Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice [M&M 3e Recruitment CLOSED]

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
MacynSnow

Re: Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice [M&M 3e Recruitment]

Post by MacynSnow »

Batgirl III wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:18 am If I may be so gauche as to toot my own horn, I have a PL 10 / 150 PP version of Green Arrow and Hawkeye on my old thread.
Thanks BG,i'll look into them and adjust accordingly....:)
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Still working on my build. I will try to get something posted tomorrow. I revised the backstory somewhat, adding more detail and addition tie-ins to the Injustice setting.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Nunya B wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:20 am Inquisitor:
- The concept of a punch-psychic is neat, and the concept is brutally well executed. The drug-slave backstory makes this a much darker character than anyone else in the roster, which does fit the concept of Injustice as I understand it.
- Inquisitor is by far and away the most power-gamed character in the roster right now. She hits obscenely hard due to her Linked power, striking against two defenses that are rarely paired high. Throw on Fast Grab and she's effectively forcing three saves with every punch. She'll be very likely to take most anything apart in fairly short order. Doubly so if somebody throws her an Aid or a Setup-ed Feint.
- At the same time, the Move Action flaw on 5-U-93-R has to be Increased Action: The point cost doesn't work out to 45 unless it's a -1 PP/rank flaw. And that means she's getting the full discount of the flaw but sustaining it is only a free action (since it's Continuous) which means it's basically Activation. This is a fascinating and clever way to end-run the cost of Continuous, but it's also extremely cheesy. Or I'm misreading it.
I think you are being a bit loose on the concept of a power-gamed character. She's really just a modified Powerhouse with psychic flavor. She has no area effects, no takedown (much less the 2nd rank of it), no movement powers, no perception range attacks, a lot of the tools power gamed characters typically use.

Her psychic onslaught is ultimately on the same level as a linked weaken effect and fast grab isn't as effective as you are making it out to be on a round by round basis.

As for the 5-U-93-R power, it's debatable. You say cheesy, but I fail to see an issue exactly. It would otherwise be a free action with a sustained effect. Sustained and Continuous only differ in that Continuous remains in effect when the character is unable to take free actions to sustain. What would have been cheesy is making it permanent and adding activation. Then it could be only suppressed at most and would actually cost 1pp less than it does now. :lol:

Also worth noting, I could not for the life of me find a duration for how long one of those is supposed to last, but did find that taking too many at once can cause cardiac arrest. So that said, I imagine a good complication would be the drug wearing off at an inopportune time and her running out of the pills, needing a resupply.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

You know,speaking about Drug-addicted Hero's..i've been meaning to ask but whatever happened to Hourman and the rest of the active Justice Society? No way would they sit this out.I know Wildcat was killed by 'Gun' Batman,but what about the rest.....
Toast Burglar

Post by Toast Burglar »

After taking into consideration my many ideas, colluding with personal friends and brainstorming to the Nth level, I've decided that my application for this game will actually be a junior Shazam, created by Solomon after realizing that giving all that power at once to one child was a mistake. This new Shazam will only gain a few of the boons at once, and thusly only age about half as much, placing him in his teens while powered up.

Full backstory and crunch sheet will be posted when I come up with it all. Just posting my idea others might not do anything similar.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Toast Burglar wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:25 am After taking into consideration my many ideas, colluding with personal friends and brainstorming to the Nth level, I've decided that my application for this game will actually be a junior Shazam, created by Solomon after realizing that giving all that power at once to one child was a mistake. This new Shazam will only gain a few of the boons at once, and thusly only age about half as much, placing him in his teens while powered up.

Full backstory and crunch sheet will be posted when I come up with it all. Just posting my idea others might not do anything similar.
Especially since Billy kinda crosses Superman and has a bad day and gets himself fired from the Regime....and life.
Bill from Accounting

Post by Bill from Accounting »

MacynSnow wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:59 am
Batgirl III wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:18 am If I may be so gauche as to toot my own horn, I have a PL 10 / 150 PP version of Green Arrow and Hawkeye on my old thread.
Thanks BG,i'll look into them and adjust accordingly....:)
Batgirl III has tons of great builds. If you haven't already, You could also check out a build by another one of my favorites, Thorpacolypse. He has a build for Arsenal here; it's PL 10 and 8 points under budget, so you'd still have room to work with.

