer up a contract so she could enter the major leagues as a star hitter. What she has however, are spotters of another variety, people who can think of many good uses for someone who couldn't get hurt. None of them have approached her as of yet, but they're there, biding their time for the perfect moment to offer her a chance to enter one of the most thrilling careers imaginable. Supervillainry.
Updated
Last edited by Doctor Malsyn on Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:02 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Working on my character should have him posted this weekend. Idea is a teenager trapped in an android who embraces his new body becoming a bit of a hotshot.
Formerly luketheduke86
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

That is actually surprisingly inoffensive for a nearly invulnerable hero. I'd only ballpark that at effective PL 10 or so against Toughness attacks. Still way harder to hurt, but not that horrifying compared to what could have been.