Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Ken

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by Ken »

Adrien had his gloves folded over into his belt on the right hand side as he ran his hands under the water from the tap. He spoke to the reflection of his hooded face, "Que diable fais-tu ici, Adrien?"

[What the hell are you doing here, Adrien?]
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Flynnarrel wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:17 pm Rosa, blushes as more and more people seem to make her the focus of their attention.

She nods something that could be 'thanks' at K'lara's words that they didn't need to fight. A relief grows inside Rosa but whether it be a combination of no imminent confrontation or the Shields reasonable suggestion it was harder to tell.

At Sawyer's way-familiar gesture with the younger woman, Rosa will glance a question at Arianna - nothing overt or dramatic, just the 'is that okay' question young women give each other as part of their survival skills in the modern era.

She'll go on to say, "Yeah, Chicka, what all can you do?"
Makiko chuckles darkly.

"I can give you a new face," she offers. "Give me an hour and your own family won't recognize you."
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

MAKO
RainOnTheSun wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:43 am "I can give you a new face," she offers. "Give me an hour and your own family won't recognize you."
"Yeah nah, Maki. Why don't we just start with sunglasses and a baseball cap, ay?" Maia interjected, Makiko's enthusiasm for recreational plastic surgery snapping her out of the reverie the presence of the Canadian Shield had her in, "If it's good enough to let Orlando Bloom and Liv Tyler sneak into Macca's without the paparazzi tabloids filming them snog (which my best mate Beth swears she saw them doin' when she worked there) then I don't see why it shouldn't work for Rosa. She's got a nice face, yeah? Let's leave it be."

Note: "Macca's" is what they call McDonald's in New Zealand and some parts of Australia, try saying it aloud in an kiwi accent, it makes more sense spoken than written. Sort of analogous to the usage of "Mickey D's" in the US, it is so common a nickname that some official advertising actually uses the "Macca's" nickname.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Batgirl III wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:13 am MAKO
RainOnTheSun wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:43 am "I can give you a new face," she offers. "Give me an hour and your own family won't recognize you."
"Yeah nah, Maki. Why don't we just start with sunglasses and a baseball cap, ay?" Maia interjected, Makiko's enthusiasm for recreational plastic surgery snapping her out of the reverie the presence of the Canadian Shield had her in, "If it's good enough to let Orlando Bloom and Liv Tyler sneak into Macca's without the paparazzi tabloids filming them snog (which my best mate Beth swears she saw them doin' when she worked there) then I don't see why it shouldn't work for Rosa. She's got a nice face, yeah? Let's leave it be."
Doctor Mercury rolls her eyes. "Maia darling, history is not made by those who 'leave it be,'" she says. "But so be it." She sets aside her teacup and leans forward, focusing on her new employer.

"Mr. Maynard. Tell us about our, what did you call it, starter mission. What do you want us to do?"
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

"Haha, well, Semilla" Maynard starts, "we can definitely manage an alias, just for workplace uses. I have enough pull with HR to just invent jobs for people. Heck, they'll probably think I'm paying off a mist-" he pauses, flustered, realizing how awkward that might be if said aloud. "Um, I can do that."

"And as for my idea for the first mission, I think it'll prove... hey, wait. We only have eight. Where'd or french mini-powerhouse go?" he notes. "Anyone see where La... Le? La? ... Little Hercules went?"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:43 am Makiko chuckles darkly.

"I can give you a new face," she offers. "Give me an hour and your own family won't recognize you."
Rosa's eyes widen. Trepidation rolls off of her in waves.
Batgirl III wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:13 am MAKO
"Th... Thank you. I've seen enough tabloids to know the sunglasses and cap thing doesn't work well. Maybe... uh... the make-up and a wig?" she looks to The Shield who's idea it was.

She nods her thanks at Maynard for confirming it was possible but blushes at his 'paying off a mist-'.

"Oh right, 'Semilla' in the field." She pronounces it 'Seh-MEE-ya', the double-Ls become a 'Y' sound in Spanish.
[Would my Detect Magic sense give me a general direction for the heavily-enchanted Hercule?]
"Something pithy this way comes."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)
HP: 1 Condition: Normal

"Trick is to make it look like it can't be you. Wig with a different haircut helps, dress in a different style, wear heels to add height or slouch to look shorter," Harry pauses, "I don't know what your powers can do to help with that, but if they can make things that look like they can't easily be removed, like tattoos, that could help. Just try to avoid the things you're normally wear."

When Mr Maynard asked he nodded.

"Le Petit Hercule," He offers, then stands up, "I'll take a look for him."

