Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice OOC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
McGuffin

Re: Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice OOC

Post by McGuffin »

endwaar wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:07 pm It figures I'd introduce one of the few surviving members of the local police from nearby Gotham only to have him unceremoniously killed off before he gets more than a few words out.

Oh well.

EDIT: Let me know if I'm not letting you guys do enough. I feel like I might be rushing a tad, and I don't want to do that deliberately.
No worries, I'm at least personally still finding my pacing with a new group of players and all so no rush.

Do Inquisitor and Grace get a surprise round and should we throw initiatives out there? With the badguy declaring he's with the Regime, all Tobey's plans are about to fly out the window in exchange for a double helping of magical energy to the face.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

If you want to attack him immediately, then yes, Grace and Inquisitor would gain a surprise round on Blast Master - though I don't know if Grace is in her hero outfit yet, so her face might still be bare, as it were.

And yeah, if you guys want to toss initiative, then now is as good a time as the next post to do so.

EDIT: And Blast Master is about fifty feet from Vee.
Awaken

Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice OOC IC
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

endwaar wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:48 am If you want to attack him immediately, then yes, Grace and Inquisitor would gain a surprise round on Blast Master - though I don't know if Grace is in her hero outfit yet, so her face might still be bare, as it were.

And yeah, if you guys want to toss initiative, then now is as good a time as the next post to do so.

EDIT: And Blast Master is about fifty feet from Vee.
Cool, with a i think it's DC15 athletics check, which she can make by rolling better than 1, she can cover that distance.
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

Sounds good. I mean, part of that distance is upwards, at least - she'd need to climb up the (stopped) truck, too.
Awaken

EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

endwaar wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:29 pm Sounds good. I mean, part of that distance is upwards, at least - she'd need to climb up the (stopped) truck, too.
As you shall see when you see my IC post, I think the climbing is quite optional. ^-^

In any case, she's going after the truck with the three soldiers in it because they are an immediate threat to the cops, so there's that too.
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

Oh! In case it wasn't clear - the truck that the Blast Master is standing on is the same one that has the troops in it.
Awaken

endwaar

Post by endwaar »

Also, remember that Grace and Inquisitor get a surprise round, 'cause no one's noticed them walking up.
Awaken

EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

endwaar wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:04 pm Also, remember that Grace and Inquisitor get a surprise round, 'cause no one's noticed them walking up.
yup, my surprise round was bodying the truck with a charge action, since we only get a standard and free actions (also can change standard for move as normal).
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

Aha! Gotcha, and since pathfinder got their action in, that means everyone can put their first round actions in. I'll say this, though: the initiative order looks like follows at the moment.

Initiative Order
Grace 23
Regime Gunners (Surprised) 22
Inquisitor 16
Police 6
Blast Master (Surprised) 6
Prestige 4
Green Lantern 3
Last edited by endwaar on Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Awaken

pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Is Blast Master prone from falling off the truck, or did he tumble off and land standing?
Bill from Accounting

Post by Bill from Accounting »

Initiative: 1D20+1 = [2]+1 = 3

Man, I couldn't even beat Prestige.
It figures I'd introduce one of the few surviving members of the local police from nearby Gotham only to have him unceremoniously killed off before he gets more than a few words out.
Is this obvious to our characters? I was thinking of having GL try to help the man with a medical scan and putting pressure on any injuries with the Ring, but if he is undeniably, mincemeat dead than I'll focus elsewhere. Also, are the Regime Gunners considered Minions?
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Totally could have added a strength check. With 14 strength I am pretty confident she would have passed though easy enough. :)
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

pathfinderq1 wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:12 am Is Blast Master prone from falling off the truck, or did he tumble off and land standing?
He is, in fact, prone.
Bill from Accounting wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:13 am Initiative: 1D20+1 = [2]+1 = 3

Man, I couldn't even beat Prestige.
It figures I'd introduce one of the few surviving members of the local police from nearby Gotham only to have him unceremoniously killed off before he gets more than a few words out.
Is this obvious to our characters? I was thinking of having GL try to help the man with a medical scan and putting pressure on any injuries with the Ring, but if he is undeniably, mincemeat dead than I'll focus elsewhere. Also, are the Regime Gunners considered Minions?
Cripes. That's an unlucky roll. >_>

And it's probably not immediately obvious to your characters, unless you get closer or have your ring scan it, alas.

EDIT: Yes, the Regime Gunners are minions - did I miss something about them?
Awaken

pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Okay, so I am at work- I can post, but I don't have access to a dice roller. In the interest of moving things along, I'll have Miranda Ready an action, to Aid Inquisitor if she goes after Blast Master. This will let the GM post for the Regime trooper and then move to Inquisitor, since she is up next. If my Aid action works (I'll roll as soon as I get home, but it would fail on a natural 1 only, since I only need a 10 to succeed), then Inquisitor would get a +% bonus to attack Blast Master (on top of the +5 for him being prone).

I SO cannot wait for us to be a team, so we have commlinks and coordinate better (it will also help if we, you know, actually know one another).

I'll post the IC bits shortly.
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

I've rolled stealth for you, and you succeeded, pathfinder. Just so you can get closer without anyone noticing. :)
Awaken