Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Thorpocalypse

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by Thorpocalypse »

SLYCE

HP: 1; Condition: Fine

Slyce sidles over to Dogfish and puts his arm around his shoulder. "Good call, man. And let me be perfectly honest with you. Sometimes in these types of situations, the interrogators exaggerate things to get the perp to talk. I've certainly done it. But I can tell you in no uncertain terms, everything she said...she'll do it. So get yappin'."

With his enhanced senses, he could hear the reporters rushing the deck and some scattered conversations of the rest of the team. He hit his comm on the "party line" setting. "Harry, Herc, and crew, we just need a few minutes with Dogfish before we bounce. Can you stall for just a bit or Neville, can you get Halcyon and me separate transport if the rest need to go to check in with Doc M?"
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

OOC: I'll assume the comms have enough range to talk to the rest of the group, but if not I can delete this post later.
Doctor Mercury
HP: 2
Ken wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:31 am He activates his own comm, "Hercule au Docteur M. Hercule to Doctor M. How are those underwater breathing pills making?"
"Oh, Hercule. The candies are almost done, but I'm not in the lab at the moment. Hubert asked me to go help subdue another two of these Aquarius people. What about you? Did you find anything?"
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

"Um, gang" Hubert Maynard says over the communicator, "Doctor M just took out two OTHER Agents, and I think they're flesh and blood. And with the Dogfish guy, I think we have some pretty good leads to follow up on. If I can get the police to let us interrogate these guys whenever they wake up, we might have something."

Mega-Woman looks down through the hole in the boat's floor. "Is that RETRIEVER? I haven't seen the Dog Pack in AGES, not since..." she winces at the name, "DOBERMAN PUNCHER decided to make a go of it as a pro boxer".

She turns to The Shield, "Well, looks as if you might have a new prospective member, and some press members to avoid. Talk to some of the MCPD members- they're pretty good about letting costumed types talk to super-villains. These guys have TERRIBLE lawyers, to be honest. Usually too cheap, and assuming they'll just be broken out of prison later".

The heroine prepares to take off. "Let me know what you intend to do, Shield. And good luck to the lot of you!"
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)
HP: 2 Condition: Normal

Harry gives Helix a hard look, examining the young hero for a long minute.

Finally nodding he activates his comm, "I'm adding a hero, Helix, to the comms for the moment. If you've got a secret identity, try to keep it off the radio."

Reaching into a pocket under his jacket he pulls out a spare earbud, passing it to Helix with a smile, "Same goes for you, radio can pick up chatter on occasion."
Jabroniville wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:35 am "DOBERMAN PUNCHER decided to make a go of it as a pro boxer".
Harry just sighs and shakes his head in disappointment at the name. Still, he was forced to admit that it was better than Dog Fish.

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:35 am The heroine prepares to take off. "Let me know what you intend to do, Shield. And good luck to the lot of you!"
"Same thing we always do: Fight the good fight," Harry grins, "You got my number, I'll keep you up to date. Barbecue night is on Saturday, at least when the world doesn't need saving."

"Doc,
" Harry says into the radio, "You good, or should we send someone your way?"

He looks around, and to the locals says, "Okay, we should get those eyes in the sky. And we might want to link up with the police officers, offer some help and see if they have any updates. We could try to collect some of the wreckage of the robots for investigation but," he looks at the distant point where they were hurled, "I think that's probably a pipe dream."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Halcyon
HP: 1; Condition: Foxy lady

As Slyce prodded Dogfish for everything the poor mutt had ever done including cheating on his 5th grade history exams and stealing his mothers wallet as a kid to buy beer. Rena stood in the shadows where Dogfish could see her but only as a vague shadow with glowing red eyes. every now and then shed move just subtly enough to remind the pooch that she was still there.

As she did this she used the subvocal mic to speak quietly to Harry and the rest.

"We do have a prisoner but I'm skeptical of his use. He's an idiot who seems to have been set up by his teammates as a diversion, whether he actually knows anything of value is yet to be seen."
Last edited by catsi563 on Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Semilla
Arkrite wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:05 am "I think that's probably a pipe dream."

