Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Arkrite

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by Arkrite »

The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)
HP: 2 Condition: Normal

Harry nods, "I agree. We should see if we can be involved in the interrogations. I'm not sure we'll learn more than the cops, but it can't hurt to try."
Flynnarrel wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:42 pm "I can help with their recovery..., but I'm really not well suited for interrogation." she pales a little at the thought.
"That's the fun part of being a team, we can always lean on the teammates who are good at these thing," Harry notes, "Sometimes it's just fun to sit on the other side of the one way mirror and watch them work. Good learning experience too."
Psistrike wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:24 pm Now in the middle of a meeting, she finally snaps out of her daze and realizes with horror what she forgot to do. "I didn't ask for her autograph!"
Harry covers his mouth with a coffee cup to politely hide the fact that he's chuckling to himself.
Hawk wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:00 pm "I go by James when I am not in uniform. I prefer to let my private life be separate from my costumed identity. If you don't mind telling me, what names do all of you go by when you are not dressed for combat, and what powers do you have? I ask because it would help me to know what options the group brings to the battlefield.
"I go by Harry or The Shield, my identity is public knowledge," Harrys say to Helix, "As far as powers go I'm what we used to call a brick. I'm stronger and tougher than a normal human, and my shield is indestructible. Besides that I don't really bring any interesting powers to the table. Mustang is honestly stronger and tougher than I am."

He looks over at Rosa and asks quietly, "Do you still call them bricks?"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Rosa

Rosa looks aghast at the notion of watching prisoners get 'interrogated'. Maybe she's watched too many movies to have a realistic idea of it?

She half shrugs at the question. "I think 'Bricks' or 'Bruisers', sometimes 'Brutes' or 'Blunts' if we're being not nice." she stage-whispers that last part.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Ken

Post by Ken »

le Petit Hercule

Hercule pulled up off his full-face hood. "I am called Adrien Valette when I am wearing this not," he explained, holding up the hood. "I too keep my personal life and hero life separate. As 'le Petit Hercule' or 'Little Hercules' I am very, very strong. I am also difficult to injure, I run fast, and I jump long.

"Also, French, not English, is my first language. I, in advance, apologise, if my difficulty with English causes you problems." He started putting his hood back on. "And we are still getting used to one anothers' abilities and options combat."
Last edited by Ken on Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

HELIX
Ken wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:55 pm le Petit Hercule

Hercule pulled up off his full-face hood. "I am called Adrien Valette when I am wearing this not," he explained, holding up the hood. "I too keep my personal life and hero life separate. As 'le Petit Hercule' or 'Little Hercules' I am very, very strong. I am also difficult to injure, I run fast, and I jump long.

"[color]Also, French, not English, is my first language. I, in advance, apologise, if my difficulty with English causes you problems.[/color]" He started putting his hood back on. "[color]And we are still getting used to one another's abilities and options combat.[/color]"
Adrien, no worries. Maybe you could help me learn your language.I am also fluent in the Apache language of my people, but it would be cool to learn another one."
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Psistrike wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:24 pm Silver Witch

Ariana had been in a daze since Mega-Woman talked to her. One of the living legends, a superheroine whose deeds most couldn't come close to equaling, had acknowledged her. She couldn't believe it, she didn't think it would happen until years from now and a lot more experience with her team. Even getting back on the jet to head back to headquarters, she was still thinking about what to ask her, what to do. Now in the middle of a meeting, she finally snaps out of her daze and realizes with horror what she forgot to do. "I didn't ask for her autograph!"
"I'msorrywhat?" Maynard says, startled. "Oh, you mean MEGA-WOMAN! Oh yeah, THAT was cool, wasn't it? I've been rescued her a, ah, couple of times. I think every rich person in Mega-City has. I may have asked for her autograph... once or twice. I don't know" he quickly changes the subject. "SO! Helix! We, uh, don't have too much on you in our database, but with some missing bodies, I think it's a good idea to have you around" he looks at The Shield for some sort of nod in agreement, in a "is this an okay idea?" thing.

He quickly receives a notification that the police are now ready to begin questioning the conscious super-villains. "Any final questions? We should be on our way to the precinct now".
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Harry gives Maynard a firm nod, but doesn't go into details at the moment. There would be time for that later.

"If you don't have any questions this is the last chance to gear up, or make a pit stop," Harry says to the team.

Maybe it was just him, but he always found it a little embarrassing to ask somebody where the facilities were when in hero garb.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Doctor Mercury
HP: 2

"I have no objections," Makiko says. "I have no interest in the magical sharkman, however. I leave him to the rest of you."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Rosa didn't particularly want to visit a precinct or take part in an interrogation. But she was a team player.

