For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Arkrite

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by Arkrite »

The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)
HP: 2 Condition: Normal

Harry nods, "Let me introduce the Victory League."

"Mustang, Semilla, Flyby, La Petit Hercule, and Silver Witch,"
He says waving a hand to each, as pointing would be rude, "There are a few more people on the team, but they're not here right now."

"I'd watch out, though, you hang around us long enough you'll probably get a job offer from our benefactor." He chuckles, and give Helix a good-natured clap on the shoulder.

Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:43 pm"Oh, eyewitness accounts had them with some shell-shaped magic detection device. But no one has said they have an artificer in their group, just one or two really inventive scientists. Where might they have gotten such a thing in this city?" She looks then to Shield. "Is this worth looking in to?" She almost adds 'Boss' but edits herself.
"Before I tell you what I think, I'd like to ask you a question," Harry says, "If it was your choice, if you were in charge: what would your approach be?"

He could offer answers, but sometimes it was better to get the younger heroes thinking for themselves. Honestly Semilla seemed like a nice kid with a good head on her shoulders, but just lacking a little confidence.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Semilla looks to one side and the other making sure that Shield was asking her to answer. "Uhmmm... I guess if... it's a break in their pattern we should figure out why. But I wouldn't know where to start." she adds that last softly.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Harry nods.

"I agree, it's always a good idea to investigate when the opportunity provides itself," He smiles, "But I will say it's possible we just stumbled across a completely unrelated to our current investigation. It never hurts to be open minded, but it's important to not get fixated."

"But I'm going to admit I'm not a big expert on the magical side of things. Times like this it never hurts to ask somebody trustworthy who's more in touch with the local area,"
He smiles and looks up at Mega-Woman, "I don't suppose you'd know anybody we could talk to in regards to the magic scene in the city?"
Ken

Post by Ken »

le Petit Hercule
Hawk wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:01 pm "Greetings, Helix," Hercule turned to the other newcomer, "for l'assistance timely, merci beaucoups."

" I'm glad that I was able to help, you're welcome." Helix extends his hand for a fist bump.

Harry nods, "Let me introduce the Victory League."

"Mustang, Semilla, Flyby, La Petit Hercule,"
As his codename is mentioned, Adrien gives the other half of the fistbump, careful not to not use much force.
Arkrite wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:02 am "...and Silver Witch," He says waving a hand to each, as pointing would be rude, "There are a few more people on the team, but they're not here right now."

"I'd watch out, though, you hang around us long enough you'll probably get a job offer from our benefactor." He chuckles, and give Helix a good-natured clap on the shoulder.
([Would that be a bad thing?])O0o Adien wondered.
"Oh, eyewitness accounts had them with some shell-shaped magic detection device. But no one has said they have an artificer in their group, just one or two really inventive scientists. Where might they have gotten such a thing in this city?" She looks then to Shield. "Is this worth looking in to?" She almost adds 'Boss' but edits herself.

"Before I tell you what I think, I'd like to ask you a question," Harry says, "If it was your choice, if you were in charge: what would your approach be?"

He could offer answers, but sometimes it was better to get the younger heroes thinking for themselves. Honestly Semilla seemed like a nice kid with a good head on her shoulders, but just lacking a little confidence.

Semilla looks to one side and the other making sure that Shield was asking her to answer. "Uhmmm... I guess if... it's a break in their pattern we should figure out why. But I wouldn't know where to start." she adds that last softly.

Harry nods.

"I agree, it's always a good idea to investigate when the opportunity provides itself," He smiles, "But I will say it's possible we just stumbled across a completely unrelated to our current investigation. It never hurts to be open minded, but it's important to not get fixated."

"But I'm going to admit I'm not a big expert on the magical side of things. Times like this it never hurts to ask somebody trustworthy who's more in touch with the local area,"
He smiles and looks up at Mega-Woman, "I don't suppose you'd know anybody we could talk to in regards to the magic scene in the city?"
"Il a la puanteur d'une mauvaise direction*," Adrien says quietly to himself, not wanting to interrupt, but still giving voice to his thoughts.
*It has the stink of a misdirect.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

SLYCE

HP: 1; Condition: Fatigued
catsi563 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:07 pm Halcyon

"Think hes been neutered yet?" she flexed the clawed gloves causing razor sharp metal so slide into view 'Or should we go right to declawing?"
Slyce moved past her closely and whispered to her, "Dang, girl, I wanted to be bad cop this time. Just remember, nothing too Budapest-y, we got Big Red up there."

