Re: Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

Post by Flynnarrel »

Gratz on both job and aging.
"Something pithy this way comes."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

psi don't forger Silvers autograph ;)
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

I feel bad for letting this hang for so long, but I wasn't sure how I wanted to deal with the interrogation just yet, and I got into that dreaded loop of "Oh no I've kept everyone waiting/I feel guilty so that's making me stall more/I dunno what to do/oh darn they're waiting EVEN MORE" and now it's been almost a month since I posted. I also got into another hobby (watching pro wrestling from Japan, lol), taking up a LOT of my time, in addition to my own build thread. So I'm sorry about letting it sit for so long. Part of me hopes for more team interactions when I bail like that, but I can't let y'all shoulder the entire thing.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Meh wouldn't sweat it too much, Interrogations only needed story wise if theres actual information they have that the team needs, if they don't or if any information is generic then its mostly just a chance for roleplay as much as anything
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

OOC: Um, are you saying she's worked for Athena, too? That's new information to me. I'm confused)
it was in her background basically her ""second appearance"" where she met Athena in her teams hq and delivered a package of some sort for her. She didn't stick around long and Athena didn't volunteer information leaving the package in question for our gm to play with and the nature of their relationship. employee and employed? convenient allies? so on and so forth.

Catsi stories
Ken

Post by Ken »

Thirty-four years, eight months, two weeks, and three days old. Not that Mega-Woman would know that.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Can we assume our characters would know everything about the bad guys that's covered in the character thread? Their real names, stuff like that?
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:04 am Can we assume our characters would know everything about the bad guys that's covered in the character thread? Their real names, stuff like that?
Oh yeah, Neville has that info, as would the cops.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Quick heads up for everyone Dorians hitting cat 4 and is on track to basically bullseye right over where I live or possibly a bit south either way its looking like Saturday to Monday im gonna take dad and hole up in a hotel in Orlando, it has wifi and we have his laptop but I thought id give warning in case I might be a bit slow in responding.

Hope to be home and hope homes still here come tuesday

Catsi stories
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

Stay safe.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Stay safe, Catsi.

Sorry about the delay I’ve been on the road for a wedding and now I’m at the Odinthorpe’s. I’ll be back in pocket this weekend.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Thanks guys im home safe now try t get back to routine now

Catsi stories
Ken

Post by Ken »

Beuller... Beuller...
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

I've been busy and haven't had the energy, sorry. I don't like disappointing people, but I sometimes just don't feel like it and can't think of anything.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Ah Roger.
He had light based powers which allowed him to fly around and blast opponents from a distance, but was shy around the public.
So the newspapers tried to call him Nova, but you know, that name was already in use. So some enterprising soul just figured they'd lie about an interview and call him "Novia", since it was only a slightly different spelling.

This led to an extreme amount of ridicule as Novia is "Girlfriend" in Spanish.
You can imagine the number of jokes and memes that this created.

Eventually he made an official statement that he wasn't Novia, but since he didn't offer what his name actually was this simply resulted in people coming up with rather stereotypical names based off his Syilx heritage. After suffering through the many (MANY) terrible suggestions he finally just asked to be called Roger to avoid having to deal with it anymore.

Really nice guy, solid and dependable, but don't ask him to talk to the public he wilts like a flower ;~)