Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by Flynnarrel »

Rosa nods and smiles. She shakes the semi-full coffee pot as a reason she can't shake the enhanced man's hand.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)
HP: 1 Condition: Normal

"Now now, Doctor Wintour," Harry speaks up for the first time, "You can hardly hold a person accountable for the acts of their parents."

The big, broad shouldered man would normally stick out in a crowd, though next to Mustang he simply looked average. He'd worn his costume to the meeting, figuring that either they'd be in the thick of it immediately, or something might come up later. He had left his brodie helmet in the large leather backpack with his shield, and had pulled the cowl off so people could see his face before the meeting had started.

He smiles at Rosa and shakes his head, "Thank you-"

He had to bite off the "dear" he was about to add to the end of that sentence. He didn't mean anything by it, but he'd been told multiple times by his grandchildren that it wasn't acceptable to call women dear, darling or sweetheart.
People these days were so sensitive.

Clearing his throat he looked around the room. He'd noticed a few people eyeing him like they knew him when he arrived and was honestly a little surprised. Normally most people couldn't pick him out of a crowd even with the suit on.

"Guess that makes it my turn. My name Harry Mackenzie, but I'm better known for my partner here," He holds his hand over his backpack a little like Mako had a moment before, but after nothing happens he reaches down and pulls out the red and white heater shield with a maple leaf emblazoned on it that was his namesake.

Gently he sets it down in the middle of the table and sits back, waving permission to anybody who wants to inspect the shield.

"I'm afraid I don't bring anything special to the team," He said with a small smile, "Minor strength, and endurance, and a lot of hand to hand combat experience."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Rosa's breath catches when the shield comes out. Her hand goes, not to the cross but to a different necklace - a green-jeweled pendant. Her eyes are soft, like a person looking at a beautiful work of art. Her other hand slackens with the weight of the pot and it tips to spill a little bit of coffee on to the conference table. The dripping sound brings her to her senses.

"Oh, I'm sorry." she says, her voice a musical softness. "I... was just caught up in..." she waves a general hand toward the artifact the mustache man put on the table. But she shakes her head to clear the subject away.

"My name is Rosa." Her Latina accent turns the 'i' in 'ee' and clips the 's's to short hisses. "I'm gonna be... I guess, like a 'field consultant' for magic issues. I can explain what I know if there's magical forces involved and if there aren't... I can be of use still. I can reliably cast spells to knit wounds and... well... umm... plant control."

She looks to Mr. Maynard almost apologetically. "And... I'm gonna try to keep my 'civilian' identity a secret. I... I have mi familia to think of." She says, shyly.
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Silver Witch

"Don't worry, Rosa, your secret is safe with me. I guess I can trust all of you with my real identity. I'm Ariana Morgan, Mr. Mackenzie might remember my grandfather, Sergeant Morgan, who served alongside him in World War 2. Sir, if it weren't for you I wouldn't be standing here today, you saved my grandfather's life more times than he cares to count. And you definitely bring something special to the team, the wisdom of experience."
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Mako
Gently he sets it down in the middle of the table and sits back, waving permission to anybody who wants to inspect the shield.

"I'm afraid I don't bring anything special to the team," He said with a small smile, "Minor strength, and endurance, and a lot of hand to hand combat experience."
"Keen... The Shield's actual shield." Maia said with a tone of impressed awe, "My brother, Noah, he made one out of cardboard when we was kids! Pāpā used to spin a yarn about the time y'two gave a hiding to some Japs at a prison camp in Burma."
"My name is Rosa." Her Latina accent turns the 'i' in 'ee' and clips the 's's to short hisses. "I'm gonna be... I guess, like a 'field consultant' for magic issues. I can explain what I know if there's magical forces involved and if there aren't... I can be of use still. I can reliably cast spells to knit wounds and... well... umm... plant control."

She looks to Mr. Maynard almost apologetically. "And... I'm gonna try to keep my 'civilian' identity a secret. I... I have mi familia to think of." She says, shyly.
"Choice, bro. Magic is wicked cool." Maia smiled warmly at the girl, but tried not to smile too much, she was a shy one, "Never did understand how that all works myself. Never understood how the 'secret identity' thing works either. Never got to have one. Do you have a magic word that turns you into a karitehe? A fairy?"
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

“Fairy?! No... a... tree.” Rosa admits, her voice growing quiet, almost embarrassed.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

MAKO

"Yeah nah... Like, a moving tree, right? Like an Ent?" Maia shrugged, "They filmed all those movies in New Zealand..."
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Doctor Mercury
Arkrite wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:55 am The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)

"Now now, Doctor Wintour," Harry speaks up for the first time, "You can hardly hold a person accountable for the acts of their parents."
Makiko looks from Harry to Todd over the rim of her teacup. "Oh of course, of course. I look forward to his help in my research, in fact."
Ken

Post by Ken »

(Il est clair que notre mission de départ n'est pas une menace imminente.)0o. Adrien thought, watching and listening to his new teammates play 'Montrer et Raconter'. His eyes darted to each hero as they spoke.