He then whipped around, sheathed his claws and moved back over to Dogfish. "Look, man, I get it. We've all been played before. Sending you with a bunch of robots? That's cold, man. Why don't you give us some info on your boss and we can get a little payback for you. Whatcha say?"
Persuasion check: 1d20+1 4

LOL, Catsi, bail us out! :shock:
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Halcyon
HP: 1; Condition: Foxy lady

Rena smiled behind the fox mask at Xavions sincere but some what clumsy attempt to talk to Dogfish. When he was done she patted him on the head gently then leaned down close to Dogfish who could only see the smiling fox mask and its glowing red eyes underneath the darkened hood.

She then proceeded to whisper to him of the plethora of utterly nightmare inducing tortures she was fully and willingly capable of inflicting on him all told to him in a tone of voice that suggested she was basically as soulless as an automaton and quite possibly clinically insane at the same time.

Halcyon will use deception to trick Dogboy into singing like a canary Roll(1d20)+14: 20,+14 Total:34 :shock: :shock: :shock:

Welp that happened inspiration for the scene at 4:00
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:08 am Doctor Mercury
HP: 2
Condition: -2 toughness, regen in one round, Dodge and Parry +7

"Now, Miss... Shark, I'm sorry but your real name escapes me at the moment, I hope that this little scuffle has convinced you of my abilities. I'm going to leave my card with you, and when you break out of jail, or get released by corrupt officials, or whatever it is you do, I hope you'll call me when you're ready to have a qualified doctor take a look at you."

Makiko takes a step forward and punches Blue Shark again. No real technique, no artistry, just raw speed.
2-point All-Out Attack on Blue Shark again!: 1d20+11 21 DC 24 toughness save.
OOPS, totally forgot to do this one, lol.

Blue Shark is done- a final, bit punch gets square into her face. She stops dead, stares right at you with a confused look on her face, and appears to be ready to attack again... but instead just stumbles forward and collapses right into you. She's out cold. Might be best to let the rest of the team know.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

catsi563 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:28 am Halcyon
HP: 1; Condition: Foxy lady

Rena smiled behind the fox mask at Xavions sincere but some what clumsy attempt to talk to Dogfish. When he was done she patted him on the head gently then leaned down close to Dogfish who could only see the smiling fox mask and its glowing red eyes underneath the darkened hood.

She then proceeded to whisper to him of the plethora of utterly nightmare inducing tortures she was fully and willingly capable of inflicting on him all told to him in a tone of voice that suggested she was basically as soulless as an automaton and quite possibly clinically insane at the same time.

Halcyon will use deception to trick Dogboy into singing like a canary Roll(1d20)+14: 20,+14 Total:34 :shock: :shock: :shock:

Welp that happened inspiration for the scene at 4:00
Dogfish's eyes go wide and he howls in terror. "AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! No! Don't do it! I'll tell you everything I know! Even though they didn't tell me anything! I think!" He pleads and begs, but he'll answer anything you ask.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

MEGA-WOMAN:

The super-heroine furrows her brow and crosses her arms slightly. This is uncomfortable territory. "Magic devices are far outside of this team's wheelhouse, I agree. But as for magical experts... it's slim pickings. My teammate, the Emerald Witch, is one of the only experts I know, but her people skills are... let's just say she's not tight-knit with the magical community. There aren't even that many Magical super-heroes left after the Mr. Magi... incident." She trails off- it was a huge tragedy. The most powerful magical hero on Earth, ripped apart by forces he couldn't control, leading to an otherdimensional invasion that killed thousands. The Legion of Light and others manged to save the day, but at a terrible cost. Years ago, the wounds are raw.

"There are a handful of investigators, experts, would-be pros, and charlatans active around Mega-City." She answers confidently. I can at least give you some numbers, and HOPEFULLY my teammate can provide some assistance" she appears unconvinced this is possible.

At this point, however, reporters have started to arrive at the dock, being barely held back by the police who were trying to evacuate. They've spotted Mega-Woman, and are already clamoring for photos and interviews.

