[3E IC] The J.V. Team

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
FuzzyBoots

Re: [3E IC] The J.V. Team

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Gamemaster

Mr. Nisbet happily makes the plushie sale to Olev. It's obvious he wants to shill other merchandise from the way he starts unearthing it, but after a moment, he sets it back in the boxes.
"Come back any time," he says, the bombastic nature of his voice sounding a bit staged, the edges of his eyes crinkled a bit, "I've got tons of stories. Maybe I can tell you about the time that I got the Centurion to incubate a hive of bees with strains of RNA from Rigel V. Heh... Lady Liberty joked about his 'bee babies' for weeks after that, I heard..."

To Joshua's parting question, he blinks, and smacks his lips softly as his eyes go a bit distance.
"Oh! Yes, well, as your friend in the wheelchair figured out, it turned into a nightclub. Eclipse, I think, was its name. Still there last I heard, caters to the 'goth' crowd, kids dressing up, that kind of thing, just another night at the vampire club." With that last, cackles again at an inward joke, the cackle turning to a series of dry coughs. After a few seconds of that, he pulls a handkerchief from his breast pocket, of course black and yellow striped, and brushes at his mouth.
"Sorry, usually I hydrate a lot more before doing the speeches," he says, his volume reduced from the earlier levels, "Not so young anymore, can't always be spontaneous."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Tough Stuff
HP: 2
----------

Though she makes a weird face at his description of the 'bee babies' thing, she does listen to the rest of what he says with rapt attention. When his dry cough kicks in, it doesn't take her very long to shoulder her bag off to rummage inside. A sparkly pink water bottle is produced from it in short order, the same one she always takes with her to practice. "Here Mr. Beekeeper man, you can borrow mine for a moment if it'll help!"
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Gamemaster

"Thanks," he says, pouring some wter in his mouth and swishing it around before swallowing and handing the bottle back, "I— hmm..." He pauses for a second of internal reflection before nodding. "That club, pretty sure it's all pretend vampires, but rumor has it Foreshadow took out some real ones that were using it as cover once, and the 70s got kind of rough. With the Moore Act making superheroes illegal, they—" he cut himself off with a slight frown.

"Just don't take any wooden nickels, and don't get into any vans with guys who don't show up in their rear-view mirrors. And you may want to visit the club during daytime hours."
Camus

Skølldir

Post by Camus »

Olev n narrows his eyes. Without turning his wheelchair he says "I think you know the place better than that then, no?
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Gamemaster

Nisbet pauses, and offers a slight smile.
"Maybe. Looking at everything put together, I have a sneaking suspicion I know who you're looking for. I hadn't known her non-cape name, or her origin story." His face draws, sadness flashing over his face. "It... explains some things." He shakes his head ruefully and a smile crosses his face that almost touches his eyes.
"But if so, then yes, she is definitely long gone. Good luck, kids. Feel free to come and visit any time. It gets lonely sometimes, here."
EpicEclipse

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by EpicEclipse »

MAVERICK (Joshua Crowe)
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy

"huh... now that you mention it... we've been learning a lot about who Hazel was when she wasn't a villain. We don't even know who she was as a villain, much less what she called herself in the costume. What *did* she call herself in costume?"
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Tough Stuff
----------

"Well, yeah, isn't that the point of our assignment? Find out who her alternate identity was as a villainess, put everything in a report and stuff right? Come on, maybe we'll find out what we need to know at that club!"
------------
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 1; Condition: Giantess

"thanks M. Nisbet, well stop by sometime if we can." she offers genuinely with a smile as they ;eave.

to cindys suggestion she adds. "Id say we hit the Freedome League museum first but yeah the club might have some answers too."
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Tough Stuff
----------

"Well,I just mean, if we take too long at the museum it might get dark before we get to that club... A-and, not like that would be a problem or anything. Just... something to consider, right?" Cindy stuttered, clearly not at all affected by the cryptic warning to visit during the daytime instead of at night.
------------
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Gamemaster

Nisbet taps the side of this nose with a canny grin on his face, and opens his mouth to speak, then closes it, his grin turning rueful before speaking again.
"I was going to say something about being able to keep a secret, especially since this is homework, but you'll find this out fast enough, and I'm sure it's not just a name you're looking for. Lenore was the name I knew her by. 'The rare and radiant maiden whom the angels name Lenore, nameless here forevermore', and a damn good supplier and fence. I would say 'procurer', but that has entirely different implications, and she didn't stoop to that."

