Tale of the Six Warriors

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Bill from Accounting

Re: Tale of the Six Warriors

Post by Bill from Accounting »

YAHATA

"My father was content to live in the shadow of his past and keep me trapped there as well. I stand free and Lord Nobunaga has offered me a path forward. If he or anyone else think they can close that path, I must crush them underfoot."

"Your father was foolish then," Yahata replied. "Any battlefield would be lesser without you." Unlike what she may have heard from Akihito, there was no trace of flirtation; just an honest assessment of a powerful fighter.

"Do you intend to protect us by being the first set upon by wolves?"

"The wolves would probably pass you up. I imagine you taste... soggy?" the demigod returned the banter, taking a jab at Hama's affinity for water.

Yahata had to resist letting out a chuckle when Akihito put him in charge. Of course he was, who else would be? Who else among them defended Japan from the invading Mongul fleets centuries ago? Twice, even! Sure, the second time was very fuzzy for Yahata and may or may not have actually happened, but it still counted.

"She trusts in the woods as she trusts in Kuroi's restraint, yet when Kuroi darts for the woods she is fast to follow?"

"I'm sure they'll be fine," Yahata looked to Hama and Soyokaze. "But if I do have to go in after them, I'm leaving Jingu here and she's in charge."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Soyokaze chuckles. "While clearly she is the more intelligent of your duo, I do not think I will be following orders from your coo-ing arsenal." The old man states.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Camus

Forest

Post by Camus »

Dai Jin shakes her head. The soldier's determination in her mind pushes off the subtle suggestions of the Forest spirits. She blinks and is able to see the mirage for what it truly is. One moment it was undoubtedly Oda Nobunaga, them it was an odd looking creature, barely humanoid. It's hands had no fingers, it's limbs no feet. The head only had two black holes where the eyes would be, and a third completed the face, bigger than the other two this hole would be the creature's mouth. As it looked back at Dai Jin, it's head tilted like a bird's, but didn't stop. It kept clockwise turning until the right “eye” was in the position of the mouth. Then it suddenly snapped back, with apparent comprehension, before fading into nothingness. And now she was alone, the spirit gone, but also Akihito, and any trail of him was imperceptible for Dai Jin. The Sun began giving off the last rays of light, dying everything golden and purple, and making the shadows dance mischievously around the warrior.
The same shadows dance around The Archer and the shadow spirit, but this one is convinced that the person running away from him is Oda Nobunaga. For his part Akihito can't see what his companion is looking at, but his keen sense of hearing catch a very distinct sound, one that he hasn't heard in quite a good time: the sound of children laughing and giggling.

心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Kuroi Kiri
Hp: 0
Cnd: Fine

"Hurry you oaf, unless you want to lose sight of Nobunaga-sama again." Kuro snapped at Akihito before pressing on, further into the woods.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

McGuffin wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:05 am Kuroi Kiri

"Hurry you oaf, unless you want to lose sight of Nobunaga-sama again." Kuro snapped at Akihito before pressing on, further into the woods.
AKIHITO
HP- 0 Condition-on alert

Quickly grabbin the Demon' arm before he can go deeper into the forest,The archer whispers
"Kuro,just wait a moment and use that Demon Cunning i've heard of to THINK!If really WAS our Lord in here Why would he run from us,his OWN Retainers?There's something wrong here and you know it just as well as i do.Now let me think of a way to get all three of us out of here...."
Akihito started racking his brain trying to remember what Forest spirits they might be dealing with.His sister was better at dealing with the spirits than him....
OCC:well let's see if i can't do something 'bout this....
I got Nothin' but a 6 :(
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

Hama
HP 1, LP 4 : Amused
~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~

"Your father was foolish then," Yahata replied. "Any battlefield would be lesser without you." "If you feel so, then do not be humble on my behalf.", Hama said with a smile.

"The wolves would probably pass you up. I imagine you taste... soggy?" Hama frowned. "Why was that a question?", she muttered while Soyokaze spoke. "While clearly she is the more intelligent of your duo, I do not think I will be following orders from your coo-ing arsenal." "Ah!", Hama announced. "I see the way of things. Yahata, has your time with a blade dulled your words? Can your tongue only be sharp when Jingu speaks for you?"
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Dai Jin
HP: 1

Thoroughly on edge from that sight, Dai Jin turned about with her sword half drawn in search of a target. She saw nothing however, it becoming apparent that the spirits seemed to have deemed her a too difficult target. "Akihito? Akihito!" She called, "Don't trust what you see, get Kuro and leave!"

the warrior turned her head to see if she could find the way she even came in...
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Kuroi Kiri

Kuro recoiled from Akihito's touch with a snarl, spinning around on the spot. But he didn't rush off, instead pausing to think, as the archer suggested.
Last edited by McGuffin on Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Soyokaze considers the woods. "I could construct a bright light to potentially lead our wayward companions back to the road but I do not know what else it may draw to us." the old alchemist offers.
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

Hama
HP 1, LP 4 : Amused
~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~

"I could construct a bright light to potentially lead our wayward companions back to the road but I do not know what else it may draw to us." "That is a fairly impressive lack of confidence in our companions, old man. They've been gone for bare minutes and you believe them lost?", Hama said with a shrug. "Or is there some reason you feel things are amiss?"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"I know the things that haunt forests. I do not fear for them if it were direct battle, nor do I seriously think them hurt, unless the spirits tricked them to battle with one another. But night, in a forest, willingly chasing after apparitions and visions.... They invite befuddlement surely as a glutton welcomes cakes." Soyokaze says sagely. "And as loathe as I am to interrupt any well-deserved lesson they are learning. I merely offer a guiding light should they have the wits to look and follow." Hama will get the sense that Soyokaze didn't say the last for her sake.
Camus

Figures in the forest

Post by Camus »

McGuffin wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:42 pm Kuroi Kiri

Kuro recoiled from Akihito's touch with a snarl, spinning around on the spot. But he didn't rush off, instead pausing to think, as the archer suggested.
Kuroi now recalls, with the aid of his companions, of the forest spirits, who lead incautious travellers to the depths of the forest, where other dangers await. Some stories also tell about the fortunes or powers some of these travellers have found, after clearing the challenges of the forest spirits. Clearly these particular tales are much less abundant than the ones where the travellers end up dead.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Kuroi Kiri

Kuro is hard to read at the best of times, but it seems to Akihito like he is... embarassed. "It would be wise of us to search for a way back to the others. And after that, we should stay out of the forest and stick to the road."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

McGuffin wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:30 am Kuroi Kiri

Kuro is hard to read at the best of times, but it seems to Akihito like he is... embarassed. "It would be wise of us to search for a way back to the others. And after that, we should stay out of the forest and stick to the road."
Akihito
HP-1 Condition-Normal

Giving a light grin the Demon,the Archer replies
"Of course,my friend...and don't worry,i won't tell sofu how it happened..." turning in the direction he remembered Dai being at,he calls out to her
"Whatever you do Dai,don't move from where your currently at! Start tapping against the nearest tree and i'll find you that way..."
Using Wolf's Ears to try to pick out where her tapping would be coming from.Do i need to make a roll Camus?
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Kuroi Kiri

As Akihito turned to call back to Dai Jin, Kuro's otherwise impassive face showed a twitch of annoyance for only a brief second before he visibly forced it down in favor of focusing on the task at hand. "Yes, it would be wise not to dwell on this again after we've returned to our course."