She was in her barked form waiting at the transport well before the assembled time to leave.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

HELIX

Helix gathered himself up and got something to drink before departing.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Halcyon
HP: 1; Condition: Spycraft

As the rest of the team made introductions with Helix Halcyon was busy. She sat in chair in Maynards office working away at his computer using her connections to pull up all the legally available information on their prospective new teammate. She was Aware of him of course but his initial scouting report hadn't quite made the cut of Huberts roster requirements, so she hadn't tested him like the others. Now though he was most likely to become part of their team and she would make sure she knew as much about him as possible to insure their safety.

And because its what she did anyways shed get to the less legally available information later.

As she worked she felt something, saw it out of the corner of her eye and her smile turned a bit mysterious. She reached up and without looking back gestured for her visitor to come in which she did floating through the window and landing behind her.

"Id ask why you're here but we both know that would be a waste of time." said the worlds greatest heroine eliciting a casual wave of dismissal from Halcyon as she finished her work before turning and looking up at the tall Blond superheroine. "When I recognized your energy signature nearby It was all I could do not to say anything, I haven't seen you since that thing with Alister Argent, and then your visit with Athena."

A mere shrug and a mysterious grin along with a bit of a chuckle fun times that one.

"So are you sticking around for good or is this temporary?" she asked her directly.

"I haven't decided yet, Harry's here, and Xavion so this promises to be a lot of fun." getting a glare because Mary knew what the woman sitting before hers definition of fun could be.

"These are good people Rena. I don't want them being caught up in your nonsense do you understand me?" the implied threat was there.

"Please I work for Pallas Athena, do you honestly think there's much worse you can do to me?" her voice was bored almost dismissive. leading to an annoyed grunt as she turned to leave "Ill be watching just remember that."

"Oh wait one more thing before you go." Mega Woman turned to her with a questioning look.

--ooOoo--

A few moments later She walked downstairs in her Reynard outfit to the transport to prepare it for their trip to the station to interrogtae the agents theyd captured. As she headed for the cockpit to await the team she left something where Silver Witch could find it and chuckled good naturedly as she began the pre flight checklist.

the Photo of a Smiling Mega Woman with an autograph that read

Silver Witch

always look on the bright side of life. Otherwise it'll be too dark to read.

Shine on

Mega Woman.
the engines warmed up and she waited patiently for the team to show
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

SLYCE

HP: 1; Condition: Fine

"Nice to meet you, Helix or James," Slyce said to the new hero, extending his fist for a bump. "I'm Slyce." He raised his other hand and popped his claws. "This pretty much covers what I do, other than being hard to keep down. And I also bring some sexy to this operation." He said with a wink.

"And you KNOW I want to be in on the interrogations, if nothing else but to keep Halcyon from dragging us into some violation of the Geneva Convention, or worse..."
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

HELIX

Thorpocalypse wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:38 pm SLYCE

HP: 1; Condition: Fine

"Nice to meet you, Helix or James," Slyce said to the new hero, extending his fist for a bump. "I'm Slyce." He raised his other hand and popped his claws. "This pretty much covers what I do, other than being hard to keep down. And I also bring some sexy to this operation." He said with a wink.

"And you KNOW I want to be in on the interrogations, if nothing else but to keep Halcyon from dragging us into some violation of the Geneva Convention, or worse..."
Helix gives Slice' s fist a bump. "Nice to meet you. It looks you can be pretty formidable in a fight."
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Silver Witch

"No time to rest and clean up even good grief. This is why I almost gave up superheroing in the first place, wish the police could just take my statement and not involve me in the interrogations. I suck at them!" Floating along at a leisurely pace, she got to the jet and took her seat long before time to take off.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Harry smiles at Silver Witch's complaint.

Kids had it so nice these days.

He made his way to the restroom to freshen up. After that he found a damp cloth to give his uniform, brodie helmet, shield and boots a quick wipe down.

Being once again as presentable as he could make himself (in less than five minutes or less), he grabbed himself a travel mug of coffee and went to meet the others.
Ken

Post by Ken »

le Petit Hercule

Adrien smiled under his hood at the fact that Helix would be sticking around, and that he seemed to be hitting it off with Xavion.

"On a level pragmatic, unless interrogation rooms are larger than they are on television or in France, I doubt all of us would fit in the room," Hercule said. "I volunteer to be one of those who watches from the side or behind the ... miroir ... fenêtre... uh... window."

He then went down to the jet to find a seat. He decided to forego getting a drink, as his hood would be in the way.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.