Also, my Green Lantern submission is more or less complete. I may go back and touch up some details later, but overall it is what it will be.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

I added one more bit to Victoria's background to address her viewed on force since I forgot to include it before
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

Toast Burglar wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:25 am After taking into consideration my many ideas, colluding with personal friends and brainstorming to the Nth level, I've decided that my application for this game will actually be a junior Shazam, created by Solomon after realizing that giving all that power at once to one child was a mistake. This new Shazam will only gain a few of the boons at once, and thusly only age about half as much, placing him in his teens while powered up.

Neat idea. I like it. Poor Billy, though.
Awaken

Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice OOC IC
Toast Burglar

Post by Toast Burglar »

After a totally uneventful night at work, I present Billy's successor: Peter Price!

This art is not my own doing. Proper credit is marked on.

Name: Peter Price
Alias: Lil' Shazam/Young Marvel/Marvel (Suggestions appreciated)

Background: With the passing of Billy Batson under the burning gaze of Superman, the Wizard Shazam realized quickly that letting such power into the hands of one child all of a sudden lead to the cockiness that was the child's downfall. While the child's death was not in vain, his passing left a gaping hole in the world's defenses, and so it happened that magic word needed to be passed to a new defender of the world.

However, caution being the better part of valor, Shazam decided that this sensitive age of heroes, scarred by the tyranny of the strong, required a more delicate approach in order to establish such a hero. So he reached out to an even younger child than before, one who he could ease into the role of the World's Mightiest Mortal...

Peter Price was a fan of police detectives, the ones they showed on TV. Like any kid his age, he wanted to grow up to be just like the heroes he looked up to on the screens. But most of his life, this didn't include many caped heroes. A flying tyrant wearing blue ruled the world most of his life, making his parents cower in fear for their lives every time he came up on the news. Property destruction was not uncommon and he moved around a lot, not making many friends along the way.

His childish perspective was that this man was evil, because he made people scared. A correct, if not naïve deduction, however he took it steps further: Any scary person must have worked for that man. He saw a lot of scary people get arrested by cops on TV, and in his eyes, he saw that the best way he could help was to hunt down scary men as well.

He was foolish, naïve, but he was dedicated to the task. But by the time he was ready, it was too late. The Regime had fallen, the tyrant was gone. But his parents, not realizing that he read into their fears, did not feel inform him of this development, and faster than you can read a room, he was off looking for trouble.

He had it all figured out: By reading children's mystery books he gathered some knowledge on how to investigate. Naturally this lead him to a shady area of the city, a dangerous place for a kid who lives inside his own head, yet he investigated shady characters. It was here that he discovered his first clue...

The first of a relatively easy trail for a somewhat practiced gumshoe to follow. This trail lead him far, but every step of the way was tantalizing, like he was onto some mysterious dark underground. Tipping off the police with this kind of info would get him all sorts of credit and friends, he'd have his name on headlines, and this chance at fame was driving him constantly forward.

Until it was too late, and he hopped on an empty train without thinking, following a trail of strange, sparkling dust. Trapped, he panicked, prepared to defend himself from some madman working for the tyrant. But no such foe appeared. In some hours, the train stopped, and he found himself in a strange cavern with many strange statues, marked the Seven Deadly Enemies of Man.

Further in, under a magically suspended stone, Peter met a withered old wizard by the name of Shazam. Shazam noted the child as rather bright to follow those clues he placed, and announced his decision: Peter Price was declared as the next champion to fight for good, as the World's Mightiest Mortal. He happened to leave out the part where the young man was only going to be given a small fraction of the power to begin with, so that he could ease into the mantle.

Heeding the Wizard's request for the young boy to say his name, Peter spoke a mighty, "SHAZAM!", and a magical bolt of lightning fell from above, and filled him with the powers and virtues of many heroes from across mythology: The Wisdom of Solomon; The Strength of Hercules; The Stamina of Atlas; The Lightning of Zeus; The Courage of Achilles; and The Speed of Mercury!

