Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

Post by Flynnarrel »

There are many awesome uses for trick. One apropos to this situation might be that if Halcyon stood at the edge of the boat and goaded/tricked Blue into over-commiting to the swing with a miss indicating a chance to go over the side of the boat.
"Something pithy this way comes."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Hmm fair enough ill adjust to that trick then if Jabs ok with it.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

catsi563 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:44 pm Hmm fair enough ill adjust to that trick then if Jabs ok with it.
Yeah, I suppose.

Please don't do REALLY complicated, rules-questionable battle maneuvers in the future, though. I'm really way too new at GMing and the rules in general to handle that kind of stuff. It just gets really frustrating for me, as the rulebook isn't the most well laid-out.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

I completely missed Bull Shark's attack until I went to put up this post. Sorry about that.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Alrighty- I was going to get to this part once enough of the robots were dead, but I figured now's a good time, as Dr. Mercury's fight might end at any point, too. The robots are about to explode, and now you have to deal with THAT! Slyce has to save from damage, and the others have to formulate some kind of plan to prevent explosions :).
Ken

Post by Ken »

Jab, from your point of view how does lifting strength affect throwing distance?
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Hey all, heads up, I'm leaving this Sunday on a 15-day Hawaiian cruise. My internet connection or time for PbP, even one as awesome as this, will be limited or non-existent. Feel free to autopilot Semilla to have her follow along or invoke her 'She has a test' clause and she'll rejoin the others later.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

At the rate I've been going, you'd miss like one turn of combat, lol, but I can "ghost" her until you get back :).
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:00 pm At the rate I've been going, you'd miss like one turn of combat, lol, but I can "ghost" her until you get back :).
LOL.

It's funny cuz it's true
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Ken wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:57 pm Jab, from your point of view how does lifting strength affect throwing distance?
To add to this question, is there any open water in sight that we can hurl/launch these guys that wouldn't put civilians at risk?
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ken wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:57 pm Jab, from your point of view how does lifting strength affect throwing distance?
The book contains some math for that, though I believe it's fairly excessive. We can still use that, though.

There is TONS of water nearby, being the harbor. I mean, you don't know how BIG the explosions will be, but there aren't any people in the water on the one side where you're fighting.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:52 am
The book contains some math for that, though I believe it's fairly excessive. We can still use that, though.
Strength Rank - Weight Rank = Throwing Distance Rank.

I was unclear in my question. Hercule has 4 ranks of Strength that are lifting only (or Power Lifting). That means his strength for lifting is 14, while his strength for punching is 10. Throwing does involve lifting normally, and the book doesn't particularly say how "lifting only" affects the throwing equation.

While using the above equation, and assuming the robots each way more than 200 lbs, but less than 400 lbs. (3 ranks), that means the equation, for Adrien is either:

10 - 3 = rank 7 distance [1/2 mile] (Power Lifting strength doesn't apply)

or

14 - 3 = rank 11 distance [8 miles] (Power Lifting strength does apply)

OR

13 - 3 = rank 10 distance [4 miles] (Power Lifting strength applies to only the lifting, but that leaves the 10 unlimited ranks free)

I'd like to know which interpretation you want us to use. It's your game.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Might also want to check if grabbing and throwing is one round action or two. The rules are unclear.

Assuming the robots resist being picked up it would be a Grab action to get hands on them. But we don't know if it's a Move action to throw (Since you aren't particularly aiming), or if it takes a whole other standard action to lob them.
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

Helix could grab one and fly him away from the boat, if it would help.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

the usual take is that as long as the object/person is below your lifting weight and is not actively resisting then grab/lift/throw is all one standard action basically. I remember it from second edition but not sure they ever changed or clarified for third so most people simply default to that.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories