[3E IC] The J.V. Team

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: [3E IC] The J.V. Team

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Tough Stuff
HP: 3
----------

"M...Mhmm..." The girl manages to squeak out, not really hearing Josh give out his instructions. Her eyes are instead squeezed shut with her arms crossed tight over her chest as she tried to get her shaking under control.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Gamemaster

Josh sees the figures start to pull Kelvin toward the back of the room, the proprietor's struggles getting more violent, but failing to get free. Behind him, he hears a mechanical click over Kelvin's struggles.

The rest of the group hears little more than the rustle of cloth and violent struggling sounds on the direction where Josh had indicated the abduction is taking place, occasionally punctuated by s bestial hiss or growl.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Tough Stuff
----------

Will Save: 15

Cindy tries to gather her wits, silently chanting to herself that she was strong, she could handle this. There was... There was nothing for her to be afraid of... Right?
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

MAVERICK (Joshua Crowe)
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy

With the others unable to see for the moment, Maverick races after the ones dragging Kelvin off to confront them and slow them down. With a flick of his wrist, Maverick extends the staff he'd drawn out of his bag with his mask. "He doesn't seem too interested in going with you."

Maverick makes for an acrobatic maneuver to vault over Kelvin, putting him in the perfect spot to strike at all four of the figures dragging the club owner then land on the other side hopefully in their path.
Quickdraw to bring out the staff, and switching array to Combat Focus then attacking with Multiattack against all four targets.
Attack (Multiattack vs 4 targets) DC18: 4#1d20+13-4 12 12 25 18
Here's hoping them dragging Kelvin is being treated like grappling him leaving them Vulnerable, cause half of those rolls were awful. :lol:

Let me know if you'd like me to roll something for leaping over Kelvin.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 1; Condition: Giantess

Irene couldn't see squat save for Cindy who despite her nigh invulnerability was more vulnerable them people might think and Olev whose mobility down here was a problem. Setting her now ten foot frame into a fighting stance she moved to protect the two of them as needed and back up Maverick if called for.

She debated for a hot second just going full sized and bringing the entire cavern down on their attackers heads but she dismissed it as soon as the thought appeared, She didn't know how far down they were and had no way to know if she would even be able to push through all of it without hurting herself.
No action at this time but ready to move as needed
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Maverick

While the things holding Kelvin are slowed by their grip on him, so too does Joshua find himself hindered, trying to strike them down without hitting Kelvin, who's still actively resisting and moving around, almost spoiling Joshua's strikes. When Joshua lands on the other side, staff at the ready, only one of the beings has slumped to the ground. The others... his blows had almost bounced off of them, like he was striking something much tougher than flesh. Almost as one, they lift their heads and stare at Joshua, their eyes seeming to glow in the light of his UV flashlight, hastily lifted in one hand, their faces faintly glowing in his vision, their bodies almost opaque. Then, they open their mouths, and he sees the sharp fangs as they hiss, echoed by the figures at the periphery...
OOC wrote:That will hit all four of them, but only one of them fails their Toughness save. I'll give Joshua a chance to relay whatever information he wants and for Titaness to have a chance to act if she wants.

Initiative
Turbomber - 14 (Commanded to switch to static charge mode)
Mooks (x15) - 13
Skølldir - 12
Titaness - 10
Maverick - 8
Cindy - ? (Stunned)
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Tough Stuff
----------

ooc; For the sake of getting to roll in the htread again, I'll toss the save here.
Will: 11 Probably a negatory on that.

She couldn't move, why couldn't she move? They were just shadows. They couldn't hurt her. Nothing could hurt her. Yet her body refused to budge, and the sweat continued to bead down her neck, and her hands just wouldn't stop shaking.
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

MAVERICK (Joshua Crowe)
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy

Maverick lands gracefully and spins to face the assailants with a spin of his staff, arching a brow under his mask at what he sees. "Hey guys...these guys either have some real fancy contact lenses and falsies, or they're actual vampires.. keep your guard up!"
Last edited by EpicEclipse on Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Gamemaster

Skølldir pauses for a moment and then speaks several words in the tone of curses and what is likely Norwegian.
"I did not think to program my brilliant robots for such a scenario!" he proclaims, "And they cannot perceive the enemy and thus will not attack... and I fear that they..." He was interrupted by the sound of many feet and then a sudden blinding flash of light, after which Skølldir said, in a slightly shaky voice, "I believe that I need to re-calibrate their systems." Suddenly, he yelps, and begins moving his chair through a rapid-fire series of sudden moves as he suffers incoming blows, as Cindy and Titaness similarly find someone bludgeoning them at close range, striking from the darkness with more than regular human strength.

