Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Jabroniville

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by Jabroniville »

The team finally touches down at the Mega City Police Station- a large, gleaming building that sprawls out across half a city block. Largely five stories tall, with modern, swooping designs and windows colored like brass, the building hosts any number of super-criminals before their final detention elsewhere. A landing pad on the roof, specifically designed for helicopters but built to withstand the VTOL aircraft that super-teams tend to use, rests the team's jet. The Chief of Police, Joe Henderson, meets the team.

"Hm, I hear you newbies were the first on the scene- no injured civilians in the fight. Solid work." he says, not entirely dismissive but also not flowing with praise. "I know of The Shield, but most of you are new to me. While I'm not the biggest fan of letting cape-wearing sorts into the interrogation rooms, I've found you're a bit... above the norm, in terms of dragging confessions out of these sorts of people. It's a bit hard to lean on someone when they can lift a semi-truck, if you catch my meaning." With a shrug, he pawns the team off on his detectives. "I'm not heading this investigation, but I figured I'd make myself known if you're going to be active in this town. This is a crazy enough place that I'm fine with seeing more of your kind of people around, so long as you're here to help.

The team is led past the holding cells, where people in garish costumes argue with their lawyers over the phone. People dressed as Roman Centurions, gymnasts, knights from the future, and more. Finally, one of the detectives leads the team into an area with three rooms, each of which featuring one of their quarry- Blue Shark, Mako, and Dogfish.

"The dog one sang like a canary" he says, smoking a cigarette all the while. "But he doesn't know much about their plan. Told us who was on the team, at least. The other two are being a bit... fight-ier. We usually do interviews simultaneously, going from room to room- it jumbles them up a bit, and we can compare notes later. Whichever of you wants to pair off and talk to them is fine with me. I suggest 2 or 3 in each room, max."

The hero, Manta Ray, has joined you, having prior knowledge of the team. "Who wants Mako, and who wants Blue Shark? It was the Doc who did the most work in taking them out, so she should probably be in on it. I only barely know these people from some past crimes they pulled in the oceanside areas."
Ken

Post by Ken »

le Petit Hercule
Jabroniville wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:59 am Finally, one of the detectives leads the team into an area with three rooms, each of which featuring one of their quarry- Blue Shark, Mako, and Dogfish.

"The dog one sang like a canary" he says, smoking a cigarette all the while. "But he doesn't know much about their plan. Told us who was on the team, at least. The other two are being a bit... fight-ier. We usually do interviews simultaneously, going from room to room- it jumbles them up a bit, and we can compare notes later. Whichever of you wants to pair off and talk to them is fine with me. I suggest 2 or 3 in each room, max."

The hero, Manta Ray, has joined you, having prior knowledge of the team. "Who wants Mako, and who wants Blue Shark? It was the Doc who did the most work in taking them out, so she should probably be in on it. I only barely know these people from some past crimes they pulled in the oceanside areas."
Hercule stepped to the back of the group, as he had no intention of being one of the '2 or 3' in either room. He considered asking about where the rest of the team could view the proceedings, but realised once the volunteers went in, the viewing area would undoubtedly would be presented.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Semilla

"I'm... not sure how much help I'd be inside and interrogation room but being able to see if there are any odd magic things going on and being on hand to heal if things go awry." the tree-girl says directing mostly to The Shield but everyone can hear it.

"If there are observation rooms that I can go from one to the other I think that'd be best." Semilla says, still somewhat uncomfortable with the idea of interrogation.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)
HP: 2 Condition: Normal

Harry considers the team for a moment, trying to get a feel for what they were feeling through body language and what he knew of them so far.

"So divide and conquer," He says nodding, "It looks like the Doctor has some history already, so we should probably give her first choice of perp. I can team with her, I think that Slyce and Reynard would make a good combination for the other interview."

The two were outgoing and seemed to have a relationship in place.

"Semilla and Hercule, if you prefer you can join the observation room and provide us insight and suggestions via the comms," He nodded to the two.

He turned the newest members of the team, "Sorry, I don't know what your comfort level or skill sets are at in this situation. You can join us in the interview rooms or the observation rooms. Just let us know what your preference is."
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

OOC: Okay, so Catsi asked if he could have Halcyon get Mega-Woman's autograph for Silver Witch, and I agreed, but I didn't realize he was going to try to write one of the main characters of the Jabverse, lol. So, uh, that's something typically only I would do. Here's my attempt to re-write things to be more in-character, and to figure out who was saying what (I'm a grammar nazi, okay :P?).
"I'd ask why you're here, but we both know you're not the chatty type" said the worlds greatest heroine eliciting a casual wave of dismissal from Halcyon as she finished her work before turning and looking up at the tall blonde super-heroine. "When I recognized you back on the yacht, it was all I could do not to say anything. I haven't seen you since that thing with Alister Argent, and then your visit with Athena."

A mere shrug and a mysterious grin along with a bit of a chuckle- fun times, that one.

"So are you sticking around for good, or is this temporary?" she asked Halcyon directly.