"Not... necessarily." Semilla volunteers hesitantly. "When I infuse my magic into a thing to cause it to grow I can still sense that magic for some time after. The viny shells around the knife-throwing robot and the Blue shark robot have been broken apart by the explosion but I can still tell where they are if we have someone good for water operations to retrieve the wreckage... If you want."
"Something pithy this way comes."
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

HELIX

Arkrite wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:05 am The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)
HP: 2 Condition: Normal

Harry gives Helix a hard look, examining the young hero for a long minute.

Finally nodding he activates his comm, "I'm adding a hero, Helix, to the comms for the moment. If you've got a secret identity, try to keep it off the radio."

Reaching into a pocket under his jacket he pulls out a spare earbud, passing it to Helix with a smile, "Same goes for you, radio can pick up chatter on occasion."

He looks around, and to the locals says, "Okay, we should get those eyes in the sky. And we might want to link up with the police officers, offer some help and see if they have any updates. We could try to collect some of the wreckage of the robots for investigation but," he looks at the distant point where they were hurled, "I think that's probably a pipe dream."
Accepting the comm. device, Helix address The Sheild. "I'll keep that in mind."
The Apache warrior takes flight. Calling over the comm. "Testing 1,2,3... Helix here, can I get a confirmation that this device is working?" Upon a confirmation from one of the team he will start flying to gather Intel.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

THE ADVENTURE CONTINUES:

So things are largely wrapped up- some wreckage has been uncovered and is at the police station. Dogfish, Blue Shark and Mako have been captured and are awaiting questioning, which the team may ask to be a part of. The team managed to escape the reporters before the police cordon was lifted, but the news reports seem to pay more attention to Mega-Woman's arrival than the team's own heroics- the rich man who owns the yacht is particularly forceful that destruction was wrought by the presence of super-heroes, though most people know he's at least a BIT dirty.

It's an hour or two later- the team will likely have reconvened, with Helix introduced to the group.

"Ummm... and who might you be, Mister... Helix?" Hubert says, upon meeting the sudden recruit. "I mean, I'm glad to have any new faces aboard, especially as some of our teammates had to bail at the last second just after our fight" he says, referring to Flyby and Mustang, who had family matters come up, "but uhhh... maybe tell us about yourself? Where'd you get your powers? What kind of stuff can you do? We have a guy here who specializes in superhuman research, and we've only got bits and pieces!"

He adds, "We also might want to be part of the police interrogation. Dogfish doesn't seem like he has any useful information, but the other two might, once they recover a bit."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Rosa

Back at headquarters Semilla lets the bark outer shell subsume into her body, shrinking slightly, returning to normal proportions. Her voice is lighter as if a great weight on her spirit is lifted as well as her body. "I can help with their recovery..., but I'm really not well suited for interrogation." she pales a little at the thought.
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

HELIX
Jabroniville wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:46 am THE ADVENTURE CONTINUES:

It's an hour or two later- the team will likely have reconvened, with Helix introduced to the group.

"Ummm... and who might you be, Mister... Helix?" Hubert says, upon meeting the sudden recruit. "I mean, I'm glad to have any new faces aboard, especially as some of our teammates had to bail at the last second just after our fight" he says, referring to Flyby and Mustang, who had family matters come up, "but uhhh... maybe tell us about yourself? Where'd you get your powers? What kind of stuff can you do? We have a guy here who specializes in superhuman research, and we've only got bits and pieces!"