His eyes go misty again, and then he gently shakes his head. "I have little doubt there is far more for you to learn. I know I'll be following the leads. It's... a way to pay tribute to a fallen comrade."
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Gamemaster

It takes a bit more conversation, and acceptance of an autographed glossy photograph each of The Beekeeper in his heyday ("Believe me... when the market catches up, you'll be glad you kept this in a collectible state"), but you eventually manage to extract yourself from the retirement home. The sun is still out, but the sky is starting to turn bluish-grey as it gets closer to setting. The bus ride out of Southside, and towards the center of downtown, where Freedom Hall stands, takes you through some sketchier neighborhoods where the houses are more dilapidated, and it seems there's a pawn shop, a liquor store, or a bail bond provider on each block, if not more than one.

At Freedom Hall, Cynthia, the robotic receptionist, greets you cheerfully, and makes a show of checking your Claremont IDs manually, even though you're well aware that they were scanned as you entered, and she waves you into the combined museum and trophy room. The scale of the Freedom League's operations means the items contained here are just a mere sample of their adventures, laid out in an IKEA-like twisting labyrinth that starts with Liberty League, and wends its way through history. It doesn't look crowded, with a handful of tourists browsing the displays.
OOC wrote:Sorry... I don't have the time to do a nice description at the moment. :-/ Feel free to describe how you want to go about looking up the information you want. Usually rules of improv, I'll do my best to due 'Yes, and...' instead of telling you 'No'.
Camus

Skølldir

Post by Camus »

Olev rolls into the main hall and assess the situation. "I will take us forever if we approach this as a group. This place is too big, they will kick us out before the time we are done." he says. "I also think she will not be in the main villain section, as she was a rather obscure figure. Perhaps searching for a hero that dealt with drug related crimes..." he mutters, more to himself than to the others. "I wonder if this place has an index..." he continues, as he rolls in no particular direction, as he searches for a clerk to ask just that.

OOC: Olev will want to know if he can access any database to search for Hazel Court more effectively.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Tough Stuff
----------

"Well... If we're splitting up, I get to go with Josh this time!"
The girl promptly states, rushing over to said boy. "Come on! Let's go check something out. This place has loads of stuff!"
Oof Camus, you're trying to make things harder for our poor GM? Haha!
------------
EpicEclipse

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by EpicEclipse »

MAVERICK (Joshua Crowe)
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy

"Yeah, splitting up makes sense to cover more ground in this place." Considering what they already knew, it was possible they might be able to connect a few dots here. He glances at Cindy as she effectively 'calls dibs' and just smiles lightly before looking across to how other classmates. "Mr. Nisbet had mentioned she was a supplier and fence as well. How about Cindy and I go look into such operations that have been busted in Southside during that time period while you, Olev and Irene, check out the drug angle?"

Finding himself wishing this were a library rather than a museum since the former would have a catalog of books. For now, finding a map or an employee that could point them in the right direction was going to be the way to go. If they could find a section dedicated to heroics in Southside, it would probably be a good place to start while Olev and Irene looked more directly into heroes.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 1; Condition: Giantess

Irene couldn't help but chuckle bemusedly at Cins actions but she gave her pintsized sister in arms a thumbs up and a go get him smile as she did.
Olev and Irene, check out the drug angle?"
"Sure thing." she acknowledged and then turned and made her way alongside Olev to one of the museums interactive kiosks where she figured the tech genius would be able to do his thing in short order.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories