Stan Lee's Bill of Rights

The place to talk about your favorite novels, comic books and web comics.
Ares
Site Admin

Stan Lee's Bill of Rights

Post by Ares »

I came across this today, and I thought it was worth sharing.

"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
catsi563

Re: Stan Lee's Bill of Rights

Post by catsi563 »

no surprise at all that's stan to the core of his being.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Maybe be this should be sent to Marvels current editorial team.....
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
RUSCHE

Post by RUSCHE »

When Marvel understood it's role to the reader and how we adored the medium.
Chris Brady

Post by Chris Brady »

Tattooedman wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:14 pm Maybe be this should be sent to Marvels current editorial team.....
I have. I got blocked shortly after.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

I feel this is relevant in the wake of the recent nontroversy over the whole "Spider-Man should be gay" thing:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/j ... d-straight
Stan Lee wrote:“I wouldn’t mind, if Peter Parker had originally been black, a Latino, an Indian or anything else, that he stay that way. But we originally made him white. I don’t see any reason to change that.”

I think the world has a place for gay superheroes, certainly. But again, I don’t see any reason to change the sexual proclivities of a character once they’ve already been established. I have no problem with creating new, homosexual superheroes.

It has nothing to do with being anti-gay, or anti-black, or anti-Latino, or anything like that. Latino characters should stay Latino. The Black Panther should certainly not be Swiss. I just see no reason to change that which has already been established when it’s so easy to add new characters. I say create new characters the way you want to. Hell, I’ll do it myself.”
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Yup...2 thumbs up to Stan. If you want romantic love watch a manga. Unless it has a direct bearing on the story why is it even worth mentioning? Who cares what superman and wonderwoman, or batman and the boy wonder do in their spare time. Batma'am can love whoever she wants and I couldn't care less. It just seems like needless virtue signalling. If it makes for a better story and it is not messing with established characters then sure, whatever.
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.