However, Shazam himself secretly kept most of this power held back, safely out of the hands of this child, so that he would not fall into his own hubris. With such reasonable limits in place, Peter would understand the extent of this gift, and become a more responsible champion than his predecessor.

...In due time.

This gift, given to him so early on, has required that he keep this secret as tight as possible, lest his friends push for superhuman shenanigans. After a few days taking his powers for a joy ride, sweeping the streets for crime, he learned a lesson in humility at the hands of Black Adam, a man who held the full power of Shazam. Awed and humbled, and after a few weeks of recovery, Peter seeks out some means to protect the world from such powerful foes, whilst aiming to use his powers more responsibly.

Abilities
STR 12 (8)
STA 8
AGI 4
DEX 4
FGT 8
INT 2
AWE 3
PRE 0

Powers
Strength of Hercules: Enhanced Strength 4 ~ 8 Points

Stamina of Atlas: Immunity 10 (Life Support); Protection 4; Impervious Toughness 12 ~ 26 Points

Speed of Mercury: Flight 8 ~ 16 Points
AE: Speed 8, Quickness 8 ~ 1 Point
AE: Dimension Travel 1 (Rock of Eternity) ~ 1 Point

Courage of Achilles: Improved Will 6 ~ 6 Points

Wisdom of Solomon: Enhanced Advantages 4 (Assessment, Beginner's Luck, Eidetic Memory, Jack-of-All-Trades) ~ 4 Points

Skills
Insight 4 (+7), Investigation 6 (+8), Perception 2 (+5), Ranged Combat: Throwing 4 (+8)

Advantages
Assessment, Beginner's Luck, Eidetic Memory, Jack-of-All-Trades

Defenses
Dodge: 8
Parry: 8
Tough: 12
Fort: 10
Will: 9

Offenses
Init: +4
Unarmed +8 Damage 12 (DC27)
Hurl +8 Ranged Damage 12 (DC27)
Grapple +8 DC22

Total
Abilities 74
Powers 62
Skills 8
Advantages 0
Defenses 6
Total: 150/150

Complications
Childish: As an 8 year old who has the body and social grouping of a 16 year old, he may just be more naïve and impulsive than the original Captain Marvel himself, as he feels obligated to act cool and take risks while powered up.

Power Loss: He has no power as Peter Price. He can lose his powers if he's tricked into saying his magic word, or if struck by attacks simultaneously holding the Magic and Lightning descriptors.

Secret Identity: Peter Price. In his normal identity, he has STR 0, STA 1, AGI 1, DEX 2, FGT 0, INT 2, AWE 3, with corresponding changes to his skills and defenses. He is also small, as if by (Shrinking 2, Permanent, Innate).

Motivation - Thrills/Responsibility: Peter's newfound powers come with the added responsibility of protecting the world from magical threats beyond his mortal comprehension. But more than anything, he sees them like a game he gets to play long before any of the other cool kids, as long as he keeps up his guise.
Last edited by Toast Burglar on Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

MacynSnow wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:59 am You know,speaking about Drug-addicted Hero's..i've been meaning to ask but whatever happened to Hourman and the rest of the active Justice Society? No way would they sit this out.I know Wildcat was killed by 'Gun' Batman,but what about the rest.....
If it comes up, I'll make stuff up, 'cause I don't think there's any canonical answer.
Awaken

CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

When did DC add a half dozen or more Firestorms? Now there's one for different countries?

Batgirl, I wish to use your Firestorm pl 10 build as a basis for mine with your permission.
Ghost of Krypton

Post by Ghost of Krypton »

<click>

Psion's Log. June 7th, 2018.

Yeah, Barbara's always felt that making a voice log helps long term retention, vocalizing thoughts and impressions to sort out the factual from the bias. It's sound, in theory I thought I'd try it after the League's first review of the applicants for Absolute Justice, Batman's new mentor ship program for the world's next generation of heroes.

