Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Jabroniville

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by Jabroniville »

Ken wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:54 am le Petit Hercule

"Ah, there is something else wrong," Hercule says. He turns to the auction-boss, "Sir, how often do you acution off the items which are, as you say, thought to be magical items? Is there a correlation between when you have these, how you say, 'big ticket items' that may have magic and when the big metahuman robberies occur?" This of course is in a French accent, and most of the 'th' sounds sound more like 'z'.
"I live in Mega-City- I don't know how many metahuman robberies you get in France or wherever, but that's pretty ROUTINE here!" he says, obviously still annoyed. The cop with you just shrugs as if to agree.

"As for the Magical stuff- which nobody can legally prove works, by the way- yeah, you get the occasional robbery. These things ALWAYS happen. But most people would rather casually acquire the stuff by buying it. This much Atlantean crap is usually just bought by rich collectors who want some bawbles for bragging rights, though. I have no idea where they're planning on SELLING all of this junk, unless they just want a nicer-looking Villainous Lair or whatever."

"Looks like they grabbed money from the guests, too, though it's not like these auctions are usually paid off with CASH, so mostly it's just jewels and that kind of stuff".

He looks at the formerly-hidden shelf, annoyed. "They didn't even take ALL of it, though. Left some stuff behind for some reason. I couldn't tell you their game."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Over the General comms comes Semilla's tentative voice. "Uh... guys. I have a Mrs. Masters here that had an Atlantean protective charm stolen. It was definitely magical by the resonance it left about her. It may be that the thieves had a sea-shell shaped thing that could detect magic since it didn't 'look' valuable by the description. It could be that there were other enchanted items taken." Semilla shares.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

(Figured I'll let our absentee members' characters "Talk")

FLYBY:

Flyby is scouting above the ground, and by "scouting", I mean getting distracted by hot chicks. Her perks up with the descriptions over the intercom: "SKYSCRAPER? Man, now THAT's a big woman- I'd like in on some of that Triple-Z-Cup Action, heheh!" he smirks, enjoying what are probably digusted reactions from the others. "I've heard'a motorboating, but that's like, YACHTING, or something. Get it? Cuz we're watching over a YACHT? Hehhnn.." he smirks to Silver Witch, who's close by.

MUSTANG:

Mustang isn't in his natural territory- coming in AFTER the robbery, with nobody around left to suplex. But he mumbles to himself "What's so great about the stuff that got taken? What ARE all these things in here?" he looks over the cabinet, but doesn't want to touch anything without a cue from the others.

Also, Doctor Mercury will notice, during the course of her research into creating the Gill Pills, that the enhanced physiologies of Mustang and Le Petit Hercule will create some stalls in the process. Nothing that can't be surpassed, but it's quite different.

Meanwhile, Helix, unrelated to the rest of the team, is flying around Mega-City.
Ken

Post by Ken »

le Petit Hercule
Jabroniville wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:31 amHe looks at the formerly-hidden shelf, annoyed. "They didn't even take ALL of it, though. Left some stuff behind for some reason. I couldn't tell you their game."
Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:36 amOver the General comms comes Semilla's tentative voice. "Uh... guys. I have a Mrs. Masters here that had an Atlantean protective charm stolen. It was definitely magical by the resonance it left about her. It may be that the thieves had a sea-shell shaped thing that could detect magic since it didn't 'look' valuable by the description. It could be that there were other enchanted items taken." Semilla shares.
Le Petit Hercule activates the 'SEND' on his own comm. "Oui, zat appears to be ze case since auctioning off such items iz not illegal, there were magic items here for ze taking," He responds to Semilla. He moves to where he can see what was left in the hidden area.

He says to Harman, "Do you know what kind of magic abilities the stolen artifacts were reputed to have? Or if you don't, might zis perhaps listed be in a catalogue for ze event? Or in your computer? Perhaps in a report for ze insurance people? Or maybe whomever does ze authentications for you?"
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)
HP: 2 Condition: Normal

"Hmm, guess my hunch was off base," Harry says as he considers the scene, "I was starting to think this was an inside job. Or at least that they had inside information."

Turning to Semilla he asks, "When you have a moment, would you be able to take a quick look around and let us know if there are any magical items in the auction items they didn't steal, please?"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Ken wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:41 am le Petit Hercule
He says to Harman, "Do you know what kind of magic abilities the stolen artifacts were reputed to have? Or if you don't, might zis perhaps listed be in a catalogue for ze event? Or in your computer? Perhaps in a report for ze insurance people? Or maybe whomever does ze authentications for you?"
[Assuming Hercule's hitting 'SEND' indicates an open comm channel.]

"There are confirmed magic items? Maybe if I see where they were I can detect magical residues." Semilla says over comms. "Coming to your location."

