RIP Stan Lee

The place to talk about your favorite novels, comic books and web comics.
KorokoMystia

RIP Stan Lee

Post by KorokoMystia »

I..really don't know what the say. For all his faults, the man had a ton of charisma, and he had a huge influence on superhero comics even if we don't know the full story behind what characters he did or didn't create. Here's a link to the news.
Davies

Re: RIP Stan Lee

Post by Davies »

This one hurts.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

I just saw this and was coming to post something. I hardly know what to say about a man responsible for so many of my good memories.

Well, one thing does come to mind.

Excelsior.

Ever upward, Stan. Ever upward.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

One of the few individuals who can truly be called a legend, he left his mark not only with his creations at Marvel Comics but beyond. I think his love for his creations is what kept him going even after losing his wife of 69 years last year. Seeing him in Marvel movies and so active, it almost felt like he was immortal. If only...
M4C8

Post by M4C8 »

No, just no. :cry:
Sta was one of the very few people on the planet I've ever actually wanted to meet, to thank him for giving so much enjoyment to me and so many others for so long. I may at some point have to get my first ever tattoo to commemorate this genuine legend of a man.
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Stan Lee was a man, with the good and bad that come with that.
But over time he became an icon, the creator of the comic books greats we grew up with.
He was a living reminder of those great things that played such a big role in my life growing up.

Stan, I didn't know you, but thank you for all of the stories. They meant the world to me.

Excelsior.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

From one of stans most memorable cameos even if the movie was in wasn't great

I guess one person can make a difference... Nuff said. :cry:
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Those last few years of the man's life were truly devastating, but I just wish that at the end in the comfort of his home, he finally had a moment's respit. Might he to be reunited with his wife again, I wish them happiness in a rest well deserved.

To borrow from something I just read; Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Rest in peace.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Voltron64

Post by Voltron64 »

Once upon a time, there was man. A man with three friends. Together they went on a spaceship and the world was never the same...
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest is silence."
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

This is too bad- I felt it was coming, given his age and the "late stages of life" stuff going on with him, but... wow. Truly the end of an era. He's basically the last of the superstars of The Marvel Age.
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Rest in peace, Stan, rest in peace.
RUSCHE

Post by RUSCHE »

While I am absolutely devastated that he passed , in some way it is a good thing. He was lost without his amazing wife Joan, they now can be together in eternity. His work will live on , in us and our love for the medium. He was one of a kind.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Stan Lee probably had a hand in more of my entertainment than any other single person. Marvel comics might be the most valuable entertainment property in the world right now. What a legacy. He's going to be missed