"Oh, brother..." the heroine says, "Looks like they've arrived. I'd hate to steal your thunder here, since this appears to be your investigation- last thing you need is a Legion member stepping on toes. If there's anything you need, please let me know- I can put you in contact with my teammate or someone else in town. Looks like the police already have a prisoner. Hopefully you can scrounge up more of these Agents- they'll probably give you the BEST information." She appears eager to leave, but willing to help.
Ken

Post by Ken »

le Petit Hercule
Jabroniville wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:17 amAt this point, however, reporters have started to arrive at the dock, being barely held back by the police who were trying to evacuate. They've spotted Mega-Woman, and are already clamoring for photos and interviews.

"Oh, brother..." the heroine (Mega Woman) says, "Looks like they've arrived. I'd hate to steal your thunder here, since this appears to be your investigation- last thing you need is a Legion member stepping on toes. If there's anything you need, please let me know- I can put you in contact with my teammate or someone else in town. Looks like the police already have a prisoner. Hopefully you can scrounge up more of these Agents- they'll probably give you the BEST information." She appears eager to leave, but willing to help.
Hercule turns to the Shield, and due to wanting to speak quickly he speaks in French "<We don't have time for this. This was a trap or at least a distraction. These robots could have come at any time, since the robbery, but they show up right after we get here. And these robots were expendable, clearly,>" he gestured towards the bay where the explosions had been. "<I think there's something else going on,>" he switches, finally to English, "right now!"

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Harry reaches into his jacket and pulls out a business card, passing it to Mega-Woman, "This is probably the easiest way to reach me. My identity is public."

Harry watched the incoming reporters and considered asking Mega-Woman to take him with him. If there was one thing he'd learned to dislike it was the buzzards who appeared after these situations, always trying to get a bite now that the danger and work was over.

When Hercule approached him he brought his attention back to the present, and nodded.

"I think you're right," Harry nodded, reaching up and touching his ear to indicate he was talking on the comms, but speaking up so that Helix and Mega-Woman could hear, "Hercule says that this is probably a distraction, expendable troops designed to make a ruckus and draw attention."

"Fliers, we should probably get eyes on the local waterline just in case. Call in anything strange and where you are before you investigate anything, please. We can't help if we don't know where you are,"
He says, "Home base, can you hear me? We're probably wanting to check for alarms or police calls near the coast or... out to sea."

Harry trails off a little as he looks out sea, then back to the others, "Thoughts?"
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Doctor Mercury
HP: 2
Jabroniville wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:23 am Blue Shark is done- a final, bit punch gets square into her face. She stops dead, stares right at you with a confused look on her face, and appears to be ready to attack again... but instead just stumbles forward and collapses right into you. She's out cold. Might be best to let the rest of the team know.
Doctor Mercury takes a business card out of her pocket and tucks it under Blue Shark's glove. Then she gingerly nudges the defeated woman off of her chest, so that she falls onto the street, and activates her communicator.

"Hubert, the Blue Shark and the Mako have been dealt with. I'm here with, I assume, Manta Ray, and... he seems fine?"

Doctor Mercury looks at Manta Ray. "He seems fine."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Semilla

"Uh.... this would typically be the part of the film where the bad guys would have raided the heroes's base to capture the ONE member they left behind..."
Semilla offers timidly. "Or maybe I watch too much trite movies?" She shrugs.

"Someone could call Dr. Mercury, I..." she pats her barked-over sides "...can't get to my cellphone and I'm not sure the comms have that far a range."
"Something pithy this way comes."
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

HELIX

"I don't mind keeping an eye out for anything happening, but I am not in possession of any comm device to advise you on whatever I find, but I am still willing to help however you need me to." Helix relays to the team.
Ken

Post by Ken »

le Petit Hercule
Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:46 am"Someone could call Dr. Mercury, I..." Semilla pats her barked-over sides "...can't get to my cellphone and I'm not sure the comms have that far a range."
Hawk wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:29 am"I don't mind keeping an eye out for anything happening, but I am not in possession of any comm device to advise you on whatever I find, but I am still willing to help however you need me to," Helix relays to the team.
"Ils n'ont pas la gamme si vous n'essayez pas, Hercule says with some snark in his voice. "She's just across town at Humayne. I'll ask her to be talking to Monsieur M. about getting lui," he gestures to Helix, "un comm."

He activates his own comm, "Hercule au Docteur M. Hercule to Doctor M. How are those underwater breathing pills making?"

They cannot have the range if you don't try.

...getting him a comm.