With witnesses as organized as she can make them she'll join the others at the auction location.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Halcyon
HP: 1; Condition: Foxy lady

"Shield, Slyce Press him on that; hes lying." Renards voice came over the comms "He's holding something back. The damage is too targeted, they didn't have time to search the whole boat and each passenger, they hit specific rooms as if they knew where they were going and looking for."

She finished her sweep and made her way back to the area where the rest of the team was perching herself hidden on the desk behind Harold Herman and letting Harry and Xavion know she was there by the most miniscule shuffling of a piece of paper on the desk.

Halcyons insight check _: 1D20+8 = [13]+8 = 21
if hes lying she should know it.

barring that shes gonna play a hunch and push things a little get the guys to make him sweat for her

Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"That may confirm the device to detect magical items." Semilla says into the comms as she makes her way to the boat.
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

HELIX

"Got my gear stored at my new place, time to check out this city." Helix thinks to himself. Stepping off the ledge of the building, the young Apache plummets toward the ground. Faster and faster the ground seems to move upward to meet him. Activating his powers he slowed his descent, and began gaining altitude. He started a circular gradually expanding route. "Well, let's see if someone needs my help."
Last edited by Hawk on Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ken wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:41 am le Petit Hercule
Jabroniville wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:31 amHe looks at the formerly-hidden shelf, annoyed. "They didn't even take ALL of it, though. Left some stuff behind for some reason. I couldn't tell you their game."
Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:36 amOver the General comms comes Semilla's tentative voice. "Uh... guys. I have a Mrs. Masters here that had an Atlantean protective charm stolen. It was definitely magical by the resonance it left about her. It may be that the thieves had a sea-shell shaped thing that could detect magic since it didn't 'look' valuable by the description. It could be that there were other enchanted items taken." Semilla shares.
Le Petit Hercule activates the 'SEND' on his own comm. "Oui, zat appears to be ze case since auctioning off such items iz not illegal, there were magic items here for ze taking," He responds to Semilla. He moves to where he can see what was left in the hidden area.

"WHAAAATTTT? If you think I can CONFIRM or DENY that I'm willfully selling MAGICAL ITEMS to people, then you're nuts!" Harman shouts, flustered. "I don't have wizards on my payroll, and nobody knows whether or not any of this stuff even WORKS any more! If some wizard wants to buy this junk and then USE it, then that's his business!"

"Wait a minute" the cop says. "If some of this stuff is actually related to SUPER-VILLAIN gear, then it's DEFINITELY illegal."

"Most of this is just assorted refuse from an Atlantean invasion or two- MOST OF IT broken. One was said to be a Monster-Summoning Horn. Some were, I dunno- Protection Magic or something. NONE of it worked. I already HAVE my insurance people looking into this, so you'll, OF COURSE, get an itemized list.

Halcyon: As far as you can tell, he's not exactly LYING about the magical stuff- just giving enough deniability that nothing can be connected to him. In many cases, an actual Wizard would be required to tell a magical device from an ornate piece of nothing, but he's most likely perfectly aware that SOMETHING is being bought and sold that shouldn't be. However, he's definitely not giving up a true "itemized list"- that's a lie.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Doctor Mercury
Jabroniville wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:48 am Also, Doctor Mercury will notice, during the course of her research into creating the Gill Pills, that the enhanced physiologies of Mustang and Le Petit Hercule will create some stalls in the process. Nothing that can't be surpassed, but it's quite different.
Tsk. Frustrating.

Makiko looks over their medical files and frowns. So many paths to physical reinforcement, and all of them just different enough from each other to foul the whole thing up. More data required. She makes a mental note to bring a syringe to get a blood sample from this Blue Shark woman.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Neville pipes in a bit "So this guy's been investigated more than once for selling illegal gear to people, but there's usually enough go-betweens that he claims to not have met and can't be CONFIRMED as meeting that there's usually deniability. Selling stuff that gives actual super-powers in an unregulated manner is REALLY illegal, but with Magic stuff, there's a lot of legalese involved. It's difficult to prove if the stuff works, if it's actually the real stuff at all, and if non-wizards can use it. HOWEVER, selling Magical gear tends to attract the attention of more good-natured Wizards, and draws demonic forces, so even THIS guy hasn't been too caught up in it."
Ken

Post by Ken »

le Petit Hercule

"Just the same, I wish we have some way of knowing, potentially, the kind of magic items with which we may have to contend," Hercule said, into the comm system, in his Parisian accent. "I'm worried not about getting Harman in trouble."
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)
HP: 2 Condition: Normal

Harry leans forward to apparently inspect the hidden panel, but mostly just to hide the fact that he's quietly talking on his comm, "It's true they seemed to know where to go, Renard, but Semilla's discovery about the sea-shell magic detector could explain that."

"I'm curious to know if they got all of the magic items, or if this device only detects certain items."

If it was just a certain kind of magic item, or items with a specific type of origin could make it easier for them to figure out the enemy team's next move.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

When Semilla gets there she is happy to look around for additional untaken magical items or even any residual magic energies from really powerful things taken.