He adds, "We also might want to be part of the police interrogation. Dogfish doesn't seem like he has any useful information, but the other two might, once they recover a bit."
"I'm not sure how much information that you are looking for, so I'll give you the basics, and if you have any other questions, then I'll answer them as you ask me. I don't know how I received my powers, I was camping outside the Camp Verde Reservation and I saw a bright light overhead, the next thing I remember, it was two days later. It didn't take long to realise that I had been changed, though by who and for what reason I have yet to ascertain the answer to. My powers are telekinesis in nature, moving things, flight, force field, usable both on myself and others, I can use telekinetic force channeled into a blast. I can use it to snare people. While I don't have Telepathy, I can extend a tendrils that I can use as sort of lie detector. Any other questions?"
Helix takes a seat, and waits on any questions that any of the team may have.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Rosa

Rosa looks to the newcomer and smiles. "Do you have a name you'd like us to call you besides 'Helix'?" She rolls a petite shoulder in a half-shrug. "And, by extension, do you have an identity you'd like to be kept hidden? I realize I should have asked before this, but I was so ready to not be... that," she gestures, paradoxically, to herself, "that I jumped the gun, but my identity as Rosa is only really known to the people in this room and separate from the tree form; I'm hoping to keep it that way for as long as it lasts."
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Silver Witch

Ariana had been in a daze since Mega-Woman talked to her. One of the living legends, a superheroine whose deeds most couldn't come close to equaling, had acknowledged her. She couldn't believe it, she didn't think it would happen until years from now and a lot more experience with her team. Even getting back on the jet to head back to headquarters, she was still thinking about what to ask her, what to do. Now in the middle of a meeting, she finally snaps out of her daze and realizes with horror what she forgot to do. "I didn't ask for her autograph!"
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

HELIX

Flynnarrel wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:13 pm Rosa

Rosa looks to the newcomer and smiles. "Do you have a name you'd like us to call you besides 'Helix'?" She rolls a petite shoulder in a half-shrug. "And, by extension, do you have an identity you'd like to be kept hidden? I realize I should have asked before this, but I was so ready to not be... that," she gestures, paradoxically, to herself, "that I jumped the gun, but my identity as Rosa is only really known to the people in this room and separate from the tree form; I'm hoping to keep it that way for as long as it lasts."
"I go by James when I am not in uniform. I prefer to let my private life be separate from my costumed identity. If you don't mind telling me, what names do all of you go by when you are not dressed for combat, and what powers do you have? I ask because it would help me to know what options the group brings to the battlefield.
Last edited by Hawk on Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Doctor Mercury
Hawk wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:14 am HELIX
"I'm not sure how much information that you are looking for, so I'll give you the basics, and if you have any other questions, then I'll answer them as you ask me. I don't know how I received my powers, I was camping outside the Camp Verde Reservation and I saw a bright light overhead, the next thing I remember, it was two days later. It didn't take long to realise that I had been changed, though by who and for what reason I have yet to ascertain the answer to. My powers are telekinesis in nature, moving things, flight, force field, usable both on myself and others, I can use telekinetic force channeled into a blast. I can use it to snare people. While I don't have Telepathy, I can extend a tendrils that I can use as sort of lie detector. Any other questions?"
Makiko leans forward in her chair. An unknown catalyst! Very interesting. Have you noticed any physical mutations since then? It seems to be largely psychic, have you had MRI scans of your brain and spinal cord taken yet? One of the benefits of affiliation with this group is direct care from one of the world's finest doctors. Free of charge!"
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:49 am Doctor Mercury
Hawk wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:14 am HELIX

Makiko leans forward in her chair. An unknown catalyst! Very interesting. Have you noticed any physical mutations since then? It seems to be largely psychic, have you had MRI scans of your brain and spinal cord taken yet? One of the benefits of affiliation with this group is direct care from one of the world's finest doctors. Free of charge!"
Noting her interest in his backstory, Helix thinks to himself "It would seem that she is the doctor." Helix reflexively leans back in his chair before answering her. "I haven't noticed any other changes, either physical or mental. As a former active duty Marine, I still work out, and nothing seems to have changed in that area, ie: stregnth, endurance, agility, etc. As far as the MRI goes, no to that one. I went to the Reservation' s Doctor for a checkup after the incident that gave me these powers happened. It wasn't an in-depth analysis, but they said that I was fine. I am not opposed to being checked out by the team Doctor. "