[Clearly our starter mission isn't an immediate threat.] ['Show and Tell'].

"I am le Petit Hercule, the Little Hercules," he said. "As Monsieur Maynard said I am essentially the successor to the World War II era Nazi fighter called Kid Hercules. When I am properly dressed I am called Adrien."
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

GALACTICA
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy

K'lara's skin shifted slightly from the vibrant red to a slightly more curious reddish magenta as she looked at Hercule. "'The little Hercule, The Little Hercules? Isn't that a little long winded for a name?" The alien intergalactic translator, disguised as part of the decoration K'lara wore in her long, white hair of course translated everything into a single language....so self-translation in the same sentence as the untranslated would appear to her as Hercule simply repeating his name twice, with a slight variance between 'Hercule' and 'Hercules' picking up in the databanks are proper names and thus not being translated.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Batgirl III wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:33 am MAKO

"Yeah nah... Like, a moving tree, right? Like an Ent?" Maia shrugged, "They filmed all those movies in New Zealand..."
"Yeah... you're talking those kids movies right? I haven't seem them." Rosa said.
Ken

Post by Ken »

EpicEclipse wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:04 am K'lara's skin shifted slightly from the vibrant red to a slightly more curious reddish magenta as she looked at Hercule. "'The little Hercule, The Little Hercules? Isn't that a little long winded for a name?"
Unaware of the translation device, Hercule held up four fingers. "'Petit Hercule', quatre syllables. Same as 'Galactica'. N'afford pas un focus group. Bon après-midi."

quatre is 'four'; the ne-______-pas construction means 'not' but in two words in a unique sentence structure; 'un' is a; bon après-midi is 'good afternoon'.
Last edited by Ken on Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ken wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:28 am [

"Pardon," Hercule said, in French. "I understand the need to get know one another, but if we have, how do you say, a lead time on this 'starter' mission, would it not be bien to begin tout suite?" [good/right now]
"Hey, enthusiasm!" Maynard is excited. "I like you already! Unfortunately, the situation here is only really fixable at night. We'd have to wait until dark, at least- we're probably better off getting to know each other before you go dashing off into danger! I've heard it's always safer to have all the guys on the same page before they get into a scrap!". He looks over to Neville, who nods.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Arkrite wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:55 am The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)

The big, broad shouldered man would normally stick out in a crowd, though next to Mustang he simply looked average. He'd worn his costume to the meeting, figuring that either they'd be in the thick of it immediately, or something might come up later. He had left his brodie helmet in the large leather backpack with his shield, and had pulled the cowl off so people could see his face before the meeting had started.

He smiles at Rosa and shakes his head, "Thank you-"

He had to bite off the "dear" he was about to add to the end of that sentence. He didn't mean anything by it, but he'd been told multiple times by his grandchildren that it wasn't acceptable to call women dear, darling or sweetheart.
People these days were so sensitive.

Clearing his throat he looked around the room. He'd noticed a few people eyeing him like they knew him when he arrived and was honestly a little surprised. Normally most people couldn't pick him out of a crowd even with the suit on.

"Guess that makes it my turn. My name Harry Mackenzie, but I'm better known for my partner here," He holds his hand over his backpack a little like Mako had a moment before, but after nothing happens he reaches down and pulls out the red and white heater shield with a maple leaf emblazoned on it that was his namesake.

"*psh! WAY too modest, my man!" Maynard shouts. This guy is an authentic GOLDEN AGER! A little more obscure to American audiences thanks to the Legion of Liberty being as famous as they are, but he's as legit as they get! The Shield brings the one thing my money CAN'T buy- practical experience. He's lived the life as long as anyone!"
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Flyby

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:06 am WAY too modest, my man!" Maynard shouts. This guy is an authentic GOLDEN AGER! A little more obscure to American audiences thanks to the Legion of Liberty being as famous as they are, but he's as legit as they get! The Shield brings the one thing my money CAN'T buy- practical experience. He's lived the life as long as anyone!"
Sawyer cocks his eyebrow at this and the other's comments towards the Shield. He must be the real deal.

"Man, with all this praise being thrown about, it's a good thing you haven't given up your shield and suit for a cane and suspenders...yet." With a grin Sawyer holds his hand out to the Shield, "Nice to meetcha."
Formerly luketheduke86