[3E IC] The J.V. Team

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: [3E IC] The J.V. Team

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Tough Stuff
HP: 2
----------

Cindy listens with as much apt attention a girl like her can manage. "I guess it's not really what we were hoping for, but it was still pretty cool. Thank you for the history lesson, Father. I promise to try and come by again sometime!" She declares, a determined grin on her face.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Gamemaster

Father Taylor responds to Olev's comment with a bemused half smile before pouncing on Cindy's statement with evident relief.
"Well, you are, of course, always welcome. I really don't know if I've been of much help, but, well, you are welcome to return if you come up with more questions." With an amused eye-roll and a short chuckle, he added, "We have a lot of answers, even if most of them engender more questions."
Camus

Skølldir

Post by Camus »

"A poetical way of saying you hold no useful answers." Olev states dryly. Something about this know it all preachers always annoyed him. "But enough of this place." he adds, as his wheelchair hums softly and it lifts off the ground, propelling the young inventor away. They had to catch a bus if they were to make it to the nightclub in time.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Gamemaster

Father Taylor looks after Olev leaving, coincidentally joining the departure of some of the people who had been praying the rosary.
"Well, you win some, lose some, and some games get called on account of rain," he says softly, more to himself. He smiles, a bit forced, at the rest of the students.
"I hope you find what you're looking for, kids." His hands move in what Cindy recognizes as the sign of the cross offered outward.

Outside, the sun has set and the air is starting to grow chill. It's not difficult to catch up to Olev and then to the nightclub.

Eclipse looks to have been a former church, converted to an entertainment venue. Bright lights shine behind stained glass. The time a little after 9 PM, a line has formed outside the club, clearly heavily weighted towards the Goth subculture, although there seems to be a wide spectrum, from matte black trench-coats to PVC dresses to a few who have silvery accents to their otherwise dark attire. A large, but not inhumanly so, man is at the door, checking IDs of those seeking to enter.
OOC wrote:As per the OOC discussion, moving you to the nightclub.
Last edited by FuzzyBoots on Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Camus

Skølldir

Post by Camus »

Olev rolled his chair to the brute at the entrance. Looking up, he plainly stated "We wish to access, which are the requisites?". He guessed he could mess up with the doorman's earpiece and grant them access, but why not try the legal way first right? Right?
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Gamemaster

The bouncer looks down at Olev and in a bored voice, says, "Got a valid ID, kid? If so, get in line. This ain't Disney and we don't do Fastpass cards."

Up close, he's broader than he appeared, and extremely hirsute, with copious black chest hair visible under the undershirt he's wearing below a leather trenchcoat. He exudes a musk that might be related to the over over-garment or might just be his own. When he talks, you can see that his canines are slightly pronounced, although whether it's natural or prosthetics, it's hard to tell.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Tough Stuff
----------

It dawns on her the longer she looks at the crowd, bouncer, and Eclipse itself just what kinda club it was. With a sigh of defeat she leans against a nearby telephone pole while Olev makes an attempted approach. "Yeah, there's absolutely no way we'e getting in there, are we? Didn't exactly come here to give me an excuse to head to confession either..."
------------
Camus

Skølldir

Post by Camus »

Olev nods to the giant of a man before returning to his companions, just in time to hear Cindy. He opens up his computer and starts searching for something on the web, casually addressing her "Your constant complains are not going to take us anywhere, you know." he says as he inputs text in the keypad. He reads through something "Hmm so we need to be 18 to be allowed it in this country. Preposterous."
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

MAVERICK (Joshua Crowe)
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy

Joshua considers the options while sizing the bouncer up. Lifting an ID would be easy, but would obviously lack accurate details should the man do anything more than glance at it. He could sneak in, but to what end? They needed to try and talk to the owner ultimately. Maybe just asking? Couldn't hurt.

"Sorry, man. Actually, we're doing a school project, historical. We were just hoping to talk to the owner about some historical relevance this place has for our report. Think you could help us out?"
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Gamemaster

The bouncer seems unmoved by Joshua's plight.
"Sorry, kid. 'Snot worth my job if you get caught in there. We could lose our liquor license. Now scram."
OOC wrote:EpicEclipse told me to roll for him. Persuade: 1D20+4 = [5]+4 = 9, unfortunately, falls short.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

MAVERICK (Joshua Crowe)

Joshua thinks quickly to deflect the rejection into coming at the issue from a different angle.

"Well, we don't necessarily need to go in, if he could come out and talk to us for just a few minutes, or schedule some time when we could meet with him in the next few days? We don't want to get anyone in trouble over it, but it's a school project."
Last edited by EpicEclipse on Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Tough Stuff
----------

The girl smiles along and nods at Joshua's deceleration, more offering morale support then trying to add her two cents.
------------
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 1; Condition: Giant Bit o awkward

Youd think being near 7 foot tall would make one less awkward in social situations but Irene had never been a big chatter with people and she seemed to get along well with the misfits then she did with most normal folk. So she smiled warmly and did the best she could to provide moral support with a big thumbs up.

Providing a persuasion roll just for the fun of it Roll (1d20)+4: 9,+4 Total:13 :P

Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Gamemaster

The Bouncer sighs heavily, eyeing the length of the line he still had to deal with.
"Deal, kids. Call the club number some time after 5 PM. I'll let Mr. Hewet know you'll be calling on him. Just... don't piss him off, OK? Because I'm the one who's gonna get pissed on it that case, you know? Now am-scray."
OOC wrote:Truthfully, I was not expecting everyone to be so rational about it. :) Very well, then.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

MAVERICK (Joshua Crowe)

"Thanks man, that's a big help. Hope you have an uneventful night." Contextually, Joshua obviously means in terms of hooligans in the line, or in the club. It's a slim odds sort of thing with alcohol and possibly drugs in the mix, but the sentiment is sincere.

Turning back to his classmate, Josh checks the time on his phone. "It's after nine now, so we should probably contact Mr. Hewet tomorrow and head home for now. Prep any questions and that kind of stuff and meet at five tomorrow to call him. Sound good?"