Meanwhile, Maverick sees the three creatures holding Kelvin continuing to drag him off, now at a slight angle as four others surround him, spaced about ten feet out from him, seemingly waiting for him to make the first move.
OOC wrote:Hate having to do the dialogue of someone else's character... probably mangling it. As per Skølldir''s words, the robots were built with simple directives to only go off when enemies are noted to be in their area of effect. And they cannot see in the dark...

The three holding Kelvin begin dragging him to one side as four others move to surround Joshua, readying an action to attack if he tries to get by them. The other eight rush en-masse at the three still closer to the door.

The robot does still have hearing, and Perception: 1D20+8 = [8]+8 = 16 will be enough for them to recognize multiple approaching enemies, but insufficient for accurate sensing, which means their attempt to except allies is less than helpful. The mooks roll for Dodge and Fortitude and none seem to have been felled. Irene is immune to electricity. CIndy and Skølldir have a DC 16 Dodge save for half effect, then a DC 16 Fortitude save against Hindered/Vulnerable, Stunned/Defenseless, Paralyzed/Incapacitated, while the drone rolls Toughness (Damage side effect): 1D20+8 = [10]+8 = 18 against the DC 23 (theoretically, it's much higher since the Side Effect is supposed to match the power's PP, but I figure I'll cap it at campaign PL) to be disabled as a minion.

Skolldir rolls Dodge / Fortitude: 1D20+5 = [4]+5 = 9; 1D20+6 = [10]+6 = 16 for just barely no effect.

Three of the mooks will attack Titaness, three on Skølldir, and two on Cindy. Because of the darkness, targets are essentially Blind (visually unaware), which would make them Vulnerable. Two hit Skølldir. Toughness: 1D20+8 = [11]+8 = 19 and Toughness: 1D20+8 = [4]+8 = 12 would give him one -1 penalty and a Dazed, but he'll use his new Hero Point to reroll. Toughness (HP Reroll): 1D20+8 = [18]+8 = 26 saves, no problem.

One will hit Titaness. It's blunt force physical damage, DC 19. And one will hit Cindy, but no damage due to her Impervious.

Skølldir is taking a total defense with his Standard, Total Defense: 1D20+2 = [6]+2 = 9 nets him a 19 defense until his next turn. He'll ready a Move action in case someone fires off an attack that might hit him otherwise.

Initiative
Mooks (x15) - 13
Skølldir - 12 (Gained, then lost a Hero Point)
Titaness - 10 (Needs to roll a Toughness save vs DC 19)
Maverick - 8
Cindy - ? (Stunned) (receives a Complication Hero Point, needs to roll a Dodge/Fortitude Save against DC 16 each)
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Tough Stuff
HP: 4
----------

Dodge: 15
Fortitude: 20

Will Save: 21 Her highest roll for will so far, is that enough to get past her fear?

She's too stunned to move out of the way in time before the electrical arcs roll over her, but her body holds up against it's debilitating effects without any issue at all. The flash caused to briefly see the shadows of the creatures coming for her. 'Snap out of it! Her mind screams, hands still shaking. It's no use, she can't dodge away in time, one of them get's too close and...! It... It dosn't hurt?

...They can't hurt her. Why should she be afraid of something that can't hurt her?
------------
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 1; Condition: Giantess (-1 bruised)

she was readying to move when something came in from the darkness and drove a fist into her chin with a pretty impressive force. She spat a small bit of blood and her eyes flashed with lightning.

