Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Jabroniville

Re: Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

Post by Jabroniville »

Remember everyone, you can all still roll for this next round on the boat. Unless it's not just me being lazy and stalling sometimes :).
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Who's boat turn?
"Something pithy this way comes."
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:15 am Who's boat turn?
Here ya go:
It's Silver Witch, Hercule & Helix's turn, now. Halcyon's attack goes off at this time.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Helix, should be up. I posted approximately 90 minutes ago.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

I have posted. Hope that I haven't held us up.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

and I don't believe Dr Mercuries with us right now if I read jabs post correctly
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

I think we're in different places, yeah. There are two Blue Sharks running around the city. At minimum!
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Hawk wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:33 am I have posted. Hope that I haven't held us up.
Yeah, don't worry- I will probably cost more people's time with the delays than anything else. I dunno why, but I only check this every other day now, possibly due to the aforementioned energy-drain of work.

I will call it Blue Shark-Bot on the boat to prevent confusion- yes, Dr. Mercury is doing a Solo Play mission just outside the team's HQ, while the rest of you are far away. I wouldn't normally do that, but I feel guilty for keeping Rain out of the game for like THREE MONTHS because I was all "yeah, sure, build your gill-pills in your lab while the others investigate", not realizing that delays and an extended fight would basically trap her away from meaningful play for ages. Though I DID confess at the beginning that I'm a new GM, a mistake like that shouldn't have happened. So Dr. M gets some solo fun against LEGITIMATE Agents and not temporary-threat robots :).
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

I think you might have got Shield's attack roll and the toughness DC mixed up.
Shield's to hit was 26, toughness save was DC22, so I think the robot avoided taking damage with that 24.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Oh, my bad. I'll switch it up :).
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Okay, so I think I'm back in business thanks to work giving me two days off in a row. Hercule needs to take a DC 25 Toughness Check (I missed giving Ken the save DC, so I'm not surprised he missed it). Catsi has the Initiative Order wrong, so Halcyon still has to wait a bit (after this first batch of guys goes). Sunfish-Bot has exploded, leaving only six baddies left (and most of the others have taken a lot of damage). Slyce's turn now!
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Actually Jab that misses Halcyon by a mile but due to trick rules that hits her target which is barracuda. So Barracuda needs a toughness save at Blues damage rank

If Blue had actually hit then halcyon would've needed a toughness save
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

I was rolling the attack for Blue on Barracuda there. I don't think hits go through automatically, do they?
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

With Trick the attacker still rolls to hit. If they miss then some situational effect happens to the missing attacker. If the tricker has the Redirect advantage they can make the attacker roll an attack (same bonuses) against an ally in range.

Does Halcyon have Redirect?
"Something pithy this way comes."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Nope she doesn't but Id argue that she doesn't necessarily need it since the intent is to have the trick go off as a full round action not as a reaction

Have to rethink the trick effect then the point was to put Blue and or Barracuda into a bad spot which at least Blue is at this time if it doesn't work

Catsi stories