Ok, where to start. Roy Harper, Arsenal, the delinquent. Or at least that's the face he likes to show to those who he's meeting for the first time. It would make sense, it sets the observer's expectations lower than one might expect, which thereby makes it easier to exceed those expectations at a later date. Or a subsequent failure can be written off due to those initial low expectations. Makes me think that he blames himself for something, and is setting himself up for failure, especially considering how much potential he has.

Lena Luther, the mastermind. Yes, direct relation, as in younger sister. She runs hot and cold. Incredibly attractive, coupled with her confidence and poise, she knows it and uses it to her advantage. Incredibly smart, intimidatingly so. Her time imprisoned by the Regime for aiding the Insurgency has allowed her to build up a shell, emotional armor that matches the physical armor she wears in it's impenetrability. She's devoted to restoring L-Corp's image in the public sector, which would indicate a devotion to her family, however, her interactions with her older brother would seem to be far more complex. I respect her for her sacrifice during the Chancellor's reign, her commitment to aiding the Insurgency, something I couldn't do while in their care.

Unit XIII, the outsider. My feelings on this one are pretty complex, on first meeting XIII, I thought of it as a tool, an asset, firepower on dangerous assignments. However, as I was in close proximity to it, I became aware that it's programming is so complex, so, human, that it has independent thoughts and feelings. Now those thoughts and feelings seem to be guided by it's programmed directives, which seem almost superfluous in their malleability. However, I have the impression that a human mind may have been the base design for XIII's neural network. If possible, I would certainly like to speak with XIII's support team at Base i.

Victoria Reise, Inquisitor, the powerhouse. Conscripted into the Regime's Inquisitor program, forced chemical augmentation, psychic inducement, and ultimately afflicted with a physiological dependency. I can't help but feel an odd twinge of guilt when I think about her past, a psychic program that ran concurrently to my own internment by the Regime? I find myself curious if my father was somehow involved in the Inquisitor program. If, due to the success of the Regime's attempt to weaponize my own psychometric tracking, I am somehow to blame for the continuation of the program and all the subsequent pain that has been afflicted on her. I'll do whatever it takes to make it right, to provide her with some semblance of normalcy to her life.

Janet Baker, Green Lantern, the fighter. The Baker's led a sheltered life during the Regime, able to keep their heads down and their daughter safe. There was an abundance of love in that family, something that I've never really experienced, something that it is quite obvious, she cherishes. When tragedy struck the family during the Brainiac Incursion, Janet stepped up, did what she felt was right, that woman's resolve is a force of nature. It's no mystery to me why she is able to wield that ring, and despite the adversity caused by the loss of her arm, she maintains a healthy sense of humor and possesses a strong sense of family, of loyalty. I feel she could be a corner stone of a new generation of heroes.

Tobey Hollis, Prestige, the beacon. Tobey Holis hates me. It roils off of him in waves, he lost his parents to the Regime because their idealogoy differed from the Chancellor's vision. I remember their faces, I led the Regime to his door, to their home, and they took his parents from him. Tobey Holis hates me, and he has every right. However he possess a magic I've never seen before, and not the arcane abilities he learned in Fate's Tower, no. Hollis posseses the magic of hope, something that died when the Chancellor enforced his vision on the world. And maybe, just maybe, if Hollis and I can learn to work together, get through the past, and carry that hope forward, he can share his magic with the world.

Peter Price, Marvel, the innocent. Price is similar to Hollis in many ways, expect Price see's hope in the world around him, he sees the good in people with this youthful, bright eyed optimism. He seems exuberant and impulsive, traits which we should try to manage, but not at the cost of his innocence. I don't have siblings, let alone a younger brother, but if I did I would hope it would be a kid like Peter. He has been gifted with traits of those much more powerful than he, the strength and clarity of actual Gods, capital G, and I think when his time comes he'll surprise even himself when he's able to prove how worthy he is to carry the name of Captain Marvel.

End log.

<click>
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

I can say this, since two people have done it now. I'm glad people are doing this, 'cause it helps me get excited (more than I already am) for the game. I won't be doing it publicly, because that'd be... kind of unfair.
Awaken

Toast Burglar

Post by Toast Burglar »

endwaar wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:55 pm
Price*