Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by Flynnarrel »

From the observation area, Semilla looks at any magics surrounding either of the prisoners, analyzing it to the best of her abilities.
[What does she see?]
"Something pithy this way comes."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)
HP: 2 Condition: Normal

Harry smiled at Blue Shark as he sat at the table.

Already they had a good lead: Find this Manta fellow. If they'd already been interfering for a while they'd obviously have some information to share.

"Working name is The Shield, but you can call me Harry if you'd like," He says easily as he looks at the super villain, "You go by Blue Shark, or do you have a preferred title?"

The super types were pretty uptight about what they were called sometimes. He knew a couple of heroes from the great depression who'd gone through extreme efforts to hide their identities, including multiple false identities and hypnotic suggestions to mask their appearance. He also knew a street level hero in Vancouver who went by Roger after the news paper christened him with quite possibly the worst super heroic name in existence.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Inside the viewing area, le Petit Hercule commented quietly, in his native tongue and to no one in particular, "<Spielberg would just call him Bruce.>"
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

SLYCE

HP: 1; Condition: Fine

Hearing Mako talk about getting broken out, Slyce hit his commlink. “Herc, Witchy, and the rest of you in observation, stay alert. Mako may not be bluffing. We could have some more fishy friends show up at any time.”

Before he got to the interrogation room, Slyce picked up a pitcher of ice water and a couple of cups. After that he walked confidently into the interrogation room with Mako and eased into a seat on the other side of the desk where the man-shark was sitting. He poured a cup of water and sat it on Mako’s side. “What up, Mako? My name’s Slyce. And this nice lady is my associate Halcyon.”

“Thirsty? Drink up, we’re going to be here a while and unless I suck at fish biology more than I thought, I figure you’ll need to keep hydrated. Although…do fish drink water? You could pour it on your gills, I guess. See? Told you I suck at fish biology… ”

“Anyway….” Slyce kicked back in his chair and smiled. “We COULD make this quick, though. I’ll get to the point. Even though I know you won’t answer, you know I gotta ask; what are you fine fish up to and who’s your boss? I await your silence or rambling monologue that doesn’t really say anything but helps you feel bad ass for a bit.”
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Silver Witch

Thinking to herself in frustration: Witchy, I hate that nickname! Just because I liked to play magic-users of one sort or another in our roleplaying games the others called me Witchy back in high school. Did Slyce think of that because of my codename or does he know more about me than he said? Back to the matter at hand. "Guys, we should probably reinforce the police department's defenses now just in case Slyce is right. No telling what a group of supervillains that size attacking here could do."
Ken

Post by Ken »

le Petit Hercule

Upon hearing Slyce's and Silver Witch's comments, Hercule turned to a police officer in the viewing area, "Is there access to the roof? For the system of climatisation and the like." He activated his commlink, "I go to the roof and watch for trouble, non? Stand guard." The word 'guard' sounded like the second word in 'en garde'. "Les fenêtres are too high for me to see much here, anyway."

(If the answer to his question about roof access is 'yes', he'll get directions and head up to the roof.)

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Semilla makes sure to get a careful look at both prisoners from an observation area to spot and magical auras on the prisoners and determine what type.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Flynnarrel wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:10 pm From the observation area, Semilla looks at any magics surrounding either of the prisoners, analyzing it to the best of her abilities.
[What does she see?]
No Magicks seem apparent on their persons, but there is a faint hint of "they've been around something magical" around the two of them. They don't seem to have USED any, or had it infused within them, but they've been around it.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

BLUE SHARK
Arkrite wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:48 pm The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)

Harry smiled at Blue Shark as he sat at the table.

Already they had a good lead: Find this Manta fellow. If they'd already been interfering for a while they'd obviously have some information to share.

"Working name is The Shield, but you can call me Harry if you'd like," He says easily as he looks at the super villain, "You go by Blue Shark, or do you have a preferred title?"

The super types were pretty uptight about what they were called sometimes. He knew a couple of heroes from the great depression who'd gone through extreme efforts to hide their identities, including multiple false identities and hypnotic suggestions to mask their appearance. He also knew a street level hero in Vancouver who went by Roger after the news paper christened him with quite possibly the worst super heroic name in existence.
"Blue Shark is fine, for you. My days of MMA are long gone." she sneers.
Who's the guy named Roger, lol?
MAKO
Hearing Mako talk about getting broken out, Slyce hit his commlink. “Herc, Witchy, and the rest of you in observation, stay alert. Mako may not be bluffing. We could have some more fishy friends show up at any time.”