Irenes toughness save _: 1D20+4 = [12]+4 = 16
fail by 3 thats a bruise
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Tough Stuff
HP: 4
----------

Cindy shoves past whoever was trying to attack her, instead trying to rush towards where she was hearing Kelvin struggling against his captors. Doubtlessly she'd continue to bump into things along the way, but she wouldn't let that dissuade her now that she's broken out of her fright. "Stop, let go of him!" She called, swinging her bat wildly in vague hope she might hit something.

OOC: Likely a double move towards wherever Kelvin is. She can't see for shit, so she's probably not exactly on point. Her swinging the bat around is more to know she's in the right general area then to actually cause damage.
------------
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 1; Condition: Giantess

"Well here goes nothing." she muttered quietly to no one and everyone Then praying she wouldn't crack her skull open irene took a breath and suddenly shot up to 16 feet in height making sure to flex her knees so she didn't concuss herself. She felt the ceilings closeness as a bit of claustrophobia swept over her but shook it off.

The lightning played over her body set the room into a caliedescopic glow as she made ready to smash the first vamp to come near her.

Pop up to a good 16 feet 4 ranks worth

So shes 8 A 8 D

Catsi stories
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

MAVERICK (Joshua Crowe)
0 :HP ο COND: Fatigued

Assessing the situation, it wasn't looking great. Outnumbered and in the dark, three of the four teen heroes were at a significant disadvantage. At least Cindy had shaken off whatever was affecting her.

Time for some insurance then, so if the assailants did get away with Kelvin, they could find him after. Adjusting his tactics, Maverick prepared himself to fight through the ring of enemies around him as if attempting to free Kelvin again, but really his intent was to plant a small tracer bug he'd palmed in his hand.
Switching array to Counterstance and using his standard action to activate Deflect on that, then moving and with extra effort, attempting to plant the tracer on Kelvin.

Fuzzy called for Acrobatics and Sleight of Hand for this maneuver, so here we go:
Acrobatics: 1d20+7 18
Sleight of Hand: 1d20+9 12 Going to reroll, which means I'll have to live with fatigue for a bit.
Sleight of Hand: 1d20+9 29 Nat 20. Totally worth the fatigue.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Tough Stuff

As Cindy pushes past her ineffective attackers, she plunges into the sensory deprivation of darkness. Around Irene, there had been a faint nimbus, and she'd had a brief flashbulb of the room when Skolldir's drone had gone off, but once she started running, it all dropped away. The sound of fighting behind her, and in front of her, gave her an idea of where to move, but she had the queer sensation of her steps lengthening and shortening as her brain tried to figure out her approximate position in the room. In what feels like it could have been seconds or minutes or hours, her bat swatted something solid, and she hears a muffled cry of complaint and then bestial hisses and a sense of something moving toward her as she hears the sound of approaching running footsteps from behind her.

Meanwhile, TItaness surges up, her attackers now more at shin level, although apparently not entirely deterred by the prospect. And on the far side of the room, Joshua shifts as if to move to one side, and when the circle of attackers shifts with him, he immediately darts the other direction, doing a baseball slide under one of vampiric creatures, the sudden angle change causing his flashlight's light to bounce crazily around the room, demonic figures seemingly coalescing in the shadows before he was past, well ahead of the creature's attempt to punch the ground where he'd gone by, and then he's on his feet and sprinting toward Kelvin, and where Cindy is apparently swinging blindly to one side. As he drives toward the creatures holding Kelvin, two of them begin to break off and prepare to attack, and are caught flat-footed as Joshua swings at their feet with their staffs, forcing them to dodge as he surreptitiously slips a tracker into one of Kelvin's pockets, spinning his staff in a defensive figure-8 as the two who broke off from Kelvin prepare to attack, soon to be followed by two more things running up from where Titaness is expanding as far as the the ceiling will let her, and Skolldir is apparently fiddling with something on his chair's control panel as his chair goes through defensive patterns. And lastly, the ones who had ringed him are rushing toward him. He definitely has their attention now...
OOC wrote:Initiative
Cindy - 20
Mooks (x15) - 13
Skølldir - 12
Titaness - 10
Maverick - 8