He makes his way out of the room, leaving his shield on the table. With a sigh he looked around. There wasn't many places a person could do in a place like this, so he made his way into the men's washroom first.

<<::French:: It's not easy being so far from home,>> Harry said pulling off his own gloves, running some water on his hands and splashing some water on his face, <<How are you holding up?>>
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:34 am "Haha, well, Semilla" Maynard starts, "we can definitely manage an alias, just for workplace uses. I have enough pull with HR to just invent jobs for people. Heck, they'll probably think I'm paying off a mist-" he pauses, flustered, realizing how awkward that might be if said aloud. "Um, I can do that."

"And as for my idea for the first mission, I think it'll prove... hey, wait. We only have eight. Where'd or french mini-powerhouse go?" he notes. "Anyone see where La... Le? La? ... Little Hercules went?"
MUSTANG
"Herc went to the Bathroom.I'll go get him,i think we kinda ignored the little dude.If you'll excuse me,ladies...."
Making an overtly exagurated bow,Todd went off to find the Littlest Powerhouse.Heading into the Restroom,he called out to his(hopefully) new friend
"Hey Herc,Maynard's goona give us a rundown on our shakedown assignment...you ok?I don't think anybody meant to insult you or anything...."
OOC: I'm making an assumtion that Herc went to a public Restroom and that this building has one on this floor jab....
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Arkrite wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:32 am The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)
HP: 1 Condition: Normal

Harry's smile never wavers, "Actually it doesn't. Your grandpa was big ol' monster, but his wife was..."

He leans back, "Well, to be honest your her spitting image if I remember correctly, but a bit younger. I'm guessing his kids were like mine and took after their mother."

"How is Bear anyways? I haven't see him in forever."
Silver Witch
Ariana couldn't believe it, her grandpa forgot to mention The Shield knew grandma as well. What else has he left out of the tales he told her? "Oh, grandpa is doing alright, shocks the doctor every year with how great his health is. Refuses to retire though, runs an antique shop downtown here in Mega City which he inherited from great-grandpa."
Flyby

Hearing Rosa's concerns about being noticed at Mustang's restaurant he turns to her, "If you really want a disguise maybe Sabrina the Teenage Witch here could whip you up a disguise." he says as he puts his arm around Morgan and stage whispers "Just try to not make it too fanservicey, Morgan. It is a family establishment after all."
Ariana grabs his arm and removes it quickly. "One: Don't wrap your arm around a girl without her permission, it is rude. Two: I just said I'm not an actual witch, my powers use cosmic energy! If you are trying to fit in the annoying older brother role and tease me, you're off to a good start." Ariana's arms are crossed across her chest and she has a pout on her face that is cuter than intimidating in any way.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Arkrite wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:55 amThere wasn't many places a person could do in a place like this, so he (the Shield) made his way into the men's washroom first.

"Ce n'est pas facile d'être si loin de chez soi," Harry said pulling off his own gloves, running some water on his hands and splashing some water on his face, "Comment tenez-vous?"
Adrien was still focussed on his reflection as he registered someone else had come in. When he heard his native tongue he actually looked and was surprised to see the Shield at the next basin.

"Je ne m'attendais pas à ce que ma première conversation avec mes nouveaux coéquipiers soit une fille marron de l'espace qui me fait mal au sujet de mon nom de guerre, pas quand elle a décidé qu'elle en avait besoin de deux." Adrien said in response.
["I wasn't expecting my first conversation with my new teammates to be a maroon girl from outer space giving me a hard time about my codename. Not when she has decided she needs two."]

And then Mustang followed Shield into the men's washroom.

"Et la moutarde me monte au nez!" Adrien finished, saying to Harry.
["And the mustard goes up in my face!"]
MacynSnow wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:58 am "Hey Herc, Maynard's gonna give us a rundown on our shakedown assignment...you ok? I don't think anybody meant to insult you or anything...."
"Heh. You both came after me. Merci mes amis. Let's go." And le Petit Hercule headed for the washroom door.
["Thank you my friends"]

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Flyby
Psistrike wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:28 am Ariana grabs his arm and removes it quickly. "One: Don't wrap your arm around a girl without her permission, it is rude. Two: I just said I'm not an actual witch, my powers use cosmic energy! If you are trying to fit in the annoying older brother role and tease me, you're off to a good start." Ariana's arms are crossed across her chest and she has a pout on her face that is cuter than intimidating in any way.
Sawyer rubs at the back of his head, "Sorry Ariana, I promise it won't happen again. Can't make the same promise about the teasing though, my mouth pretty much runs off on its own," he adds with a rueful smile.