"I haven't decided yet, Harry's here, and Xavion so this promises to be a lot of fun." getting a glare because Mega-Woman knew what the woman sitting before her's definition of fun could be.

"These seem like good people Rena. I don't want them getting caught up in the kinds of things I know you've gotten up to- some of them are just kids. I don't know how old that short Frenchman was, but that flying girl--"

"Please- I've worked with Pallas Athena, too- do you honestly think there's much worse you can do to me?" her voice was bored almost dismissive. (OOC: Um, are you saying she's worked for Athena, too? That's new information to me. I'm confused)

Mega-Woman responded "I'll be watching- just remember that."

"Oh wait one more thing before you go." Mega Woman turned to her with a questioning look.

--ooOoo--

A few moments later She walked downstairs in her Reynard outfit to the transport to prepare it for their trip to the station to interrogate the agents they'd captured. As she headed for the cockpit to await the team she left something where Silver Witch could find it and chuckled good naturedly as she began the pre flight checklist.

the Photo of a Smiling Mega Woman with an autograph that read

Silver Witch

always look on the bright side of life. Otherwise it'll be too dark to read.

Shine on

Mega Woman.
the engines warmed up and she waited patiently for the team to show
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Silver Witch

Ariana had taken the autographed picture from Halcyon thanking her profusely but left it on the jet when they landed. And once more a choice, this time she is sitting out the interrogation, she just didn't have the stomach for them most of the time. "Observation room for me, first year as a superhero before joining the team gave me my fill of interrogation rooms to last a lifetime."
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Doctor Mercury
HP: 2
Arkrite wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:13 am Harry considers the team for a moment, trying to get a feel for what they were feeling through body language and what he knew of them so far.

"So divide and conquer," He says nodding, "It looks like the Doctor has some history already, so we should probably give her first choice of perp. I can team with her, I think that Slyce and Reynard would make a good combination for the other interview."
"I would be happy to have you with me, Harry," Makiko says. "Do you have any interest in posthuman pharmaceuticals? She may not seem like much, but she's actually a very significant case."

She's at the door leading into the interrogation room with a flash of movement, but she hesitates briefly and looks back at the detective who led them in.

"There's no special procedure I have to go through, is there? I don't have to sign anything. I won't hurt her, of course."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)
HP: 2 Condition: Normal

"I'm afraid my knowledge on that subject is limited to what I've run into while working. More of the rank and file narcotics, or some of common 'power' drugs," Harry admits, "I take it that her powers come from these pharmaceuticals?"

Powers coming from super science drugs was a common enough origin. Common enough that a lot of power seekers often tried it, not remembering that the far more common result was a untimely end.

Of course, he noted with a bemused smile, he was currently teaming up with the exception to that rule.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Especially when the mad doctor started speaking of drugs, Semilla was even more reticent about being part of these 'interrogations'. She made her way to the observation area.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

SLYCE

HP: 1; Condition: Fine

Xavion smiled. Now this is what I know. I'm still learning the hero stuff, but shaking down bad guys? Feels like home.

"You know I'm in for the interrogations, Harry," he said as he cracked his knuckles. "Doesn't matter which one, if there's something to get out of them, we'll get it out. And without breaking any laws..." He looked at Rena. "Right?!?!?!"

"You make the call, Doc, you want us to take Mako or Blue Shark?"
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

HELIX
HP:1

The Apache hero moves to the observation area. "Let's see how the pro's conduct an interrogation."he thinks to himself.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Doctor Mercury

"The Mako is yours, Xavion," Doctor Mercury replies. "He holds no interest for me."
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

SLYCE

HP: 1; Condition: Fine
RainOnTheSun wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:43 pm Doctor Mercury

"The Mako is yours, Xavion," Doctor Mercury replies. "He holds no interest for me."
"Word, Doc," Slyce said with a sly smile. "One about to be REALLY Blue Shark coming up."

He nodded to Halcyon and stode confidently towards the interrogation room.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Halcyon
HP: 1; Condition: Spycraft

When Silver thanked her for the picture Rena had smiled warmly but denied any involvement with it. merely stating a vague good things to good people. Shed smirked when she saw dogfish in the interrogation room and made sure as she passed it that he got a look at the glowing red eyes of her masked face.

Then she watched carefully as the others worked. fading quietly into the background as she did.

When Xavion made his way to talk to Mako she smirked wickedly behind the mask and followed him in where she leaned back against a wall casually. occasionally she flexed the fingers of her gloves causing the claws to unsheathe.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

MAKO:
Mako, his blue and white face showing a mass of sharp teeth, snarls at the heroes and police when they enter. "You bring the costumed types in here, yes? No matter- my masters will break me free soon enough. I changed myself into this- you think I'm afraid of anything?"

BLUE SHARK:
"Hm- you again." Blue Shark snarls at Dr. Mercury. "Back for more? Don't worry- you got lucky last time. Interfering in our business. You and that Manta dope- I didn't think he teamed up with anybody. Jerk'd been trying to mess with our operations for weeks, and we had him dead to rights. And who's THIS?" she sneers towards The Shield.