Before he got to the interrogation room, Slyce picked up a pitcher of ice water and a couple of cups. After that he walked confidently into the interrogation room with Mako and eased into a seat on the other side of the desk where the man-shark was sitting. He poured a cup of water and sat it on Mako’s side. “What up, Mako? My name’s Slyce. And this nice lady is my associate Halcyon.”

“Thirsty? Drink up, we’re going to be here a while and unless I suck at fish biology more than I thought, I figure you’ll need to keep hydrated. Although…do fish drink water? You could pour it on your gills, I guess. See? Told you I suck at fish biology… ”

“Anyway….” Slyce kicked back in his chair and smiled. “We COULD make this quick, though. I’ll get to the point. Even though I know you won’t answer, you know I gotta ask; what are you fine fish up to and who’s your boss? I await your silence or rambling monologue that doesn’t really say anything but helps you feel bad ass for a bit.”
"I'll live" Mako says. "I won't need any water for HOURS. You'll not find my constitution very delicate".

He continues, "Our goals are simple- make money. I couldn't tell you all the intricacies of our business- I leave that for the deep thinkers. Me, I'm just a..." he smiles, baring an inhumanly-large mouth full of sharp teeth "simple predator". He DOES feel bad-ass right now- Slyce had him pegged, that's for sure.

"I'm sure you've heard tell of those in charge. The name 'Aquarius' is certainly known to most metahuman types. I've barely seen the man, myself. He tells us what to do, and ensures we're well-paid. My kind of system. All we've been instructed to do is steal things- plain and simple".
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ken wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:01 pm le Petit Hercule

Upon hearing Slyce's and Silver Witch's comments, Hercule turned to a police officer in the viewing area, "Is there access to the roof? For the system of climatisation and the like." He activated his commlink, "I go to the roof and watch for trouble, non? Stand guard." The word 'guard' sounded like the second word in 'en garde'. "Les fenêtres are too high for me to see much here, anyway."

(If the answer to his question about roof access is 'yes', he'll get directions and head up to the roof.)
"Roof access is near the helipads" an officer says. "You thinking their buddies will spring them? We've had a hell of a time keeping them in the past. Something about a teleporter or something."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Semilla frowns at all the talk of escaping. She looks around and up; such closed off rooms had to have what she was looking for.

Assuming she spies the vent, Semilla assures her companions in the observation room she'll be on hand and, with a look of slight trepidation and a muttered word of power her body becomes a mass of thin vines. She uses the wall to pull herself up to the vent and passes through the grate unhindered. She'll navigate to where she's roughly equidistant between the two interrogation rooms and elongates both arms to their room's ventilation ducts. She places viney 'hands' at the grates to better feel the small vibrations that might indicate and unseen person moving about. It wouldn't help if the unseen person wasn't touching one of the room's surfaces but it was better than nothing. She would also be on hand to shoot into whatever room needed her the most from her vented vantage point.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:42 am
Ken wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:01 pm le Petit Hercule

"Roof access is near the helipads" an officer says. "You thinking their buddies will spring them? We've had a hell of a time keeping them in the past. Something about a teleporter or something."
"It is as she," he pointed to Silver Witch, "Their buud-deez may try to spring them. I was not aware of ze teleporter, but my buud-deez are nearby if they try zat. I was concerned more of a direct attack." The word "buddies" was not coming easily to Adrien. "Zey could try something different, if zey think you are prepared for zee teleport."

Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)

Harry nods, "So, Blue Shark, things are going a bit rough I take it?"

"A couple robots and,"
Harry pauses, opening the folder in front of him to look for a second, "Dog fish?"

He looks up from the folder to raise an eyebrow at Blue Shark, "Dog fish."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Halcyon
HP: 1; Condition: Spycraft

Rena had been content to remain a quiet presence in the background supporting Slyce. She moved in and out of Makos view and did all the little things she knew to make Mako uncomfortable. Looking over his shoulder, flexing her claws or dragging them over a table. She didn't react to his mention of being broken out, shed adapt as needed, it was what she did, Her focus now was getting Fish breath to talk.

Slyce had this guy pegged, He was an Apex predator, a tough guy. He was top of the food chain and wanted everyone to know it. So she poked at that self assuredness.

"I wonder, how do you feel about being replaced by a bunch of disposable tin cans, and a talking Chiuhaha?"
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Doctor Mercury
HP: 2

Doctor Mercury places a business card on the table in front of the Blue Shark while the Shield talks.

"You didn't call me, so I can only assume that the police confiscated my previous card in the fear that it was some sort of weapon," she whispers. "Never fear, I have plenty, and you may get in touch with me whenever you are ready." She walks back to her side of the table and sits down next to the Shield.