Sawyer turns to Maynard and the rest of the room, "Let's get get this show on the road. I get antsy when my feet are on the ground for too long."
Formerly luketheduke86
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

MAKO

"Aah, Flybie don’t mean no harm Ariana. Boys his age tend to be awkward ‘round pretty girls. If he really messes with you, just say the word and I’ll feed him to the sharks." Maia laughed, the kid seemed sincere in his embarrassment and the apology sounded genuine. Arianna was perhaps a bit sensitive... American girls were like that if television was to be believed... although, honestly, Maia didn’t really understand most girls back home either. Being raised by five brothers and a father who was sixty the day you were born and hanging out with fishermen and whalers didn’t leave room for girlfriends. “Reckon we should wait for them to get back from the gents, ay? Then we can get our marching orders for the first mission...”[/quote]
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Jabroniville

The Mission

Post by Jabroniville »

"Everyone's back? Terrific!" Maynard shouts. "Okay, I got Mr. Neville to produce a video file of the prospective mission:" He pushes a button, and Neville begins narrating.

"So as some of you might know, Mega-City's explosion of superhuman and costumed activity has led to a dramatic shift in how the city's street gangs operate. Regular street gangs began shifting to a more... THEMED type. Gangs would begin wearing costumes or uniforms, sometimes inspired by movies (he points out a screen of guys dressed as Universal Movie Monsters; and another in SCUBA gear), others video games, and others with a more generic theme, such as Mimes or Southern hillbillies." he adds, completely unemotional, as if this were a 100% normal thing to point out.

"Probably the most infamous of these are the World Warriors- a large gang comprised of martial arts enthusiasts dressed as characters from the popular Sports Simulation series, Street Fighter" (GM's note: this is actually an accurate descriptor in this universe). "But what's going on right now is a potential Gang War in the making."

He brings up a map. "Word on the street from eyewitnesses is that the Hillbillies gang, sectored in the old Billy-Bob's Farm & Petting Zoo district, has been pushed out of their territory after a series of rumbles with what appear to be a band of ninjas." He starts, again nonplussed. "What is odd about this", he indicates, as if hillbillies fighting ninjas is otherwise not especially interesting, "is that the Ninjas gang is sectored in Little Shinjuku" he shows a screen of neon-covered, advertisement-stricken buildings with mobile, robotic signs. "Whereas the Hillbillies are clear across the city. Both gangs are rivals of other gangs immediately next to them, such as the Rikishi- sumo enthusiasts- to the Ninjas, and other, more violent gangs to the Hillbillies."

Maynard adds "These gangs are USUALLY just involved in protection rackets and protecting 'turf', and 'rumbles' like this are pretty normal. Super-heroes often have to get involved, as these are flashy, showy affairs. But... two gangs on different ends of the cities fighting is pretty strange- it involves crossing a LOT of rival territory, and is very rare. The police are at a loss to figure out what these 'ninjas' actually are, and if there's a link to the Ninjas gang. Major shifts in gang territory can be very violent and tricky."

He continues, "What we think is a GREAT first mission for you guys, is an investigation into the Hillbillies territory, and possibly also the Ninja territory, figuring out what's going on between the groups. Things could get very bad, but the gangs are typically just Non-Powered Humans and not typically a dangerous to regular citizens. It's FLASHY... but I think we can avoid the usual 'teammate who dies on the first mission' thing" He jokes, implying an uncomfortable conclusion, but a common cliché in the business.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

MUSTANG
HP- 1 Condition-Normal

Ounce back in the room,todd took the seat he had previously and,placing his arms on the back,set his head on jis forearms as he listened to Neville's Briefing....
Taking a swig of his(now cold) coffee,Todd tried to wrack his brain for anything involving any potential Turf Shift's.The Ninja's being THAT far from home was definitely weird....
OOC: Alright,first roll of the game! Let's see how much coyotecode likes Mustang...
10+6=16 Expertise:Streetwise check
Pretty decent roll there....:)
Ken

Post by Ken »

le Petit Hercule

Listening intently, Hercule spoke up at the end, "I believe a group of nine ultrahumaine, how do you say, crime-fighters, might be un peu suspicious." He held up a thumb and forefinger close together as he used the French for "a little". "If citizens here are at all like they are back home, they might perceive un grand group as a threat. We should probably divide into sous-équipes..." he paused as if trying to think of a word, "pardon, divide into sub-teams, and some of us should go incognito."

superhuman/a little/a large/sub-teams/pardon/incognito
Last edited by Ken on Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.